Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35634 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #525 on: January 13, 2024, 09:54:11 am »

CrystalizedMire, I want Tric back immediately.
My role doesnt say banished players are returned so tricmagic would probably be banished indefinetly.
Please explain why you would say this, when you KNEW you could bring Tric back.
I meant to say that when I die, the banished players are not returned.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 13, 2024, 10:18:00 am »

Quarque: You got me. I am a double actor because i only have two actions and god decided my second action could be used with my first. Satisfied

There were three other questions for you to answer in that post. I could also remind you that the game you were scum you were a little less than forthcoming with the details on that final day.

I should also ask you why you’re defending sofanthiel so hard, in the sense that it doesn’t sound like it would affect your wincon at all if they die, just maybe make it a bit more tricky to find an “interesting specimen”.

Do you know how your abduction thing works? Are people able to perform actions the same night they get abducted or… what?

Do you do anything to them before they’re released? Like. Tric is apparently lynchable now, was that your doing?
Sofanthiel's role can further town's wincon while I can only do two things at night and both of those things only further the other wincon. Also, both of these wincons(town wincon and interesting specimen wincon) needs to be fulfilled in order for me and sofanthiel to win. I don't know which priority abduction is at so I'm presuming people can act the same night they are abducted. Only thing we can do to abductees is that we can find if they fulfill one of our wincons but otherwise, no.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 13, 2024, 11:10:02 am »

See… I think lynching CM is a good idea, because we don’t know what will happen with all the abducted folks if CM is allowed to act this night, but I am also less for it because the SK inspect is suggesting it.
It does play to the SK condition to leave town in the dark for longer. If anyone is scum in the pair it's more likely to be Sofanthiel than Crystal. Have they posted yet?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 13, 2024, 11:13:28 am »

You can defend Sofanthiel all you want Crystal, but facts are facts. And fact is, I'm not seeing them here.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 13, 2024, 11:19:13 am »

See… I think lynching CM is a good idea, because we don’t know what will happen with all the abducted folks if CM is allowed to act this night, but I am also less for it because the SK inspect is suggesting it.
It does play to the SK condition to leave town in the dark for longer. If anyone is scum in the pair it's more likely to be Sofanthiel than Crystal. Have they posted yet?
I seriously don't understand why sofanthiel is more likely to be scum. God confirmed we were teammates in the private chat. Sofanthiel stated they won't be active during the weekend.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 13, 2024, 11:21:11 am »

God probably doesn't recognize TM as a player. Try using the whole name, or at least Tric.

Or maybe I just don't have a vote today and didn't realize?  I'd test that on you but I don't want you at L-1, since I'm sure sof would agree to your elimination and could pop in any time (as far as I know).

CM's story keeps changing, or the amount they are willing to reveal is, or both.  That really confuses me.

So far, CM hasn't claimed that either sof or CM need to be alive for them to win with town, but the behavior looks like 'omg, can't save CM, must safe sof'.  All this makes me think CM believes they have to find the right lie to have a chance to win, and it all rests on sof.

And it looks like sof did a very high risk move, I suspect and CM claims, to ensure sof wasn't eliminated D2 by causing that hammer.  Supposedly sof is a robot, and knows sof is not town.  Sof risked eliminating town with that vote, for all FoU seems their highest scumpick.  But town knows 'If I live, town can win, even if I'm the only town' and Sof supposedly knows "I am not town".  So sof risked losing to stay alive, in my eyes.  Maybe we can say 'sof knows there's more than one town alive'.  But the team CM+sof supposedly didn't check TM for 'being interesting' despite that one being un-elim D1 (and later, we now know).  If town are human, and a parson and a superhero can be human, can a 'dragonkin' be human?  I'm thinking it is possible, but CM says return of TM because maybe they're town.

I think web's a more likely 'interesting target' than TM as of N2, as web directly answered:

Why claim survivor, and not any flavor of town, and at this time?

