Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35389 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #885 on: January 15, 2024, 05:38:31 pm »

They were really suspicious of me at first but after I said that I win with humans but am not one, they stated they also win with humans.

Wow, your private chat is surely going to be a delight to read when game is over.

Was anything God-confirmed for you guys in that private chat at all?
The title of the chat confirms we are teammates. I also saw sofanthiel's role pm and n1 pm. I do know what action sofanthiel took n2 but I don't know the result.

CM, how does this:

are you choosing not to answer my question about the name of your shared chat?
As meta as it is, God did not explicitly forbid the act, hence: sn1-greys

cause you to say:

The title of the chat confirms we are teammates.
God said the title of the chat confirms we're a team
she/her

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 15, 2024, 05:42:10 pm »

Right.

Esteemed CrystalizedMire/sofanthiel

So when you say it only protects town, what does that mean? If you tried to protect non-town it would be unsuccessful?

‘cause, see, I have a protect that has drawbacks - it blocks the target and I die if targeted by something mundane, or if the target performs a mundane kill - so if your protect also works as a pseudo-inspect, I would expect some pretty heavy drawbacks to balance that out.

Those of you left alive wake up to another quiet day in the village. Strangely, that includes webadict, who shows up like nothing happened.
Sadly, it does not include Quarque, who lies dead in the street, completely bloodless. As Quarque was the town parson, in charge of protecting you all from the kinds of things that drain people of blood, this is particularly unfortunate. For some of you.

Quarque was:
Parson
Win Condition: You win when all threats to humanity are dead and at least one human is still alive.

(Night) Sanctuary (target): You jailkeep your target, protecting against spiritual threats. If your target would die by mundane means, you die instead. If your target attempted to perform a kill action, you find out; if the kill is one against which this action would not protect, you die.
(Night) Extreme Unction (target): Target a corpse; your target cannot be revived by the actions of others. If your target possesses a natural revival ability, that ability is unaffected.
(1-shot, Night) Silver Bullet (target): You kill your target. Certain beings are vulnerable to silver bullets.

The deacon is nowhere to be seen, but you all feel confident that you will be called upon to make another choice. You have 48 hours, until 5 PM (1700) on January 12, Eastern Standard Time.

Oh yeah, TricMagic is nowhere to be seen either, I totally forgot that on purpose—
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 15, 2024, 05:44:46 pm »

Well congratulations, the only one with a kill tonight is Hector, and they also had a protect. The main difference is it has a major downside. What's the downside here?

But, who do 'we' want to kill tonight?

qua's gonna kill anyone qua thinks best, if they do decide to do that.

Who must die so bad tonight that we must kill them tonight or else?  I'm so happy if Jack is elim today.

Who else must absolutely must die N3?

I get fear of CM's abduction.

Supposedly CM dies tonight from Jack's already made action.

Maybe CM gets an abduct off first.  Even if someone could have use a second kill action on CM tonight, or does anyway.

Supposedly, maybe sof gets control over abduct/return then, maybe.

It's like a 1-shot kill.  They can switch who they have.  It doesn't seem 'omg town stops this now or else!!!!!!!!' to me.

nqt doesn't seem 'better stop him or else' from a town perspective.

I don't think I'm a 'town needs me dead' person, from an outside myself/town-but-not-me view.

TM, if I had a night kill, you tempt me because you cannot be voted out and you scare me, but less as you keep playing.

Web, if web comes back, we gotta figure that out.  But I wouldn't target web tonight, and probably nobody could even if they had a kill, even if web's on the way back.

Killing sof tonight seems a sure-fire way to ensure that the new abduct target, whomever CM takes TONIGHT, is never comin' back, cause if that poison takes down CM, and sof goes down, by someone, and CM probably does get to act first.

I have a lot of questions about Qua, but it's not clear to me that we gotta night-remove qua either.

