Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35446 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 1, start!
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2024, 07:46:47 am »

Are we allowed to NOT claim roles that are NOT Vanilla Town?

This is a very mean setup.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2024, 07:55:38 am »

I think the most optimal way to win is to vote myself Today and have everyone vote TricMagic Tomorrow.

I will not explain why.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2024, 08:09:02 am »

Anyone/Everyone - Does this seem plausible?
I was hesitant to this out loud because we need to hide who might be a doc or cop or something, but in the current setup it probably doesn't matter.
So f it, yeah. I got vanilla town too. (all this talk of vanilla makes me crave an ice cream)

There are a few clues that support your theory.
- the answers Spin gave
- the way my role was worded / presented sounded a little fishy, with a "there is definitely nothing wrong" vibe
- just like the game intro
- a few things that were said on Discord, for example Spin said that Fallacy was promised they wouldn't be scum at the start of the game

However I don't think your theory is exactly right. For one thing, something is going on with Tricmagic.
Really eager to hear what Tric has to say.

P.S.:
I think the most optimal way to win is to vote myself Today and have everyone vote TricMagic Tomorrow.

I will not explain why.
If you can convince me you're not some sort of jester I will vote you too.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2024, 08:14:05 am »

I am, thankfully, vanilla town.

It's kinda refreshing after an endless streak of high-powered mafia roles.

I will vote webadict because he scares me.

Fal, if you had the choice between being a revealed Mayor and, well, everyone seems to think you're always scum, so let's say 'not revealed, and possibly not mayor', which would you prefer, and why?

I'd take being the revealed Mayor. However, I cannot be a revealed Mayor, as I am vanilla town, so the question is possibly irrelevant.

Did I mention that I'm vanilla town? It's amazing. Genuinely amazing.
Not engaging with this Fallacy. Also, we can apparently be revealed Mayor as Vanilla Town. Bastard game. Or Surprise on a box.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2024, 08:16:35 am »

Okay, cool, it's 100% TricMagic.

webadict, either this game is unwinnable for me or it isn't, but if I stay alive, TricMagic is unkillable.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2024, 08:19:02 am »

I didn't ask you anything because you don't need encouragement to talk.

I expected Fallacy and Euchre to continue their line and wanted to see it play out.

Now again I beg you, give those five people a chance to talk before you bury the thread in more posts. Last game it became impossible for people to reread everything.
Imp hasn't even started with his walls Quarque the dog, why do you want people to be quiet in a game with no set end day 1?

Hi webadict. Thanks I guess?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2024, 08:21:50 am »

Imp hasn't even started with his walls Quarque the dog, why do you want people to be quiet in a game with no set end day 1?
Any chance you will answer my question to you first? Or did you miss it? First post of the game.

Also what's wrong with Fallacy, I'm all ears. Explain.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2024, 08:24:32 am »

Fallacy, I'd ask one question of you. But I don't expect a proper answer. Why are you trying to condition us to think you're town? Without any type of hunting questions in your quiver? And yes, that's two questions.

Ninja. I have no clue. Webadict apparently does have a clue. And apparently me making sense in first post is a scum tell, despite the fact that... Well, I'd say Fallacy is always scum, but I recognize am intention method to avoid questions. And/or the fact they're activelurking during the random voting stage. Seriously, why?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2024, 08:29:30 am »

To webadict, a question. How do I act when I don't have any special powers, other than being unlynchable? Apparently.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2024, 08:35:13 am »

To webadict, a question. How do I act when I don't have any special powers, other than being unlynchable? Apparently.
Idk, vibes?  We're not voting Fallacy, though.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2024, 08:41:55 am »

Someone has to be voted out though, if not them, who?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2024, 09:01:51 am »

I already have an answer for that.  Me.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2024, 09:11:03 am »

@Sofanthiel: did you read your role or are you going to not read it again?
I just checked the Discord server to ensure that people aren't reliant on me for communication and cooperation.  I can, however, confirm that I'm definitely vanilla town.

sof, if you could give someone a boon this game, who and why?
Besides me?  Anyone that isn't Tric (who already has an advantage, and being unlynchable does from afar look like a not-so-vanilla-town power) is equal in my eyes.

how are you going to up your scum game this time?
Time pausing on the weekends is in and of itself helpful to me as either vanilla town or... well, there isn't really an "or" here, is there?

I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2024, 09:18:03 am »

Also, Max, does everything you say have to be infallibly factual?  Could Tric, hypothetically, have a role that simply makes you state the following?
TricMagic is ineligible to be lynched this day.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2024, 09:36:27 am »

I'm not convinced, Tric. You quoted the post from Fallacy where he voted web before voting him, I don't like that. You should know that Fallacy is almost certainly speaking the truth today, the GM even confirmed it on Discord as I said. Maybe you missed that, but then again Fallacy did not respond to pressure like scum!Fal does.
You seem all focused on preventing votes on web to protect yourself and throwing out some half-assed vote. You even said literally to web:

I don't like the vibe of that at all.

Don't want to risk hammers, so unless there is a drastic development I will vote webadict when the deadline gets close and vote you tomorrow if I'm still alive.

I really wanted to hear from a few other folks like you first.
The day does have a set end, by the way. It will last 48 hours, unless someone is super slow to join the Discord channel.

Imp, thank you for holding back a little for a moment, anything you wanted to discuss? How many scum do you expect there to be based on everything we know so far? I think that Tric can convert people to scum and we have 7 vanilla town today, but maybe we need to expect one additional scum player at the start?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 76