Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35825 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #780 on: January 14, 2024, 10:57:33 pm »

K, well, play to your wincon then.  I am.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 15, 2024, 12:43:57 am »

Sofa and I are the same alignment so we win together.

Hey, pretty sure this conflicts with something you've said earlier, however haven't tried to dig through and find the relevant stuff yet.

Please elaborate, including explain how you suspect, believe, or know this, and how sure you are that you are right.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 15, 2024, 05:02:42 am »

Euchrejack, I admire your tenacity in trying to stay alive here. I haven't posted much because it was my birthday weekend. But also because I was happy for the day to end: I've found the person I want to eliminate. There's not much more to it. Ordinarily I'd be second-guessing and looking for alternative solutions, but I have dodgy claim D1, an inspect result, and a confession. What more reason do people want? I was hoping players would stop waffling and hammer while I was asleep. Now I have to read a load of pages of chaff.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 15, 2024, 07:19:12 am »

Euchrejack, I admire your tenacity in trying to stay alive here. I haven't posted much because it was my birthday weekend. But also because I was happy for the day to end: I've found the person I want to eliminate. There's not much more to it. Ordinarily I'd be second-guessing and looking for alternative solutions, but I have dodgy claim D1, an inspect result, and a confession. What more reason do people want? I was hoping players would stop waffling and hammer while I was asleep. Now I have to read a load of pages of chaff.
Well, at least I know your vote not changing is intentional, rather than laziness. I appreciate that, I really do.
How about your Fallacy vote? Was that intentional? Those around tomorrow deserve to know.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 15, 2024, 07:50:25 am »

I intentionally tried to have Fallacy eliminated, yes. Because I believed that he had lied about his claim and his actions. He claimed to have done nothing and then claimed he would do nothing. Maybe he did that because he thought he had the best role around and was trying to live long enough to use it, maybe he was telling the truth and was being over-cautious about using his powers. I still highly question his flip. He's everything I am and more!

FallacyofUrist was:
Superhero
Win Condition: You win when all threats to humanity are dead and at least one human is still alive.

(Auto) Bulletproof: You're very hard to kill, as long as there are no pieces of your home planet around or anything like that.
(Night) Protector of the Innocent (target): You protect your target. If your target is targeted by a kill action that could kill you, you die.
(Night) X-ray Vision (target): You learn your target's nature.
(Night) Lasso of Truth (target): You roleblock your target.

Now this is a bizarre and bastardy setup. Maybe the flip is a lie. Maybe it's the truth, and Max overstuff the town because the scum are so OP. I'm not inclined to worry too much, because I fundamentally don't trust the setup. I don't want to get fixated on a definite theory about it, because for all I know, Max is making it up as he goes.

I use light mode and so I hate using cyan text, I can't read it. Nevertheless:

Maximum Spin, would you lie in the roleflips?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 15, 2024, 10:46:02 am »

NQTNQT, as I am againtst a Jack Lynch, and Sof/Crystal lynch not happening, I'll put pressure on you. You've let your vote hang the entire day. You only made 1 vote yesterday. I wonder what a votetracker or activitytracker would say about you.

You can agree that Jack gives little info to town right? As an outted SK, they are in quaque's sights tonight. Jack's motives can be trusted, they're an SK who will do their best to win. If we lynch mafia, that likely means targeting town. If we lynch town, that means targeting mafia. I'd rather get some info out of a lynch. But voting out all lurkers works too. Sof is the worst, you're secondbest. Also check back a few pages, see Sof attempt a hammer.

7 people alive, current votes are 8, making hammer require 5 votes rather than 4. Which prevents an early day end.

Jack
Ooo. Why the vote Sof?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 15, 2024, 10:53:52 am »

... Protect weirdly blue colored mafia, lynch town, TM?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 15, 2024, 10:55:25 am »

Note, I dunno that nqt=town.

I do strongly believe Jack /= town.

TM is looking towards Jack like CM is looking towards sof.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 15, 2024, 10:58:36 am »

You can agree that Jack gives little info to town right?

Nah, I already answered my ideas of that.