So, who do you think we must kill tonight, and dang it all to heck, now we can't?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 15, 2024, 05:46:00 pm »

Max:

1. Do colours point to alignments.
Colours correspond to natures!
2. What alignments are there
I wonder!
3. Is there definitely a mafia team in Supernormal Mafia
I wonder!!
4. Have you lied at all in your answers
I don't remember ever doing so.
5. How many anti-villager players are there?
I wonder!!!
6. Can any player perform two actions in one phase?
I wonder!!!!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 15, 2024, 05:48:21 pm »

Right.

Esteemed CrystalizedMire/sofanthiel

So when you say it only protects town, what does that mean? If you tried to protect non-town it would be unsuccessful?

‘cause, see, I have a protect that has drawbacks - it blocks the target and I die if targeted by something mundane, or if the target performs a mundane kill - so if your protect also works as a pseudo-inspect, I would expect some pretty heavy drawbacks to balance that out.

Those of you left alive wake up to another quiet day in the village. Strangely, that includes webadict, who shows up like nothing happened.
Sadly, it does not include Quarque, who lies dead in the street, completely bloodless. As Quarque was the town parson, in charge of protecting you all from the kinds of things that drain people of blood, this is particularly unfortunate. For some of you.

Quarque was:
Parson
Win Condition: You win when all threats to humanity are dead and at least one human is still alive.

(Night) Sanctuary (target): You jailkeep your target, protecting against spiritual threats. If your target would die by mundane means, you die instead. If your target attempted to perform a kill action, you find out; if the kill is one against which this action would not protect, you die.
(Night) Extreme Unction (target): Target a corpse; your target cannot be revived by the actions of others. If your target possesses a natural revival ability, that ability is unaffected.
(1-shot, Night) Silver Bullet (target): You kill your target. Certain beings are vulnerable to silver bullets.

The deacon is nowhere to be seen, but you all feel confident that you will be called upon to make another choice. You have 48 hours, until 5 PM (1700) on January 12, Eastern Standard Time.

Oh yeah, TricMagic is nowhere to be seen either, I totally forgot that on purpose—

Nobody's asking me.

And Qua straight out ignored my conditionals on 'maybe I can cure someone of poison' to 'Imp can fix poison'.

Qua, if you were listening, my role's as convoluted as that parson role there, with all kinds of iffy-uhh, what the heck-but if-so, you mean- kinda mess.

I proved that with my careful discussion about the 'so, tell me everything about you so I or someone else can decide if they can help you with this poison situation'

I got stuff that looks like Qua.

I'm not even slightly surprised by sof's claims that sof has specifics/limits/issues with their abilities either.  Seems pretty pro-town to me.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 15, 2024, 05:50:20 pm »

And I actually dislike the dig at what those conditions are, for sof.

See, that's not pro-town to ask.

That parson role there, if you have it, I'd love if we could claim how your protect could kill you, while revealing everything about the ways possible attackers could attack, so you could decide what the heck to do better.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 15, 2024, 05:50:57 pm »

EBWOP

I'd love if we could claim = I'd love if we could hide

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 15, 2024, 05:51:50 pm »

If you tried to protect non-town it would be unsuccessful?
Correction: my action is considered "successful" if there was no interference.  Make of that what you will.  Of note, though, is that my flavor suggests that nqt is not an ordinary human.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 15, 2024, 05:55:26 pm »

If you tried to protect non-town it would be unsuccessful?
Correction: my action is considered "successful" if there was no interference.  Make of that what you will.  Of note, though, is that my flavor suggests that nqt is not an ordinary human.

Web might be worth protecting N4.

I'm not sure what alignment a dragonkin/dragoon knight might be.

I'm staying in muddy water, for very good reasons.

I repeat, there are squishier targets at me.  The alien protect has a better target than me, and as a tracker, I'm not ideally a sanctuary target either.  However, if I am sanctuary targeted, I have no action that could kill Qua.  But I could be the target of a action that could kill Qua.

