Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35574 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #765 on: January 14, 2024, 09:30:00 pm »

@Imp: Do you believe anything that I say, or should I not bother speaking with you?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 14, 2024, 09:36:26 pm »

@Imp: Do you believe anything that I say, or should I not bother speaking with you?

Hi.

I believe that you play to your wincon.

I'm aware I don't have certain knowledge of what nqt reports.  I'm using what you and everyone says, including asking God questions when I think of them (I might be up to 100 questions asked of God this game, I haven't been counting, but it is a really lot of them) to form my ideas and opinions.

As such, to my thinking everything you say matters.  I use it in my thinking and decisionmaking.  I believe it works towards your wincon to the best of your ability, and I know I don't know what much truth is.

Best answer I can give you.  I probably don't think in a way you are familiar with, 'very uncommon neuro-atypical' is probably a good classification for me.  To the point that I'm agnostic about nearly everything I don't consider directly proven, and a-trusting to the point that TM's use of the double vote and subsequent lack of hammering connected to that increases to some extent my trust of TM.

So I urge you, chase your wincon, best you can.  I don't think it's pointless for you to talk to me or us all.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 14, 2024, 10:05:22 pm »

@Imp: I am scumbuddies with Sofanthiel. We win when all other players are dead. But he was mean to me in the scumchat, so I'm squealing on him.
 ::)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 14, 2024, 10:06:50 pm »

1. I'm inclined not to believe Fallacy's flip. Superhero doesn't fit supernatural or paranormal particularly, right? He had all these powers and yet said he'd do nothing! It's probably lies, in fitting with the bastard mode we're playing.

2. I inspected EuchreJack and he is a Banshee. The role was coloured blue, which I take to mean 'serial killer', but who knows. What I do know is that it's a malevolent supernatural creature.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 14, 2024, 10:08:44 pm »

...and then NQT does nothing for the remainder of the day.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 14, 2024, 10:17:04 pm »

1. I'm inclined not to believe Fallacy's flip. Superhero doesn't fit supernatural or paranormal particularly, right? He had all these powers and yet said he'd do nothing! It's probably lies, in fitting with the bastard mode we're playing.

2. I inspected EuchreJack and he is a Banshee. The role was coloured blue, which I take to mean 'serial killer', but who knows. What I do know is that it's a malevolent supernatural creature.

Well, you've been active since.  What do you have to say about this, in addition to everything you've already said?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 14, 2024, 10:18:52 pm »

Because I have a very good idea what I would do if someone reported an investigation on me that said what your said.

I am not that role.  I have my own role, my own wincon, and mine does not match that.

But I have a pretty good idea what I would do if anyone reported that as a result on me.

And I would not have handled it like you have.

But, you're still alive in play.  This day isn't over.  So, if you choose to post more, great.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 14, 2024, 10:19:50 pm »

The Day 3 game of NotQuiteThere

Haha, are you really going to OMGUS me, Tric? This isn't baby's-first-mafia.

Happy birthday. As your birthday present, in the event of a tie, you will not be lynched.

I hope contributing to a mob homicide in effigy will be a fine birthday tradition for you.
Much obliged.
I cosign all this:
I will not allow sofanthiel to be eliminated. We'll probably get more done by voting off euchre Jack and nking Tricmagic. Also: I want reiterate, do not cure me imp, it hurts humanity more than it helps.
Also, my readslist:
Imp - town
NQT - also town
Quarque - null but if I had to guess, probably came back wrong
Euchre Jack - Literally admitted to being anti town and I doubt that the part of a town wincon is true. However, I do believe they couldn't have done the n1 murder
Tricmagic - obvscum and obviously lying about not lynchable so long as they no kill

(Sorry for radio silence, it's my birthday today!)
Before I read back, was it explained why EJ couldn't have done the kill N1?
By my voice NQT, answer me this. How many killers are in this game?

Which is it exactly? I was fully willing to put the screws to them right then.
I have no idea. Definitely at least one!
EJ, if there is a mafia (not guaranteed in a game this small with an SK), then who is it? Who performed the kills? Paint me a picture.

No trust in me is required, as these are all of the NotQuiteThere's posts for Day 3. Is he investigating anyone other than me?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 14, 2024, 10:23:38 pm »

Dude, it’s his birthday, the weekend, the day ends on his Wednesday morning, and you confirmed his inspect result.

What is it you want to try to convey here?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 14, 2024, 10:26:50 pm »

Is he investigating anyone other than me?

