Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35823 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #735 on: January 14, 2024, 07:23:22 pm »

It becomes clear something is going on. You appearing after I became a double voter could be brushed off as time zones. But afterwards your next action is not to answer questions you asked for, but to just end the day outright. It's starting to seem like not all is right in your chatrooms.

TricMagic is right, you did not succeed at hammering. Solid attempt, though!
???

Uh, how was that not hammer? Who's vote didn't count, or did the hammer threshold increase?
My votes became two, making the number of votes 8, not 7. 4 is no longer a majority.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 14, 2024, 07:23:57 pm »

Like Tric said. It takes 5/8 votes now.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 14, 2024, 07:24:40 pm »

It becomes clear something is going on. You appearing after I became a double voter could be brushed off as time zones. But afterwards your next action is not to answer questions you asked for, but to just end the day outright. It's starting to seem like not all is right in your chatrooms.

TricMagic is right, you did not succeed at hammering. Solid attempt, though!
???

Uh, how was that not hammer? Who's vote didn't count, or did the hammer threshold increase?
My votes became two, making the number of votes 8, not 7. 4 is no longer a majority.
Damn fine reasoning there

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 14, 2024, 07:25:34 pm »

I only needed Imp's answer to my question. Please do not eliminate sofanthiel. They can literally protect town.
she/her

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 14, 2024, 07:25:59 pm »

How come NQT is busy creating new games, but can't be bothered to post here?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 14, 2024, 07:26:28 pm »

How come Crystal & Sof never question NQT's absence?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 14, 2024, 07:27:22 pm »

Guys, do not eliminate one of the two(maybe three? Forgot about Quarque) players who can prevent a kill.

*applause* somebody gets it.

So yeah, sofanthiel did not read and absorb thread in that time but feels good enough about a vote to end the day.

Sounds legit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 14, 2024, 07:27:50 pm »

Honestly.. Jack, am I correct in assuming your next night action is going to be focused on killing mafia? Take us through your logic as SK, I think we can learn a lot about how you're planning to win.  :)

TL:DR SK does not need to live to win. All others must simply have died. If Town and Scum both have a kill and shoot the other, SK wins.

I only needed Imp's answer to my question. Please do not eliminate sofanthiel. They can literally protect town.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 14, 2024, 07:28:33 pm »

Because I found it unlikely they're anti town. Also, you were questioning their absence before now?
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 14, 2024, 07:30:13 pm »

My entire basis of suspicion towards Sof is NQT being scum. I'm still surprised you've never pulled on that thread. Cops are not inherently town in a game with multiple factions.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 14, 2024, 07:31:06 pm »

I was urgently instructed to hammer, and, for the sake of not wasting everybody's time, I trusted the judgment of the player I'm allied with, similar to how I had to make a decision without Crystal's input yesterday.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 14, 2024, 07:32:06 pm »

My entire basis of suspicion towards Sof is NQT being scum. I'm still surprised you've never pulled on that thread. Cops are not inherently town in a game with multiple factions.
My reason for doubting that is because that would mean Imp is scum as well. Can you please tell me how many players there were on d2?
she/her

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 14, 2024, 07:33:57 pm »

Because I found it unlikely they're anti town. Also, you were questioning their absence before now?
I gave NQT a pass yesterday because it was their birthday and didn't want to spend it with us, but they're still gone from this game. Yet they've clearly been on the forums:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=45016.msg8523955#msg8523955
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134925.msg8524174#msg8524174
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=45016.msg8524175#msg8524175
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=45016.msg8524141#msg8524141

They just can't be bothered to do anything in this game. And yeah, it pisses me off, since this is the second time they've just coasted on a bad vote. If they had bothered to do something Day 2, then maybe Fallacy would still be alive.
Lazy town or sneaky anti-town. I got a fix for that, which should reveal whether or not NQT is actually a roleblocker.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 14, 2024, 07:34:15 pm »

Just looking at the votes, who on Jack is more likely to be mafia?

shakes head. Sofanthiel, just voting to end the day is not town behavior. Talking it out and fulfilling Crystal's promise would be far more productive than just shutting down all information. I'm sure Crystal remembers that right?

Ninja. Fair enough sofanthiel. For now though, can we get your testimony on what you did last night? Crystal refused to answer for you.

Ninja. I'll note I wasn't hear day two. But it was 7.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 14, 2024, 07:34:40 pm »

TM, here's the rest of my answer to my thinking on sof, currently.  It's very tied to CM.

I'm certain that if they're teamed... err, true teamed, they can win together.  So no chance of town-ally and anti-town.  God explained something like EuchreJack's last game Piratechat is not a true team, and I don't know what the boundaries are between team and true team, but in God's game, a true team will only have members that can win together.

So much of my read of sof is based on CM.

Note that early day, my vote was on sof.  My pressure on CM was all pressure on sof too.  I don't have a read of sof, I just think we probably get a CM roleflip no later than N3 (except maybe if we kill Jack that does interrupt the death, and I have no idea).

What I said early day about sof doing everything to save sof is still in my thinking.  Sof could be playing pure survivor, and pure survivor can team with anyone who doesn't need that survivor dead (so not a SK with a standard wincon, but an SK that has to kill everyone but one other person, I think could be possible, but I didn't specifically ask God that question, as it doesn't seem to apply here.)

I hate what sof did D2.  I think it's not pro-town, especially if sof is not town.  What I said here:

And it looks like sof did a very high risk move ...  Supposedly sof is a robot, and knows sof is not town.  Sof risked eliminating town with that vote, for all FoU seems their highest scumpick.  But town knows 'If I live, town can win, even if I'm the only town' and Sof supposedly knows "I am not town".  So sof risked losing to stay alive, in my eyes.  Maybe we can say 'sof knows there's more than one town alive'.  But the team CM+sof supposedly didn't check TM for 'being interesting' despite that one being un-elim D1 (and later, we now know).  If town are human, and a parson and a superhero can be human, can a 'dragonkin' be human?  I'm thinking it is possible, but CM says return of TM because maybe they're town.

I mean it.  If Sof is not town, then sof doesn't know who town are, without some mason or other clues.  There's no evidence of that.  CM may be town-ally, but sof did a garbage, could kill the only townie as far as sof knows move, and I am not okay with that from a supposed town-ally.  Survivor garbage bs, sure.  I expect better of survivors that think they might win with town.

But I get that's hard.  And I don't know what sof is.  I just expect pro-town play, to a very high degree.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 76