You repeating what I quote from you just makes me feel like whatever, whyever, you don't feel you need to read or discuss my ideas.

Maybe you don't, but that's not how you change my mind.

Then again, maybe you don't need to change my mind.

But others might actually read my ideas, so hey, they're out there.  Maybe someone can help me understand why my thinking is wrong, or why yours is.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 15, 2024, 11:12:47 am »

I'm worried that there is a chance that we face a team of Jack, TM, and Qua, who could have a wincon of equal or outnumber other players.

In that case, keeping those three alive is of great use to them, and only Jack is reasonably on the chopping block - and there's the chopping block.

Nothing I've seen in play from TM, Qua, or Jack makes me think that team is unlikely.  So it's super hard for me to get off the Jack launch because if that team exists, that's the only thing keeping the game from ending today with that team's win.

That's really scary to me.  I don't know if that's true or not.  But if that was true, I think it explains pretty much everything I've seen in today's play from those three.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 15, 2024, 11:13:07 am »

NQTNQT, as I am againtst a Jack Lynch, and Sof/Crystal lynch not happening, I'll put pressure on you.
Who performed the kills? If it wasn't you, then it's EJ, right? How do we know there's even a mafia team here? I'm eliminating anti-town where I can see them. Why aren't you?

You've let your vote hang the entire day. You only made 1 vote yesterday. I wonder what a votetracker or activitytracker would say about you.
I literally just answered this. I've been busy, so I'm prioritising quality over quantity and not investing too much energy into a game that eludes sensemaking. These aren't random votes, these are cases.

You can agree that Jack gives little info to town right? As an outted SK, they are in quaque's sights tonight. Jack's motives can be trusted, they're an SK who will do their best to win. If we lynch mafia, that likely means targeting town. If we lynch town, that means targeting mafia. I'd rather get some info out of a lynch. But voting out all lurkers works too. Sof is the worst, you're secondbest. Also check back a few pages, see Sof attempt a hammer.
Why are you prolonging the day? We get info from eliminating an SK: we learn how much he was lying to us, and, if he was the only the anti-town faction, town would win the game.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 15, 2024, 11:23:09 am »

I'm up for prolong the day though.

I absolutely want answers from sof.  Deeply and strongly.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 15, 2024, 11:27:18 am »

In games I'm often on people's cases for making a half-ass vote and then sticking with it. That's often a solid scumtell. But I don't get on people's cases when they inspect someone as anti-town and then hold their vote on them. I need to get rid of threats to humanity; Euchrejack inspected as a threat, admitted he's a threat, has made his future plans clear that he'll continue to be a threat. Why the hell isn't everyone voting him?

I don't think Tricmagic is really this stupid, so either he's not thinking very clearly right now, or he is actually just scum.

Quarque (Hector) is a bit of an eyebrow raiser right now as well. He wants to eliminate CM, who was responsible for banishing Tric on N1, and so pretty demonstrably didn't kill Quarque.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 15, 2024, 11:28:55 am »

To imp, that was to NQT, which they answered.

To NQT, that type of thinking is scum-thinking. End the day, let sof get off with no posts whatsoever. Be no closer to figuring out their alignment. Do you actually think you survive the night? That tells me you're not afraid of the night kill at all, just investigate and lead town right?

NQT, if we had hammered Jack, Sof would have posted 0 times today. Do you see how horrible that is?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 15, 2024, 11:34:14 am »

Also, in case you missed it. Wait, no you didn't you just brush off the scummy hammer vote to focus on me and quarqe. That was not a towny move, and if it's sof trusting crystal, when crystal said there was some confusion early on in the day? You've got 2/5 votes on you, and now you're reacting...

I can't act tonight. Had I not used my Voice, Sof would have hammered and ended the day. And you're proposing we end the day with me having got nothing out of this time I earned? I want Sof to interact, speak, make their own descions and state their own ideas. Not just what Crystal tells them to parrot at us. You also ignore the possibility of doubleaction. (Though I can confirm it's not a mind control thing from Sof given I'm still immune to lynches. Don't be afraid to Red Vote me.)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 76