Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80243 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2340 on: December 31, 2023, 08:57:06 pm »

EP: because my N3 results were all kinds of weird, and I was 100% interfered with. I figured last night was the least likely time for me to be messed with again and so if I got an untainted inspect through it might clear up wtf happened N3. Also we still haven't gotten any kind of mechanical clear on Max, who has an extremely good stealth daygame, and claimed miller. I have an inspect-type that should pierce his miller-ness, and I declared from day 1 that I would do my best to solve our D1 miller claims. I did that for Toony, but still need to do it for Max.

Toonyman: fine, though my concerns remain. Unvote
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: December 31, 2023, 08:58:18 pm »

And of those, TM and SD have been inspected as NOT IN GROUPCHAT and town, respectively. I currently think The Canadian kitten is the most likely player to have performed the nightkill, but I'm having a hard time squaring that with their bizarre claim today. Why would scum!TCk claim to have inspected Hector as a miller after Imp announced having inspected them as town?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: December 31, 2023, 08:59:16 pm »

EP: because my N3 results were all kinds of weird, and I was 100% interfered with. I figured last night was the least likely time for me to be messed with again and so if I got an untainted inspect through it might clear up wtf happened N3. Also we still haven't gotten any kind of mechanical clear on Max, who has an extremely good stealth daygame, and claimed miller. I have an inspect-type that should pierce his miller-ness, and I declared from day 1 that I would do my best to solve our D1 miller claims. I did that for Toony, but still need to do it for Max.

Toonyman: fine, though my concerns remain. Unvote
That's sensible, but didn't he claim untargetability? Did you not believe that, even after being redirected from him D2?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: December 31, 2023, 09:00:11 pm »

EBWOP: inspected Hector as an SK

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: December 31, 2023, 09:01:28 pm »

I should point out that NQT died last night and Lenglon couldn't have killed anyone.

Presuming that Esteemed Elephant Parade is honest.  But that makes a very, very big scum team if not, and one that has played weirdly.

Anyone think Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist might design an entire game and roles as a mindgame?  Yeah, me either.  Applauds the marvelous Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist anyway, because 'what the heck' is a glorious flavor and this is, despite the painful moments, wow what a game.

But Esteemed Elephant Parade claims successfully targeted scum Esteemed BlackHeartKabal once, Esteemed CrystalizedMire twice, and now Esteemed Lenglon once.

And claims miller and teamchat with Esteemed Jim Groovester, which is just too large a scum team for me to seriously consider it, because that requires:

Esteemed Egan_BW
Esteemed sofanthiel
Esteemed BlackHeartKabal
Esteemed Elephant Parade
Esteemed Jim Groovester
Esteemed Lenglon
Esteemed CrystalizedMire

To all be working together, with the fake roleblock/bombs cover for free actions for all.  I will say that's impossible, because of all the harm that isn't happening all game long.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: December 31, 2023, 09:02:07 pm »

My assumption is, given Esteemed Lenglon was marked for death, Esteemed BlackHeartKabal was one of the players hit.
Yes.

BlackHeart gets role-blocked if any players target them as well so they couldn't do anything on N3 (or N2 since NQT role-blocked them).

So for "has a groupchat, doesn't have a groupchat", one of the targets was BlackHeart and we also know they had a groupchat. So the other player (I have no idea, Max?) does not have a groupchat.

PPE:
DOES THIS POST VIOLATE A HYPOTHETICAL POST-RESTRICTION WHERE A PLAYER IS REQUIRED TO REFERED TO PLAYERS BY THE "ESTEEMED" TITLE PREFIX?

Yes, however,

That would depend on the exact wording of the Status.

In general, I count a good-faith effort to hold to a post restriction as valid for its effects, and excuse errors as long as they're accidental and infrequent.

This remains true.
Imp you need to continuously break the post-restriction.

I strongly believe you're Town and are one of the most important assets we have.

Yeah, pretty sure the only players who can have performed the kill are Esteemed Imp, Esteemed ToonyMan, Esteemed The Canadian kitten, and Esteemed Superdorf, so long as other claims are accurate and nobody can double act.
Secretdorf seemed pretty willing to take down BlackHeart with them.
The Canadian Kitten has also been quite detrimental for Mafia.

