Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80203 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2730 on: January 02, 2024, 02:28:18 pm »

Do you still have the post restriction Esteemed Maximum Spin?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: January 02, 2024, 02:32:04 pm »

I named the ability. I got complete confirmation of that action. There's no way you can think I didn't. Therefore...?

Yeah, but you also don't full claim results, and could have gained it earlier, available to discuss and use at any point.

You also made it clear that you learned about the targeters of your targets - you explained that already, I can find the quote if useful, but it had to do with why you know Esteemed Knightwing64's details, and wow you know a lot of those.  So you probably know who Esteemed The Canadian kitten was targeting when you learned the name of their ability, because you probably were targeting that person at the time.

But that may not be last night.  Probably isn't, unless you were targeting yourself or prefer not to reveal who Esteemed The Canadian kitten and you were targeting.

So if it's from earlier, you don't know who Esteemed The Canadian kitten was targeting last night, or you know who and prefer not to reveal it.

But this would break what you earlier claimed, if you actually were targeting Esteemed The Canadian kitten and got their flavor, because that's not what you prior-claimed.

Or am I confused?  Glad to discuss and compare quotes, don't want any mistakes made.

Is everyone completely committed to lynching me today? No second thoughts at all?

I'm not currently voting you.  I also wouldn't mind you being the last death needed for town to win, same as I recommended for myself, even if you are needed to die for a town win.  That's style though, balance, fairness, and likely related to a promise I made someone not actually a player in the game.  I'm not your ally, if you have one, I'm town and maybe your opposite, though not sure of that either.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: January 02, 2024, 02:41:42 pm »

I am pretty committed to lynching you at this point, yes.
Fine. I watched. My intent was to target Imp to see if actively claiming warmed-over supercop would draw a kill. Instead, I was randomized and apparently hit Esteemed Lenglon's target. I figured out who that was because I also received Marked by Death, so the only ways that could have happened are if Esteemed Lenglon (and I) targeted Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, or, if Esteemed BlackHeartKabal had been telling the truth, Esteemed Lenglon and I were merged instead and both received the status by action (and Esteemed Lenglon somehow targeted me through my self-bus, or was lying about having targeted merged players at all). It had to be one or the other, but in the latter case, Esteemed Lenglon would have accidentally self-incriminated and was the real target of the "is in a group chat" result. I decided I thought Esteemed BlackHeartKabal was more likely to be lying.

The action Esteemed Lenglon used is called White Hat, it has the Night tag, and it's hacking-flavored.

The fact that I have the Marked by Death status is why I tried very hard to hide this, and now that I know that there is indeed a kill action tied to it and we have seen the actions of dead players used, I am not at all comfortable confirming it.

Do you still have the post restriction Esteemed Maximum Spin?
Yes. How would I lose it?

Maybe Max can daykill Imp today. I don't think Max is lying about not killing NQT.
If I had a daykill I would have used it by now like Esteemed Jim Groovester.

Yeah, but you also don't full claim results, and could have gained it earlier, available to discuss and use at any point.
I could not have gained that information earlier as, according to Esteemed The Canadian kitten's claim, that was the first night that action existed to be used, because it was only gained after Esteemed The Canadian kitten died and revived once.

Or wait. No, Esteemed The Canadian kitten died and revived n2, not n3, right? Okay, I had the timeline screwed up. I guess this is possible if Esteemed The Canadian kitten used that action n3 and you believe he either targeted Esteemed BlackHeartKabal and (whoever), and didn't mention it, or someone else and I also targeted either that player or Esteemed The Canadian kitten himself instead of what I claimed. If he makes a claim for that night we can work out if there's a possibility that works that way.

You also made it clear that you learned about the targeters of your targets - you explained that already, I can find the quote if useful, but it had to do with why you know Esteemed Knightwing64's details, and wow you know a lot of those.  So you probably know who Esteemed The Canadian kitten was targeting when you learned the name of their ability, because you probably were targeting that person at the time.
That's not how it works. I have no idea who Esteemed The Canadian kitten was targeting. I also didn't know anything about Esteemed Knightwing64's details except the exact contents of the ability, hold on, let me look it up again... "Memetic Consumption". I inferred everything from that, and you'll notice, if you reread Day 2, that I didn't know it was Esteemed Knightwing64 who had done it until that worthy chose to claim having targeted Esteemed webadict with an inspection-detector, and it took me some time to actually realize what he really meant.

I will certainly admit to being clever and very good at working out the situation from small clues, but I don't have the information you think I do. In the case of Esteemed The Canadian kitten, I looked forward to what that one would do, not back at what would be done to him. I can't do both all the time, as I guess that's too powerful.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: January 02, 2024, 02:48:55 pm »

This seems plausible but I still think you're probably just bullshitting, sorry. I'll go over it for inconsistencies when I have time.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: January 02, 2024, 02:49:50 pm »

Oh right, you never answered this (not sure I ever asked it in the form of a question): Who did TCk target last night?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: January 02, 2024, 02:49:59 pm »

People claiming Marked By Death status:

Esteemed Lenglon, alive
Esteemed Maximum Spin, alive
Esteemed Elephant Parade, alive

Players claiming to have had it, but resolved:
Esteemed notquitethere, dead (died night after Esteemed BlackHeartKabal died, when that mafiakill ability was 'fresh', if that matters)
Esteemed Imp, doctored

If someone can use the abilities of the dead, fully, as is, then they could have taken out all 4 of those folks N4.  If that could be done, there's someone in that group that isn't wanted dead by someone who can do that.

