Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Hunted (SG)  (Read 7702 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted (SG)
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2024, 11:38:28 pm »

Nah, it's just like clockwork.  See a story about a nonhumanoid protagonist, watch a countdown until said protagonist..

A:  Is human.
B:  Gets magic.

So it's identical to most every other story.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2024, 12:03:00 am »

How about D human pheromone emitters that make other humans think we seem like a good mate, in defiance of all other evidence.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2024, 09:00:37 pm »

Nah, it's just like clockwork.  See a story about a nonhumanoid protagonist, watch a countdown until said protagonist..

A:  Is human.
B:  Gets magic.

So it's identical to most every other story.
The protagonist is up to the players, i hadn't really considered a nonhumanoid protagonist until it was voted for.

1 Opposable thumbs.
2  Arms for flexing.
3 Sweat glands for long endurance.
4 human pheromone emitters that make other humans think we seem like a good mate, in defiance of all other evidence.

i rolled a 4.
----------

As you sleep in the dry patch, body changes and you gain a musky alluring sent.
(human pheromone emitters gained.)

refreshed now you set about dealing with your hunger and thirst.
It's easy to gain access to a small flow fresh water from a drain, so you stake your thirst but you hunger is a harder matter to deal with.
While there discarded, rotten and once eaten food flowing in the sewers, you have standards.

1: Scavenge the bins of a takeaway
2: Raid a buchers shop, there is a near by butchers shop, you can smell the blood in the water
3: Hunt a person, you liked the last two.
4: Hunt smaller game, like cats, dogs and birds.
5: Other.

Spoiler:  Simba, the Lion King (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2024, 10:15:25 pm »

5 You don't need to hunt for humans, they seem to come conveniently packaged in huge boxes. Find a nice apartment building and pick off the inhabitants at your leisure.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2024, 10:35:23 pm »

5 You don't need to hunt for humans, they seem to come conveniently packaged in huge boxes. Find a nice apartment building and pick off the inhabitants at your leisure.

I like it but I’m gonna say we start smaller with 3 as a warm up.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2024, 01:19:28 am »

#4, I think we can hit humans after we're too strong to have to worry about them.  They don't worry about their pets, do they?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2024, 01:28:31 am »

#4 for lower stakes while we're still getting the lay of the land. Once we're more familiar with the area and its inhabitants, we can move on to larger game.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2024, 03:01:05 am »

I'd like a number 4.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2024, 09:30:57 pm »

#4 for lower stakes while we're still getting the lay of the land. Once we're more familiar with the area and its inhabitants, we can move on to larger game.

The rain is thick and heavy, it dives rats down in to your sewers , drives them to your hungry mouth.
The rats are easy to kill and eat, there crunchy but unfulfilling to eat.

You head out to there surface, its dark and cold in the rain, but that doesn't stop you from looking for larger prey.
its not long before you find a large orange cat sitting by some bins, it try's to dart away but you grab its tail, the cat is tasty much better the the rats.

But your still hungry, then you see it, a fat little pug dog tied up in the alleyway beside a store.
you walk up to them, there calm as you pet them before you bite.

As you make your way back to your sewers, you see a woman in the distance.
At someone that you feel you've seen before or maybe its fear biting back at you.
She's like a shadow, a black rubber catsuit, matched with too pale skin and short pink hair.

But as you look back, she's not there.
Its dark and cold, the hard rain clouds your vision and you need to sleep, maybe she was never there at all.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2024, 03:44:09 am »

Sounds like we need to find a maintenance room in the sewers to use as our base.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2024, 07:11:31 pm »

Sounds like we need to find a maintenance room in the sewers to use as our base.
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2024, 03:03:24 pm »

+1

You explore the sewers more heading deeper down in to older tunnels, on finding maintenance room that it looks unuse used from the dust build up, you decide to make it your base, some where to call home not just a condor to sleep in.

It takes you most of the day carrying rags and cardbord down from the upper sewer, to build a small bed in the room.
But with the work done you lie down to sleep  and consider tomorrow.

( Evolve an adaption?
hunt something? )

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2024, 01:10:33 am »

Lets evolve a better sense of smell from the rat bits.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2024, 02:36:20 pm »

More birds is always good.  Becoming a city-destroying Roc would be fun.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2024, 07:14:51 pm »

Acid spitting gland would be useful.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6