Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: A Mischief of Birbs: Forgotten in the Night: Mafia Victory  (Read 8789 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Mischief of Birbs: Day 1 - Scatterbrains in the Trees (6/6)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2023, 09:51:48 am »

Hammers are in effect.

Clarify please, how many to hammer?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2023, 09:54:40 am »

4 as there are 6.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2023, 10:12:39 am »

sofanthiel: Your feathers change color.  Do you deal with that or keep seeking the shiny?

What reason would I have to hide our shinities?  Out of everyone, my wings are the muddiest from the work I do around here; if I wanted the glistening fruits of that labor all for myself, I'd have left the flock many moons ago.  Spin has been slacking, wasting precious time preening in the central fountain.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2023, 11:11:52 am »

Wow!  Vote pressure works?

Let me reward you, buddy bird, muddy bird.

Hecter13  What do you think of sof not OMGUSing me, and me cooperating as well by switching my vote immediately off of sof?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2023, 11:35:00 am »

Also, everyone.

I didn't think I'd see reason to do this.  But....

... I also didn't think I'd get to see a way to break the game for a certain town win.

Everyone, even mafia, has an inspect, right?

What if we, all 6 of us, make a plan and agree not to break it.

Person A inspects person B, all the way down.

A full circle, we as a team decide and agree.  If we do this, we need everyone to not freak out, not panic, not change their mind.

If you disagree, discuss and discuss fast, because I don't think we have extends but I think I have a 100% sure town win plan.

In this, I'm already probably failing my prime directive, to play with this and also Tric's direction:

Just have fun with it, don't take it too seriously.

But what if we don't lynch today, unless we as a group really wanna.  But plan it out either way.  And have a chain inspection, let's follow the order of Tric's list of players.

A Certain Magpie's Deduction List.
Imp
Egan_BW
Maximum Spin
Crystalizedmire
Hecter13
sofanthiel

So, I would inspect Egan, Egan inspect Max ... sof would inspect me.

If anyone's inactive, we lynch that person.  If one person alone refuses the plan, we lynch that person.

Otherwise, if I'm town and I get a town inspect on my target, I say so D2, if I'm alive to.  Otherwise, I say I get a scum inspect.

Scum can say anything they want.  Scum probably can nightkill.  D2 might be slightly confusing, but at worst, we have someone dead, and two players possibly reporting a scum result:

the real scum reporting their target was town but died (or died so no result from inspect, but roleflip shows town), or reporting their target is scum.

the town that lived to inspect that real scum, reporting 'I have a scum result'.

The person that the dead person should have inspected, no report from.

We need to 100% ensure we all inspect, and all inspect who we agree to, and all agree to report honestly D2, all who live to.

Presuming N1 kill, we have 5 alive D2, and 2 suspects.  If everyone alive reports they inspected someone who is town, then we can tell that the person whose intended inspector died is scum, and all town self-confirmed and scum said town honestly too, we kill the person who didn't get inspected.

If we have 1 or 2 people reporting scum - it's more complicated but there's still a plan of 100% for sure town wins.

If 1 person reports 'I found scum' and their inspector lived to report the 1 person as town, hang the named scum.  There is no scum team, scum works alone.

If 1 person reports 'I found scum' and their inspector did not live to report the 1 person as town, we have only 2 possible scum, person 1 and the person that person 1 names as scum.  We can decide which order to lynch, but we must not falter, discuss today any confusion or problems, because this plan needs to follow exactly.

If 2 people report 'I found scum', one of those two is scum.  This can happen if scum does not have a night kill, or chooses not to use it.

How to handle if we have two scum targets D2:

We have 5 alive (presuming there is a N1 kill.  We discuss which of the two to kill.  Let's say we accidently decide on the townie.  We kill town, going into N2 with 4 alive.  Scum is identified, and kills N2.

D3, 3 alive.  1 is confirmed scum.  Lynch and town win.