How many third parties could we have, should we expect you're the only one?
Not sure.  Could there be more than 1 Survivor?  I'm currently under the impression that human is Town, because...

webadict, did you come back a human or something else?
... The answer is no.

So that alone can explain 'why return TM and take web', because web's more likely to not be human.  I don't believe CM's claim about winning with town.

I lean towards believing Jack went for CM N2 probably because of the FoU elim and the apparent 'CM is how and why'.  I suspected CM did the vote stuff at first, then thought maybe Sof 'tore up his vote to give CM 2 extra votes'.  I now think Sof pulled the trigger on FoU elim, and CM seems to be saying this is what happened.

TLDR/what this leads to:

If we eliminate CM D3, we probably lose web, who claims survivor.  Being banished with maybe no way back may not be 'death' for a survivor, if web only has to be alive at game end, not 'in play' then, that's a web win.  But supposedly CM dies N3.

If we eliminate sof D3, we see whatever sof is.  We absolutely enrage CM, who claimed to 'win with town' -
1. Anyone who votes sof is scum and should be lybched/killed asap.
Apparently anyone who would vote sof can't be town, and CM doesn't need them alive for CM's wincon.

But this leaves CM free to act N3, until poison kills them if it can.  I would suspect, if CM's claim of 'find an interesting specimen' for wincon is true, that Jack's an even better pick than web, as Jack is investigated as blue and banshee and is not denying any of that.  If CM is lying about that part of their wincon in any way, there's no reason to take Jack N3, and some vengeance abduction might happen.  However, maybe someone can roleblock CM if we're worried about that, or roleblock Jack, if we're worried about more poison used in a anti-town fashion - I don't object to Jack's poisoning of CM, that's a pretty decent target for a town wincon given the vote manipulation and the claim by CM D2 that CM and sof are 'town allies'.

CM, I don't think anyone who votes sof has to be scum.  I'm open to voting sof instead of CM today, I think that might solve more slots in a better way overall, with less risk to town.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 13, 2024, 11:23:08 am »

There is a difference between confirmed teammates, and confirmed alignment. Which is the basis of my suspicions in the first place. Do you know they're not scum?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 13, 2024, 11:40:17 am »

Sofanthiel stated they won't be active during the weekend.

Maybe it is time for someone to start negotiating with God for an extension, if that's desired.

You have 48 hours from 8 PM (2000) Eastern Standard Time, or a little under 48 and a half from now, to make your decisions. Day 3 has begun.

As I read it, that's 8 PM on Sunday that this day ends, if a hammer doesn't end it sooner. ... but

I'm aiming for 48hr days and 24hr nights, not counting weekends, unless anyone strenuously objects

God, which day at 8 PM EST does this day end, if no hammers are involved?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 13, 2024, 11:45:17 am »

There is a difference between confirmed teammates, and confirmed alignment. Which is the basis of my suspicions in the first place. Do you know they're not scum?
They were really suspicious of me at first but after I said that I win with humans but am not one, they stated they also win with humans.
God probably doesn't recognize TM as a player. Try using the whole name, or at least Tric.

Or maybe I just don't have a vote today and didn't realize?  I'd test that on you but I don't want you at L-1, since I'm sure sof would agree to your elimination and could pop in any time (as far as I know).

CM's story keeps changing, or the amount they are willing to reveal is, or both.  That really confuses me.

So far, CM hasn't claimed that either sof or CM need to be alive for them to win with town, but the behavior looks like 'omg, can't save CM, must safe sof'.  All this makes me think CM believes they have to find the right lie to have a chance to win, and it all rests on sof.

And it looks like sof did a very high risk move, I suspect and CM claims, to ensure sof wasn't eliminated D2 by causing that hammer.  Supposedly sof is a robot, and knows sof is not town.  Sof risked eliminating town with that vote, for all FoU seems their highest scumpick.  But town knows 'If I live, town can win, even if I'm the only town' and Sof supposedly knows "I am not town".  So sof risked losing to stay alive, in my eyes.  Maybe we can say 'sof knows there's more than one town alive'.  But the team CM+sof supposedly didn't check TM for 'being interesting' despite that one being un-elim D1 (and later, we now know).  If town are human, and a parson and a superhero can be human, can a 'dragonkin' be human?  I'm thinking it is possible, but CM says return of TM because maybe they're town.

