Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35718 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 1, start!
« Reply #810 on: January 15, 2024, 01:13:42 pm »

Replacement Quarque did not receive night action results. So..

Sanctuary was used on Sofantiel. Sofanthiel's kill was blocked. But Sanctuary killed Quarque anyway. Had the replacement learned of it, they'd know who was the killer. So, who revived them?

Webadict likely had a natural revive ability. The replacement doesn't actually have any memories which suggests that was Sof's action N2.

This may come across as me finding excuses, but it is a valid possibility. And having your blood sucked out is very physical.

Some of this has already been explored.

Re the blood loss thing, CM checked into that:

Also, Euchre Jack couldn't have done the kill because the kill was vampire flavoured and they're a banshee.
Don't read that much into flavor. I can do what I want.

Re how web came back:

Webadict: Do you still believe it was someone who revived and not the game?
Not sure, but I'm leaning towards no.  I assumed it was another person because when I saw the role flip, I assumed people got their roles at the end of the Day and that's how the actions worked.  Looking at the other claims, it appears that people didn't know what their Actions did, which makes it possible we all started as Vanilla Town.  I don't think anyone would think to target me in that case, which makes the existence of a Reincarnator possible.  It's possible that the execution caused it, but if that's the case, it may well have only happened because I was a Vanilla Town.  The last possibility I came up with is that my Role was some type of self-Reincarnator, and while Max said it was a possibility when I asked him, I didn't get any firm answers on if I was or wasn't.

Those are the only three possibilities I came up with.

The Qua-sof-target-for-sanctuary I tried so hard to explore D2:

We have a bloodless Qua body, a sof dream of 'bloodthirst'...

Can we rule this out?

Qua also targeted sof, and defaulted to using sanctuary on them.  This is a jailkeep, it roleblocks the target, sof.

nqt also targeted sof, and defaulted to using a physical kill on them.  This interacted with Qua's sanctuary, resulting in the death of Qua, the expected roleblock of sof from Qua, and a nqt staring at a DM with role and night flavor, a new day with death results and a roleflip they better account for, and a heck of a lot of adrenaline.

So we get nqt saying 'maybe I roleblocked sof'.  And we don't know much about sof or if sof might get info from abilities, even autos.  But we have a sof that's really focused and concerned.

Can we rule this out?

Qua also targeted sof, and defaulted to using sanctuary on them.  This is a jailkeep, it roleblocks the target, sof.

sof targeted anyone, and defaulted to using a physical kill on them.  This triggered the 'kill Qua' side of Qua's ability, and now sof's looking for someone else to pin that on.  Conveniently, nqt spoke up about maybe roleblocking sof, so sof can use that, and the dream about their own bloodthirst or something made up is all smoke and mirrors.

I'll ask God how my track would show if this happened, maybe I can help rule that out.  But I think this is a lot less likely than nqt having taken an inadvertent kill action, because sof's on the offensive, not defensive, and seems to be chasing specific info.  Sof knows their role and abilities, and I think I see town behavior in sof.

Nobody present D2, and to your credit, TM, you were not - but nobody was willing to even peek at this idea.

How about you, web?

Same questioon, What's your impression of the nqt-sof interaction, and how do you evaluate the chance that Qua may have targeted sof and ended up using sanctuary, and that may be involved in the death and subsequent weirdness?

As uncertain as I feel about nqt's intentions, he couldn't've been the one to kill Quarque tonight.  Was it excessive to put so much focus on a line of flavor text?  I am out of the tunnel now, my vision is clear, and we have bigger fish to pressure-cook.  Like Fallacy, for example!

Do you think Qua's sanctuary had nothing to do with Qua's death?

The problem with that is that I think NQT is town. In fact, he's my highest townpick.

I'd rather get executed myself than have NQT die. Since I'm vanilla town, his role is almost certainly more valuable. I'm sacrificial.

Then you can maybe help future days by exploring that idea I asked about, your thoughts about the whole nqt/sof thing and what do you think about the ways Qua may have used that sanctuary power, and the fact of Qua's death.

And just generally for everyone, do I seem off base to think the bolded, italics, underlined stuff may be related to Qua's death?

