Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79225 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (5 / 18) - Day 6 - Final Exam
« Reply #3000 on: January 03, 2024, 11:48:37 pm »

Alright, Crystalizedmire has been offline for twenty minutes, so I'm going to revoke being polite and asking for her opinion because I am impatient.

ToonyMan, cast your vote.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: January 03, 2024, 11:49:42 pm »

I think it's Lenglon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: January 03, 2024, 11:49:49 pm »

Unvote
To the mafia: I stacked the deck for you as best as I could. You know what to do tonight. Also, I'm disappointed in your kill selections. You should never have allowed this type of endgame. NQT was never the right kill, you needed the confirmed town (Hector) dead.

Lenglon tosses her laptop to the floor, sending it open-faced skidding into the middle of the room and abandoning it so that any who care can look through her collection of utilities, and walks to the door.
"You get one last chance mafia, make it count. You could have done much better with your kill selection, but I've sown all the lies I could, set the stage as best I could. You know what to do from here."
and proceeds to exit the stage.

Lenglon
Good luck maf.
That's hammer.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: January 03, 2024, 11:50:15 pm »

*gasp*
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: January 03, 2024, 11:54:59 pm »

Unvote
To the mafia: I stacked the deck for you as best as I could. You know what to do tonight. Also, I'm disappointed in your kill selections. You should never have allowed this type of endgame. NQT was never the right kill, you needed the confirmed town (Hector) dead.

Lenglon tosses her laptop to the floor, sending it open-faced skidding into the middle of the room and abandoning it so that any who care can look through her collection of utilities, and walks to the door.
"You get one last chance mafia, make it count. You could have done much better with your kill selection, but I've sown all the lies I could, set the stage as best I could. You know what to do from here."
and proceeds to exit the stage.

Lenglon
Good luck maf.
That's hammer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQeezCdF4mk

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: January 03, 2024, 11:55:20 pm »

Scary ghost 'steam' noises
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: January 03, 2024, 11:58:14 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Crystalizedmire (0):
hector13 (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (3): hector13, ToonyMan, Lenglon
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

3 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (2): Jim Groovester, Jim Groovester

Two votes rest heavy on Lenglon's shoulders. With a tired, but determined smile, she pulls out her own vote token and flicks it into the air, where it lands on her skull.

Her life shatters like a broken dream.

Lenglon was executed. Lenglon was Mafia-Ally.

Shy Hacker Kid (Mafia-Ally)
(Auto) Mafia Fan Club: You run the Mafia Fan Club! Population... one. When you would be Mafiakilled, your alignment changes to Mafia, and the kill fails. Also, your role changes to “Certified Radical Hacker”.
(Night) White Hat [target]: You have no idea what you’re doing! You hack your target’s computer and gather information. You learn whether your target is part of a private chat, as well as who they visited this Night.
(Night) Black Hat [target]: This feels pretty iffy! You hack your target’s computer and deploy malware. Any actions that your target uses this Night are Disabled at the end of the Night, until the end of the next Night. You also learn the names of the Disabled actions.
(Reference, Role) Certified Radical Hacker:
(1-Shot, Mafiakill, Night) Mafia Fan Club [target]: You recruit for the Mafia Fan Club. If your target is Town, their alignment changes to be an Ally of your own alignment.
(Night) White Hat [target]: You know exactly what you’re doing. You learn your target’s alignment, who they visited this Night, and who they intended to visit this Night.
(Night) Black Hat [target]: You’ll do anything to accomplish your goals. Any actions that your target attempts to use this Night are immediately Disabled until the end of the next Night. You also learn the names and descriptions of those actions.

Four left.

Night 6 has started. Night 6 ends at 11 PM Central time, Thursday January 4th - or sooner if y'all end me your actions Right Now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (4 / 18) - Night 6 - Final Four
« Reply #3007 on: January 04, 2024, 10:10:16 am »

"Oh? You're approaching me? Wait, did I read this situation all wrong?"

