Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80491 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #2160 on: December 30, 2023, 04:24:51 pm »

Given that we appear to be dealing with either:

a very large and gentle cult (if so, why aren't they striking?  They look big enough if they exist) or

a lot of townies playing well, and a possibly banished scum... do we want to consider no-lynch and deal with further inspects and such?

Except I think the anti-town league(s) probably have to be at least 4 folks, and more likely 5-6 could be more.  So I'm not sure that's a great idea.

Also my uncolored unvote was uncertainty about what was happening with the votes, and I forgot to edit it out.  I haven't unvoted yet.
No, we should lynch BHK for being a probable SK whose death will help us solve a bizarre night action mystery.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: December 30, 2023, 04:25:45 pm »

Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, in this roleflip:

He's been dead a long, long time
Autonomous Cosmonaut (Mafia)
(Innate, Auto) Eternal Mission: Time flickers backwards whenever your timeline would cease. When you are killed, you revive. When your role or abilities change due to external factors, they return to their previous state. When you gain a Status, you lose it. When you gain or lose votes, your votes reset to their previous count. This ability may trigger any number of times in a given phase, but after the phase is over, it goes on cooldown for one Cycle.
(Night) Temporal Guardian [target]: Your target is designated as an asset worth protecting. They gain the benefits of Eternal Mission for this Night. If it triggers for them, it will not go on cooldown.
(Night) Echo Scanning []: Your future self echoes the future back to you. Choose an action category: Investigative, Interference, Lethal, or Esoteric. You learn how many players’ initial action submissions contained actions of that category, this Night. (An action may belong to multiple categories.)
(1-Shot, Night) Event Horizon [target]: You drag your target beyond the beginning of time. They are banished - their presence is removed from the game. If you later die and do not immediately revive, your target is returned to the game.

Before that elimination, if Esteemed sofanthiel had visited a player with a restriction equivalent of what Esteemed BlackHeartKabal claims, that if visited by 'a living player' that one would be effectively roleblocked, would that roleblock occur?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: December 30, 2023, 04:26:11 pm »

Thank you for putting effort into this when you feel sick, I really appreciate that and hope you quickly feel better.
I have felt pretty sick since last night so I spent most of today coughing in bed. Although it's mainly an excuse to not have to go through Secretdorf's posts under your request.

This is true. My top suspects are KW, CM, and you.
I am okay with these suspects.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: December 30, 2023, 04:26:43 pm »

I do not mind being lynched, someone make a case and I’ll crumble.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: December 30, 2023, 04:27:34 pm »

FYI if Jim claimed being mason buddies with Webadict or something I was probably going to vote him on the spot.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: December 30, 2023, 04:28:50 pm »

I have felt pretty sick since last night so I spent most of today coughing in bed. Although it's mainly an excuse to not have to go through Secretdorf's posts under your request.

I rescind that request.  Please do as you please.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: December 30, 2023, 04:30:12 pm »

Oh, and I'll be a little iffy on MS and Lenglon if BHK flips town, and very iffy if she flips groupscum.

I still find NQT's play very scummy (why has he done literally nothing with his conftown status) but I don't scumread Imp and he could also just be busy, so I pretty much have to accept him as Town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: December 30, 2023, 04:32:31 pm »

Oh, and I'll be a little iffy on MS and Lenglon if BHK flips town, and very iffy if she flips groupscum.

I still find NQT's play very scummy (why has he done literally nothing with his conftown status) but I don't scumread Imp and he could also just be busy, so I pretty much have to accept him as Town.
I also find NQT extremely scummy, but them being Mafia makes absolutely no sense since Egan mafiakilled NQT and Sofanthiel on N1 and Imp got a Town result on N3. Either NQT isn't Mafia or they've had the most absolutely bizarre circumstances occur to make them look like they're not Mafia.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: December 30, 2023, 04:33:37 pm »

I also find NQT extremely scummy, but them being Mafia makes absolutely no sense since Egan mafiakilled NQT and Sofanthiel on N1 and Imp got a Town result on N3. Either NQT isn't Mafia or they've had the most absolutely bizarre circumstances occur to make them look like they're not Mafia.
I know! The nightgame-daygame conflict is ridiculous. It's enough to make a man yearn for Mountainous.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: December 30, 2023, 04:36:38 pm »

Agreed, but my results are clear and none of my abilities disabled.  I have that result and tried to ask questions about possible ways to redirect/bus/whatever.  It seems very clear that my action target cannot be changed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: December 30, 2023, 04:37:04 pm »