Parson

(Night) Sanctuary (target): You jailkeep your target, protecting against spiritual threats. If your target would die by mundane means, you die instead. If your target attempted to perform a kill action, you find out; if the kill is one against which this action would not protect, you die.

Nobody in the game was willing to talk about this at all.

Welcome back, TM.  My emotional side wants to ask you to yell at them for me for blanket ignoring that, because I'm not good at yelling and you have a dragon's roar.

However, please chase this if **you** think it's worth chasing.

I sure tried.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #811 on: January 15, 2024, 01:19:28 pm »

sofanthiel isn’t coming back to talk.

let's let sof prove that.

Sof said even as they inned that weekends were an issue for that player, and that part of why they were inning was because the mod (not to me at that time God) said that weekends were not going to be part of day or night length.  Sof indicated that this was needed for sof, and part of why sof was in.

That's all I need.  I've already discussed this in thread with quotes.  You're still hung up on it.  it's on the first page of the thread.  You can check this out.

I appreciate your vote on Jack.  I'll join you there unless something absolutely mindblowing happens, but for me it's not even noon on Monday.  Despite the weekend, based on the mod's OP, the weekend doesn't count.  To my thinking, D3 just started, all our talk earlier was bonus time, and I'm not ready to throw sof away as not-participating yet, and I really detest the idea that anyone would suggest we do.

Now, sof wastes a lot of Monday and Tuesday, well, then we perhaps launch sof if we don't have a better target.

I'm not happy with sof.  That deserves an underline.  But to me, the weekend's free, and doesn't count against sof in any way.  And the week barely started, so I'm still cool, on that level.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 15, 2024, 01:23:30 pm »

Main issue on my perspective is thus. Crystal/Sof are a scum team. We lynch Jack, I get yeeted, webadict comes back, and the revival shenanigans are afoot. Lynch Crytal, Sof gets the power of their dead teammate, it gets even worse. Like, does Sof get multi-action if that happens?

This probably doesn't help, but my N1 action ended up being investigating webadict to see if they killed anyone. Which is a really dumb random action given it's start of night, but. Another question for god, would I see it if someone did a delayed kill during the day?

Unvote. Would want answers from god on these questions before day ends at least.

... I see a Sof quote that wants to cook Fallacy. Sofanthiel, can you give an explanation on your thought process there? And maybe answer the other questions asked?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 15, 2024, 01:25:18 pm »

What are you chatting about “still hung up on it”? I was waiting for sofanthiel to come back and clear things up, instead they try to end the day. I don’t think I ever once complained about their absence before now.

You have the audacity to say I’m the one not reading things properly.

Do you really think sofanthiel is going to come back after trying to hammer like that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 15, 2024, 01:31:40 pm »

You have the audacity to say I’m the one not reading things properly.

Yeah, you whatever the heck you are, I still am saying that.  Wow you vibe me so absolutely wrong I could swear about it.

I don't know what's wrong with either you, or me, or both of us, but one of us cannot understand the other and while I still appreciate your vote on Jack, you look absolutely off the charts not reading right thinking right or right at all to me.

I'm glad I'm not a vig, how hard you're hitting my 'this vibe is wrong' feels.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 15, 2024, 01:45:09 pm »

Imp, one thing to look at is that Hector is tired of the day. They waited it through, participated, and then Sof jut tries to end it early. So they've given up on them actually participating.

Or could be reading things wrong. I myself don't expect Sof back, sort of hoping I'm wrong, and giving them the chance as I wait for God to answer.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 15, 2024, 01:47:09 pm »

What are you chatting about “still hung up on it”?

I've already discussed this in thread with quotes.  You're still hung up on it.  it's on the first page of the thread.  You can check this out.

My issue is you're apparently not reading/thinking/something else is coming between you and the reality that people are posting in the thread.

This concern was already discussed over the weekend.  It's already 'resolved' and 'explained' to my understanding.

You don't even reference that and indicate why you don't feel that resolves anything.

You appear completely unaware of it.  You're bringing up a 'already discussed and understood thing' as if you have no awareness it was already discussed.

To me that is "still hung up on it" because this is already discussed, and you're oblivious.

