Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh. My. God.  (Read 852 times)

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oh. My. God.
« on: December 18, 2007, 04:46:00 am »

Since hearing that the ambushes have been fixed for 33f, i've yet to have made a new fortress since generating a new world specially for it. instead, i have been wandering around in adventure mode.

At first i found myself getting irritated by ambushes as wolves where costing me a lot of ammo, then i found myself charging them with my Bronze Scimitar before sneaking into the local goblin spire to steal some arrows after arranging an accident with the local bowmen and a thrown scimitar.

Then, i was ambushed by a pack of skeletal and zombie wolves.

I also ran into some goblin migrants and chased them around putting arrows in them, along with some kobold ones getting the same treatment shortly after.

Just now, i was ambushed while heading towards the next migrant group and a pack of ice wolves ambushed me, as i was getting to them. This had me irritated as i thought that i'd be delayed butchering more cowardly migrants.

This was not the case.

I'm surrounded by goblin migrants, who're fleeing from me while a pack of ice wolves savage them.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Oh. My. God.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 12:11:00 pm »

I've had an elf spearman ripped to shreds by a particularly lucky pack of ice wolves, after continually doing nothing but slaughtering wolves and ice wolves in the wilderness for a week. I got around 50 total, plus two kobolds and two cougars, before getting mobbed.

I'm beginning to think that this game needs a Survival mode. Not the usual kind of survival in DF, but more like Crimsonland, where you spawn in the center of a map and get assaulted by waves upon waves of prograssively stronger and more numerous enemies. Once magic, or at least alchemy, is in, this would be perfect for entertainment between fortresses. "Magic or alchemy" is for something area-effect to avoid being mobbed TOO quickly.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India