Therefore, we MUST not lynch D1 unless we have someone who won't follow plan.  Plan ensures town win, can anyone see a flaw other than someone inactive or refusing?  Because if we lynch D1 and it's not scum, we go into N1 with 5 alive, if there is a NK then D2 4 alive with 2 marked as 'scum must be one of these two'.  One hangs, if wrong, that's game over.

Also, we need everyone active.  A single inactive kills this plan, or at least complicates it to the point it goes from '100% no escape for scum, town win' to 'town may win'.

Anyone see any flaws?  Anyone want to discuss changes?  Anyone wanna protest?

Discussion is essential for town.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2023, 11:59:35 am »

The daisy chain's even tighter than I realized.

Let's imagine Egan is scum, I just need someone to be to explain this more clearly, it works no matter who and where.

I am supposed to inspect Egan.  Egan is supposed to inspect Max.

ONEOF [If Egan doesn't night kill me, I am going to report Egan inspects as scum.  Egan is maybe going to NK someone.... let's say Egan NK sof.

I didn't get inspected.  I inspect Egan and report he is scum.  Egan maybe says Max is town, or says Max is scum.  Either path leads to scum loss, because:

If Egan reports Max is town, then ONEOF {Imp is scum, NKed sof to avoid inspect, and lies about Egan being scum} OR
If Egan reports Max is town, then OTHER {Imp is town, honest about Egan being scum, and Egan NK sof to ensure confusion about Imp}

Either way, we have 5 alive, and oneof {Imp or Egan} is scum, and we have a survivable mislynch and NK for N2.] OR

OTHER [If Egan does night kill me, Egan does not get an inspect report.  This moves Egan to Imp's role in the ONEOF above, and moves Imp to sof's NK role in that ONEOF.  Lynching Egan or whomever Egan says is scum ensures town wins before we run out of townies]

CRAZY1 (If Egan-scum decides to go off Imp's plan, then Egan NK's someone else, let's say Max.  Egan says 'I'm town, but my inspect target's town and dead' - That means sof lived to investigate me, and sof says Imp is town.  So scum has to be Egan.  Imp as town should not lie.  sof as town should honestly report Imp is town.  I see no way for Egan to use CRAZY1 and not die as scum)

CRAZY2 ((If Egan-scum decides to go off Imp's plan, then Egan NK's someone else, let's say Hecter13.  Egan says 'I'm town, and my inspect target Max is town, Imp must be scum because Imp is lying about my being scum - however sof lived and inspected Imp, and sof says Imp is town.  I see no way for Egan to use CRAZY2 and not die as scum)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2023, 12:09:04 pm »

I am supposed to inspect Egan.  Egan is supposed to inspect Max.

ONEOF [If Egan doesn't night kill me, I am going to report Egan inspects as scum.  Egan is maybe going to NK someone.... let's say Egan NK sof.

I didn't get inspected.  I inspect Egan and report he is scum.  Egan maybe says Max is town, or says Max is scum.  Either path leads to scum loss, because:

If Egan reports Max is town, then ONEOF {Imp is scum, NKed sof to avoid inspect, and lies about Egan being scum} OR
If Egan reports Max is town, then OTHER {Imp is town, honest about Egan being scum, and Egan NK sof to ensure confusion about Imp}

I see I forgot to explain the alternate path:

I didn't get inspected because Egan-scum NKed sof.  I inspect Egan and report he is scum.

If Egan reports Max is scum, we have two players reporting someone is scum and it's not each other (Imp says Egan, Egan says Max).  One of the two reporters is town and honestly reporting, but the other reporter lies.  So ignore who is reported and focus on who is reporting, one of the two reporting is really the real scum, and it really could be either but must be one of the two reporters.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2023, 12:22:14 pm »

And I'll be the first to bring up this entire alternative plan, though this alternative plan is a plan harmful for town, though maybe good 'for the game'.

