Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Post Your Own Role  (Read 3396 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Post Your Own Role
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2024, 01:48:38 pm »

Time Traveling Goatfish (Town)
(Night) Goat In The Ocean Of Time [target]: Is it a goat? It's sure acting like a fish, albeit not one in any normal ocean. All actions targeting you this Night are delayed until the Night after your death, and redirected to your target.
(Night) Fish In The Goatpen Of Time [target]: Is it a fish? It's sure acting like a goat, albeit not one in any normal pen. Copy all single-target delayed actions and use them on your target.
(1-Shot, Night) Goatfish In The Penned Ocean Of Time [target]: Maybe it's just both at once. Use Goat In The Ocean Of Time on your target, then use Fish In The Goatpen Of Time on your target, then immediately resolve all delayed actions.

Metarole Heaven
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2024, 01:58:26 pm »

Metarole Heaven (Survivor)
(Auto) Literally Where Roles Go When They Die: Whenever any player's role flips in the thread, you gain that role alongside any other roles you may have.
(Day) All Hell Breaks Loose (target): Swap any one of your roles of your choice, including this one, with your target's role or roles.

Is this a role I see before me?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2024, 02:54:48 pm »

Is this a role I see before me? (Town)

(night) ...or art thou but a role of the mind, a false creation (target): If your target has a kill power the next ability you use will be Sensible for the following night phase.

(night) And on thy blade and dudgeon gouts of blood (target): If this ability is Sensible, it kills its target. Otherwise it kills you.

Hungry Hungry Hippo

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2024, 03:05:10 pm »

Hungry Hungry Hippo (Outsider)

(Night, Innate) Nom [self]: Tonight, you eat all actions performed on you. They still take effect.
(Auto, Innate) Big Stomach: When you eat an action, it enters your stomach. Actions in your stomach can't be used by their owners. If you ever have five or more actions in your stomach, you win the game and leave play, taking all the actions you ate with you. If you die, you immediately vomit out your entire stomach, returning all actions to their original owners. When you act at night, a random action leaves your stomach (if it isn't empty) and returns to its original owner.
(Night, Free) Spit Out [t]: Use one of the actions in your stomach, then return that action to its original owner. You can't lose any other actions tonight.

Metal Slime

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2024, 04:19:03 pm »

Metal Slime (Town)

(Auto 3-shot) Hard to Find: Where is that damn slime? Actions performed upon you fail. No result is given to the actors.
(Auto) Mine to Mine: Escape the bind. Gain copies of abilities used on you.
(Auto 1-shot) EXP Grind: Mana breaks the line. When lynched, gain 1 shot of Hard to Find and revive. Your hammerer/killer gains copies of your gained abilities, if any.

『  』
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 04:21:23 pm by TricMagic »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2024, 07:37:43 pm »

『Quotation Mark』(Serial Killer)

『My name's TricMagic and I make weird suggestions!』

(Innate, Auto) Q.E.DConclusive.  You Learn the actual target of your Actions.
{AP2} (Night) Mark [target]:  Quoted for truth.  You Learn the target's Role and Action.  The target is considered 『Marked』.
{AP3} (Night) Quote-Unquote [target]:  If you could call it that.  You Roleblock all of the target's Actions.  You Disable all of the target's intended non-Mafiakill Actions.
{AP3} (Innate, 1-Shot, Night) Marked For Death [target]:  『Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru』  You kill the target and all 『Marked』 Players.  Your Win Condition becomes "You win when all other Players besides up to one are dead."

Reformed Mafioso

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2024, 08:34:44 pm »

Reformed Mafioso (Town):
(Auto) Nice Guy: You've given up the mafia life for good, made a fresh start for yourself. You alignment inspect as Town. You cannot use kill actions.
(Night) Soup Kitchen [target]: You had to make amends for your crimes somehow... Your target and anyone visiting your target gain one Soup Bowl ability of your choice.
(Night) Bodyguard [target]: You'll protect the people you trust with your life. You protect your target from up to one kill. If you prevent a kill by this method, you are killed, but the user of the kill action gets Wounded.

Quote from: Reference
(Reference, 1-Shot, Item, Free, Night) Chicken Soup Bowl [self]: Nourishing and healing. Choose an ability you possess, remove Disabled from it if it is Disabled. Choose up to one Status condition you possess, lose that status condition.
(Reference, 1-Shot, Item, Free, Night) Beef Soup Bowl [self]: Strengthening and invigorating. You cannot be roleblocked or delayed this Night.
(Reference, 1-Shot, Item, Free, Night) Carrot Soup Bowl [self]: Helps with eyesight in stories. You learn if you were redirected this Night, and if you are redirected, you learn which player or players you were redirected to.
(Reference, Status) Wounded: Urgh, this hurts... If you would gain Wounded while you already have Wounded, you die instead.

