Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80352 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2745 on: January 02, 2024, 03:19:34 pm »

NQT: Jim didn't intentionally target you last night. Hector randomized him. Cool, that's Jim's action confirmed.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: January 02, 2024, 03:22:52 pm »

A randomization which Hector claimed:
One problem regarding that: I randomized Esteemed Jim Groovester last night, so he didn’t do the redirect.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: January 02, 2024, 03:23:40 pm »

Rightio, why are we lynching Esteemed Maximum Spin if he didn’t perform the kill?
Because I'm dangerous and weird.

I'm still volunteering to be roleblocked if someone is willing to swap with me so I can protect both of us. Yes, the protect will work even if I'm roleblocked, I asked, and now that the bag is out of the cat regarding me getting - that wasn't some kind of hint, just to be clear, I just felt like saying something weird - regarding me getting the Marked by Death status, I definitely want to be protected.

Here's what Esteemed Maximum Spin inferred or knew, and has stated about Esteemed Knightwing64, from I believe the N1 action that one took on Esteemed Webadict.  Roleflip's at the bottom, to compare for accuracy/differences, in case anyone wants to evaluate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, I was spot on. I was basing it on this:
(Night) Memetic Consumption [target]: You can only grow by consuming other infoforms.  Any investigative results your target would gain this Night are replaced with “Something gnaws on your gnosis.” You learn those investigative results for yourself, and gain 1 Growth per action interfered with by this action.
Which is exactly what I learned, nothing more nor less than that, and from that I inferred that 1) he's taking selfish action, 2) he lied when he claimed he was only checking if Esteemed webadict had inspects, and was in fact stealing them, and 3) he has the ability to "Grow", which sounds dangerous and I didn't trust it especially after Esteemed TricMagic. Oh, and, also, 4) he didn't know that Esteemed webadict would be roleblocked, so he didn't know about Broken DOOR, so he's not in the Mafia. But he also was acting very like Town Esteemed Knightwing64 anyway.

I believe that Esteemed Maximum Spin gets info about the targets of his targets.  I think ideally he needs to know both, for example, that Esteemed Webadict was going to target Esteemed notquitethere.
That isn't how it works. On d1, I wasn't expecting to get much information unless I knew where the actions were coming from and going to, because that's specifically what I don't learn, so I did a watch on Esteemed notquitethere and a watch-and-follow on Esteemed webadict - so I learned all of what you list here:
That appears to have given him a lot of info about people who acted on Esteemed sofanthiel (presume merged with Esteemed notquitethere; the actor Esteemed Egan_BW), acted on Esteemed Webadict (Esteemed Knightwing64).  Both those primary targets of Esteemed Maximum Spin were roleblocked, so had no targets in effect, so I can't really judge if Esteemed Maximum Spin would have gotten info about the direct targets too.
But I would not have learned about Esteemed sofanthiel's or Esteemed notquitethere's actions or their targets, nor would I have learned who Esteemed webadict targeted except by inference from seeing the action coming and going if it did indeed hit Esteemed notquitethere, nor did I learn the actual identities of the players targeting any of them except by inference from the flavor and the claims in the thread (again, you can see that I didn't even pick up on Esteemed Knightwing64's right away, which is embarrassing). By the way, Esteemed Jim Groovester also targeted Esteemed notquitethere and Esteemed sofanthiel with The Second Best Defense, but it was very easy to determine what happened there.

However, Esteemed Maximum Spin discusses having different numbers of targets on various nights:
I just had a two-shot Superfree watch-and-follow-combination which I could use along with my other one (Superfree is like Free, but moreso: you can use as much of it as you want and it doesn't conflict with other Free actions). I was hoping to get that refilled eventually, but it didn't work out.

also if he's lying about his free-swap being a protect, which I don't believe there's any evidence of, then he remains the most plausible explanation for TCk's result last night
Do you believe I didn't target Esteemed The Canadian kitten? If you believe I targeted Esteemed The Canadian kitten and swapped myself with Esteemed hector13, but my swap is not a protect, then I should be dead because Esteemed The Canadian kitten would have targeted me. The only way this would work is if I DID have a real protect so that I was protected from Esteemed The Canadian kitten's kill... but you know that I broke my post restriction badly last Day, and Esteemed hector13 is supposedly immune to protects. If you believe I didn't target Esteemed The Canadian kitten, how do I know his action by name and effect?