In fact, my top Mafia picks during N4 were Crystalmire and Hector but one is banished and you were inspected Town.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: December 31, 2023, 09:02:24 pm »

EP: Max has claimed a lot of things. Lots more than I think a townie gets to have. I think the untargetability is either selective or a bluff, and give myself a good 70% chance of it working if I get an inspect off on Max without interference.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: December 31, 2023, 09:04:09 pm »

I forgot about Esteemed ToonyMan not being in a group chat.

Frankly it’s only Esteemed The Canadian kitten and Esteemed Secretdorf I’m worried about enough to lynch, I just want Esteemed Imp to break the post restriction.

PPE: Esteemed Secretdorf was inspected town by Esteemed The Candian kitten.

Even if Esteemed Crystalizedmire is scum, we obviously still have one baddie at least active in the game.

PPE2: it could be a serial killer left?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: December 31, 2023, 09:07:07 pm »

Yes, but what does that mean?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: December 31, 2023, 09:09:00 pm »

Yes, but what does that mean?

We know the inspect used isn’t perfect, and we aren’t 100% on Esteemed The Canadian kitten’s alignment.

I’m also genuinely not sure what the SK inspect is about. It’s a really good fakeclaim, but not in the face of a confirmed perfect inspect as town.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: December 31, 2023, 09:10:25 pm »

Even if Esteemed Crystalizedmire is scum, we obviously still have one baddie at least active in the game.

It's quite unlikely to just be a SK left. Three Mafia plus a SK seems far too little for an 18 player game.

We either have like one or two remaining Mafia with maybe a third-party.

Or

All the Mafia are dead and we have a full second scum team (Pirates) with maybe a third-party.

This is one of the reasons I think it's really important to determine if this "Merger" is working with the Mafia or not. It feels like they are, in which case it's probably just one larger scum team and no real Pirates.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: December 31, 2023, 09:10:52 pm »

I don't see CM being the last surviving mafioso unless she was banished by something other than sofanthiel's ability.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: December 31, 2023, 09:14:29 pm »

It's quite unlikely to just be a SK left. Three Mafia plus a SK seems far too little for an 18 player game.

We either have like one or two remaining Mafia with maybe a third-party.

Or

All the Mafia are dead and we have a full second scum team (Pirates) with maybe a third-party.

This is one of the reasons I think it's really important to determine if this "Merger" is working with the Mafia or not. It feels like they are, in which case it's probably just one larger scum team and no real Pirates.

I can confirm (take this with some grain of salt) that there should be a second scum team existing, and that we already lynched a scum team (Sofa, Egan, Kabal)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: December 31, 2023, 09:15:25 pm »

I was thinking Esteemed The Canadian kitten was town before this, or at worst the least concerning scum suspect, so I’m willing to believe there was a redirect involved or a framer.

Why would the merger, if working with mafia, merge another mafia member after it failed so hard the first time?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: December 31, 2023, 09:15:51 pm »

If all claims Esteemed The Canadian kitten claimed are true, then they inspected someone who for some reason inspected as SK.

We have dead Esteemed Egan_BW with an ability that could make people inspect as most alignments, but not as SK.  Esteemed TricMagic could make people inspect as SK allies, but not as SK.  Either way, that came with a status or an ability, and probably isn't invisible.

I think we have someone who inspects as a Serial Killer, who may or may not also be a serial killer.  We also have two millers, what do they inspect as?

I think we can only rule out 'not possibly a serial killer' between these 3/4:

Esteemed hector13
Esteemed Imp Accepting that I'm not necessarily and mechanically ruled out to everyone's viewpoint
Esteemed Jim Groovester
Esteemed Elephant Parade

The Esteemed mason pair are probably only ruled out if they're not both a SK team.  Again, if they are, where's the pile of bodies?  Those are two darn good players, and if they want everyone dead - and if they're not teamed with Esteemed Secretdorf, then what are they doing?  Not Serial Killing everyone, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 207