Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80708 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2640 on: January 01, 2024, 08:34:00 pm »

Esteemed Maximum Spin

Though I confess to also hoping Esteemed The Canadian kitten is pulling off the most spectacular medium gambit ever.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: January 01, 2024, 08:36:05 pm »

So, let's evaluate who could have possibly caused the death of Esteemed notquitethere.

1) Some unlikely deathworld power use?  A scum with a night kill ability died D4.  If we presume basic use of the nightkill, no special extras, maybe possible.  Also, this might get around things like a post restriction preventing kills?  Since it might be an ability to target another ability, and itself not a kill.  It could even be designed to work around the 'Esteemed' ability's limits, we've seen things in play hand-made to counter other things in play.

2) People who could have:

Esteemed Imp could have, with the inspection claim.  Gets risky, to just go calling folks town without knowing, but there's nothing stopping Esteemed Imp from either some deathworld power use (if they have that) or some kill (if they have that, nightkill?)  I also know this didn't happen.

Esteemed Maximum Spin might have a way to use others abilities that does not mean they are vulnerable to the limitations of 'Esteemed'.  I think that would greatly amuse that one, to play with the entire idea of it, and use it to cover 'oh but I couldn't kill and now I can't protect, so that may be why there's more deaths even'.  I don't think it's likely.  I do think it's possible, and fits well with giving Esteemed Maximum Spin a 'make up for it' game role of their dream, even if it isn't cult.

Esteemed Secretdorf has not claimed a night action, and does appear to not have tried to steal a vote, leaving them free to do whatever?

Esteemed ToonyMan, as their claim of protecting Esteemed Imp cannot be verified by that worthy anymore, since not even possible status effects can be seen being gained and lost.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten, as their inspection of Esteemed hector13 cannot be confirmed.

Seems impossible to have killed:

Esteemed CrystalizedMire, unless somehow able to act while banished.  If so, would be through infestation of Esteemed Jim Groovester's gun, so they're here and not here at the same time?  Seems unlikely and we have to have a way to get them back/kill them while they're gone.

Esteemed Lenglon could not have without being teamed with Esteemed Elephant Parade, who has to be teamed with others too, for they are claimed roleblocked and bombed.  Unless anti-town team of 3 people there, impossible.  This also means Esteemed Elephant Parade (the roleblocker) and Esteemed Jim Groovester cannot be the killer unless they are actually an anti-town team or or the mason pair are hiding a redirected kill, as they wouldn't kill confirmed town.  I'm okay with ruling out these three as possible killer.

Esteemed Hector13, not even if redirected, as they are confirmed conferring Esteem to one of the masons.

So, back to this.

If we remove Esteemed Secretdorf from the list of 'I think it's only possible killer for the killer of Esteemed notquitethere to be on this list', and me knowing that I didn't do the kill, the list of it appears possible is very short.

Esteemed Maximum Spin, Esteemed Toonyman.

Alternate plan that doesn't involve a ton of uncaught anti-town, Esteemed Jim Groovester town vigged, and was redirected or merged into killing Esteemed notquitethere, and is still hiding this for reasons perhaps of being Esteemed Jim Groovester.

I'll need some time to think about the smallest possible badguy team that includes Esteemed Jim Groovester, because a free vote-steal hiding everything else being done is hard to rule out, and have to deal with something else for a bit, so thinking for now.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: January 01, 2024, 08:43:20 pm »

The vig thing didn't happen. Jim has used his vote-stealing ability every night on the targets he's claimed to have used it on.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: January 01, 2024, 08:48:26 pm »

If we decide to lynch Max first and the game does not end on the spot then I will most likely protect Imp. I could try to kill someone if people decide that is better.

I think I'd prefer the protection.  It would be awesome to not be concerned about Esteemed Secretdorf.

If we hammer with 8, we prevent that one's inevitable vote-gain.

However, let's think more.

Esteemed Maximum Spin claims merge of himself and Esteemed Jim Groovester, then a beautiful killdeer dance of woe is me who must Esteem but didn't.

A merge of me and Esteemed Jim Groovester would hide the merge, and hide the gain of Esteem.

I presume I can be merged, I'll check and report whatever answer I get.

The targeting of Esteemed Jim Groovester was coordinated and planned, so this is entirely possible presuming merges exist (I think they do) and that merges can happen with the ability set that Esteemed Webadict died showing (I believe they can happen).

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: January 01, 2024, 09:03:26 pm »

Unvote

I do believe this is the accurate current votecount:

Maximum Spin (4): The Canadian kitten, Elephant Parade, ToonyMan, hector13,
Secretdorf (1):  Maximum Spin,
Imp (1): Lenglon,
Lenglon (0):
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

8 votes to hammer.  (14 votes in play).

Not Voting ( 8 ): Jim Groovester, Jim Groovester, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Imp,

Day 5 will end at 6 PM Central time, Tuesday January 2nd of 2024.

If the game doesn't end with Esteemed Maximum Spin's elimination, we have more work to do.  I do know I could be wrong about that one, and do prefer to end with as many living town as reasonable.

Should we discuss protecting Esteemed Secretdorf from too many votes?  This seems absolutely possible, we just make sure that 8 different people are involved in the elimination hammer, nobody using more than one vote.  It would take all but Esteemed Maximum Spin to vote so, but we have exactly enough live players with a vote to do so.

In case the game doesn't end with today's elimination, do we want to discuss today the merits of Esteemed The Canadian kitten attempting to return the Esteemed Webadict to life?

Either way, I know I have inspecting to do, if the game doesn't end today.

Ahh, and now I do have to be away for a while.  Toodles!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: January 01, 2024, 09:05:36 pm »

He could also have targeted me last night which would explain the SK result for Esteemed The Canadian kitten.
I think this is exactly what happened.