Alternatively, it's not quite that powerful, and maybe could, used 'remotely' only kill one (and maybe did, removing Esteemed notquitethere, who had a Mark, N4) or maybe using the abilities of the dead isn't fully controlled, and randomizes to some extent, meaning the actor might keep trying.

I can't think of any other angles.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: January 02, 2024, 02:53:12 pm »

Oh right, you never answered this (not sure I ever asked it in the form of a question): Who did TCk target last night?
I did already answer this, but I'll answer it again: I have no clue. I don't learn that. I never actually learned the targets of actions, only what they are. Everything else was pure inference.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: January 02, 2024, 02:54:20 pm »

When I was able to target more than one person, by the way, I didn't even know which player corresponded to which action. I had to work that out for myself. I think I did pretty well, all things considered.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: January 02, 2024, 03:03:56 pm »

Rightio, why are we lynching Esteemed Maximum Spin if he didn’t perform the kill?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: January 02, 2024, 03:04:39 pm »

Here's what Esteemed Maximum Spin inferred or knew, and has stated about Esteemed Knightwing64, from I believe the N1 action that one took on Esteemed Webadict.  Roleflip's at the bottom, to compare for accuracy/differences, in case anyone wants to evaluate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I believe that Esteemed Maximum Spin gets info about the targets of his targets.  I think ideally he needs to know both, for example, that Esteemed Webadict was going to target Esteemed notquitethere.

That appears to have given him a lot of info about people who acted on Esteemed sofanthiel (presume merged with Esteemed notquitethere; the actor Esteemed Egan_BW), acted on Esteemed Webadict (Esteemed Knightwing64).  Both those primary targets of Esteemed Maximum Spin were roleblocked, so had no targets in effect, so I can't really judge if Esteemed Maximum Spin would have gotten info about the direct targets too.

However, Esteemed Maximum Spin discusses having different numbers of targets on various nights:

n1, I targeted Esteemed notquitethere and Esteemed webadict (well, myself, but then bussed onto Esteemed webadict). n2, I targeted myself and Esteemed Lenglon (Esteemed Lenglon and myself) because I felt really sure I'd soak a kill and, since the previous turn I saw a non-factional kill, I figured there could be more so I might learn something useful again. n3, I was randomized by Esteemed hector13 - I just remembered and went back to put the Esteems in - but I believe I understand what happened; that was also the first night I could only target one player. Last night I targeted Esteemed The Canadian kitten and learned the thing I said earlier which I'm not going to go back to my night PM to remember what it said but Esteemed The Canadian kitten confirmed it was right. By the way, Esteemed EuchreJack apparently used the protect power on either Esteemed Lenglon or me n2, that's why I wanted Esteemed The Canadian kitten to check up on that.

I'm not convinced about anything, but I'm pretty content with Esteemed Maximum Spin staying in play longer.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: January 02, 2024, 03:07:01 pm »

Rightio, why are we lynching Esteemed Maximum Spin if he didn’t perform the kill?
Because he's a shady bastard, I still think he's an SK, and I don't really feel like participating in a last-minute shuffle.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: January 02, 2024, 03:11:54 pm »

also if he's lying about his free-swap being a protect, which I don't believe there's any evidence of, then he remains the most plausible explanation for TCk's result last night

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: January 02, 2024, 03:15:40 pm »

Or wait. No, Esteemed The Canadian kitten died and revived n2, not n3, right? Okay, I had the timeline screwed up. I guess this is possible if Esteemed The Canadian kitten used that action n3 and you believe he either targeted Esteemed BlackHeartKabal and (whoever), and didn't mention it, or someone else and I also targeted either that player or Esteemed The Canadian kitten himself instead of what I claimed. If he makes a claim for that night we can work out if there's a possibility that works that way.

Esteemed The Canadian Kitten claimed to have targeted The Esteemed Secretdorf for N3.  Claimed to get result town.  A night that Esteemed Secretdorf seems to have stolen Esteemed Knightwing64's vote, claimed and backed up by Esteemed Jim Groovester's claim of the same vote-steal target.

Esteemed Maximum Spin appears to have been randomized that night - possibly confirmed by Esteemed hector13 if the gain of 'steam' is true.  I think you claimed randomized that night.

n1, I targeted Esteemed notquitethere and Esteemed webadict (well, myself, but then bussed onto Esteemed webadict). n2, I targeted myself and Esteemed Lenglon (Esteemed Lenglon and myself) because I felt really sure I'd soak a kill and, since the previous turn I saw a non-factional kill, I figured there could be more so I might learn something useful again. n3, I was randomized by Esteemed hector13 - I just remembered and went back to put the Esteems in - but I believe I understand what happened; that was also the first night I could only target one player. Last night I targeted Esteemed The Canadian kitten and learned the thing I said earlier which I'm not going to go back to my night PM to remember what it said but Esteemed The Canadian kitten confirmed it was right. By the way, Esteemed EuchreJack apparently used the protect power on either Esteemed Lenglon or me n2, that's why I wanted Esteemed The Canadian kitten to check up on that.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: January 02, 2024, 03:16:56 pm »

Deadchat saying anything interesting, TCk?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: January 02, 2024, 03:17:23 pm »

New commentary from the deadchat, luckily woke up now instead of 6 hours later or something like that. Still tired, so don't expect me to voice opinions when I barely know what is going on.

Message to Imp from TricMagic, stop looking to others for help and make your own decisions. Trying to hold a conversation with the dead is just asking to eat up time town doesn't have. Go kill some mafia or an SK. @The Canadian Kitten

Web: Ehhh, look at that, I agree with Tric, but specifically, I did not receive anything other than an inspect, my role changing, and death.
Remember: Hurry it up.  The longer you stall, the less time you have.

Spoiler: Long Convo (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 207