Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35814 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #480 on: January 12, 2024, 10:11:29 pm »

I need to read Day 3 carefully, but going back to my original plan:
sofanthiel dies today, Crystalizedmire dies tonight, and I'm going to be spending most of today seeing whom else stands between Town and winning, and they get poisoned tonight.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 12, 2024, 10:12:34 pm »

We can assume Mafia needs to outnumber the rest of town. (With possibility that town needs to not have a way to win.)
We can assume SK wins if they kill everyone. Note that Jack doesn't need to be alive to win.
We can assume Cult needs to convert enough people to outnumber the rest, or convert a certain number of people.

Of Cults, webadict is most likely given they lynched themselves day 1, cause otherwise they didn't have a hope of winning. Which suggests they knew the first day would be obscured.

Of SK, Jack is the poisoner variety, though likely have other methods like normal kills

Of Aliens, they need a suitable test subject. Note that while Crystalized might be clear, sofanthiel isn't.

NQT, while they have served us an SK, has had Jack killed them with poison, supposedly. Odd that NQT didn't mention that.

Ninja Pirate.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 12, 2024, 10:15:29 pm »

I need to read Day 3 carefully, but going back to my original plan:
sofanthiel dies today, Crystalizedmire dies tonight, and I'm going to be spending most of today seeing whom else stands between Town and winning, and they get poisoned tonight.
I will not let anyone eliminate sofanthiel. Sofanthiel couldnt have done the murder because they were eoleblocked and I abducted tricmagic. Since we are a team, neither of us could have done tbe murder. If you want a flip, vote me instead
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 12, 2024, 10:19:55 pm »

Tricmagic: I thougjt you said that hunting thrid parties wont help. Strange that youre voting sofanthiel, somebody who is a third party.
she/her

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 12, 2024, 10:23:53 pm »

Tricmagic: I thougjt you said that hunting thrid parties wont help. Strange that youre voting sofanthiel, somebody who is a third party.
Claimed third party. I'm reasonably sure Aliens were scum in at least one setup.  You're hardly clear.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 12, 2024, 10:24:43 pm »

TM, is it useful to you to add what you actually did N1 to the list of claims?  I caught your target, and updated the N1/D2 claims with it.  I note that I did not submit a N1 action, just a N1 target, and I was told what I actually did.  No idea what happened with you, just asking.

N2/D3 stuff:

Qua is returned to life with a replacement also addressed as Quarque, unsure if has 'amnesia' and other god curses like funny post restrictions, but so far has confirmed nothing of the past or present except to be present.
Imp tracked nqt out of town to Jack.  Imp also has a costly way to possibly help someone if they are poisoned, however this cannot help a grey alien.
nqt investigated Jack as a 'blue' (what shade?  Blue itself?  Navy?  Other?) banshee, and declares them malevolent supernatural.
Jack poisoned CM
CM returned TM and banished/captured web, claims to be a poisoned grey alien.
sof has not yet spoken.  CM says he self targeted for an action she doesn't want to discuss, then that he was roleblocked.
TM returns and claims to be dragonkin, and is confirmed to still be impossible to vote and claims they remain not-eliminationable until they kill.

No new deaths N2
web is absent, but maybe did something before being banished.
FoU is still dead.

If I missed anything or am incorrect, please let me know.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 12, 2024, 10:27:46 pm »

Claimed third party. I'm reasonably sure Aliens were scum in at least one setup.  You're hardly clear.
God already stated that this is a different thing from supernatural and paranormal. Neither of us couldve killed on n1 because nqt roleblocked sofanthiel and I abducted tricmagic

Imp: I meant to say they self targeted n1 not n2, sofanthiel still hasnt said what happened n2
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 12, 2024, 10:30:49 pm »

The reason why I dont want sofanthiel eliminated is because their role benefits town more than mine
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 12, 2024, 10:31:21 pm »

I will not let anyone eliminate sofanthiel.

How would you prevent this?

To me, there's only your and sof's word, CM, that you guys are third party.

nqt, who I confirm targeted Jack, says Jack is 'blue', and banshee.

Blue is not red.  Maybe Blue is what scum are colored this game...

God, would you please allow us to know what color scum would be, in this incredibly safe and normal place you have made for us to be in?

But, CM, if blue is not a scum-shade, then we have collaboration and evidence Jack is not scum (they could be, they could be godfather-like for blue.  I'm not about to say what God would or would not do, may my saying that not offend God more than God enjoys being offended by it).

So, going for sof makes sense.  But I don't want hammers this early by any means.