It's been 2 nights.  I tracked someone for 2 nights, because I was forced to track someone N1.  I chose to track someone N2.

nqt implied he may have been forced to roleblock N1.  Apparently, with no counterevidence, he chose to investigate you N2.  I'm not surprised he didn't get to choose what he did N1, because I didn't get to choose what I did N1.

But I'm not anti-town, and apparently you are.  Maybe you got to choose what you did N1 (and you claim you didn't target) as well as choose who to target.  Maybe you are surprised he didn't investigate twice because you are thinking 'it makes sense to choose what you do for 2 nights now'.  I dunno.

To me, with my role, I have a deep understanding as to why nqt might not have been able to do what he wanted to do N1.  But I expect he made a choice N2.  I lucked out, I would have chosen to track N1 if I had a choice.

So, the fact that nqt hasn't reported investigating anyone but you, is 'duh, how could he?  Would be God's choice/luck if he had done so N1' to me.

Now, a normal... not this specific supernormal game, with every single detail in play as is ...

In any other game I was in, I would be grilling nqt quite a lot by now.

Psst, this is not a normal game.  In a lot of ways.  I have sufficient motivation to do exactly what I am doing... my wincon is satisfied by doing what I am and by not doing what I think of that I could do that I am not doing.

I don't know what nqt is.  But I don't want anti-town to know what he is either at this point.  And, of course, he's not the only one I'm not even considering pushing at this moment.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 14, 2024, 10:37:00 pm »

Dude, it’s his birthday, the weekend, the day ends on his Wednesday morning, and you confirmed his inspect result.

What is it you want to try to convey here?
He was equally inactive on Day 2.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 14, 2024, 10:37:36 pm »

If NQT has just been around for Day 2, perhaps Fallacy would have lived. And I am quite bitter about that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 14, 2024, 10:46:47 pm »

NQT's entire post history for Day 2 (If I missed something, please feel free to correct me)
50/50 chance for resurrections to turn someone evil in Supernatural. Web is an unknown.

I acted on Sofa blindly. Learned my role in the morning. Turns out I probably roleblocked the whippersnapper. As such, it's unlikely Sofa performed the kill.
I acted on Sofa blindly.
Tell me, do you have any kill actions?
Are you saying you knew what your role did at the start of the game??
Sofanthiel/Imp, why are you rolefishing? One of the following is true:

A. I'm a town vigilante/hunter, now in the uncomfortable position of being vote pressured revealing my main power because someone (scum or town) feels they need my to reveal this info despite it helping scum with their night action prioritisation.

B. I'm a town player who doesn't have a kill but knows there might be a town player with a kill and me saying I don't have one makes it more likely the vig dies instead of me.

Perhaps Web or Fallacy would like to weigh in as to whether I'm being unreasonable here.

Concern yourself with the following facts:

1. I had no idea of what my role was at start of D1 other than being Vanilla Town.

2. I targeted Sofanthiel arbitrarily because we had to target someone.

3. At the start of D2, I learned my role and from the description of my night action surmised that I had used a roleblock on Sofanthiel

4. Sofanthiel surely knows whether he was blocked or not. Given Imp reports him not visiting someone's house, it appears I did in fact block him. So he knows I'm not the killer.
Anyway, now I'm more awake:

Quarque was:
Parson
Win Condition: You win when all threats to humanity are dead and at least one human is still alive.

(Night) Sanctuary (target): You jailkeep your target, protecting against spiritual threats. If your target would die by mundane means, you die instead. If your target attempted to perform a kill action, you find out; if the kill is one against which this action would not protect, you die.
(Night) Extreme Unction (target): Target a corpse; your target cannot be revived by the actions of others. If your target possesses a natural revival ability, that ability is unaffected.
(1-shot, Night) Silver Bullet (target): You kill your target. Certain beings are vulnerable to silver bullets.
There can be (and probably is) some misdirection but this all implies the following:

1. There are spiritual and non-spiritual threats. A spiritual threat would presumably be something like possession.
2. There are revives that a town player may want to prevent
3. There are werewolves or similarly silver-impacted entities.

EVERYONE

I propose we pick between EuchreJack and FallacyofUrist, as they have made two contradictory claims.

I think it is also fair to say that the role flip for everyone occurred at start of Day 2. 
While the only role anyone can claim is Vanilla Town, I think none of us still have that role. Except maybe webadict who didn't get his new role on account of being dead at the time.
In other news, I am vanilla town, and will not be taking any actions.

EJ is claiming he took no action and received a fresh role nevertheless. Fallacy is claiming he took no action and is still vanilla town.

