Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80709 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2310 on: December 31, 2023, 08:07:52 pm »

I hadn't thought about that until now, but you're right. Has anyone else died with a status effect?

@Fallacyofurist: Do status effects show up on flip?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: December 31, 2023, 08:08:46 pm »

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal died with a bomb.  We don't see evidence of that in the roleflip.  Should we?

I don’t know if you are familiar with the character Mrs. Doyle from Father Ted, but I will channel her essence should you not break the restriction, because you have absolutely no reason not to.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: December 31, 2023, 08:09:22 pm »

@Fallacyofurist: Do status effects show up on flip?
They do not. Status conditions are attached to the player, not the role.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: December 31, 2023, 08:11:11 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: December 31, 2023, 08:13:36 pm »

Some thoughts on The Merger (aka The Copier, etc.):

1. The Merger targeted NQT and Sofanthiel on N1, yes Sofanthiel was Mafia but would survive. It's possible the Merger was in on the Mafia plan here. They did not suspect NQT to survive though. I don't think there's any evidence that a bus occurred. Jim was surprised to have a third vote and Webadict just assumes they were bussed. Max deduces that Egan tried to kill NQT but accidently killed Sofanthiel instead. I'm not sure how Max knows this unless he explained later, could you explain again? Sorry.
2. The Merger probably targeted Knightwing and Crystalmire on N2 and then Sofanthiel hits one with the Banisher Beam. This is a good synergy and makes more sense if the Merger was working with Mafia.
3. The Merger appears to have targeted BlackHeart and Jim on N3, however this isn't the case. It's not clear who they targeted.
4. No evidence of the Merger on N4 so far. This player is still alive somewhere.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: December 31, 2023, 08:13:50 pm »

Secretdorf, please claim whenever you show up since you don't seem to have stolen anyone's vote today.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 31, 2023, 08:17:10 pm »

EP: Jim claims to have stolen a vote from dorf, so I would assume dorf stole NQT's vote.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 31, 2023, 08:21:14 pm »

PPE: no secrets with the auto I gave you Esteemed Jim Groovester, it does exactly what it says on the tin.

I will state of my new binding, I don't necessarily need my night game if I even have one.  And at this moment, I directly claim to some binder that at this moment I have nothing I could lose from breaking that binding, though I laugh at the idea of maddening rules, and it may be a joyous laugh. 

So, hint if you would if you prefer I comply with the binding 'just in case'.

Esteemed Imp… you are correct in your assertions, but it might have wider benefit if you stick to it.

Esteemed Hector13, why'd you give me one story, when I said it didn't matter if I followed it or not, and now say something different?

I'm not as concerned as I would be, because I know you are town.

But inconsistencies like that can disturb.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: December 31, 2023, 08:21:57 pm »

EP: Jim claims to have stolen a vote from dorf, so I would assume dorf stole NQT's vote.

That worthy claimed they gain a vote every time the lynch occurs with fewer than 7 votes/voters.  I expected them to have an extra vote today without stealing one, based on that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: December 31, 2023, 08:24:42 pm »

Imp it would mean a lot to me if you did something very simple and inconsequential to massively gain trust with everyone here.

Otherwise I'm going to get mad.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: December 31, 2023, 08:26:29 pm »

What Imp said. Unless that condition only triggers once? I assume SD has clarified one way or the other but I don't immediately remember if or which.

Imp it would mean a lot to me if you did something very simple and inconsequential to massively gain trust with everyone here.

Otherwise I'm going to get mad.
Seconding this. I get that you have a personal attachment to your old role, but is that really worth a mechanical sacrifice?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: December 31, 2023, 08:27:08 pm »

I play as I please.

You can all push as much as you choose.

I don't move on this.

When I die, I flip town, and everything else I claimed that I think can possibly show now is also true.

Several of you, including you, Esteemed Toonyman and Esteemed hector13 have hurt me grievously this game.  Though Toonyman only in game.

Do as you choose.  I do too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: December 31, 2023, 08:27:30 pm »

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal
no
Ah go on, Esteemed Imp.

PPE:
PPE: no secrets with the auto I gave you Esteemed Jim Groovester, it does exactly what it says on the tin.

I will state of my new binding, I don't necessarily need my night game if I even have one.  And at this moment, I directly claim to some binder that at this moment I have nothing I could lose from breaking that binding, though I laugh at the idea of maddening rules, and it may be a joyous laugh. 

So, hint if you would if you prefer I comply with the binding 'just in case'.

Esteemed Imp… you are correct in your assertions, but it might have wider benefit if you stick to it.

Esteemed Hector13, why'd you give me one story, when I said it didn't matter if I followed it or not, and now say something different?

I'm not as concerned as I would be, because I know you are town.

But inconsistencies like that can disturb.

That was part of the gambit, and also preparing you for a game of having to refer to everyone as Esteemed for the remainder of the game.

I suppose I should reveal now that the final step of my kill immune granting nonsense changes what the post restriction does from being able to perform protects or kills to being immune from protects and kills if you stick to it, plus being able to grant the post restriction to others, but not being able to “upgrade” it to kill immunity.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: December 31, 2023, 08:32:46 pm »

What does being immune to protects mean?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: December 31, 2023, 08:33:04 pm »

I play as I please.

You can all push as much as you choose.

I don't move on this.

When I die, I flip town, and everything else I claimed that I think can possibly show now is also true.

Several of you, including you, Esteemed Toonyman and Esteemed hector13 have hurt me grievously this game.  Though Toonyman only in game.

Do as you choose.  I do too.

Lenglon sighs

"Imp, please. We're asking for your cooperation for a reason. Just calm down and play along, alright?"

Imp: I am not esteemed. Say my name. No honorifics, all casual-like. Swear at me when you do if you'd like.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 207