I don't get it.  How do we talk to or reason with someone who doesn't appear to read or understand, aka you apparently to me.

Or, as I already said:

Qua, you aren't reading well at all, which is why you're on my anti-town list.

Qua, you're not reading, so conversation with you seems unproductive.  Hopefully there's more interesting and useful information from you later, perhaps another day.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 15, 2024, 01:49:40 pm »

Imp, one thing to look at is that Hector is tired of the day. They waited it through, participated, and then Sof jut tries to end it early. So they've given up on them actually participating.

Or could be reading things wrong. I myself don't expect Sof back, sort of hoping I'm wrong, and giving them the chance as I wait for God to answer.

Yep, got it.  I was pretty much there before you did your doublevote magic and wowed me like a dragon spreading wings and roaring 'listen to me.  Also notice, I didn't just kill you or anyone.'

That's a decently effective tactic to take on me.

Now, you maybe wanna discuss your ideas/my ideas of that whole how sanctuary may-or-does play into this mess?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 15, 2024, 02:05:52 pm »

My main thought is Sanctuary is the first skill listed, so. A question to everyone, was the first Ability in your list the one used N1, excluding Autos or abilities that did not meet the needed condition? If the answer is yes, we know that Sanctuary was likely used N1.

My order is Justice(Night Kill), Eye(Night Start Verify), Voice(Day Vote), and Bloodline(Auto Unlynchable). Add Draconic as needed. As mine would target either myself or webadict, it defaulted to webadict. Cause you can't kill the dead, but can go through their house apparently.

Gonna ask if a lynch counts as a kill though.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 15, 2024, 02:07:58 pm »

This probably doesn't help, but my N1 action ended up being investigating webadict to see if they killed anyone. Which is a really dumb random action given it's start of night, but. Another question for god, would I see it if someone did a delayed kill during the day?

Okay.  So you're maybe part of finding out of roleflips are real.  That's great.

Web was dead when you did that.  There's other dead people, like Fal.  Maybe you can uncover if Fal actually did kill someone, which if you get a yes is surely going to maximally spin your mind, regardless of what you share with the rest of us.  For all I know you have better uses of your abilities, and I understand, your action N3 is your D3 double vote.

But I look back at you saying this:

I don't particularly want to give that info out. Just know it's start of night and either targets me or the dead. Keep scum guessing. As I understnad it kidnapping would probably.. Does it block stuff Crystalized?

That confuses me terribly.  See, I got results for my N1 action.  And CM already said that God said that abduction happens after the target's action but before other actions can happen on the target - so that's a lie or your action happened.

Maybe you have an action that doesn't see results.  Maybe your action brought web back.  Maybe your action targets you or a corpse and reveals 'if' a kill were done by either, which is WEIRD if it is designed to let you know if you did a kill, but hey, God is Great and I am not about to say 'I don't think God could do that in God's own game'.  And I haven't thought of how to word it to ask God if God would make such a power in one of his games.

Those questions can be tricky, because God's explained that he doesn't want me confused about my own role or my own results, but he wants others to be able to lie even if it's pointless, and he may want us all even maximum spun about everyone but ourselves.  So, I'm thinking before I even try to jump into that tangle of questions, because God's already interpreted one of my questions as if I was asking if God would be willing to assist me in dying faster than I otherwise would, when I asked a question that I did not expect that answer for.

Maybe someone else wants to dig into that tangle, but my, uh, motivation for some kinds of questions kinda died.

Back to you, TM.  I think it's weird that you would choose to hide that result, early D3, then reveal it later D3, when not under pressure, and that you still haven't told us the most interesting part, what your result was.  Because I do expect you'd get a result, even abducted.  What's going on, TM?

The main issue with Night 1 is that someone was lying. It wasn't Fallacy, so who remains? Whats the action lists for Night 1 and Night 2 side by side? A kill was performed, and right now I'm the only one who could have done it, which I didn't.

Actually... given you claim you can investigate a corpse and see if they killed, I'm surprised that doesn't make you wonder if there's a chance Fal lied and Fal's roleflip lied, since there's some discussion of if roleflips are real, and your ability may tie into solving -that- mess.  Presuming you're not anti-town, and are honest, and all the rest.

