Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35684 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #285 on: January 11, 2024, 02:55:49 pm »

As I've already mentioned, Crystalizedmire was unusually defensive of webadict earlier.

In two successive posts, webadict claimed to be confirmed town and a survivor. Both of these cannot be true, it has to be one or the other. And if he's a survivor, why is he even trying to find scum?
I am astounded that you can possibly come to this conclusion.  Are you being serious, or is this an elaborate hoax?

Two things that are not contradictory:  I was confirmed Town by my execution.  This is confirmed by word of mod.  You seem to believe this, or else you couldn't possibly claim I was converted.  I was revived as a survivor.  This is not contradictory of the previous statement.

Forgive me if I sound crazy, but every argument blends together, and yours isn't special.  I have been accused of knowing that I was going to revive, when this isn't true.  You have the idea that there is a conversion scum, but you are specifically targeting the person you would have to believe is converted.  You haven't once targeted the killing scum, who you seem to think is unrelated, meaning that there is at least 3 scum in your mind of various teams, and potentially a fourth one if you believe the cult and mafia aren't teamed.  That is... fucking bonkers?  And if they are teamed, one killed, one converted, and you have no reason to believe that voting me stops either of those.  This is the worst choice because I have no vote and thus have no way to help my supposed teammates win, who would continue.

I don't want to call you dumb, but if you actually believe this and are Town, you are functionally useless this game.  Seriously, who is going to believe you when you are getting literally basic facts wrong?

As for why I'm hunting scum, as soon as we stop finding scum, I'm up next.  I know how Supernatural goes.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 11, 2024, 02:58:44 pm »

I came back as a voteless survivor, so I'm kinda screwed no matter what.

web, why claim this now?

We have Fal acting a bit like a lyncher without subtlty, but nobody else is voting you.

Odds may be higher you could be anti-town than any other of us, if the reported res statistics are true and in play here (this is the first supernormal, plus, God is Max, so...).

But if your day game is good (and you're webadict, so everyone thinks your day game is good, right?), you have a lot to offer town, as town or as survivor.  How cursed are we talking for those abilities?  Like '(auto) night: Survivor, while you are alive, a randomly determined townie dies.' is pretty freaking bad a curse to my thinking.  But that seems pretty unlikely)...

Well, with your good day game, why would you:

with one vote on you...

with a fresh town corpse you seem unable to have caused... alibi 'I was dead at the time' is pretty solid...

with all the other events to focus on, cases to make, scumhunting to do....

Why would you go, now, 'I am a voteless survivor'.

This makes me think you've got some nastier truth to hide, and that's the best cover you can imagine... or that it's true.  But even if it's true, why claim it now?  I don't see the difference between now and a few posts ago when you initially claimed yourself voteless.  What's going on in your mind?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 11, 2024, 03:11:37 pm »

The best you can say is that I'm Third Party due to the resurrection, but your logic is batshit.

I mean, even here, I don't see breadcrumbing or anything.  Maybe I'm missing it?  I know I don't think like the rest of you.

Seriously though... why make this claim now, and not earlier?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 11, 2024, 03:13:29 pm »

Also, I did get a new Vanilla Town role when I was resurrected at the beginning of the Day.

There's also your counterclaim against yourself here.  I'm so confused.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 11, 2024, 03:21:38 pm »

While I don't find Webadict particularly suspicious, they have changed playstyles drastically and since revives are a bad thing in this game, there is a possibility webadict came back wrong
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 11, 2024, 03:26:46 pm »

they plan to ask God for clarification
Ask the robot what it thinks "God" refers to in the above context. :P

I don't have a particularly good feeling about either webadict or Fallacy.  web's sudden and drastic playstyle/attitude shift, in addition to the several posts screaming at God for bestowing the survivor with an unfavorable role, is rather concerning.  I'm leaning towards web being forced to live a lifetime as an important scum agent, making the initial plan to die and escape the cult game-ruining for his own teammates.

On the other hand, Fallacy has stuck to the narrative of being a vanilla townie.  While I don't consider it necessarily impossible for Max to leave 1 2 vanilla townies in the game just to mess with everyone, take a look at the following excerpts:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fallacy has mentioned being extremely vanilla town in every single one of the first 5 made today.  If that is not comedic repetition and obviously sarcasm, what is?  Fallacy is still defending this position, which is anything but helpful to the actual town team.

