Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80219 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2805 on: January 02, 2024, 05:01:18 pm »

D4, excuse me, not D3.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: January 02, 2024, 05:03:44 pm »

Well the major things happening were Esteemed Maximum Spin chatting about claims and such, and I had just presented Esteemed The Canadian kitten as an alternative. Esteemed The Canadian kitten did clear Esteemed Secretdorf on D3, but I don’t think they’re a team.

Esteemed Secretdorf is as certainly town from Esteemed The Canadian kitten's inspect as Esteemed hector13 is certainly serial killer from Esteemed The Canadian kitten's inspect.

From that evidence, neither can be determined, both are 'maybe'.

From my results I know Esteemed hector13 is in fact town.

I do not at this time know what alignment Esteemed Secretdorf is.  It could be town.  That's not certain.  At all.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: January 02, 2024, 05:04:17 pm »

Well the major things happening were Esteemed Maximum Spin chatting about claims and such, and I had just presented Esteemed The Canadian kitten as an alternative. Esteemed The Canadian kitten did clear Esteemed Secretdorf on D3, but I don’t think they’re a team.
I guess? But had anyone moved his vote off of him?

See, Esteemed Maximum Spin may or may not be town.  I do not know.  I don't value his role in this game over mine.  I've been pleased by his play, cycle after cycle.  I accept and embrace him and his playstyle, even if I don't fully agree or actually trust him.  I also evaluate him as one of the key and core players here, facing the same risks of us all.

And I remember how he fought for Esteemed EuchreJack's life, D1.

I made a promise to play fair this game, no matter what.

I will carry that promise for all my life.  Somehow, Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist managed, without having ever played in a game with me, without my ever having openly displayed where I know he can see, he nailed so much of what I want in what he gave me this game, and he gave me open invitation to show him the rest.

I accept and embrace that offer.  There may or may not be future games, I tell him with every letter typed, every choice made, what the depth of my dreams really are.  If there's a next season, a sequel?  Oh yeah.  I play for that as well as a town win.

There's a lot of ways to play fair, which I promised before I was given anything but an invitation.  And I genuinely don't know if I have one life or two to give for town this game, as things have gone.

I'm not the only player here.  Let's see what happens next, shall we?
I continue to find your personal-attachment-over-gameplay-benefit playstyle difficult to work with but OK, I guess.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: January 02, 2024, 05:05:16 pm »

when I finally get to use deadchat it's going to be beyond interesting.

Dorf: No, seriously, sell me on why I should vote Imp with you. I might go ahead and do it.

Imp: What part of "If dorf were scum town already lost" do you not understand?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: January 02, 2024, 05:06:55 pm »

Imp: What part of "If dorf were scum town already lost" do you not understand?
I don't see how this is true. Even if they had enough votes to hammer, there would still be the possibility of nightkilling them. Am I misunderstanding your argument?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: January 02, 2024, 05:07:24 pm »

Esteemed Secretdorf is as certainly town from Esteemed The Canadian kitten's inspect as Esteemed hector13 is certainly serial killer from Esteemed The Canadian kitten's inspect.

From that evidence, neither can be determined, both are 'maybe'.

From my results I know Esteemed hector13 is in fact town.

I do not at this time know what alignment Esteemed Secretdorf is.  It could be town.  That's not certain.  At all.

Nothing is certain and hoping for it won’t make it so.

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal wanted to get rid of Esteemed Secretdorf too, what do you make of that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: January 02, 2024, 05:10:04 pm »

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal wanted to get rid of Esteemed Secretdorf too, what do you make of that?

Esteemed Secretdorf's probably not Mafia.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: January 02, 2024, 05:11:20 pm »

I propose to lynch Imp unless they break the restriction.

Because I don't really see a reason why Max's SK beyond he's dangerous and weird.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: January 02, 2024, 05:12:14 pm »

Esteemed Secretdorf's probably not Mafia.

Nobody has claimed redirecting Esteemed The Canadian kitten to Esteemed Secretdorf, and Esteemed Secretdorf is confirmed by dead town Esteemed notquitethere to have not acted (and thus not killed) N4.