Meddling Arcanist
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2024, 08:51:45 pm »

Meddling Arcanist (Serial Killer)

Kinetic Shield (Auto): The first kill against you each night is blocked, and you gain 1 shot of Kinetic Release.
Kinetic Release (Free, Night, 0-shot): You kill your target. If your target previously used a kill on you, this is unblockable.
Meddle (Night): You redirect target 1 to target 2.
 - If target 1 used a kill action, you gain an Element of Death.
 - If target 1 used an inspect or track action, you gain an Element of Wisdom.
 - If target 2 was protected or unaffected, you gain an Element of Stability.
Ascension (Innate, Auto): If you possess all three Elements, you win and are removed from the game.

Gate of Dreams when?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2024, 07:26:18 am »

This is too convoluted for me to figure out if any of it makes sense, but this is probably appropriate for a Fal inspired role...

Gate of Dreams when? (Town)

(Auto) I just need one solid night of motivation to finish the start of it: Your first action of the game is delayed by one cycle. You always know which of your own abilities have been delayed.

(Auto) Sooner than before: Each night phase, you may perform additional actions equal to the number of times your actions were delayed in the previous night phase.

(Night) Eventually [target]: Target's action is delayed to the following night. If your own previous action wasn't delayed, your next action will be delayed.

The Sensation Of Stepping On A Slug With A Bare Foot

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2024, 07:40:11 am »

The sensation of stepping on a slug with a bare foot (Town)
Why would anyone want this?

(Day)No! [target]: If the target is currently voting you, you steal one of their votes for one phase. If they aren't, they are forced to use all their votes to vote you for the rest of the phase.
(auto)GetItOff!: the fastest-acting ability used on you each night is negated.
(night)It doesn't go away! [target]: Roleblock your target.

Making Post Restrictions Great Again
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 07:42:22 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2024, 08:50:37 am »

Making Post Restrictions Great Again (Mafia)

(Auto) The Great Wall of Posts: If your last Post was at least 100 words long, become immune to other players' actions. Actions made against you report an Action Failed message and refund any shots. (excluding votecounts and quotes)
(Day) Sheep Post: Target 1 player that has made a post at least 100 words long today. Any actions they have disabled or status conditions affecting them are removed. They also gain your vote for the remainder of the day. (excluding votecounts and quotes)
(Night) Post Restrictions: Target 1 player who did not post at least 100 words in any of their posts yesterday. They are roleblocked tonight. All their actions are disabled. If this targets a player that does not count as a target, it does nothing. (excluding votecounts and quotes)
(Day/Mafiakill) Chinese Fire Post: At the end of the Day, kill any players currently affected by Post Restrictions. Mafiakills are disabled for each player that has them. This disable is removed when you die. (You can choose to remove this ability as a Day Action if you are the only Mafia remaining, even if this ability is currently disabled. Gain access to a vanilla Mafiakill.)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 09:12:16 am by TricMagic »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2024, 09:04:55 am »

((psst, tric, post a rolename))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2024, 11:00:14 am »

((Psst, maybe go with 'in and didn't submit a role, again'?))
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2024, 11:00:44 am »

(Godfather)

(Auto) Kind of looks like an ordinary fence: You inspect as town.

(Night) Not a Fence [target]: you visit the target in the night. This action appears as a block to all other players.

(Night) Still not a Fence [target]: you visit the target in the night. This action appears as a protect to all other players.

(Night) Dude, did you really think that was a fence? [target]: you visit the target in the night. This action appears as a jailkeep to all other players.

(Day) Wait, so it's just a bunch of posts? : Lose all votes for the remainder of the game. You can no longer be targeted at night.

The role that can target all players that can't target themselves.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 11:11:40 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2024, 01:00:48 pm »

The role that can target all players that can't target themselves.

Not even a challenge, even if I cover for both interpretations.

(Town)

(Innate) Don't Hate The Game:  You are untargetable and do not count as a Player for the purposes of targeting.  This is announced publicly at the beginning of the game.
(Auto) Hate The Players:  Each Day, you Choose a living Player you haven't Chosen before.  That Player treats all instances of "target" as "Choose" instead for one Cycle.
(1-Shot, Night) Reverse Targeting [target (xAny)]:  Change the target of the Actions of all targets from either all non-targeted Players if self-targeting or self if targeting another Player.  If neither apply, do nothing.

Om nom nom
Pages: 1 [2] 3