Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58357 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #315 on: January 29, 2024, 06:48:25 pm »

Was the question not obvious to you?  Or did I not have answers that you liked?

I don't read town in your behavior.  But wow are you interested in what you do care about.
You literally asked why I answered a question for someone else, a question you've asked multiple times before and have gotten answers that you won't retain in long-term memory.  So, the only remaining option was to mime you in a sarcastic manner, in the hopes that the answer sticks.

It appears it might!

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 29, 2024, 06:50:48 pm »

do you still stand by this?
Huh, guess not anymore.  I'll still be rereading Fallacy's posts.  As a rule of thumb, I tend to trust past me's judgements more than my own.  Maybe that guy was onto somethin'?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2024, 06:56:19 pm »

Elephant Parade: Imp makes a lot of implausible scenarios as town, why do you think they're not town here?
Vibes
I have no idea how Imp both of our vibechecks.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 29, 2024, 07:18:30 pm »

You've persuaded me well, EuchreJack.  Now, it's obvious that you and Fallacy are the mafia team, and web, just like I predicted, is a harmful third party.
Man, it would really suck if ALL my mason buddies are anti-town. Toony's okay at least, right?

EuchreJack, you can't just get out of being easily read by not playing.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 29, 2024, 07:45:18 pm »

I'm out of work! Thusly, I can read more and post more.

Please let me do so.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 29, 2024, 07:46:13 pm »

Please let me do so.
No. Banned. I forbid it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2024, 07:51:58 pm »

Please let me do so.
No. Banned. I forbid it.

I would daykill you right hecking now if I could.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2024, 07:57:05 pm »

If we catch town with the lynch, I get refilled. If we don't, that's two anti-town out of the way Day 1.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that a refill of TM's double elim, if we do manage to not take out town, might also be useful.  What do you think about that, web?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2024, 08:02:20 pm »

If we catch town with the lynch, I get refilled. If we don't, that's two anti-town out of the way Day 1.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that a refill of TM's double elim, if we do manage to not take out town, might also be useful.  What do you think about that, web?
I think I already mentioned it was a viable choice for refilling, which is why I asked TricMagic about it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 29, 2024, 08:16:03 pm »

Did you create this trade system?
I obviously picked fruit selling as a sphere but beyond that, NQT came up with the trade mechanic.
But is the trade system in effect because of your role?
I don't know why Quarque phrased it that way either.

The first kill or mafiakill action tonight will be redirected to target me. I'm probably going to die.
Willing to say because why?  Does it happen to be an auto, an item, or what?
It's an item I started the game with thanks to someone else's role. I don't think anybody is going to want to trade with me and I'm not going to lie about what it does.

I could give it to someone tonight I guess as my night action. I think that would save me if that works but would probably get someone else killed.
Then isn't the obvious solution to give it to whoever you think is most likely to be scum so they get teamkilled?
Maybe.

It just has the item tag, no attached spheres.
Tric is correct. The Chaos Emeralds do nothing on their own, they just have the item tag.

Then isn't the obvious solution to give it to whoever you think is most likely to be scum so they get teamkilled?
We'd better confirm that give happens before the kill.  I have a question about that waiting for an answer now.
Eh? TM seemed to think it would (otherwise passing it off to someone wouldn't save him) and kills typically take place after other night actions.
Please don't use TM when there are players named ToonyMan and TricMagic in this game.

Me dying early isn't really an issue for me. Ideally I catch mafia today at which point don't have much to do for rest of game.
Toonyman. Why are you looking for better offers. More importantly, why do you pass off knowing the colors of the emeralds as special information? I was looking through stuff with search function, and that strikes me as extremely odd.
I wanted to see if anybody wants this Death Bible more than you do. NJW seemed willing to trade.

@Quarque:
You have no reason to trust me besides the fact I'm giving information freely.

You have to believe my thoughts and feelings are honest.
Well the fact that you and web seem inclined to trust each other based on something more solid than that is interesting. It makes me feel slightly better.
I'm making a meta call. I don't have a proper read on Webadict yet I just find it odd if he were Mafia here. Obviously, he's also going to want me alive if I can find the Emeralds for him. Not sure I can confirm his actions unless he plans on taking Emeralds at night.

Toons, I highly recommend you discuss with nqt the details of the various abilities you have and confirm that for yourself with the actual full knowable specifics, but that should work.
Sure, I can do that.

I hope that object is real, because at least then I know I won't get killed first again.
It's real. I was thinking of giving it to you tonight if I can't trade it.

Withdraw previous trade offer.
:(

While I concur with the sentence that follows, that seems extremely unlikely! Imp, this is your second implausible hypothetical and I don't much like it, especially since you've been very speculative in general.
I think you're seeing Imp as scummy again here (such as FBYOR6) when I'm not sure they're scum.

Toonyman: would you be willing to trade the bible page for something? I'm probably the best person to give it to at the moment.
Yes. I'm willing to trade with you since Tric has declined.

What if the emeralds are useful to town and doesn't need you to be usable?
Then you know more than I do.  Which is possible, ToonyMan knew things, and I didn't know that ToonyMan knew things, so maybe more people know things that I don't!  All I know is that everyone is snooping as usual.
https://youtu.be/8UmXX21zVms?si=OkJceyUIUdrSgOVF

Preliminary Thoughts:

TricMagic - definitely not Mafia, giving mafia a double-lynch every day would be nuts (according to him he'd keep the ability if two town got lynched)
Imp - I don't understand anything they're saying, town

Quarque - took fruit-seller and protection with something else, I think they've been upfront and honest with their behavior
Webadict - pingas
Max - not sus
Elephant Parade - probably town

Sofanthiel - I have no idea what they're doing, I don't feel like they're scum though
Crystalmire - they exist
NJW - I don't know

FoU - sus
Jack - sus

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 29, 2024, 08:16:54 pm »

Why?
1. I believe adict poses the most significant threat to town as of right now.
2. There is a somewhat amusing meta reason that will be revealed at a later day/after the game's end.
OK, but "right now" is like six hours into D1. Hector hasn't even posted yet. You might think someone entirely different is the biggest threat in twelve hours! So it's a little early to bring out the daykills, no?

I know Jim did something similar last game, but that was because someone claimed Serial Killer.
Hector isn't in this game. I say again.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 29, 2024, 08:21:36 pm »

You're right. I have no idea why I thought he was.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2024, 08:22:54 pm »

Aha, he posted on Page 1 and I saw him while I was looking through the signups. I feel marginally less silly now.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 29, 2024, 08:24:40 pm »

Please don't use TM when there are players named ToonyMan and TricMagic in this game.
Whoops, thank you.  I didn't even think about that.

Imp - I don't understand anything they're saying

Hope you can pass that blowback problem to someone else.  EP mentioned it first, maybe it makes sense from him - and maybe you're not as cursed as you thought at first even if the Scottish Author is long dead.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 29, 2024, 08:24:41 pm »

You've persuaded me well, EuchreJack.  Now, it's obvious that you and Fallacy are the mafia team, and web, just like I predicted, is a harmful third party.
I think you're more right than you even think you are.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 153