A qesution to you Imp, something to think on. What's your opinion on Sofanthiel? (Yes I'm aware this is a trick question, I like those. It's still worth thinking on since you've had some interaction previous days.)

Also, TM.  I'm really confused.  Asking me my opinion of anyone seems a fair question.  I don't see the trick.  You clearly do, and clearly want to reference it.  Would you please explain the trick to me?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 15, 2024, 02:09:10 pm »

jfc I WAS TRYING TO IMPLY I WAS GOING TO SANCTUARY EJ N3 FFS THAT’S WHY I SAID I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU DO IN THE NIGHT BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO DEAL WITH IT.

Is that clear enough for you? Doesn’t matter now he’s getting lynched.

You’re so caught up on the BS of me “trying to increase risks others take” that you can’t see the blatant scumminess from sofanthiel and CM. It’s a bastard game but you seem to think you can solve the game in the night? Come on.

NQT has an inspect on EJ that EJ confirmed

Tric is Tric, but gave up up his night action for the day, can’t see bad in that.

EJ, CM, and sofanthiel are just trying to get to N3, they’re all scum.

You are my only hope to sway to my side and I have completely and utterly failed.

If you want my two pennies on N1 kill, it was Tric, EJ. sofanthiel, Imp, or NQT. If Quarque used sanctuary, it was NQT, Imp or sofanthiel because I don’t die if supernatural stuff is the action, and EJ and Tric have claimed supernatural type things, but I don’t know that.

PPE:

Correct.

PPE2: jfc Imp you’re the one who is hung up on this sofanthiel weekend thing. I know they said weekends don’t work that’s why I was waiting for them to come in and contribute.

Do you think they came back and said they were reading things before trying to hammer minutes later is because they can’t be here on weekends? I don’t, I think it’s because they’re scum. I don’t understand where this “hang up” thing is coming from, but it is so obviously not the case that I’m beginning to wonder if you’re doing it deliberately.

I asked if you think they’re going to come back after that, you refused to answer, or got distracted by your impression that I’m deliberately misreading things, so I’ll ask another instead:

What possible town motivation could they have to quick hammer like that when they haven’t claimed what they did in the night or said what they think about the game so far?

CM said they were waiting for sofanthiel to come back to at least claim what they did N2, but is simultaneously telling sofanthiel to quickhammer in their private chat? What does that tell you?

The other hang up you have is about what I think seems to be you thinking I’m trying to control the night by making other people do things? Hopefully I cleared that up above. You seem to have got caught up in me “misreading” something which has completely coloured your perception of me when I just suck at communicating with subtlety.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 15, 2024, 02:11:45 pm »

I don't particularly want to give that info out. Just know it's start of night and either targets me or the dead. Keep scum guessing. As I understnad it kidnapping would probably.. Does it block stuff Crystalized?

But this part really, tremendously bugs me, because it sounds like you are faking a result, and realize, whoops... wait.  Since I was abducted, would I be roleblocked, or would I have results?  Oh snap, what do I do, what do I say?  I gotta get that info first....

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 15, 2024, 02:14:14 pm »

To be clear, I’m frustrated at my inability to get a point across, and that’s a my fault, not your’s.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 15, 2024, 02:16:27 pm »

Imp, the trick is there is no opinion you could have made on Sof based on today. (When I posted that.) Your opinion would be determined by his actions during the past days.

As for not giving it out, well. Mafia has to wonder if it's a dragonscale situation(in that I kill people who try and kill me), or if I can investigate to find out if they're the killer. (And so have to kill me.) The actual result is webadict hadn't killed anyone at start of night. Which, they're dead, so... (This could just be a fakeclaim if you drink the wine.)

If I was around N2, could have investigated Fallacy yeah. Though also wondering if I can see if Sanctuary counts as a self-kill.

Ninja. As stated, it's an action that's at start of night, so would go through before anything else. Including kills, so wouldn't see if someone made a kill that night.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 15, 2024, 02:17:39 pm »

Just to note, I'm gonna go offline to play Age of Zodiac for a few hours. See you tonight. (On my side.)
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 76