If we as a group decide that we don't want to 'exploit' this utter flaw, then let's acknowledge it, agree if we think it's foolproof or not, but say we don't want to follow it, we want to play instead and the plan, while a very clear and strong town win, also 'kills the game with the scum' in a very procedural way.

... I'm a newbie of sorts.  I've never had a procedural town win.  I don't mind one now.

Presuming we consider this alternative plan of 'yeah, but let's just not!' -

Imp votes Do plan do plan do plan let's get a town win!!!!!

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2023, 12:29:33 pm »

Sounds like a plan to me!  Unless Tric decides to spice things up (or already has), we're golden... Get it?

I'll just lay this out because somebody has to eventually:
sofanthiel -> Max -> Imp -> hector -> Egan -> Crystal -> sofanthiel, once again.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2023, 12:31:04 pm »

Sounds like a plan to me!  Unless Tric decides to spice things up (or already has), we're golden... Get it?

I'll just lay this out because somebody has to eventually:
sofanthiel -> Max -> Imp -> hector -> Egan -> Crystal -> sofanthiel, once again.
You assume that plan will work Imp. Or that I won't buff mafia to counter it. (Cause I will. Even if it's bastard, the idea of the game is to deduce the killer. Not abuse the mechanics until mafia gives up day 1. Hard enough for them already.)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2023, 12:33:23 pm »

You assume that plan will work Imp. Or that I won't buff mafia to counter it. (Cause I will. Even if it's bastard, the idea of the game is to deduce the killer. Not abuse the mechanics until mafia gives up day 1. Hard enough for them already.)

Bows deeply.

I point out by mod stepping in and removing any possibility that this is a player ploy, that:

1) imp's probably right
2) we are mod requested not to do this
3) imp will go stand in the corner now
4) imp's not sure what to do next

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2023, 12:35:42 pm »

Not that the plan would even work as is. All of you are Trackers, so the mafia can just no-kill. (But that's boring anyway.) Just ends in an endless standoff until someone snaps.

Bows deeply.

I point out by mod stepping in and removing any possibility that this is a player ploy, that:

1) imp's probably right
2) we are mod requested not to do this
3) imp will go stand in the corner now
4) imp's not sure what to do next
Ninja. It's a good plan mechanically. Not so much realistically. The fact everyone is a Tracker is known knowledge. Let's not needlessly extend the days?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2023, 12:39:59 pm »

I say we stick to Imp's idea for tonight; there's still much we can gain from this ourobirdos inspection, even if the result is a day of confusing !!FUN!!  That's what this game is all about, remember?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2023, 12:40:23 pm »

Not that the plan would even work as is. All of you are Trackers, so the mafia can just no-kill. (But that's boring anyway.) Just ends in an endless standoff until someone snaps.

No sir or ma'am.

I believe there would be no standoff, if all players did that now dropped at your will plan.

If mafia does not NK N1, and we did not D1 lynch, then D2 would start with 6 players alive and 6 players presumably reporting inspection results.

If every player reports 'I inspected a townie' then clearly, we don't resume that nonfunctional circle.

If you didn't clarify how you altered the inspects for some or all of us, then we can't understand what to do, and would muddle through.

But I don't think we're threadworms, to get into a permanent wandering loop until we die of starvation.  We'd change based on evidence.

Also if you didn't clarify how the inspects worked and we followed that plan as I described but you have changed how inspects work, then following my plan would lead surely to a town loss.

But because you have spoken up, no matter what that plan should not be followed now.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2023, 12:42:22 pm »

I say we stick to Imp's idea for tonight; there's still much we can gain from this ourobirdos inspection, even if the result is a day of confusing !!FUN!!  That's what this game is all about, remember?

So new plan.  I'm sorry, sof, you gave yourself away.  I'm glad you're gold though, I hope you enjoy it for the little time you have left.

Does everyone else see the reveal, or should I explain it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16