Imp: I meant to say they self targeted n1 not n2, sofanthiel still hasnt said what happened n2

Hugely appreciated.  And to be clear, you're choosing not to say 'self target for what', correct?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 12, 2024, 10:33:06 pm »

God, would you please allow us to know what color scum would be, in this incredibly safe and normal place you have made for us to be in?
If by "scum" you mean anti-town factions or players, they would be whatever color seems appropriate for the role.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 12, 2024, 10:36:02 pm »

NQT

1. I'm inclined not to believe Fallacy's flip. Superhero doesn't fit supernatural or paranormal particularly, right? He had all these powers and yet said he'd do nothing! It's probably lies, in fitting with the bastard mode we're playing.

A strategy for a cop can be to come across a bit scummy so as to avoid getting NK’d, and then revealing results at opportune moments.

I’m not sure if FoU was doing that, but he’s knowledgeable enough to know that cops are big targets for scum, and the game is bastard enough that he may have been wary about his bulletproof actually being bulletproof.

Equally so, the flavour for his lunch did say he was an alium, which fits both Superman and… whichever of the two games features aliens. Paranormal?

2. I inspected EuchreJack and he is a Banshee. The role was coloured blue, which I take to mean 'serial killer', but who knows. What I do know is that it's a malevolent supernatural creature.

You could ask God you know :p

I would challenge Banshees being malevolent in terms of folklore, but the blue is telling enough for me.

What do you call a deaf deer?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tric

Welp. I'm sure you feel safe EuchreJack, and you might be given our silver bullet died. Oh wait?

Quarque the dog, given Jack their vector and kill the werewolf tonight?

You want what with the what now?

CrystalizedMire

Could have left me for dead, but okay. Did fallacy ever roleclaim..

First on the agenda, extra votes. Specifically Crystalizedmire's. Appears you stole Sof's yesterday for a double up.
That is sof's one shot. I didn't order them to do it because I wasn't online at the time but sofanthiel didn't want to be eliminated so they used teh one shot. Don't worry, sofanthiel's vote is back.

Would sofanthiel’s flip confirm anything about you, CM?

What did their one-shot do?

Can you order sofanthiel to do anything?
I think that sofanthiel would be a less helpful roleflip because they have a better ability. However, if Webadict is not considered interesting for the purposes of fulfilling my wincon, then sofanthiel will probably get modkilled for being unable to fulfill their wincon. Also, sofanthiel roleflip will probably reveal our wincon and leave me in a vulnerable spot since I'll be alignemnt confirmed. Their one shot gave up their vote for the day to give me to extra votes. I can't order sofanthiel to do anything.

You’ve claimed having a town wincon, why would you being alignment confirmed be a bad thing?

TricMagic has claimed to be an interesting specimen, but you haven’t won yet; what is your precise wincon in that regard?

I suspect that only Webadict can undo this. Also, I already roleclaimed before, I can only abduct people and throw them back out. Hopefully webadict is considered an interesting specimen and I'll fulfill my second wincon.

You may not be interested.  But that's actually not a full roleclaim.  Like, dunno.  What species are you, human or something else?  What's this about you giving sof orders?  You win 'with town' or if what else?  Or is it with town and something else too?  And whatever other details you may have and be willing to discuss.
Wins if town/humanity wins. Am a grey alien. Second wincon is something that is required to fulfill. Second wincon is capturing a specimen that is considered interesting. I don't give sofanthiel orders, they are free to do whatever tehy want. We also share a team chat.

Is sofanthiel also a grey alien?

Tricmagic: I'm failing to see why you think I'm scum
Mostly cause there is only one way that status could disappear. And that's if I performed a kill. And since you removed me prior, that would mean some trickery is going on. If I'm lynchable, we know who performed the knight 1 kill. If I'm not, I'm cleared from it.

Also, I sent in no action night 1, only difference I also put in parenthesis to target myself or webadict. Good thing I didn't send in a living target huh? (Fallacy you are not alone in your belief.)
Euchre could have performed it. Besides, I couldn't have because I abducted you.

You recall the last game in which you were a double actor, and that we appear to be in something of a bastard game? You’ve also claimed to have a non-town wincon. Chances should not be taken.

Imp mostly, but really everyone since y’all are probably curious

As for me, I am the spirit of a former townsperson who failed the last time there was a threat to the town, and was so distraught at the failure I chose to stick around to protect the town in the future.

I was told I could “replace in” on N2, with the flavour that I needed to be sure there was a threat to the town. This implies to me the scum were forced to kill N1.

I can use all of my predecessors abilities. I wasn’t informed what I did N1.

Miscellaneous

So, we have what appears to be four third party claims, 1 SK/town-ally(?), 2 aliums, and 1 survivor.

I’m not sure about that, personally, with a possible scum team too? Or is it TPs all the way down?