And maybe I can handle it or maybe I can't.  But there are squishier townies, no matter if you think I am town or not.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 15, 2024, 05:59:16 pm »

it's been almost the 40 minutes.  Good luck everyone.  EuchreJack.
Of note, day ends in 40 minutes. Cause Votes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 15, 2024, 06:00:27 pm »

[STOP.

Hammer time.]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 07:35:32 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 end.
« Reply #896 on: January 15, 2024, 07:23:43 pm »

During the early hours of the day, notquitethere makes a startling accusation against EuchreJack, and the shouting and finger-pointing continues nearly till dusk. By the time the deacon's ox-cart finally brings him and his lackeys back to the village, though, almost all of the survivors have concluded that EuchreJack must be the evil they've been told to find, and EuchreJack himself seems happy to admit it. sofanthiel runs up to the deacon and tries to demand he take EuchreJack right then and there, but TricMagic pulls rank and insists on a little more time to discuss; but the conversation mostly goes nowhere until Imp finally intervenes, personally tying Jack's hands and throwing Tric a death glare while the deacon evaluates the situation.

After taking a long look at EuchreJack, the deacon walks back and confers quietly with the King's hangmen. Then he selects certain implements from the ox-cart and sets to work. EuchreJack is hustled up to the gallows, where one of the hangmen pours a circle of salt around his feet from a sack, while the other fits a noose of goat-hair rope around his neck. Finally, the deacon himself takes a silver stamp with a strange symbol, dips it into the salt-sack, and stamps it onto EuchreJack's forehead, where it seems to burn a glaring red welt; then, with a nod from the deacon, Jack is hoisted up, clutches at the rope around his throat, seems to make a silent strangled squawk, and —

somehow shucks his own entire skin in a cloud of grey feathers, sliding down from the gallows and landing on the ground below red and raw and steaming and looking rather plucked, but apparently unharmed. The skin left behind in the noose shrivels and smokes, crumbling away in the sunlight. The deacon sighs softly and walks back toward his ox-cart; when Imp tries to stop him in confusion, he just says, "Only one death per day. King's charter. I'll come back tomorrow.", shakes off the crowd, and leaves.
It is now night. You have 24 hours, starting from 8:00 PM (2000) Eastern Standard Time, to send in your actions.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Fourth Dawn
« Reply #897 on: January 16, 2024, 08:59:05 pm »

Day breaks like a priceless vase smashing into the floor of the sky, leaving shattered glass in the corners of the morning for the unwary to step on weeks later, and it is once again time to see who is right, and who is dead. In the latter category we have a new but hotly anticipated contestant, CrystalizedMire, lying in a smoking crater as if somehow smashed through the floor of the sky itself to the earth below. With the fresh eyes of a new dawn, those spindly limbs and huge, empty black eyes aren't fooling anyone. This creature never belonged here. But it never meant to hurt you, either. We all do things we don't mean sometimes.

CrystalizedMire was:
Grey
Win Condition: You win if the humans win and your team has abducted at least one interesting specimen.

(1-shot [used], Night) Abduct (target): You remove your target from the game. All other actions which would hit your target fail.
(Night) Throw Back: If you have abducted another player, you return the abducted player to the game and gain a shot of Abduct (which can be used the same Night). Otherwise, nothing happens.

webadict is back among you this morning, while EuchreJack looks to have skipped town after yesterday's fiasco, because nobody seems to know where to find him. The leaves are dry in the dead air and you all know that time is running out.

You have another 48 hours, till 9:00 PM (2100) Thursday, January 18, Eastern Standard Time.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 09:12:52 pm by Maximum Spin »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 4
« Reply #898 on: January 16, 2024, 09:00:17 pm »

Reporting results first this time.

Jack targeted NQT last night.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 4
« Reply #899 on: January 16, 2024, 09:01:43 pm »

My results stop suddenly, consistent, I presume, with sudden abduction.

That's pretty much all I can report.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 76