Most likely explanation is Fallacy did receive a role, he's now a werewolf or vampire or whatever. I say this because his claim also contradict's Web's, if we take Web's "new vanilla town role" to mean a new role themed around being an ordinary town member (in the same way a 'Parson' is an ordinary town member):

Also, I did get a new Vanilla Town role when I was resurrected at the beginning of the Day.

But we can get confirmation of this. Web, do you now have an actual name. I'm not asking you to claim what it is, but do you have a name like "village idiot", "blacksmith", "mayor's wife" etc.

Assuming one action per night for now:
N1.
Accounted
webadict - dead
CrystalizedMire - banished tric
Imp - saw Sofa being blocked
sofanthiel - blocked
Quarque - Obviously didn't resurrect or kill anyone. Is dead.
notquitethere - blocked Sofa

Unaccounted
TricMagic - did something, was banished
FallacyofUrist - Claims no action
EuchreJack - Claims no action
Fallacy's whole reasoning here is bizarre, and dare I say, fallacious:

This is a game where we want to do interesting things and get information to solve the setup and progress any wincon we think we have. Not doing anything at night achieves neither of these goals.

I also don't buy EuchreJack doing 'nothing' either.

Are these bold forum mafia players I see before me? Or spineless slugs content to wallow in inaction?

Also I just realised what he's saying with this line...

even when the box is opened, you'd prefer not to touch any of the goodies inside, because they could just as easily be poison?
So is he saying his box was opened i.e. he has role? Because if so, claiming not to use his normal abilities is also bizarre.

Either:

1. EJ and Fallacy have contradictory claims and one of them (most likely Fal) is lying.
2. Fallacy did receive a role and is now claiming not to want to use it, giving himself an excuse for inaction on future nights

Whole thing smells rotten. Given that there is at least one tracker in a tiny 9 player game, one or both of EuchreJack and Fallacy may be untrackable and are relying on being tracked and falsely found not to do anything on future nights.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 14, 2024, 10:47:00 pm »

If NQT has just been around for Day 2, perhaps Fallacy would have lived. And I am quite bitter about that.

I care about Fal too.

Here's how I express it:

Fallacy could have claimed cop with no threat whatsoever. More bulletproof than a webadict meme.

Yeah, well.  My thoughts about that:

"Hey, Fal off in heaven, where all go when they are no longer alive.  Thank you for showing us that every vanilla townie is actually a superhero, whether they know it or not.  Thank you for playing the way you pleased, and being true to yourself and your values and goals.  It was great to play beside you, going to be wonderful to do so again next time too.  I hope you've loving every moment of this game, especially everything you do and every choice you make.  If not - fix it for next time.  You're great, wonderful, delightful, and I want you happy.  Explore this, okay?  Your own way, your own time."

There's a lot of factors in Fal's death.

I'm so looking forward, when it's time, to playing with FoU again, any role, any time, literally any game I'm willing to play that Fal would like to play as well.

Fal also appears to be town.  That is a tangle, because I am not anti-town, and apparently you are.

If you're trying to claim some post restriction... most of us are not understanding.  I am not understanding.  You gave me, knowingly or not, my greatest gift in this game (though I might have gained it later, some other way):

*groan*
@Imp: Please send Maximum Spin a PM asking him to clarify your night results. It seems to me that you saw sof take no action.
However, the Mod can not confirm/discuss your night action in the open, or that would be confirming the validity of your claimed night action (aka cheating).

My understanding of how to talk to God in a way that didn't leave me more confused and disappointed than I was before I even tried to talk at all.

I'm open to you being a banshee that has a wincon I can live with.  This was my initial reaction to the result on you being reported:

I confirm I tracked nqt last night.  Also, Unvote.  I confirm nqt interacted with EuchreJack.

nqt, before I help us destroy this banshee, because I am not very anthropocentric, how sure are you that EuchreJack=malevolent=
threats to humanity
?

Just to be clear, are we sure this is not by any chance a town banshee, a neutral, non-threatening banshee, and are you willing to tell us how you know?

Also, may we not hammer yet?  We haven't even heard from everyone.

I'm trying to evaluate everything I can about you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 14, 2024, 10:55:45 pm »

I'm trying to evaluate everything I can about you.
*Groan*
That is a waste of time. You have everything you need to know about me. I'm an outed Serial Killer that needs town to lynch scum so I can poison someone tonight towards achieving my "Everyone Dies" win condition*. You should be trying to evaluate literally anyone else.

*While I do have a "win with town" victory condition, whether or not I'm telling the truth about that is a question you can answer if town still exists tomorrow
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 76