NQT Night Actions
N1. Tracked EP to Crystalmire
N2. Tried to block BHK
N3. Track/Watched Toony and saw him interact with Imp
N4. I tracked SecretDorf and he did nothing
Perfect, thank you.

Max is scum. I'm willing to die over this accusation.

If we decide to lynch me first then you need to eliminate Max as soon as possible after.

If we decide to lynch Max first and the game does not end on the spot then I will most likely protect Imp. I could try to kill someone if people decide that is better.
Web: This is stupid of me, but I'd be totally willing to say Max should die first.  If SD wants to suicidebomb Toony, go for it, but I'm pretty sure Max is some forrm of scum.  I cannot make a team of anyone left alive without Max being responsible.
If the game doesn't end with a dead Max, then we have really, really big issues, in that the Mafia might be right that there's another team...
And I have no fucking clue on who it would be.
Yeah, it's why it's getting harder to say Toony is Mafia
Maaaaybe Toony is weird scum, but if he's on his own team, the coordination angle fails

Also

EJ: I protected Lenglon, so you're not the only one that thinks Lenglon "looks townie"
EJ also said they may have found mafia by protecting them during when presumably imp enabled them to act
EJ: @TricMagic I think I might have found scum by protecting them, LOL

People: another misunderstanding, by 1 shot that targets dead players, I mean it's another investigative ability that allows me to find who visited them the phase they died.
Sorry for the misunderstanding

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: January 01, 2024, 09:06:52 pm »

We can trivially protect Secretdorf from vote overload by having them hammer with multiple votes. If that somehow doesn't happen, Jim can steal one of their votes in the night, though that makes confirming Jim's action slightly more confusing.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: January 01, 2024, 10:00:41 pm »

Unvote
[color=redMax[/color]: I can't make sense of Max as Mafia considering past days behavior, but I can't make sense of night actions and claims without Max as scum. There is a world where Max/Jim/Ep are a pirate team, but it's not likely. This isn't my top choice for lynch, but it's  an acceptable one that the town seems to back.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: January 01, 2024, 10:01:01 pm »

Max
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: January 01, 2024, 10:21:43 pm »

But if the game doesn't end....

Prep for that.  Because if it continues past today, we do need to decide a few things, or individuals among us do.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten, I think it makes sense to try and bring Esteemed Webadict back.  You only suggested that one or Esteemed notquitethere, and you didn't mention the other three of our fallen town, two of which are too scary to bring back?  I think so.  But of the three I consider 'looks like town', Esteemed Webadict is surely the most useful.

Delaying bringing them back may make sense, because they could tag team in after you lose me, if you do.  But if we lose you first, then we can't get them back.

So I urge bring back Esteemed Webadict if you get the chance and choose to, because I think we can handle the negatives if any, and the positives if positive are just huge.

Anyone else also think so?  Think otherwise?

We can trivially protect Secretdorf from vote overload by having them hammer with multiple votes. If that somehow doesn't happen, Jim can steal one of their votes in the night, though that makes confirming Jim's action slightly more confusing.

I don't think that works.  They were clear about wanting 7 or less players to vote for folks, not 7 or less votes.  I suspect it's playercount, not the vote, but they will surely clarify.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: January 01, 2024, 10:27:49 pm »

Unvote
[color=redMax[/color]: I can't make sense of Max as Mafia considering past days behavior, but I can't make sense of night actions and claims without Max as scum. There is a world where Max/Jim/Ep are a pirate team, but it's not likely. This isn't my top choice for lynch, but it's  an acceptable one that the town seems to back.

Yeah.  If Esteemed Maximum Spin is anti-town, I genuinely hope the game ends with their execution or other means of death, if they don't win.  I think though this game is for all of us, it's also hugely a game of their dream, and I really hope it's been a very satisfying one as far as it went.  You are worthy, even if foe.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: January 01, 2024, 10:28:09 pm »

It’s not a resurrect, it tells Esteemed The Canaria kitten who acted on the player the night they died.

Which should really get used on Esteemed notquitethere, tbh, if the game continues. That way we know who killed ‘im.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: January 01, 2024, 10:31:49 pm »

It’s not a resurrect, it tells Esteemed The Canaria kitten who acted on the player the night they died.

Which should really get used on Esteemed notquitethere, tbh, if the game continues. That way we know who killed ‘im.
Yeah, that's a no-brainer.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: January 01, 2024, 10:34:01 pm »

OH.  Doh.  Thank you.  I was so hoping.  Very well then.

Yep yep!  Makes great sense.  Also potentially using it on the Esteemed Webadict, if the game keeps going that far.  The trail's colder, but that's a potential superkill, right?  And we haven't seen a roleflip with a superkill, I think.

... it's a one shot...

oh gosh.  If Esteemed Maximum Spin flips without a oneshot kill... there's some choice to make there.  It could be the same killer, or different killers.

If the game doesn't end with Esteemed Maximum Spin's end, and if Esteemed Maximum Spin appears able to kill but unable to have killed Esteemed Webadict, maybe better to trace that superkill of Esteemed Webadict.

Because maybe Esteemed Maximum Spin killed Esteemed notquitethere.  But maybe someone else that is still in play killed Esteemed Webadict, if the roleflip doesn't reveal a sensible kill.

Is my thoughts and maybe bad ones?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: January 01, 2024, 10:35:51 pm »

I never quite understood why it was suspected that Esteemed Webadict was killed with a superkill?  Was it because protection was believed to be there and the kill happened anyway?

But if Esteemed ToonyMan was doing the swap, who was doing the protecting?  It was N2, so it could even have been Esteemed EuchreJack, perhaps.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 207