Esteemed The Canadian Kitten claimed to have targeted The Esteemed Secretdorf for N3.  Claimed to get result town.  A night that Esteemed Secretdorf seems to have stolen Esteemed Knightwing64's vote, claimed and backed up by Esteemed Jim Groovester's claim of the same vote-steal target.

Esteemed Maximum Spin appears to have been randomized that night - possibly confirmed by Esteemed hector13 if the gain of 'steam' is true.  I think you claimed randomized that night.
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't remember that, it's true. I suppose if you believe I targeted Esteemed Secretdorf for a watch, or Esteemed The Canadian kitten for a follow that night, you could conclude that I learned the ability then... but then how I knew about Esteemed Lenglon and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal becomes a mystery you have to solve.

My targets were indeed randomized, but, as I already claimed, I infer that I must have targeted Esteemed BlackHeartKabal that night because I received the Marked by Death status. That's why I was so sure. And, uh, well, I was right, and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal was mafia.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: January 02, 2024, 03:23:58 pm »

Hi deadfolks.  Neat to see you have some trouble following stuff too.  If you're confused, some live townies likely are too.

Esteemed hector13 apparently gives a randomize for target with giving step one of steam.  Least of all that's a bit more than soft-claimed I think.

Didn't affect me N1, I was roleblocked so couldn't tell anything else except that.

Esteemed Maximum Spin claims randomized on N3, probably from the 'this couldn't have hit me, I can't be targeted normally' that Esteemed Hector13 claims aimed for Esteemed Jim Groovester.

N4, Esteem Jim Groovester claims gain of 'steam' and target of Esteemed Secretdorf, who is very clear didn't lose a vote.  I do believe that.

I do think Esteemed Jim Groovester didn't intentionally target Esteemed notquitethere, but it happened and probably was random (if a bus is also involved, I can't tell).
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: January 02, 2024, 03:24:57 pm »

I can confirm that the action Esteemed Jim Groovester took n1 was not a kill. I would have mentioned that.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: January 02, 2024, 03:25:24 pm »

I'm about to leave so I can't respond to all this right now, but Maximum Spin, BHK's multikill said it ignored protects.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: January 02, 2024, 03:26:04 pm »

Shadiness is NAI, but I suppose the rest of it is bothersome. There’s nothing to say he isn’t immune or anything to my post restriction.

I can randomize Esteemed The Candian kitten without fear (I can’t randomize targets to me) so I’ll probably do that in the night, should Esteemed Maximum Spin not flip SK.

PPE: can confirm I targeted Esteemed Jim Groovester N4 so be should’ve been randomised.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: January 02, 2024, 03:26:21 pm »

EBWOP he should’ve been randomised
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: January 02, 2024, 03:27:03 pm »

@Deadchat:
I didn't kill anyone last time I was SK either (I was a werebear, technically killed Mafia at the end because they triggered me but I didn't go out of my way.)

I'm glad NQT can confirm their vote was taken.

Imp being with Elephant and Jim doesn't make sense to me.

@Max:
Full-claim.

Who do you think killed NQT?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: January 02, 2024, 03:29:15 pm »

@Max:
Full-claim.
You can say that over and over again and it won't change the fact that I already did when Esteemed Elephant Parade asked.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: January 02, 2024, 03:29:46 pm »

I can randomize Esteemed The Candian kitten without fear (I can’t randomize targets to me) so I’ll probably do that in the night

I am fine with this, as I cannot have my target changed and I will not be targeting Esteemed The Canadian kitten.

Anyone who could be target-changed, be aware and careful, it's low odds but there.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: January 02, 2024, 03:31:46 pm »

@Max:
Full-claim.
You can say that over and over again and it won't change the fact that I already did when Esteemed Elephant Parade asked.
You didn't fullclaim.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: January 02, 2024, 03:33:16 pm »

You didn't fullclaim.
What do you define as a "fullclaim", then? I claimed all my abilities and my actions over the game, which, to me, constitutes a fullclaim.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: January 02, 2024, 03:34:46 pm »

Just a thought, if Max doesn't flip SK, would that mean that hector is the SK and imp was bullshitting?

Max: Stop stalling, and scumhunt if you are actually town

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: January 02, 2024, 03:37:35 pm »

Just a thought, if Max doesn't flip SK, would that mean that hector is the SK and imp was bullshitting?

Max: Stop stalling, and scumhunt if you are actually town

You all have to decide that, but no.  I can't currently confirm Esteemed The Canadian kitten's alignment though.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 207