Jim Groovester stares down Crystalizedmire. hector13 is shouting "Esteemed Toonyman, won't you listen to the wonders of the Esteemed?" and other meaningless soliloquies in ToonyMan's ears, while he's busy, somehow, operating on himself to remove his exhaustion.

Click.

Crystalizedmire pulls out the Mafiakill. "You fool. Never thought I could double action, did you? I'm a Divided Colony. This is the end for you, Jim!"

Jim Groovester smiles.

Crystalizedmire holds the Mafiakill up, and levels it with Jim Groovester. One shot's fired. Jim's smile twists into a knowing smirk, even as he dies.

Jim Groovester was killed. Jim Groovester was Town.

The terribly ironic role of somebody who only joined because other players asked him to (Town)
(Innate, Auto) Wait, Who’s This Guy: Maybe not who you had in mind. You are alignment-confirmed as Town to REDACTED. Additionally, your alignment cannot change, and you share a private chat with them. If you die, the player name of your partner will be REDACTED in your roleflip.
(1-Shot, Day) The Best Defense [target]: Is a good offense. At the start of the game, you publicly reveal this action and the fact that you have it. If your target is voting for you, you kill your target.
(Night) The Second Best Defense [target]: Is completely disregarding someone. Your target cannot target you this Night, and you steal their natural vote for the duration of the next Day.
(1-Shot, Auto) The Third Best Defense: Is the threat of mass destruction. If you die, all players with ‘Attached Bomb’ are killed.
(Reference, Status) Attached Bomb: It’s a bomb! Might explode at some point.

Crystalizedmire smirks. "Now to deal with the rest of you... wait, what's the Third Best Defense?" Then the bomb attached to her explodes.

Crystalizedmire was killed. Crystalizedmire was Mafia.

Carpenter Ant (Mafia)
(Auto) Divided Colony: As a multitude of carpenter ants, you aren’t limited by conventional conceptions of action and location. You may take one additional action per phase.
(Auto / Night) Infestation [target]: You burrow into the structure of your target’s residence. A random valid non-Infested action they possess becomes Infested, if possible. Whenever an Infested action is used, you learn the full details of that action.
(Mafiakill, Night) Hostile Takeover [target]: Your particular colony is a bit more industrious than normal ants tend to be. If every non-Innate action your target possesses is Infested, you kill them, then gain non-Infested copies of every Infested action they possessed.
(Reference, Modifier) Infested: Whenever this action is used, another non-Infested, non-Innate action you possess becomes Infested if possible.

Game Over. Town wins.

By the way, if hector's randomize made Toony target CM instead of targeting Toony himself, we'd instead be going into Day 7 right now, with Toony having no vote.

Crystalizedmire (CM) would just have been killed by Toony on Night 7, but with a slightly different action selection for Night 6, as well as Toony getting randomized to CM, CM could have Jim's First Best and Second Best Defense stolen, and at that point, Mafia would probably win.

So till the very end, there was still a chance.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead
« Reply #3008 on: January 04, 2024, 10:17:05 am »

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: January 04, 2024, 10:19:12 am »

Jim getting as many kills as Mafia did. GG all, I did absolutely nothing and still won. So lines up with Morally Dubious Dragon.
200 pages.. Geeze.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: January 04, 2024, 10:20:04 am »

ToonyMan why mason kill

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: January 04, 2024, 10:24:14 am »

ToonyMan why mason kill
He was sooooo set on Pirates that I had no other reason but to expect he was Mafia.  I have no idea what his role is that would make him think that.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: January 04, 2024, 10:24:46 am »

I had the perfect alibi...
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: January 04, 2024, 10:35:15 am »

Did you?  ToonyMan's action was confirmed on N5 with the death of EP.

Also, way to go, Jim and hector, you did it!  You stopped the bad guys!  Nothing else matters!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: January 04, 2024, 10:37:47 am »

Did you?  ToonyMan's action was confirmed on N5 with the death of EP.
My planned alibi was to infest one of the townies since I can take two actions. My plan was to keep it a secret that I can do two actions so I can kill town before they realize.
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 207