Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79257 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (5 / 18) - Day 6 - Final Exam
« Reply #2985 on: January 03, 2024, 11:26:33 pm »

So when EP and I were talking about how the possibility of a second scum team was low because of meta reasons about the second scum team rules and our conversations with Fallacy in mason chat, why didn't that sink in?

Particularly the part where we mentioned Fallacy would have confirmed the existence of a second scum team to both scum teams at the start of the game, and that BHK didn't seem to conclusively know there was a second?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: January 03, 2024, 11:29:36 pm »

Somebody try to convince me there's a universe where Imp's inspect on hector13 could somehow be false. I don't think this is possible, and the answers to my questions to Fallacy about it in mason chat point to that being the case, but, permit me a moment of paranoia here.
I highly highly doubt Hector is scum.

So when EP and I were talking about how the possibility of a second scum team was low because of meta reasons about the second scum team rules and our conversations with Fallacy in mason chat, why didn't that sink in?
Maybe but it's not 99.9% proof (unlike Hector's town inspect). I couldn't risk a scenario where you and Elephant were Pirates and could possibly have vote majority today. I don't really know how your votes work. I was thinking if you got to 3 votes for today and Elephant was here with 1 vote then you'd have 4 votes total and with one death there's 6 players total, so you'd be able to quickhammer win after killing me on N5 (I had claimed my kill so you'd kill me last night). I was going to try to kill you originally, but then I was afraid Elephant would roleblock my kill and this outcome would happen regardless, so I targeted Elephant instead after asking FoU what the interaction would look like and them telling me it would come down to RNG.

I felt forced to make this decision because Imp died. I have claimed my kill. The person who killed Kitten has not because they are scum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: January 03, 2024, 11:31:49 pm »

hector13: confirmed town via super inspect, still suspicious.

I know man

It's a BYOR

Cut me a liiiiittle slack

I don’t know whether to take it as a compliment or an insult :p

(Auto) Don’t Worry About It: You cannot gain status conditions, change alignment, join any private chats, have your action targets changed, gain abilities, lose abilities, or have abilities modified. If you successfully alignment inspect someone, your result cannot be distorted from reality. The sole exception to these conditions is that Contractual Niceness can Disable this ability.

Emphasis mine. Cannot is an absolute, and the game isn’t bastard, so I’d be inclined to say no, but I’m biased and also aware that there have been quite a few people who can pierce protects in the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: January 03, 2024, 11:32:27 pm »

Also pierce things like my kill immunity that I have as yet been unable to gift to anyone.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: January 03, 2024, 11:34:23 pm »

Particularly the part where we mentioned Fallacy would have confirmed the existence of a second scum team to both scum teams at the start of the game, and that BHK didn't seem to conclusively know there was a second?

I read that post. It's a convincing argument but I don't think it's as convincing as something like a superinspect. I know Kitten was quoting players from deadchat which Elephant was using as evidence, but...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: January 03, 2024, 11:37:01 pm »

Alright.

I'm pretty iffy on your reasoning but there's no need to belabor it.

I think I'm ready to vote. I will vote last for the hammer.

Lenglon? Crystalizedmire? Anybody else want to say anything?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: January 03, 2024, 11:38:15 pm »

Anybody else want to say anything?

I am entirely available to quickly end the Day and process Night actions.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: January 03, 2024, 11:39:58 pm »

Hector and Jim are 100% confirmed town, Toony, as I said, doesn't have a groupchat, and I of course confirm myself. So does anyone mind if I toss my vote on Crystal here for obvious reasons?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: January 03, 2024, 11:40:11 pm »

I'm not likely to be scum unless I'm with Lenglon since they have a "not in group chat" result on me from N2 (which Imp most likely saw) and NQT's action shows me visting Imp on N3 (which was me protecting them). I've also killed on N5 the same night as someone else dying with a SK already dead so I'm not sure what other evidence there is in terms of harder evidence.

And I'm not likely with Lenglon because I think they're lying and scum and killed Kitten.

Alright.

I'm pretty iffy on your reasoning but there's no need to belabor it.
That has been my entire existence this game. Iffy reasoning that is.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: January 03, 2024, 11:41:23 pm »

Hector and Jim are 100% confirmed town, Toony, as I said, doesn't have a groupchat, and I of course confirm myself. So does anyone mind if I toss my vote on Crystal here for obvious reasons?

I will allow you to do this, fully aware that there could be complete BYOR bullshit nonsense that could instantly lose me the game if I do so.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: January 03, 2024, 11:41:37 pm »

Esteemed Lenglon for me.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: January 03, 2024, 11:42:53 pm »

CrystalizedMire
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: January 03, 2024, 11:44:08 pm »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: January 03, 2024, 11:44:25 pm »

Crystalizedmire, I know you don't have a vote, but please state your thoughts about what choices we can make that win the game.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: January 03, 2024, 11:45:34 pm »

No, I don't completely trust you, ToonyMan, but if the game ends, I'll find out whether I should have, and if the game continues, well, I'll have to think about that in more detail.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 207