Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35484 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #405 on: January 11, 2024, 10:25:16 pm »

Anyone could have done the kill! An arbitrary number of bastard, multi-target, weird, roleblock-bypassing abilities have the potential to exist.

Basing the entirety of scumhunting on a manipulatable mechanic is a flawed notion.

Looking at behavior, Crystalizedmire, sofanthiel, and webadict are scummiest.
THEN PICK ONE

And yes, if they flip scum, we can look at web tomorrow.  He's probably a Mafia-Ally, which means we'll have to vote him eventually.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2024, 10:28:21 pm »

I picked webadict, it's not my fault nobody wants to vote the revenant! I am vanclla town.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 11, 2024, 10:29:20 pm »

@Fallacy: As for the night kill, the most likely explanation is that Web did it.  I seem to recall a Zombie Revive ability where a player revives another player and that other player does the nightkill. Doesn't really matter if Web is a Zombie or Vampire, it would explain why he can't vote (either "no brain" and can't vote, or "can not go out during the day" and can't vote).  Web might not even be aware, although its likely he is now on a team with the person that revived him.

I assume there is a multi-action on one player. Which makes sense, especially for a one-off ability.
I dont think this is the case because 1. It has to assume that one player submitted multiple targets and 2. One player submitted a dead target, A possibility we are not told of. Also, me and sofanthiel are tpwn allies.
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 11, 2024, 10:30:04 pm »

You and sofanthiel are what?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 11, 2024, 10:31:04 pm »

He would either have a scumbuddy helping push in another direction, or town would likely be divided.
I'm speaking with him right now!
However, for this day the pressure has been almost exclusively on Fallacy.
This is accurate for the latter part of the day, and I'd argue that it's justified.  Even though I was initially focused on nqt, I changed my mind soon after bearing witness to the direction this thread took a turn in.
I'm at least as scummy as him, and nobody cared
We can't lynch the entire mafia team in one day, can we?  Your fate depends on the outcome of Fallacy's hanging.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 11, 2024, 10:32:44 pm »

We can't lynch the entire mafia team in one day, can we?  Your fate depends on the outcome of Fallacy's hanging.
Is that a statement of your intentions towards Day 3?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 11, 2024, 10:34:13 pm »

Is that a statement of your intentions towards Day 3?
Seems pretty clear to me. They mislynch you today, then me tomorrow. Masons my ass.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 11, 2024, 10:35:47 pm »

sofanthiel has spent all his credcoin and is now in great debt. He can pay with his life, though. I am vanillo town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 11, 2024, 10:36:58 pm »

Agreed. sofanthiel

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 11, 2024, 10:39:03 pm »

Damn Fallacy, you deserve to live.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 11, 2024, 10:40:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure web can't be town based on his comments.  Neutral or anti-town, I don't know.  I can probably live with a web lynch, but I'm concerned because I'm certain web could not have called the kill.  If he was raised and killed, there's still the one in control.  Someone caused a kill, don't think it could be web, don't think it's a town or town friendly person.

Also, me and sofanthiel are tpwn allies.

Whut?  No really.  Whut?

It has to assume that one player submitted multiple targets and 2. One player submitted a dead target, A possibility we are not told of.

I didn't even consider submitting multiple targets.  Or a dead target.  Did you?  Why do you think anyone did?  Someone who already knows their role and that they can target the dead, or target multiples....

You think God just gives stuff away and lets us run rampant?

I don't see any evidence of that.

Okay, so the mod is unwilling to disclose how many votes people may or may not have.

Just checking something.

EuchreJack, EuchreJack, EuchreJack, EuchreJack, EuchreJack

Oh, and some proof:  CrystalizedMire

We can do a lot, but we can only succeed at what God allows.

Sofanthiel.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 11, 2024, 10:42:12 pm »

But sof can't have been the killer either.  I know this.  Sheesh.  Unvote.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 11, 2024, 10:56:30 pm »

But sof can't have been the killer either.  I know this.  Sheesh.  Unvote.
If it makes you feel any better, one-shot unblockable kills are a thing, so it could have been sofanthiel. Also, recall that Quarque's flip revealed multiple kill types.

But more importantly:
In order to vote out Crystalizedmire OR sofanthiel, we need exactly four (4) votes.
Imp, EuchreJack, NQT, and FallacyofUrist

Less that 4 votes means Fallacy, who has been finding scum left and right, gets lynched.
...so we have to follow his lead in voting sofanthiel. Even if it was probably Crystalizedmire or Web that did the kill.

At this point, your vote for sofanthiel simply allows NQT to decide between sofanthiel and Fallacy for the lynch. Otherwise, NQT can't tip the scales either way.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 11, 2024, 10:58:01 pm »

...actually, NQT can vote either way without you. Votecounts in motion are sometimes tricky.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 11, 2024, 11:00:42 pm »

I'm pretty sure web can't be town based on his comments.  Neutral or anti-town, I don't know.  I can probably live with a web lynch, but I'm concerned because I'm certain web could not have called the kill.  If he was raised and killed, there's still the one in control.  Someone caused a kill, don't think it could be web, don't think it's a town or town friendly person.
This is the most logical argument for me being scum, covers for my not having a vote, and allows for someone to target two people.  It's a solid argument.

It's wrong because I don't have a teammate or a master or even an underling that I'm aware of, but it's actually the best one I've heard, and pretty believable.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 76