What are your thoughts on that?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: January 02, 2024, 05:12:23 pm »

Because I don't really see a reason why Max's SK beyond he's dangerous and weird.
Unfortunately, they aren't going to and we can't tell if their claimed reason (personal attachment) is real or a scum gambit. I'm leaning toward the former, but if it's the latter I'm going to be really mad because that's an incredibly obnoxious way to play scum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: January 02, 2024, 05:15:19 pm »

If you feel strongly enough about it you can kill them. There is no scenario in which Esteemed Imp is eliminated via the lynch, so if you are convinced, you can sacrifice one town for one scum, which is a very good transaction.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: January 02, 2024, 05:21:13 pm »

The only way I see that there might not be a second scumteam (or solo scum, possibly SK, I'm not differentiating here), anyway, is if the Mafia killed Esteemed webadict (so the Esteemed Dead Mafia Members and/or Esteemed The Canadian kitten are lying) and there's another member who killed Esteemed notquitethere. I know I didn't do those things, and even under the theories of the people who think I'm a serial killer I still shouldn't have been able to do them. Someone did that, and that someone is definitely some kind of bad guy.

Nobody has claimed redirecting Esteemed The Canadian kitten to Esteemed Secretdorf, and Esteemed Secretdorf is confirmed by dead town Esteemed notquitethere to have not acted (and thus not killed) N4.

What are your thoughts on that?
Okay, but you guys think that I could have bussed myself with you and killed Esteemed notquitethere at the same time, so why couldn't Esteemed Secretdorf have, or something similar? True that if it were a bus, Esteemed notquitethere would presumably have seen you (but apparently Esteemed Secretdorf) act on Esteemed Jim Groovester (if that in fact happened), but it could be something else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: January 02, 2024, 05:21:59 pm »

Unfortunately, they aren't going to and we can't tell if their claimed reason (personal attachment) is real or a scum gambit. I'm leaning toward the former, but if it's the latter I'm going to be really mad because that's an incredibly obnoxious way to play scum.

Agreed.  if I were scum I'd have had a lot more choices this game.  And a lot safer ones.

Also, I'd have tried to keep the scum team alive.  Not by votes.  You all know how much I talk, how I double check stuff, how I persuade.

While I haven't cast many votes this game, I've been part of luring into exposure multiple scum and, weirdly, the town-could-become-sk Esteemed TricMagic too.

I also claim a very great day power, from my original role, one that potentially 'could do anything'.  I openly declared my intention to bring Esteemed EuchreJack back D2.

That didn't happen.  Something else did.  Esteemed Maximum Spin reports catching that one's action, N2, which I confirm is the one time I am absolutely certain that one should have been able to choose to act, because of my D2 action.

If I'm scum, I put what I claim 'could be anything' into -that-.  My scum day game, I wouldn't have needed to claim 'umm, save me, I didn't realize Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist turned me into a treasuremap and gave me to the scum to hunt with direct and explicit clues and what looks like a prize if they do, and I didn't know that I dropped the ball and revealed the pieces the scum didn't have yet' and could have played a lot less riskily from the start.

Gazes towards whereever the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist is or would be

Hadn't realized I could ask for such a thing.  Might next game, been awesome.  Golden snitch?  Benevolent Genie?  It'll be awesome, I have no doubts, except maybe I'm terrible for the enjoyment of everyone else, oops.

Point being, the rest of you.  Scum me this game... I'd have probably had a decent day game and been Freddy Kruegar for you at night.  The lack of pile of terrible coincidences afflicting town over and over and over and over, that's my lack of scum tell.  Even if that only could have happened N1 and N2.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: January 02, 2024, 05:24:23 pm »

It'll be awesome, I have no doubts, except maybe I'm terrible for the enjoyment of everyone else, oops.
I don't think there's any reason why you shouldn't continue playing more games here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: January 02, 2024, 05:26:22 pm »

Max: You are correct. This is why I want Jim / EP lynched. my suspicion is that Imp will be redirected tonight, and so their plan is:

Imp investigates EP -> redirected to the townie they nightkill, probably secretdorf.
Lenglon tracks Imp -> says Imp visited the nightkill.
Imp says they investigated EP, came up town.
Town lynches Lenglon, Lenglon flips town, shrugs.
Next day Town lynches Imp
Jim / EP, now having at least three votes, maybe 4 or 5, between the two of them, now have maj.
Pirate Win.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 207