Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79759 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #2085 on: December 30, 2023, 01:53:44 pm »

I bomb-blocked BHK and got hit with some kind of creepy spirit voodoo.

Esteemed Elephant Parade, would you explicitly confirm if this was the status Marked By Death, or was it something else?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #2086 on: December 30, 2023, 01:54:31 pm »

I bomb-blocked BHK and got hit with some kind of creepy spirit voodoo.

Esteemed Elephant Parade, would you explicitly confirm if this was the status Marked By Death, or was it something else?
Yes, it was Marked By Death.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #2087 on: December 30, 2023, 02:11:39 pm »

Wait a second. This doesn't make any sense. BHK, you've claimed to be auto-roleblocked by anyone living visiting you (with a possible flavor exception?). If Lenglon really visited you, you shouldn't have been able to action her. Even if her visit somehow didn't roleblock you, she should have gotten two stacks of Marked by Death: one from visiting you and one from your mark action. (I say this because FoU says my bomb status stacks despite additional stacks having no practical effect. It's possible Marked by Death works differently, but I doubt it.) So either Lenglon didn't roleblock you and Marked by Death doesn't stack, or we've made a mistake somewhere.

Presuming all claims are true.

I have received the status Marked By Death N1, so I know it exists, and I know I was also roleblocked N1.  It makes sense that it came with a roleblock as Esteemed BlackHeartKabal claimed on D3.

D3 both Esteemed Elephant Parade and Esteemed notquitethere claim to have roleblocked Esteemed BlackHeartKabal on N2.  Both claim to have gained the status Marked By Death.

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal makes these claims:

While I review the thread - I roleblocked Imp the prior night, and was visited in turn this night. I'm a ghost - the traditional "incorporeal spirit of someone that was previously dead and buried". And also a racer.

Right. I can confirm that I have a bomb strapped to me - or, well, the hood of my racecar, since there would be complications attaching a physical object to me. I am a roleblocker. If I visit someone, I roleblock them and apply Marked by Death, which, upon my own death, makes them a valid target for a one-shot kill. If I'm visited by a living player (Yes, a living player - take from that what you will, considering the prior text), I can't do anything that night, and Mark my visitor.

This is why I didn't claim before, and why I was so adamant about Jim being town after seeing his ability. The revivals are not my doing, and also have me on edge, because I don't know if those players are "technically dead" or something.

I do the one-shot. It fails if I try to target someone without the mark, so I can only really lean on the people I roleblock to target for that potentiality, unless I have a particularly educated guess as to who might have visited me after I die. For roleblocking you, I have to admit I had future potential application of the mark in mind - which is, to say, if I were a pure roleblocker, I don't think I'd consider you as highly rated a candidate, especially since I dislike "hipshoooting" N1. Hell, you still weren't my first candidate, that was Tric. Your chat restrictions at the time made you hard to discern, and I highly suspected you to be a third party. That, and your unsubtle and odd urging for the SK to target the pirate team, as much as I hate to operate on vibes alone, left a bad enough feeling for me to disrupt you. I don't 100% think blocking you is what prevented a second kill on the first night, at least.

D4, Esteemed BlackHeartKabal apparently is ready to make it clear they can now visit without roleblocking, despite their express wording otherwise (express wording is part of why I'm so uneasy about Esteemed Secretdorf too, but that's another matter), perhaps to make it clear they were not visited, thus a result couldn't apply to them - seems reasonable motivation to try and change an already told story.

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, why would you claim "I am a roleblocker. If I visit someone, I roleblock them and apply Marked by Death" And then later claim you can visit without roleblocking?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 30, 2023, 02:15:22 pm »

How much day is left?

I'm okay with policy lynching Knightwing64. I think I'm okay with BlackHeartKabal if Knightwing64 shows up and says sensible things.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 30, 2023, 02:16:38 pm »

Presuming all claims are true.
Yes -- I figured my vote on BHK was enough to imply that I'm not convinced they are.

How much day is left?

I'm okay with policy lynching Knightwing64. I think I'm okay with BlackHeartKabal if Knightwing64 shows up and says sensible things.
I think a bit less than five hours?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 30, 2023, 02:16:56 pm »

Day ends on December 30, 2023 at 18:00 Central Standard Time (7 hours and 39 minutes remaining.)[/font]

I think we have about 4 hours left.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: December 30, 2023, 02:19:22 pm »

Imp - Likely town. Seems to be scumhunting and generally trying to figure things out. But I am not including in strong town due to bias.
How does bias preclude someone from being town? I think that you can not like someone for the time being but still acknowledge their alignment independent of that.
It does not preclude them of course, I just want to be careful because last game Imp was scum, and I had them as lock town.

