Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35764 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #825 on: January 15, 2024, 02:20:04 pm »

To be clear, I’m frustrated at my inability to get a point across, and that’s a my fault, not your’s.

Okay.  Maybe take a break?  If the point is important, maybe come back to it when you feel calm, and tell me exactly what you want of me, and why you think it's in my wincon to do this action.

I have attempted to establish that if I am sure that a person says X and you say the person says Y, that is going to blow my mind in a way that will not convince me to cooperate with you.

If you really need to make me think a person says Y - even if I'm the person you need me to think actually said Y, you need to take 'what is factual' and explain why that really means Y not X.

And that's a hard thing to do.  God while in game right now might have trouble getting that from me, and I'm inclined to believe and cooperate with God while in this game right now.

I recommend instead, because you're not God to me:

You figure out what you want from me.  You tell me.  And you help me see why that supports my wincon.

You don't know what my wincon is?  Fine.  Help me see why that supports town winning, I'm aOK with that.

You need/want a vote from me?  That's your path.  You need/want something else?  That's your path.

You want the day hammered before sof has non-weekended time adequate to come back and talk? That's your path.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 15, 2024, 02:20:11 pm »

There could have been a sanctuary death but that doesn't solve any questions as there would still be a killer missing in the equation.

Also my n1 block ability is not the first night power listed.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 15, 2024, 02:28:54 pm »

My track is my first usable, condition-met ability listed.

I'm not willing to take that as a definitive, 'person is town or not; or able to win with town or threat to humanity or not' based on that.

If God says not to put too much on flavor, and ...

Oh yeah, about roleflips and God, I had forgotten this:

Hey Max, are roleflips guaranteed to have been accurate at the time of flip?
Well, "accurate" is a complicated concept, but it'll definitely be the most recent role the player was given.

So I lean towards, "TM, why are you making this... did you even check with God before you tried to fakeclaim something?  Wait, why am I advising possible scum how to play more believably?"  smh

But but... I was discussing... Yeah.  I think we should ask God about how God would select the abilities we used N1, before we presume or assume that we know order is meaningful in some way.

Don't read that much into flavor. I can do what I want.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 15, 2024, 02:33:22 pm »

To be clear, I’m frustrated at my inability to get a point across, and that’s a my fault, not your’s.

Okay.  Maybe take a break?  If the point is important, maybe come back to it when you feel calm, and tell me exactly what you want of me, and why you think it's in my wincon to do this action.

I have attempted to establish that if I am sure that a person says X and you say the person says Y, that is going to blow my mind in a way that will not convince me to cooperate with you.

If you really need to make me think a person says Y - even if I'm the person you need me to think actually said Y, you need to take 'what is factual' and explain why that really means Y not X.

And that's a hard thing to do.  God while in game right now might have trouble getting that from me, and I'm inclined to believe and cooperate with God while in this game right now.

I recommend instead, because you're not God to me:

You figure out what you want from me.  You tell me.  And you help me see why that supports my wincon.

You don't know what my wincon is?  Fine.  Help me see why that supports town winning, I'm aOK with that.

You need/want a vote from me?  That's your path.  You need/want something else?  That's your path.

You want the day hammered before sof has non-weekended time adequate to come back and talk? That's your path.

I’ve said everything that needs saying. I failed to convince people of the obvious, that’s nobody else’s problem but mine.

Sofanthiel had their opportunity to come in and clear things up, they chose to end the day instead. That says pretty much everything sofanthiel needs to say, don’t you think? Because you didn’t answer my questions about that.  Again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 15, 2024, 02:49:47 pm »

Sofanthiel had their opportunity to come in and clear things up, they chose to end the day instead. That says pretty much everything sofanthiel needs to say, don’t you think? Because you didn’t answer my questions about that.  Again.

Sof failed to end the day.  Doesn't look like we're, this time, helping sof end the day instead of answer, either.

I rarely love how sof plays, town or scum.

It's going to take some pretty mind-blowing stuff to get my eventual vote off of Jack, D3.

If sof wants to type, I want to read.  Heck, if Jack wants to type, I want to read.  Somebody's scum and communicating, let's see it.  Maybe some of us can make sense of something.  Most scum seem to choose to go silent, instead of risk revealing.  Maybe that's smart or not.

I'm glad to keep learning more about that.

If there's no better target then sof, let's destroy sof.

D3, Jack to me is a seriously great target.

D4, not sure, there's so much info to come before D4 happens.

TM wants a 'what then' plan from me right now.

Umm, I'm not an informed minority.  I don't need to make or have a plan to outwit the rest of the game.  I don't have all the answers, or even some of them yet, just my actions and results, God's help to understand answers to the questions I ask, and whatever the rest of you say.  My 'what then' involves a lot of listening, thinking, watching, checking, and deciding based on the ongoing information flow.  "What then" is a way more trick question, and scummy question, to my thinking than the stated trick question about my opinion of sof, which is actually a 100% valid question that may be asked of me or anyone at any time.

As I see it:

Real and terrifying chance that Jack, investigated and claimed threat to humanity, is also teamed with TM and qua, who need just one vote cooperating to end game.

Real chance, though seems unlikely, that CM and sof are a threat to humanity team.  Even if they are, Jack's still an investigated and self-claimed threat to humanity.

That's 5 of the players in play.  Could nqt be threat to humanity?  Sure.  I'm the 7th.  Web is technically in play, just not currently in play.

