Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79873 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2760 on: January 02, 2024, 03:38:12 pm »

@Max:
I have no idea what you are Max. A fullclaim is everything not just hard to follow stream of thought night action reports. I did one earlier today.

What is your role name?

What are the name of your abilities?

List exactly any special characteristics (such as my ability to supercharge something so it is enhanced for a night but becomes Disabled).

You don't have to list your night actions again unless you want to because you've already done so.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: January 02, 2024, 03:40:27 pm »

Max: Stop stalling, and scumhunt if you are actually town
I think regardless of their alignment they're probably frustrated right now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: January 02, 2024, 03:41:48 pm »

Just a thought, if Max doesn't flip SK, would that mean that hector is the SK and imp was bullshitting?

No, it just means we were wrong about you being redirected to Esteemed Maximum Spin, or you’re lying. Scum can be mediums (media?) it’s just a harder ask for me to believe that right now than Esteemed Maximum Spin isn’t SK.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: January 02, 2024, 03:43:13 pm »

@Max:
I have no idea what you are Max. A fullclaim is everything not just hard to follow stream of thought night action reports. I did one earlier today.

What is your role name?

What are the name of your abilities?

List exactly any special characteristics (such as my ability to supercharge something so it is enhanced for a night but becomes Disabled).

You don't have to list your night actions again unless you want to because you've already done so.
Okay, I didn't really think rolenames and ability names were that important.
My role name is some quantum something or other Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist made up. Let me look it up again. Quantum Macroshaper. I don't think Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist understands quantum mechanics very well.
I didn't submit that, I just submitted a role theme: I asked to be a role that hides in the shadows and knows everybody's secrets. I'd say I got that.
My ability to swap myself is called Spooky Action. My ability to watch or track is called Uncertainty Principle. My ability to watch AND track was called String Theory.
I don't think I have any special characteristics like that which need to be said, except maybe that I also have a Reference for what "Superfree" means.

Max: Stop stalling, and scumhunt if you are actually town
are you seriously saying that to me after the last three consecutive lynches

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: January 02, 2024, 03:47:30 pm »

@Max:
And you claim to have nothing to do with the double-action/merging phenomena that has been occurring? Who do you think is causing this?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: January 02, 2024, 03:52:07 pm »

What are your thought on me being inspected as SK despite a perfect inspect saying Town, Esteemed Maximum Spin?

Framer or redirect or is Esteemed The Canadian kitten lying? Something else?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: January 02, 2024, 03:55:40 pm »

The lack of alternative targets for elimination is also an issue.

I do point out that at some point we become unable to outvote Esteemed Secretdorf.

As of today, we need 6 votes over whatever anyone else has, to remove that worthy, were we to choose to.

There's 14 votes in play right now.  5 belong to Esteemed Secretdorf.

If we were interested in removing that worthy today:

Some of the people on Esteemed Maximum Spin probably can't/won't switch off, offline or whatever, don't agree.

If 1 vote on anyone else, would need 7 votes on Esteemed Secretdorf to eliminate, any less probably ties or fails, presuming that worthy is active.

If 2 votes on anyone else, would need all other existing 8 votes on Esteemed Secretdorf to Eliminate, any less probably ties or fails.

Tomorrow will be even more interesting, if tomorrow comes, for those of us alive for it, if there is an issue.

We do know that Esteemed Secretdorf did 'nothing' last night, based on Esteemed The Canadian kitten's report from Esteemed notquitethere in deadchat:

"N4. I tracked SecretDorf and he did nothing"

That track I believe is this:

(2-Shot, Item, Night) Spider-Tracer [target]: You attach a small arachnid-bug to your target. You learn which players they visited this Night.

I believe it detected nothing that it can detect.

How would it track if the tracked person could target someone dead or someone banished?

Esteemed notquitethere, can you rule that out and pass word back?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: January 02, 2024, 03:57:25 pm »

I think since it’s public from a role flip we can ask Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist in the thread.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: January 02, 2024, 04:00:20 pm »

@Max:
And you claim to have nothing to do with the double-action/merging phenomena that has been occurring? Who do you think is causing this?
I do claim that. Based on what I have seen and haven't seen, I think it's either you, Esteemed Imp, Esteemed The Canadian kitten, or Esteemed Secretdorf. It could also be Esteemed Elephant Parade if the bomb thing is fake, because I haven't seen it personally, but that seems unlikely. I don't think it's Esteemed Jim Groovester, Esteemed hector13, or Esteemed Lenglon. I've been leaning toward seeing you and Esteemed Imp as a team for a while now, since you're only mutually confirming each other. I only have your respective word for it about Esteemed Imp's supposed role. But if you ask me to approach it from the hypothetical that you're town, since I'm talking to you: I don't see any evidence of any merges last night, and this was the only time when Esteemed The Canadian kitten had a confirmable action. If it were me, I certainly would have used it last night, as I hope you realize.