Oh, I think Imp and NQT are indirectly confirming each others actions two nights in a row, if I recall correctly?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 12, 2024, 10:41:13 pm »

TM, is it useful to you to add what you actually did N1 to the list of claims?  I caught your target, and updated the N1/D2 claims with it.  I note that I did not submit a N1 action, just a N1 target, and I was told what I actually did.  No idea what happened with you, just asking.

N2/D3 stuff:

Qua is returned to life with a replacement also addressed as Quarque, unsure if has 'amnesia' and other god curses like funny post restrictions, but so far has confirmed nothing of the past or present except to be present.
Imp tracked nqt out of town to Jack.  Imp also has a costly way to possibly help someone if they are poisoned, however this cannot help a grey alien.
nqt investigated Jack as a 'blue' (what shade?  Blue itself?  Navy?  Other?) banshee, and declares them malevolent supernatural.
Jack poisoned CM
CM returned TM and banished/captured web, claims to be a poisoned grey alien.
sof has not yet spoken.  CM says he self targeted for an action she doesn't want to discuss, then that he was roleblocked.
TM returns and claims to be dragonkin, and is confirmed to still be impossible to vote and claims they remain not-eliminationable until they kill.

No new deaths N2
web is absent, but maybe did something before being banished.
FoU is still dead.

If I missed anything or am incorrect, please let me know.
I don't particularly want to give that info out. Just know it's start of night and either targets me or the dead. Keep scum guessing. As I understnad it kidnapping would probably.. Does it block stuff Crystalized?

As for Sof, in a Sof/NQT scumteam, Sof would be mafia. Not actually your ally. They'd just use your dead body for some nefarious purpose.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 12, 2024, 10:43:20 pm »

I will not let anyone eliminate sofanthiel.

How would you prevent this?

To me, there's only your and sof's word, CM, that you guys are third party.

nqt, who I confirm targeted Jack, says Jack is 'blue', and banshee.

Blue is not red.  Maybe Blue is what scum are colored this game...

But, CM, if blue is not a scum-shade, then we have collaboration and evidence Jack is not scum (they could be, they could be godfather-like for blue.  I'm not about to say what God would or would not do, may my saying that not offend God more than God enjoys being offended by it).

So, going for sof makes sense.  But I don't want hammers this early by any means.

Hugely appreciated.  And to be clear, you're choosing not to say 'self target for what', correct?
1. Anyone who votes sof is scum and should be lybched/killed asap. Also Euchre Jack. God revealed itll be whatever colour is apropriate and I forgot about the elimination immunity. Euchre jack and tricmagic seems to be collaborating with eachother ib a way that seems suspixious. No wonder jack wanted ttic back
2. Sof targeted analyze on themself

Quarque: Sofanthiel and I have the same alignment though technixally sof is a robot. Alignment confirming will be a bad thing because... I dont know where i was going witj this. My non town wincon is literally abducting something interesting. I am not a double actor this time.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 12, 2024, 10:45:12 pm »

Ebwop: idk if tric is interestong or not, werent you lostening
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 12, 2024, 10:46:39 pm »

Oh, I think Imp and NQT are indirectly confirming each others actions two nights in a row, if I recall correctly?

Very indirectly for N1, I targeted sof who was delayed or who dallied in town center, then went to their farm outside of town, I was given clues this was their home.  Sof wanted to know who targeted them, and if a kill action could have been used on sof.  (I do not have a kill action, I confirmed that D2).  NQT stated they targeted sof and 'may' have roleblocked sof.  NQT did not choose to reveal much else about what they did.  However, that barely could confirm, maybe nqt roleblocked sof (or maybe qua sanctuaried sof, or maybe both).

I really wanted NQT eliminated D2, suspecting Quarque-the-first to have used sanctuary and died because of it, because of the actions of NQT... or maybe sof... or maybe someone else.  But they were my lynch pick, and I picked them to track N2.

I very directly confirm nqt's actions N2.  I didn't report until they did, because I suspected them greatly.  However, they report what I was told they did, I was told my target targeted EuchreJack.  I'm rather less suspicious about nqt today because of that.

As for me, I am the spirit of a former townsperson who failed the last time there was a threat to the town, and was so distraught at the failure I chose to stick around to protect the town in the future.

I was told I could “replace in” on N2, with the flavour that I needed to be sure there was a threat to the town. This implies to me the scum were forced to kill N1.

I can use all of my predecessors abilities. I wasn’t informed what I did N1.

Sweet, thank you so much!

Were you ever given access to deadchat?

Did you take any action last night?

Do you believe you 'self resurrected' or do you believe you were brought back by someone in play, or do you have no idea at all?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 76