Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58934 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #301 on: January 29, 2024, 05:58:02 pm »

I'll point out Imp has yet to show any team-based behavior. Granted I don't think they've ever been teamed on this forum, but point stands.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 29, 2024, 06:18:53 pm »

Imp, why on earth would it be good to know that?

Because busses and redirects are a thing, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a really scummy person forced to do something that harms them, and certainly don't want to see stuff like that harm town.

First off, I'd advise people not to target me. It likely won't work, will cause weirdness and chaos, and probably degrade the quality of night information.
Also, you can try to target me. It's not the end of the world, it's just that your actions are less likely to work as intended or help town if you do so.

But we have entire redirection sphere.  Your 'advice' directs towards 'person do not target me' and mostly warns the person.

Just like someone with a kill may have to think about that dangerous kill redirect object, and if it might be given to them or someone else they probably don't want dead, a redirecter may want to consider 'wait, what if I accidentally or intentionally send someone else who seems like disrupting them would be useful into NJW2000's weirdness?'
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 29, 2024, 06:23:47 pm »

uhh wait, Imp seems to think you can just hot potato hand it off to someone like "enjoy the mafiakill lol"

In which case I'd still like to trade for it today but for different reasons. Or rather the same reasons everyone else would like an item that let them pick the mafiakill target, heh. But that seems unlikely.

Making sure we're all reading.

The first kill or mafiakill action tonight will be redirected to target me. I'm probably going to die.

No idea how 'first' is determined or if it matters.

But that's the actual claim TM made about the item.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 29, 2024, 06:25:31 pm »

What if the emeralds are useful to town and doesn't need you to be usable?
Then you know more than I do.  Which is possible, ToonyMan knew things, and I didn't know that ToonyMan knew things, so maybe more people know things that I don't!  All I know is that everyone is snooping as usual.

But we have entire redirection sphere.  Your 'advice' directs towards 'person do not target me' and mostly warns the person.

Just like someone with a kill may have to think about that dangerous kill redirect object, and if it might be given to them or someone else they probably don't want dead, a redirecter may want to consider 'wait, what if I accidentally or intentionally send someone else who seems like disrupting them would be useful into NJW2000's weirdness?'
While this is true, what are the chances someone picked the redirection sphere?  We picked our spheres before we knew our alignment.  The best you can say is that we have access to the spheres outside of the normal method (which I can confirm is possible), but that's less likely.

Also, as long as Quarque is telling the truth, the redirect would need to be used on me, since I can Refill Quarque's 1-Shot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 29, 2024, 06:27:43 pm »

Actually... Quarque, can I have an Apple?  I'll trade you my Chaos Emerald.  I have an idea.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 29, 2024, 06:27:58 pm »

While this is true, what are the chances someone picked the redirection sphere?  We picked our spheres before we knew our alignment.  The best you can say is that we have access to the spheres outside of the normal method (which I can confirm is possible), but that's less likely.

Also, as long as Quarque is telling the truth, the redirect would need to be used on me, since I can Refill Quarque's 1-Shot.

Are you interfering in my question to Quarque and the subsequent discussion?  If so, why?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 29, 2024, 06:29:10 pm »

EBWOP err, NJW, not Qua, sigh.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 29, 2024, 06:31:33 pm »

Are you interfering in my question to Quarque and the subsequent discussion?  If so, why?
"aRe yOu InTeRfErInG wIf mY qUeStIoN?"

That's what you sound like.

I'm sorry that you were unable to find the answer yourself, it was just too obvious not to answer.

Offer my Green Chaos Emerald for an Apple.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 29, 2024, 06:35:41 pm »

@sofa:  You're asking me to defend myself from accusations of I pretended to be a bad guy... and what else?
See, now that reads like you're backpedaling because your plan of coercing others to gift you jewels backfired.

Hey, why do you think this?
I'm not vanilla town this time, buddypal.

I voted you because you were voting Fallacy.
0_0

You've persuaded me well, EuchreJack.  Now, it's obvious that you and Fallacy are the mafia team, and web, just like I predicted, is a harmful third party.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2024, 06:36:59 pm »

Sweet.

webadict

nqt, been 11 pages since a votecount, may we have another please?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 29, 2024, 06:37:49 pm »

Checking with you, EP.

Imp's second implausible hypothetical? Where was the first?

This:

Then isn't the obvious solution to give it to whoever you think is most likely to be scum so they get teamkilled?

We'd better confirm that give happens before the kill.  I have a question about that waiting for an answer now.
Thinking on it further, this wasn't a very big deal. I think it's an extremely strange thing to be worried about (generally speaking, everything resolves before kills unless otherwise stated; why wouldn't Give?), but I'm not sure what scum would get out of doing that. I still stand by the general thrust of my post.

So, did you miss this?

Ninja? In case of hammers, note that Items are passed out. Actions still occur even if a player is killed, cause dying happens at end of night. So the page would draw the kill, you give it away to aonther, then you die.

If what I asked and checked on was implausible for you, how do you read TM's statements and order of operations here?
As being even more silly.

Elephant Parade: Imp makes a lot of implausible scenarios as town, why do you think they're not town here?
Vibes

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 29, 2024, 06:39:49 pm »

Sweet.

webadict

nqt, been 11 pages since a votecount, may we have another please?
Was the question not obvious to you?  Or did I not have answers that you liked?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 29, 2024, 06:42:32 pm »

Hey, why do you think this?
I'm not vanilla town this time, buddypal.

I wondered if that might be it, but I wanted to know if there was anything else.

A statement "I am not vanilla town" is not the same as "I am not town".

Last game, town FoU claimed vanilla town, when in fact they were not vanilla town, they were a non-vanilla town.

Given that this could be happening here too - the claim only rules out 'vanilla town' - do you still stand by this?

Fallacy unambiguously being not town-allied

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 29, 2024, 06:43:42 pm »

Was the question not obvious to you?  Or did I not have answers that you liked?

I don't read town in your behavior.  But wow are you interested in what you do care about.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 153