What are your thought on me being inspected as SK despite a perfect inspect saying Town, Esteemed Maximum Spin?

Framer or redirect or is Esteemed The Canadian kitten lying? Something else?
Despite my earlier acting, I'm not actually the oracle of this game, but the most logical interpretation is that either Esteemed Imp or Esteemed The Canadian kitten are lying.

We do know that Esteemed Secretdorf did 'nothing' last night, based on Esteemed The Canadian kitten's report from Esteemed notquitethere in deadchat:

"N4. I tracked SecretDorf and he did nothing"

That track I believe is this:

(2-Shot, Item, Night) Spider-Tracer [target]: You attach a small arachnid-bug to your target. You learn which players they visited this Night.

I believe it detected nothing that it can detect.

How would it track if the tracked person could target someone dead or someone banished?

Esteemed notquitethere, can you rule that out and pass word back?

Okay, this does make me feel worried that Esteemed Secretdorf might have invisible actions like I mentioned might be in play before. I also think it's very plausible that Esteemed Secretdorf could be the merger while passively/freely accumulating votes, based on what players, including me, are able to do at once. Am I already voting for Esteemed Secretdorf? I think I am. Wouldn't be the first time I got things right trusting my gut.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: January 02, 2024, 04:06:33 pm »

Esteemed Secretdorf.  If there's a vig shot, if we go this way, I am glad to take it.  I sure hope I've been annoying enough.  If the game doesn't end today, I know you can all do very well to solve it.

This does not mean I think Esteemed Maximum Spin is town.  I continue to think he's the most flavorful part of our entire stew, and I don't know.

It does mean I think I'm voting for the greatest danger town faces.  That hasn't changed.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: January 02, 2024, 04:07:14 pm »

Right, right, having thought it over more, I think it makes the most sense for Esteemed Secretdorf to be the merger and Esteemed The Canadian kitten to be the necromancer.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: January 02, 2024, 04:12:26 pm »

Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, please would you answer how this item might give result if it were used on someone who was successfully targeting a dead player?  How might this item give result if it were used on someone who was successfully targeting a banished player?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: January 02, 2024, 04:15:56 pm »

@Max:
Well, if it's somehow not you then I think Canadian Kitten makes the most sense flavor-wise.

Are they...Schrodinger's Cat?

PPE:
Right, right, having thought it over more, I think it makes the most sense for Esteemed Secretdorf to be the merger and Esteemed The Canadian kitten to be the necromancer.
Hmmm? What do Lenglon and now you mean by the necromancer? Kitten has res'd themselves but they haven't res'd other players. I could see them as a necromancer though.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: January 02, 2024, 04:19:42 pm »

Max: as a reminder, Toony was the first person I checked for groupchat. Toony doesen't have one. They are not mafia, and not mason. It's possible for Toony to be an SK, but I see no reason to suspect that. But if you want Toony to be scum you need to make me either scum or interfered with on N2 as well as N3 (the double-result mess) and N4 (roleblocked by EP) and is it really that likely that people will have decided to mess with me N2 when N1 all I showed was a track action?

Anyway if you want Toony to be on a team with Imp you need to fit me in with that team as well somehow, and 6 maf is a bit much.

Toonyman: I'm fairly certain someone is using the abilities of dead players. The re-banishment of Crystal seems to have been the same banishment as they suffered the night before, and I believe that if we find and lynch the person that performed the re-banishment, then Crystal will be able to return to the game for the same reason they were briefly back in the game when we lynched the original banisher.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: January 02, 2024, 04:20:42 pm »

@Max:
Well, if it's somehow not you then I think Canadian Kitten makes the most sense flavor-wise.

Are they...Schrodinger's Cat?

PPE:
Hmmm? What do Lenglon and now you mean by the necromancer? Kitten has res'd themselves but they haven't res'd other players. I could see them as a necromancer though.

A couple other possibilities related to felines and death from around the world's cultures:

Bakeneko and Nekomata (Japanese Folklore): These are supernatural cat creatures from Japanese folklore. Bakeneko are said to be cats that have acquired supernatural powers, and Nekomata are more powerful, with the ability to split their tails into two and control the dead. They are often depicted as mischievous and capable of causing harm to humans.

Cat Sidhe (Celtic Mythology): In Celtic mythology, the Cat Sidhe is a fairy creature resembling a large black cat. It was believed to have the ability to steal the souls of the dead by passing over a corpse before burial. People would hold wakes with music and dancing to prevent the Cat Sidhe from approaching.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 207