While I don't find Webadict particularly suspicious, they have changed playstyles drastically and since revives are a bad thing in this game, there is a possibility webadict came back wrong
Oh wow, timing, ha ha.  Beat me to it, too!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 11, 2024, 03:33:48 pm »

Ask the robot what it thinks "God" refers to in the above context. :P

eyeroll

Got God's answer though.  I'm only definitely going to clearly see target choices that happen.  (And I suspect only physical ones, should non-physical actions exist, because tracks).  However, stuff like that sanctuary reflex die if Qua's target uses a kill action that isn't spiritual, if I was tracking Qua's target at the time, it's a gray area and there's a chance I might get some flavor.

Of note, the flavor I did get did not tell me anything about a connection between sof and anyone else, just a prolonged time in town center, which flavor supports a roleblock or other delay of some kind.  There's nothing to suggest sof tried aggression or tried anything.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 11, 2024, 03:55:51 pm »

@Imp:  You are perpetually confused, but do not worry.  The answer is easy:  This is a bastard game.  Lying now isn't going to save me later.  And it's not like I have to worry about my teammates because I don't have any, so I guess I can really do what I want.

Also, I didn't lie there, I technically lied elsewhere when I said I was Town.  But saying I got a new Vanilla Town role was to skirt the Vanilla Town roleclaim rule.  This should have been obvious.

The flavor I got didn't say anything useful other than that I died, then I climbed out of my shallow grave this morning.

Also, I for sure came back wrong, I have been saying that all Day.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 11, 2024, 04:00:42 pm »

so I guess I can really do what I want.

Why now?

If it's because you want to now, why do you want to now?

Your thinking, please.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 11, 2024, 04:03:01 pm »

You will get further and easier with 'I am not going to answer that question.' than with evading it, with me.

Several of you have told me both that you don't understand me, and that I keep asking the same questions.

Make it clear you understand the question and refuse to answer it, and I won't waste time on trying to make sure you understood the question and are intentionally not answering.

Personally, I think this is a darn good question, and the answer has a lot to do with if I eventually vote you, today or future days.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 11, 2024, 04:23:16 pm »

You will get further and easier with 'I am not going to answer that question.' than with evading it, with me.

Several of you have told me both that you don't understand me, and that I keep asking the same questions.

Make it clear you understand the question and refuse to answer it, and I won't waste time on trying to make sure you understood the question and are intentionally not answering.

Personally, I think this is a darn good question, and the answer has a lot to do with if I eventually vote you, today or future days.
I'm confused by what you're confused by.  Are you confused about why now as opposed to... when?  At the beginning of the Day?  I assumed I'd be an easy vote for claiming that in spite of a dead person, and my proclivity towards wanting to be voted out Yesterday.  Also, there's a pretty clear meta stance on voting out survivors.  As opposed to later?  I dunno, it didn't seem worth it to keep up the front.

Also, if you saw my role, you would understand why both options are dumb, and I'm fucked either way.

Anyway, that doesn't really undermine that Fallacy still considers about half the Town scum in a game with 9 players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 11, 2024, 04:28:58 pm »

Also, if you saw my role, you would understand why both options are dumb, and I'm fucked either way.

Anyway, that doesn't really undermine that Fallacy still considers about half the Town scum in a game with 9 players.

Yeah, I'm confused on a bunch of fronts.  Why claim survivor, and not any flavor of town, and at this time?

Also, you've played, and ran, a lot of these games.  If someone flips and they're survivor - and it's not you - what should the rest of us do?  There's only 9 to start, one dead town showing.  One person seems banished.  How many third parties could we have, should we expect you're the only one?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 11, 2024, 04:34:47 pm »

Webadict: Do you still believe it was someone who revived and not the game?
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 11, 2024, 04:34:56 pm »

webadict, did you come back a human or something else?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 11, 2024, 05:02:23 pm »

As uncertain as I feel about nqt's intentions, he couldn't've been the one to kill Quarque tonight.  Was it excessive to put so much focus on a line of flavor text?  I am out of the tunnel now, my vision is clear, and we have bigger fish to pressure-cook.  Like Fallacy, for example!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 76