Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80717 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2325 on: December 31, 2023, 08:34:38 pm »

MaximumSpin, I fully expect the answer to this to be no, but does your targeting immunity take the form of redirecting actions you receive to two random players? It'd explain a lot.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: December 31, 2023, 08:36:59 pm »

Max deduces that Egan tried to kill NQT but accidently killed Sofanthiel instead. I'm not sure how Max knows this unless he explained later, could you explain again? Sorry.
It was a simple inference from seeing the action happen while targeting Esteemed notquitethere.

MaximumSpin, I fully expect the answer to this to be no, but does your targeting immunity take the form of redirecting actions you receive to two random players? It'd explain a lot.
No, but that would be really funny and I wish it did.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: December 31, 2023, 08:37:23 pm »

Imp

Imp, please break posting restrictions?

also I do have somewhat dubious reasons for suspecting you, but will get into that if you actually do break it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: December 31, 2023, 08:40:41 pm »

What does being immune to protects mean?

No idea, I never asked.

PPE: pretty sure the restriction has already been broken, but I’ll ask Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist just in case.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: December 31, 2023, 08:41:19 pm »

Stop voting Imp. I will have an aneurysm if the supercop gets lynched.

They did call me just "Toonyman" in that post, maybe as a tiny give-and-take. I call that a very delibrate post-restriction break.

@FoU:
JUDGE! JUDGE! WE HAVE A RULE BREAKER, CORRECT?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: December 31, 2023, 08:48:12 pm »

Well… Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist didn’t say yes, but he did say it was a direct reference to a player without saying Esteemed so…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: December 31, 2023, 08:48:25 pm »

@FoU:
Please clarify your question.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #2332 on: December 31, 2023, 08:49:02 pm »

@FoU:

That would depend on the exact wording of the Status.

In general, I count a good-faith effort to hold to a post restriction as valid for its effects, and excuse errors as long as they're accidental and infrequent.

Reads summary:

I know to be town:
Esteemed hector13:  "Okay, now I'm not sure Esteemed Imp is town."
Esteemed Imp:   "I sure hope everybody knows what they are doing and what everyone has claimed."

Had better be town:
Esteemed Maximum Spin:  The most flavorful ingredient in this entire stew.
Esteemed ToonyMan:  If we are all flavors, this one keeps stirring the pot.
Esteemed Elephant Parade:  "Mason buddies with Jim, please confirm.  Also, I'll keep pinning scum, you're all welcome."
Esteemed Jim Groovester: "I'll keep stealing votes and I don't contradict I'm mason buddies with EP."

Is probably town:
Esteemed The Canadian kitten:  "I may not realize how important I am, or how important I am in finding careless killers."
Esteemed Lenglon:  "Well, roleblocked and have a bomb.  May I get back to my job please?"

I don't know what to think:
Esteemed Secretdorf:  "I just gotta convince them I'm town and I win."
Esteemed CrystalizedMire:  "I am an ant-sized ant being roleblocked at night and banished by day.  Help?  And now I'm permabanished?  Help?"

What everyone has claimed:

D5 facts:
Esteemed notquitethere died town.
Esteemed CrystalizedMire is still banished.
Esteemed Secretdorf has 5 votes, same as day before (and expected to gain 1 more from claims)
Esteemed Jim Groovester, known for vote stealing, has two votes.

D5 claims:
Esteemed imp inspected Esteemed hector13, town.
Esteemed hector13 targeted Esteemed Jim Groovester to spread more Esteem.  Identified as Town by Esteemed Imp and as Serial Killer by Esteemed The Canadian kitten
Esteemed Elephant Parade roleblocked and gave bomb to esteemed Lenglon.
Esteemed Lenglon was roleblocked and bombed, said had targeted Esteemed Max for reinspection.
Esteemed The Canadian kitten inspected Esteemed hector13 and reports 'serial killer' (if redirected, this means Esteemed The Canadian kitten targeted someone who inspects as Serial Killer who did not use a kill action last night, and did not target Esteemed The Canadian kitten).
Esteemed Maximum Spin: Tracked Esteemed The Canadian kitten, confirming that one can kill and has ability named "Haunting Void", which Esteemed The Canadian kitten confirms.
Esteemed Secretdorf: Hasn't posted yet.
Esteemed Jim Groovester: Stole a vote.  Is this a free action?  What else this one been doing each day?
Esteemed CystalizedMire:  Still banished, whatever that means.
Esteemed Toonyman: Hasn't claimed yet or I missed it.

Earlier claims and facts.

Spoiler: D4: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: D3: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: D2: (click to show/hide)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: December 31, 2023, 08:50:10 pm »

Lenglon, why inspect MS again when it didn't work the first time?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: December 31, 2023, 08:52:26 pm »

@FoU:
Please clarify your question.

I play as I please.

You can all push as much as you choose.

I don't move on this.

When I die, I flip town, and everything else I claimed that I think can possibly show now is also true.

Several of you, including you, Esteemed Toonyman and Esteemed hector13 have hurt me grievously this game.  Though Toonyman only in game.

Do as you choose.  I do too.
DOES THIS POST VIOLATE A HYPOTHETICAL POST-RESTRICTION WHERE A PLAYER IS REQUIRED TO REFERED TO PLAYERS BY THE "ESTEEMED" TITLE PREFIX?

PPE:
D5 claims:
Esteemed Toonyman: Hasn't claimed yet or I missed it.
I protected you (Imp) last night. Nothing else happened and it said I performed my action.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: December 31, 2023, 08:53:13 pm »

We don’t actually know it didn’t work, since if it hit Esteemed Jim Groovester and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal. If it did we would expect a double “yes group chat” result, as opposed to one yes and one no.

My assumption is, given Esteemed Lenglon was marked for death, Esteemed BlackHeartKabal was one of the players hit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: December 31, 2023, 08:54:10 pm »

I should point out that NQT died last night and Lenglon couldn't have killed anyone.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: December 31, 2023, 08:55:16 pm »

We don’t actually know it didn’t work, since if it hit Esteemed Jim Groovester and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal. If it did we would expect a double “yes group chat” result, as opposed to one yes and one no.

My assumption is, given Esteemed Lenglon was marked for death, Esteemed BlackHeartKabal was one of the players hit.
Fair point, but they said they did it "because yesterday was clearly invalid":
Last night I attempted to check Max again since yesterday was clearly invalid, but was roleblocked and had a bomb put on me.

I understand both why you probably want me to claim as early in the day as possible and also why the roleblock + bomb was performed. this is fine. Hopefully someone else has useful information to share today.

I should point out that NQT died last night and Lenglon couldn't have killed anyone.
I am fully aware. I'm keeping track of claims in my spreadsheet. I do not think Lenglon performed the nightkill.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: December 31, 2023, 08:55:26 pm »

DOES THIS POST VIOLATE A HYPOTHETICAL POST-RESTRICTION WHERE A PLAYER IS REQUIRED TO REFERED TO PLAYERS BY THE "ESTEEMED" TITLE PREFIX?

Yes, however,

In general, I count a good-faith effort to hold to a post restriction as valid for its effects, and excuse errors as long as they're accidental and infrequent.

This remains true.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: December 31, 2023, 08:56:05 pm »

Yeah, pretty sure the only players who can have performed the kill are Esteemed Imp, Esteemed ToonyMan, Esteemed The Canadian kitten, and Esteemed Superdorf, so long as other claims are accurate and nobody can double act.

Yes, however,

This remains true.

I demand the strictest possible interpretation even if adversely affects my doing it!

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 207