Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80154 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2265 on: December 31, 2023, 07:16:41 pm »

I didn’t do that, that was a gambit so people would think Esteemed Imp was kill immune before I could actually make them kill immune. If the restriction survived the role swap, breaking it means being unable to kill or protect, which was claimed to not be an issue with the original role, and we know isn’t a problem with Esteemed webadict’s role.
Interesting. Wait, then what did you do N2?

Is the bulletproof you gave her not dependent on sticking to it?

I never got any indication of getting bulletproof or anything else from it, except the first part.  N2, when Esteemed Hector13 claimed to give the second part, I was bus+swapped with Esteemed Webadict.  Now I cannot gain abilities.

I don't know what happened to my original vanished role.  I never saw my body, just my dead name.  That explains my behavior, to me.
To be clear, you no longer have the status?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: December 31, 2023, 07:18:42 pm »

I tried to make Esteemed Imp kill immune; and that was ruined by Esteemed ToonyMan.

Esteemed Imp, I’d feel a lot more comfortable about your slot if you could either break the restriction or give me a very good reason why you’re not.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: December 31, 2023, 07:20:02 pm »

To be clear, you no longer have the status?

As far as I know, that is correct.  And it was not a status.  Statuses are removed by Esteemed ToonyMan, who removed N1 the status imposed by Esteemed BlackHeartKabal upon me.  I saw that status be gained, and removed.  I saw my ability 'of steam' which is of course not the actual name, appear.

N2 I was told my role was changed.

That ability was not shown as part of the role I was shown after being told my role changed.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: December 31, 2023, 07:20:46 pm »

Then why have you continued to follow the post restriction?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: December 31, 2023, 07:21:03 pm »

Max: What makes you so certain that I was redirected to Jim instead of my inspect actually checking you like I had intended or redirected to someone else like NQT? You've been claiminig to know all the things, to be protected against all the things, to be unable to be checked by anything, and so on.

Max: Are your scumbuddies feeding you information? You are claiming far, far more than any one townie should have.
Well, if you did check me and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, we now know the latter was grouped, so the ungrouped result must have been me and you can't reasonably argue that I had any scumbuddies. Especially when I've been killing them every day.

But no, I'm confident that I wasn't merged with anyone else unless that person was lying about not receiving the Esteemed of the Court auto, that you targeted Esteemed BlackHeartKabal the night before last (that is clearly how you got your claimed Marked By Death status, now that we know Esteemed BlackHeartKabal was lying about having any other way of giving it), and that I certainly wasn't merged with Esteemed BlackHeartKabal because Esteemed BlackHeartKabal did not receive the Esteemed of the Court auto, as evidenced by the fact that no such ability was seen in that worthy's roleflip.  If you, then, are telling the truth about your results, the only way you could have gotten them is if you targeted a player who had been merged with Esteemed BlackHeartKabal. I strongly suspected that to be Esteemed Jim Groovester because Esteemed hector13 claimed targeting him with the action that struck me instead, so a bus would have been the logical way for your target to be mistargeted. Of course, you might just as well have been lying about who you targeted, but I took it on faith and that was what seemed like the likely answer.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: December 31, 2023, 07:22:29 pm »

RIP Spider-Man

Imp's result of NQT was correct.

Lenglon did not target Jim and BlackHeart on N3 because both players are in groupchats, not just one. It was some other combination.

BlackHeart used Deadlands Drifting on Imp on N1, further evidence that Imp is not Mafia.

Given the choice to believe Imp's Town result or Canadian Kitten's SK result I choose to believe Hector is Town.

Esteemed Imp, I’d feel a lot more comfortable about your slot if blahblahblah
why are people still suspecting Imp

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: December 31, 2023, 07:24:00 pm »

Alright I'm going out for a bit.

Maybe things will be clearer when everybody claims but we might have to play by people's day games, perish the thought.

Why can't I lynch Crystalizedmire this is BULLSHIT

FallacyofUrist, are banished players able to affect the game in any capacity?

Anyways yes I am deliberately breaking the Esteemed posting restriction because it doesn't affect me if I do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: December 31, 2023, 07:24:08 pm »

I tried to make Esteemed Imp kill immune; and that was ruined by Esteemed ToonyMan.

Esteemed Imp, I’d feel a lot more comfortable about your slot if you could either break the restriction or give me a very good reason why you’re not.

It may retain a connection that may exist between myself and my lost role/self.  I am not ready to let that go, should it exist.

My actions N3 and N4 are likely confirmable, unfortunately because of Esteemed notquitethere's death - we all see that Esteemed notquitethere was indeed town.  You certainly know you are town.  If I'm lying then how did Esteemed Webadict die with that rolename I claim as my own, and how did Esteemed Toonyman know to claim the swap/bus, and why did I start with being willing not to follow the restriction?

What I don't know is what happened to th erest of my role.  I am entirely unwilling to let that go.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: December 31, 2023, 07:24:14 pm »

Unvote: Acceptable.

To my eyes, one of Imp and Canadian Kitten were redirected last night. My current theory is that there is a non-mafia redirector messing with people, and that is likely the cause of my strange night results: the redirector targeting people known to have inspects.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: December 31, 2023, 07:24:41 pm »

Imp is redirect-immune

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: December 31, 2023, 07:25:36 pm »

why are people still suspecting Imp

I speak and play in ways others appear to find quite unacceptable, which is very unpleasant for me.  Oh well.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: December 31, 2023, 07:26:22 pm »

then CK was probably the one redirected. was anyone watching them last night / tracked someone to them?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: December 31, 2023, 07:26:59 pm »

Right, we know who didn’t perform the kill so far (Esteemed Elephant Parade, me, Esteemed Jim Groovester, Esteemed Lenglon, probably Esteemed Imp) so… yeah, the last four need to claim or otherwise prove they’re town.

PPE: I don’t suspect Esteemed Imp, I just don’t like ‘em following the restriction when I’m pretty sure they don’t have to, though the reason given is… not great,  it understandable I guess.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: December 31, 2023, 07:27:19 pm »

What I don't know is what happened to th erest of my role.  I am entirely unwilling to let that go.
It's gone.

Imp is redirect-immune
^ Fact ^

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: December 31, 2023, 07:27:48 pm »

Imp is redirect-immune

Striiiiiiiiiiiiiictly speaking, we're assuming that ToonyMan's role swap ability is as he claims, and therefore Imp has webadict's role, and webadict is redirect immune while honoring his role's post restriction, just so that we don't gloss over the assumptions we're making here.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 207