@Elephant:
I also find Webadict's death very strange on N2, because either scum tried to kill Imp on N2 (which doesn't make any sense because Imp would have been kill-immune if you believe Hector) or more realistically they somehow bypassed my bus to kill Webadict regardless, which is worrying. I'm also a little perplexed why I didn't die last night since it was pretty obvious I was going to protect the super inspect cop. Did they try to kill Imp anyway or what?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: December 30, 2023, 04:38:30 pm »

The SK accusation is, with utmost sincerity, flattering. Following TricMagic's flip, I don't think an SK cult would exist with two SKs (counting TricMagic as one, since, well, look at their role).

I guess you could also have been redirected, BHK, but then who has the mark? Crystallizedmire? Scum? Crystallizedmire, who is scum?
If I was redirected, the redirector would have the mark.

Maybe the redirector is dead, too.

a very large and gentle cult (if so, why aren't they striking?  They look big enough if they exist) or

a lot of townies playing well, and a possibly banished scum... do we want to consider no-lynch and deal with further inspects and such?

Except I think the anti-town league(s) probably have to be at least 4 folks, and more likely 5-6 could be more.  So I'm not sure that's a great idea.

Also my uncolored unvote was uncertainty about what was happening with the votes, and I forgot to edit it out.  I haven't unvoted yet.
Lenglon, can you restate your results for other people in group chats?

No, we should lynch BHK for being a probable SK whose death will help us solve a bizarre night action mystery.
Sigh. I am decidedly town, and as stated above, I can't envision room for an SK. This is a mislynch which I would consider dumb if not for how confusing the whole situation is, when we have better  candidates. The entire game has had some flavour of night action mischief, why do you think I'm involved when I explicitly tried to stay out of all of it after seeing the writing on the wall? The most I can be faulted is being secretive to try and forward my gameplan for the town's sake.

Do you truly think that I'm an SK that gets roleblocked on being visited? An SK with the brilliant gameplan of marking all the peripheral players so that I could try to mark one confirmed town and die? Is this your accusation? If so, I think I know how Jack feels.

FYI if Jim claimed being mason buddies with Webadict or something I was probably going to vote him on the spot.
Was this not exactly claimed? Webadict, Jim, and Spin are masons.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: December 30, 2023, 04:42:39 pm »

Unvote, I'm not motivated for the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal lynch today.

Esteemed Maximum Spin, who were you watching actions happen on N2, the night so much changed and you seem to have claimed you saw a dead person's action?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: December 30, 2023, 04:46:41 pm »

I can't envision room for an SK.

I wouldn't be surprised if a game this large with these known roleflips had 3 SK, none of them 'cult' and also had town-could-turn-SK Esteemed TricMagic. ...

Except:

(Uncommon) The Serial Killer wins when every player that is not themselves has been eliminated. If every player including themselves is dead, they will still win. They typically have some form of lethal ability to help accomplish this, though usually not so direct as the Mafia's kill.

That makes it sound like there can only be one.

Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, what is the maximum number of Serial Killers that potentially could be in this game at start, and if that number could be greater than one, please could they both win together or would they need to somehow eliminate the other to win?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: December 30, 2023, 04:47:27 pm »

Take a deep breath, my play has been fine. I literally don't know what "done literally nothing with his conftown status" is meant to mean. I random voted Elephant Parade at the start of the game and his trunk has been in a twist about me ever since. It's just a misplaced feeling magnified by a shed load of confirmation bias.

To clarify my views:

1. Jim could be scum and I can see the argument for hitting between Jim and BHK if we follow Max's reasoning

2. Most of today I've been cagey about Secretdorf. Fallacy putting in an unstoppable hammer machine would be a bleak end to the game that doesn't strike me as entirely impossible

3. Knightwing has done nothing to justify living and getting rid of all the most secretive unhelpful players seems like a reasonable strategy

4. CrystalMire is probably scum and we might be fighting over non-mafia today because of it

5. BHK and Elephant Parade both fit a serial killer profile, though EP has been a lot more towny in game-play

Overall I like Imp most of all, Max, EP, Jim-ish. Toony I felt off with earlier but has been fine. I liked Lenglon D1 but haven't felt as sure in recent days. BHK, Knightwing and Secretdorf are all a bit dodgy and Canadian Kitten has slipped so far under the radar that I wouldn't be surprised if he's been up to no good.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 207