I think web's a more likely 'interesting target' than TM as of N2, as web directly answered:

Why claim survivor, and not any flavor of town, and at this time?

How many third parties could we have, should we expect you're the only one?
Not sure.  Could there be more than 1 Survivor?  I'm currently under the impression that human is Town, because...

webadict, did you come back a human or something else?
... The answer is no.

So that alone can explain 'why return TM and take web', because web's more likely to not be human.  I don't believe CM's claim about winning with town.

I lean towards believing Jack went for CM N2 probably because of the FoU elim and the apparent 'CM is how and why'.  I suspected CM did the vote stuff at first, then thought maybe Sof 'tore up his vote to give CM 2 extra votes'.  I now think Sof pulled the trigger on FoU elim, and CM seems to be saying this is what happened.

TLDR/what this leads to:

If we eliminate CM D3, we probably lose web, who claims survivor.  Being banished with maybe no way back may not be 'death' for a survivor, if web only has to be alive at game end, not 'in play' then, that's a web win.  But supposedly CM dies N3.

If we eliminate sof D3, we see whatever sof is.  We absolutely enrage CM, who claimed to 'win with town' -
1. Anyone who votes sof is scum and should be lybched/killed asap.
Apparently anyone who would vote sof can't be town, and CM doesn't need them alive for CM's wincon.

But this leaves CM free to act N3, until poison kills them if it can.  I would suspect, if CM's claim of 'find an interesting specimen' for wincon is true, that Jack's an even better pick than web, as Jack is investigated as blue and banshee and is not denying any of that.  If CM is lying about that part of their wincon in any way, there's no reason to take Jack N3, and some vengeance abduction might happen.  However, maybe someone can roleblock CM if we're worried about that, or roleblock Jack, if we're worried about more poison used in a anti-town fashion - I don't object to Jack's poisoning of CM, that's a pretty decent target for a town wincon given the vote manipulation and the claim by CM D2 that CM and sof are 'town allies'.

CM, I don't think anyone who votes sof has to be scum.  I'm open to voting sof instead of CM today, I think that might solve more slots in a better way overall, with less risk to town.
I win if town wins and I abducted an interesting specimen. I don't get a choice. Also, would it be better to possibly eliminate someone who may or may not be town versus someone who isn't anti town? I threw back Tricmagic in order to increase the amount of votes. Euchre Jack stated that if we mislynch fallacy(which we did), scum will kill and again causing them to win. I don't want to claim sofanthiel's n2 action without their permission. No matter what, I do not want you to cure me of the poison, town needs it more.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 13, 2024, 11:52:51 am »

They were really suspicious of me at first but after I said that I win with humans but am not one, they stated they also win with humans.

Wow, your private chat is surely going to be a delight to read when game is over.

Was anything God-confirmed for you guys in that private chat at all?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 13, 2024, 12:08:41 pm »

Wow, your private chat is surely going to be a delight to read when game is over.

Was anything God-confirmed for you guys in that private chat at all?
The title of the chat confirms we are teammates. I also saw sofanthiel's role pm and n1 pm. I do know what action sofanthiel took n2 but I don't know the result.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 13, 2024, 12:46:08 pm »

Did you find out why they were really suspicious of you at first?

Were you really suspicious of them at first?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 13, 2024, 12:52:22 pm »

I'm guessing sof was didn't trust me because we're in a bastard. I wasn't really suspicious of them even at the start.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 13, 2024, 01:42:44 pm »

God, which day at 8 PM EST does this day end, if no hammers are involved?
Tuesday, apparently. I mean, I forgot weekends were a thing that happens when I wrote that. That seems like a really long time, though, so please hammer first.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 13, 2024, 02:09:22 pm »

How much is it to hammer?
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 76