I'd love for TK and/or qua to be not threats to humanity.  But I'm so scared about Jack, it's kill Jack now now now n... err, at day end/hammertime... let's have sof talk or not first.  Also, maybe TK reveals enough to look less or more like scum to me.  Maybe qua reveals enough to look more or less like scum to me.  Maybe someone else affects my or other peoples' opinions about them this day.

Some of us were yelling about how quiet nqt was, that stopped, huh.  So, sof talks and some of us stop yelling about sof not talking, maybe.  Maybe we yell about what sof says instead.

It's gonna be mind-blowing to get my eventual vote off of Jack D3, I'm fairly sure of that.

Do you feel answered?  I felt like I already explained the above.

If you need a short clear answer:  No, I don't think what you wrote, because that became impossible for sof to do, so now sof does talk, or faces the consequences for not talking later.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 15, 2024, 02:58:55 pm »

Maximum Spin, would you lie in the roleflips?
I answered this somewhere already. All roleflips are definitely correct to the most recent roles the players have received, after accounting for any abilities that may modify them.

By the way, I'm using light mode too, but I can read it just fine.

(Hector)
Who?

God above, would being roleblocked and prevented from acting count as visiting another player?
Of course not. If you don't do anything, you don't visit anyone, so there would be no result.

Another question for god, would I see it if someone did a delayed kill during the day?
Questions about abilities can only be answered in private because I can neither confirm nor deny whether such an ability even exists, let alone whether you have one.

If Quarque used sanctuary
No judgement, but referring to yourself in the third person is kind of weird.

But but... I was discussing... Yeah.  I think we should ask God about how God would select the abilities we used N1, before we presume or assume that we know order is meaningful in some way.
Is that a question?

CrystalizedMire (0)
EuchreJack (4): notquitethere, CrystalizedMire, sofanthiel, Quarque
Imp (0)
notquitethere (0)
Quarque (0)
sofanthiel (0)

In the event of a tie, all teamed players will be lynched.

Day ends in about 29 hours, if I am not mistaken.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 15, 2024, 03:07:42 pm »

What possible town motivation could they have to quick hammer like that when they haven’t claimed what they did in the night or said what they think about the game so far?

I was urgently instructed to hammer, and, for the sake of not wasting everybody's time, I trusted the judgment of the player I'm allied with, similar to how I had to make a decision without Crystal's input yesterday.

Far as I'm concerned, sof may not have time to answer more.

Am I happy about this?  Heck no.

Do I accept this or handwave it away?  Heck no.

Am I patient about this?  Heck yes.

Also, if you want me to find and answer questions, it is **extremely more effective** to ask them directly and calmly.  Expressing anger towards me is adequate to make it harder for me to understand the rest of your attempted communication.

If you want what I think you want from me, it's hard to do.  TM actually managed it - convince me you are seconds from ending the game with my loss, or otherwise doing something horrible - that you have that power and are proving it - and then don't cause harm.  I am extremely convinced by 'Okay, that person could killed me and choses not to.  If I have to trust someone, that's a great pick who to trust.'  However, mafia's a crappy place to play games like that, it's not designed for it.

And TM maybe only did that with vote manip.  But it sure got my attention in a 'Okay, that was impressive but not actually evil' way.

Otherwise, if you're going to just yell at me like you have chosen to do, I recommend you do that in one post.

And then put questions you want me to answer in another, especially if you want them answered 'any time soon'.

Presume I might just not fully process what's said between, during, or after a lot of negative emotion, or it might take me longer.  I will read it.  I will understand it.  I'll include it in my scumhunting efforts.  But it might take me quite a while compared to any other method you wanna use.  NAI.  If you want answers, help yourself get them, or not.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 15, 2024, 03:10:04 pm »

Is that a question?

Greatest Power Here, no.  I was but suggesting that someone not myself might want to consider asking that question.  I think I already understand God's answer on that one, indirect and implicit as I think it was given when I asked remotely related questions earlier of You.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 15, 2024, 03:13:38 pm »

Can you speak about how you initially suspected CM when you were teamed together, and how that changed to trust them enough to hammer someone at their behest without you fully understanding the game state?
When I was first added to the chat, there was no information provided besides "you can share whatever you decide to with each other".  I assumed that this meant that some kind of night ability had put us in the same channel, as there was no other briefing present; however, after asking for clarification, Max has confirmed that we are, with definite certainty, allies.  This is the moment Crystal gained my complete trust.  Additionally, Crystal and I were tasked with the same ultimate goal and we've both been working towards it.  Think about it this way: what purpose does the containment of the unlynchable Tric, his subsequent freeing, and the capture of webadict for a Crystal+sofanthiel scum team serve?  If anything, town!web can do the least damage to the mafia because he lacks the ability to vote altogether, while a town!Tric (the release of whom appears to be a grave mistake and something I advocated against myself) can do the most damage to the mafia during the day.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 15, 2024, 03:14:37 pm »

I successfully defended nqt.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 15, 2024, 03:17:54 pm »

Also, sof's n1 action was self target analyze. Sorry if it wasn't clear
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 15, 2024, 03:18:11 pm »

Sof, what's the name of your chat?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 15, 2024, 03:19:25 pm »

Sof, what's your claim about yourself and n2?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 15, 2024, 03:20:47 pm »

I said that sofanthiel's n1 action was self target analyze, I aparently didn't clear the confusion at all. N2 action was protect nqt
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 15, 2024, 03:20:51 pm »

Also, sof's n1 action was self target analyze. Sorry if it wasn't clear

Sof, did you get to choose what you were doing N1?

CM, did you get to choose what you were doing N1?

When did your private chat come into existence?  Start of/end of what D#/N#?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 76