Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Cardhood - First Expansion is now a thing!  (Read 13601 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cardhood - Updates a quantity of times daily!
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2023, 11:16:59 am »

THE OWL DEMANDS MORE RATIONING! - Owl priest to the groans of everyone.
The luck of gods is as fickle as their desires. You're in a pretty safe spot, honestly. No clue on the effect of my latest card yet, and being 2 star might be a while.
Rationing is fairly useful for keeping stockpiles up early game. If I get a research card before you do will probably gift it to you given you've stockpiled a good amount of RP. And yes, the Owl demands you not waste food when possible~

Although I'm in a generally weird spot overall with my god cards, with 2 havens and no base terrain card. If I ever pull a migration should I abandon my safe havens? Most terrains haven't seemed to be that great, not sure if it's worth it. Maybe grasslands would be if I was lucky enough to draw it. From the cards we've seen it looks a bit better then the forest.
I'm in a similar spot. But i actually need to get a forest or another terrain which can produce wood. For reasons i won't disclose yet. Although, if i get a grasslands, i'll settle down there for a while until i get my population built up. And i'll do my Migration as soon as i get the card, so i might need a new Safe Haven at some point, Tric.

Oh, Supernerd, you didn't answer the question i asked in the PM regarding how Owlsong interacts with Migration. If no ruling is made, i will play according to the rules most favorable to me... In other words, in my world, activating Owlsong does allow labor-costing actions to be played together with Migration. Although, i suppose i could just activate Owlsong before playing Migration to get a 1-labor action in beforehand. The whole question in fact might be moot, as it doesn't matter. If Owlsong reduces a card's labor cost to 0, it requires no labor to play, even if Migration eats all of it.

Also i'm surprised there's no Desert, Savanna, Taiga or Swamp terrain cards. :P
Owlsong reduces the labor of the next card you play by 1. So Migration would be [All -1]. It doesn't grant labor, but reduces it. That would be my interpretation. And yeah, something that costs no Labor to play doesn't matter for the interpretation. Owlsong is a pretty useful card huh.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2023, 11:27:00 am »

Owlsong is a pretty useful card huh.
Insanely so. But it is balanced by it's rather expensive upkeep. Either a food per turn or a supporting terrain card. I'm guessing the intent is that one terrain card can support one Owlsong card, otherwise it would be beyond broken lol.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2023, 11:31:37 am »

Yeah, no shade rationing is good, just funny that I've gotten so many.

Aywen did give me a reproduction too though, so I'm wondering how that interaction works, if I rationing first, will it work? Or will it's effect be broken by the reproduction?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2023, 11:33:55 am »

Owlsong is a pretty useful card huh.
Insanely so. But it is balanced by it's rather expensive upkeep. Either a food per turn or a supporting terrain card. I'm guessing the intent is that one terrain card can support one Owlsong card, otherwise it would be beyond broken lol.
That was the initial idea yeah. Might ask Supernerd if how it's written changes that. And 1 food per turn isn't a huge price given that's how much regular workers eat. But free animal labor~

Yeah, no shade rationing is good, just funny that I've gotten so many.

Aywen did give me a reproduction too though, so I'm wondering how that interaction works, if I rationing first, will it work? Or will it's effect be broken by the reproduction?
Ask Supernerd I guess.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2023, 11:40:48 am »

That was the initial idea yeah. Might ask Supernerd if how it's written changes that. And 1 food per turn isn't a huge price given that's how much regular workers eat. But free animal labor~
Considering how hard i'm struggling with food. To me, it is rather expensive, and i'm grateful for it being able to subside off a terrain card instead. Imagine having to support 6 pop with 5-card draws... bleh.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2023, 01:16:42 pm »

The Black Owl thanks The Sixth Pack. But in light of current events, feels the Torkal need help to rise up out of their current equilibrium. A third Haven would be nice, but you're doing well for yourselves with the hunting. I gift you draw power instead. The extra draws will likely do you well.
It's for the best probably, as Safe Haven requires discarding a card, and I can only discard so many cards per turn.
Also Aywen thanks for the Research Project. Been looking for that for a while although I'll need to go scientist to actually get something out of it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2023, 03:28:09 pm »

Gain 1 food and 1 science from favor of aywen
Play Survival, gain 2 food
Play Sacrifice to Dragon using labour, gain 4 food and destroy favour of Aywen
Play Lucky Opportunity gain 1 food

Allocate 1 science to Research Project
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Card(s) that stick:

(Kill the beast)(Subject: Symbiosis)(Science: 4)
End Turn
she/her

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2023, 05:31:55 pm »

Oh, Supernerd, you didn't answer the question i asked in the PM regarding how Owlsong interacts with Migration.

Alright here's my ruling. Migration would cost all but one Civilians to use.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2023, 05:39:11 pm »

What amount of science will Research Project be discarded at?
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2023, 05:50:29 pm »

That's probably dependent on the subject.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2023, 05:52:22 pm »

Oh, I should mention that the "Dark Experimentation" card does not actually permit you to manually allocate science to it. It has to be scienced using the card's actual effect.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2023, 06:04:10 pm »

Oh, I should mention that the "Dark Experimentation" card does not actually permit you to manually allocate science to it. It has to be scienced using the card's actual effect.
You inna bad mood or something today? Fine, i'm happy to refund myself the 4 science i spent on it thus far...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2023, 06:11:50 pm »

I have no idea why you think I would be in a bad mood. If I were, it would probably be because Remnant of Hope died, leaving me gameless.

Dark Experimentation lacks the "During your turn you may allocate any number of science to this card" effect that Research Project has. I only noticed that it was being used incorrectly when I saw the PM indicating that four points were allocated to it, which should be impossible.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2023, 06:18:06 pm »

Hey, mortals, anyone in the mood to travel?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2023, 06:20:15 pm »

Hey, mortals, anyone in the mood to travel?
I'm guessing you got a Migration too?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30