Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35567 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #240 on: January 10, 2024, 11:08:23 pm »

Max, can we know the ways someone's role might change?  Also, if someone's role changes, can their alignment change with it?
It would take infinite time for me to describe all the ways someone's role might change, so no.

Of course a player's alignment could change. Anyone might become evil at any moment. All it takes is the right leverage.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 10, 2024, 11:18:06 pm »

Max, can we know the ways someone's role might change?  Also, if someone's role changes, can their alignment change with it?
It would take infinite time for me to describe all the ways someone's role might change, so no.

Of course a player's alignment could change. Anyone might become evil at any moment. All it takes is the right leverage.
Okay, fine:  Can people's role change by performing Actions that their current role doesn't have access to?  Like, hypothetically, targeting a player?

Fallacy is berserk right now.

Look, if we're going by Supernatural tropes, there's been at least one occasion where a scumteam recruited from the grave. Werewolf Priest, or something like that.
That's fair, but you either have to find the person who resurrected me or you have to say that I'm lying and resurrected myself (and thus a murderer is still out there), but in either case, I'm not the top suspect.  The best case scenario is that we vote me as a safety measure to determine if such a cult exists, but you have to understand that from my perspective, that's crazy because there is a dead body, and I definitely did not kill them nor did anyone claim killing Quarque, which should really be a key signal that there's some type of killing scum, no?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2024, 11:23:52 pm »

Okay, fine:  Can people's role change by performing Actions that their current role doesn't have access to?  Like, hypothetically, targeting a player?
I don't think I understand the question. You certainly can't perform actions you don't have access to. That wouldn't be very normal.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2024, 11:24:39 pm »

Sorry I was at work when the game started, then went to sleep.  So I didn't catch the start of Day 2.

Thoughts:
Fallacy is quite correct that "nobody" was a valid Night target, as that is whom I chose.  I also reasoned that Vanilla Town had no night actions. This choosing "nobody" was confirmed by the mod.

webadict has a valid alibi in being dead at the time of the nightkill.  Since nobody claimed it, we can conclude it was performed by scum.  This does not completely clear webadict of being mafia, since in a normal game of mafia, there are two or more players on the mafia team, and only one of them performs the kill.
But to vote out webadict today, one would have to accuse the scumteam of including webadict and someone else, then arguing that webadict is the greater threat. Which he probably is, if and only if you can link him to somebody else whom you believe performed the kill.

I would suspect this game started with a normal setup, which means on Day 1 most players were Vanilla Town but 2-3 players were Mafia.

I think it is also fair to say that the role flip for everyone occurred at start of Day 2. 
While the only role anyone can claim is Vanilla Town, I think none of us still have that role. Except maybe webadict who didn't get his new role on account of being dead at the time.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2024, 11:25:48 pm »

That's fair, but you either have to find the person who resurrected me or you have to say that I'm lying and resurrected myself (and thus a murderer is still out there), but in either case, I'm not the top suspect.  The best case scenario is that we vote me as a safety measure to determine if such a cult exists, but you have to understand that from my perspective, that's crazy because there is a dead body, and I definitely did not kill them nor did anyone claim killing Quarque, which should really be a key signal that there's some type of killing scum, no?

If you think I'm going to ignore behavioral tells just because you're unlikely to have performed the nightkill, then you're also berserk.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2024, 11:28:29 pm »

Oh, right, should probably draw this to everyone's attention

Normally it'd be a bit meta, but I think that's fair in a bastard game.

In the 'Center for Supernormal Affairs' Discord we all joined, Spin said 'remember to check your private threads!' in the landing channel, once Day 2 started.

(That's not illegally quoting the mod, all of us can see that.)

I don't have a private thread.

The fact that we all had to join that server makes me suspect cult mechanics, also.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2024, 11:31:03 pm »

How would you know that players can't win while dead?
Is that not to be automatically assumed in most games?  Nevertheless, web had no way of knowing or not knowing that, and that's one of the things I took mental note of on day 1.
sofanthiel is suspicious. The default win condition for Town in most games is that they win if mafia are eliminated. Their survival is not required to win, and in fact many die before they win with town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2024, 11:35:44 pm »

The fact that we all had to join that server makes me suspect cult mechanics, also.
How so?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2024, 11:36:29 pm »

I would suspect this game started with a normal setup, which means on Day 1 most players were Vanilla Town but 2-3 players were Mafia.

I think it is also fair to say that the role flip for everyone occurred at start of Day 2. 
While the only role anyone can claim is Vanilla Town, I think none of us still have that role. Except maybe webadict who didn't get his new role on account of being dead at the time.
This makes Fallacy's claims less believable then.  If you did nothing but changed roles, then Fallacy should also have switched roles.

Also, I did get a new Vanilla Town role when I was resurrected at the beginning of the Day.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2024, 11:43:54 pm »

I'm not sure to what degree I treat Fallacy's statements of being "Vanilla Town" as a claim.
It seems more like a meme that he adopted at the beginning of the game and will probably keep doing purely to annoy you.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2024, 12:05:26 am »

Claims N1/D2:

Web ressurrected 'by someone, they hope, not the role itself'.  Says has no vote.  Says is quite cursed, says has a new vanilla town role.  Claims can't be scum and has to be at worst 3rd party.
CM targeted TM N1 and removed them from the game.  Note, we have no idea if TM might have successfully done something before going Puff-the-banished-dragon
nqt targeted sof, possibly roleblocked them.  Outstanding questions to nqt about that, mostly from sof.
FoU claims to still be vanilla town and have no night actions, claims to have targeted 'nobody' N1, and to not have a private thread.
Imp targeted sof and tracked them to center of town, then a farm outside of town where Imp found evidence is where sof lives.  Claimed to have no kill action, which sof is asking sof-targeters about.
sof has not claimed intended actions or anything else, but wants to know who targeted them and if the targeter(s) have a kill action, but stated will discuss after nqt answers outstanding questions.
EJ claims not to have targeted anyone N1 and implies nobody probably has their same vanilla town role (so they probably don't)

TM not present, but may have acted before poofing
qua appears quite dead.

I definitely want to hear nqt's answers before D2 ends.  I'd like to hear more from everyone.

If it's true that ressurrected folks have an about 50% chance of coming back anti-town, then it's more likely that web is anti-town than any other, since more than 50% of those not-yet-killed should be town.

Fal's really vague and likely to be vague all game.
sof's playing pretty sensibly and logically, I like that and would love to see that continue all game.
nqt, really want to hear more from that one.  Hasn't said much all game yet.
EJ, liked how they played D1 and D2 is okay too.
CM is odd.  A lot of reaction to other peoples' statements and questions.  Kind of jumping in, not questioning or offering independent thought, instead reacting to what others say. Questioning/challenging/correcting based on 'CM's own ideas'.  Not really sure what to think of that and the goals that seems to represent.
Web seems super defensive to me, and going in many different directions.  Called Fal berzerk, seems a bit frenzied or frantic themself at the moment.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2024, 12:11:13 am »

Were any of those questions?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2024, 12:14:16 am »

Were any of those questions?

Sure.  Who are you asking?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2024, 12:19:12 am »

Sure.  Who are you asking?
"I don't know"'s on third.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2024, 12:27:49 am »

*groan*
@Imp: Please send Maximum Spin a PM asking him to clarify your night results. It seems to me that you saw sof take no action.
However, the Mod can not confirm/discuss your night action in the open, or that would be confirming the validity of your claimed night action (aka cheating).
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 76