Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35499 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 1, start!
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2024, 01:21:37 pm »

Qua also seems to not have, or to have not carefully read, info I as vanilla town know as well.  Unsure how significant that is, but I'll toss it out here as a clue for future days.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2024, 01:24:10 pm »

I can't prove that we're all vanilla town. It's just a theory.

And hey, if web's a jester, let him have his win. I doubt it'll end the game.

I'm still only vanilla town, so I'll be doing nothing during the Night.

webadict.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2024, 01:25:07 pm »

Welp, I did say hammers, so that's that.

God's hand pushes down the sun, and the deacon returns to the village, flanked by a pair of the King's own hangmen. In short order the story comes out: most of you agree that webadict is the evil one, and webadict himself falls at the deacon's feet and confesses; so the deacon nods, passes the only possible sentence, and before dusk is out the hangmen have efficiently carried it out. With a short prayer, webadict's body is hastily buried beneath the gallows, with the others.

The deacon nods at the assembled, if diminished, crowd of onlookers. "You have done well. God surely smiles upon your obedience. I will return again tomorrow." He turns and mounts the ox-cart, followed by his hangers-on, and is soon gone over the hills.

webadict was vanilla town.
Night has fallen. All of you, send me your preferred night targets.

I don't believe there is a ton of debate to be had; this is the only tangible lead I can perceive.
webadict
This post was hammer, jeez. Pay attention.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2024, 01:25:11 pm »

[Redacted due to hammer]
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2024, 01:29:54 pm »

You don't really have to do that, but you can if you want to. Certainly, any posts after hammer shall be disregarded as if they were illegally obtained evidence.

To be clear, all of you send me your preferred night targets. No excuses!

Also, the night won't end until CrystalizedMire registers at the Center, because I missed that that hadn't happened yet.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 02:08:15 pm by Maximum Spin »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Second Dawn
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2024, 05:04:47 pm »

Those of you left alive wake up to another quiet day in the village. Strangely, that includes webadict, who shows up like nothing happened.
Sadly, it does not include Quarque, who lies dead in the street, completely bloodless. As Quarque was the town parson, in charge of protecting you all from the kinds of things that drain people of blood, this is particularly unfortunate. For some of you.

Quarque was:
Parson
Win Condition: You win when all threats to humanity are dead and at least one human is still alive.

(Night) Sanctuary (target): You jailkeep your target, protecting against spiritual threats. If your target would die by mundane means, you die instead. If your target attempted to perform a kill action, you find out; if the kill is one against which this action would not protect, you die.
(Night) Extreme Unction (target): Target a corpse; your target cannot be revived by the actions of others. If your target possesses a natural revival ability, that ability is unaffected.
(1-shot, Night) Silver Bullet (target): You kill your target. Certain beings are vulnerable to silver bullets.

The deacon is nowhere to be seen, but you all feel confident that you will be called upon to make another choice. You have 48 hours, until 5 PM (1700) on January 12, Eastern Standard Time.

Oh yeah, TricMagic is nowhere to be seen either, I totally forgot that on purpose—
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 05:13:07 pm by Maximum Spin »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2024, 05:08:47 pm »

Who resurrected me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2024, 05:09:28 pm »

Also, I would vote TricMagic here, but I have no vote.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2024, 05:10:51 pm »

Perhaps the game resurrected you? Anyways, I targeted TricMagic last night and it said that I removed them from the game, though I can always throw them back later. These are all very vanilla town abilities of course.
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2024, 05:25:11 pm »

Unfortunately, I was under the actual impression that we were all Vanilla Towns, but I believe that notion has changed slightly.  How incredibly super normal.

I'm going to guess that Quarque Sactuary'd TricMagic, who killed them.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2024, 05:51:37 pm »

I think we can nigh definitively conclude that Crystal is not involved in any non-vanilla-town chat, as Spin would've most likely noticed a notable player's absence if said player had to be added to a secret communication channel.
Additionally, who visited me last night?  What were your intentions, and were you aware of the nature of that interaction before proceeding with it?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2024, 06:01:50 pm »

Sofanthiel, we can't conclude that Maximum spin couldn't have forgotten
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2024, 06:03:53 pm »

Also, I think that the bloodsuckers could have their victims return from the dead since Quarque's roleflip implies that revival is a bad thing.
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2024, 06:13:54 pm »

Also, I think that the bloodsuckers could have their victims return from the dead since Quarque's roleflip implies that revival is a bad thing.
I guess vampires do, in most mythoi, go through a revival phase during their transformation period, but that's just fairy tales, right?  Another possibility are ghouls/zombies, whom I jokingly mentioned in the pre-game.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2024, 06:20:48 pm »

50/50 chance for resurrections to turn someone evil in Supernatural. Web is an unknown.

I acted on Sofa blindly. Learned my role in the morning. Turns out I probably roleblocked the whippersnapper. As such, it's unlikely Sofa performed the kill.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 76