I was thinking we could execute a plan: I use my one-shot ability and therefore I and another chosen person are killed, and another person is lynched, thus it allows us to get rid of three suspicious people in one day. Which could turn out bad if the two apart from me are town. But it's there for consideration.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: December 30, 2023, 02:24:51 pm »

I was under the impression your 1-shot activated when you were lynched?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: December 30, 2023, 02:28:08 pm »

Imp - Likely town. Seems to be scumhunting and generally trying to figure things out. But I am not including in strong town due to bias.
How does bias preclude someone from being town? I think that you can not like someone for the time being but still acknowledge their alignment independent of that.
It does not preclude them of course, I just want to be careful because last game Imp was scum, and I had them as lock town.

I was thinking we could execute a plan: I use my one-shot ability and therefore I and another chosen person are killed, and another person is lynched, thus it allows us to get rid of three suspicious people in one day. Which could turn out bad if the two apart from me are town. But it's there for consideration.
This might be worth considering if FoU naysays the modkill.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: December 30, 2023, 02:33:45 pm »

I'm always going to act very town, that's my meta.  Note when you know I was scum, my plan was genuinely (we all think that right?) the best plan for town, and I played as town to the end (that game allowed no wiggle room, I did hope someone would break plan and allow me to survive, seemed unlikely).

However, when I am town I'm also going to act very town.

I'm still concerned about the 'are we all one move from a non-town win led by Esteemed Secretdorf'.

However, presuming I cannot prevent that or it doesn't exist, as of today Esteemed Secretdorf sounds more townie than they have all previous days.  That seems worrisome too, but winning this war, if we're not all on the same side, is pretty unlikely and I don't see how to fix that.

As things are now, I can accept either an Esteemed BlackHeartKabal (what is this person's alignment?  Sure was focused on me, totally misread my focus on Esteemed sofanthiel too and missed other people focusing on Esteemed sofanthiel, which doesn't make sense to me) or an Esteemed Knightwing64 (history of days-long breaks from the forum.  Darn it, everyone deserves more time around the holidays, some of us are more busy, not less, at this time - but they never claimed that, and it's wise to claim that early if applies.  But we can't work with the absent) lynch.

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal has done a nice job of making me think/feel that their behavior makes sense for a not-anti-town wincon.  I really do think they're probably hunting a survivor.  Of note - I am not that person.  You have me until I die, I won't poof on some goal day.  I can't prove that - I can prove by every action, I am playing pro-town.

I was under the impression your 1-shot activated when you were lynched?

They never said that.  They say they can die and choose someone to die with them.

I think I should explain my oneshot. It isn't really a vengekill. It's a day ability. I die and a person that I choose is killed at the end of the day.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 30, 2023, 02:41:05 pm »

Are you taking the fucking piss? You have spent the entire fucking day sucking the air out of discussion because you were utterly fucking convinced that Esteeked Secretdorf is so obviously scum that it beggars belief that nobody else can fucking see it, and a few hours before the deadline you say he’s town?

Do your fucking 1 shot and kill me, this is so fucking stupid and I am so fucking done.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: December 30, 2023, 02:44:34 pm »

Are you taking the fucking piss?

Nope, I'm legitimately playing the best I can.  I don't have the advantage of being part of an informed minority.  I'm doing my absolute best to read everyone and everything and figure out how to play to my wincon.

How about you?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: December 30, 2023, 02:46:25 pm »

I concur with Hector. Imp, you have been absolutely agonizing to play with. I know you aren't doing it on purpose and I know that isn't a nice thing to say, but it's true.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: December 30, 2023, 02:46:40 pm »

I could not care any less about this game than I currently do, and it is 100% your fault.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: December 30, 2023, 02:47:45 pm »

You have spent the entire fucking day sucking the air out of discussion because you were utterly fucking convinced that Esteeked Secretdorf is so obviously scum that it beggars belief that nobody else can fucking see it, and a few hours before the deadline you say he’s town?

of note:

I'm still concerned about the 'are we all one move from a non-town win led by Esteemed Secretdorf'.

However, presuming I cannot prevent that or it doesn't exist, as of today Esteemed Secretdorf sounds more townie than they have all previous days.  That seems worrisome too, but winning this war, if we're not all on the same side, is pretty unlikely and I don't see how to fix that.

Is not me saying "Oh, Esteemed Secretdorf is town."

It is me saying:

1) This looks really bad, but maybe it isn't reality.
2) If it is real, I probably can't stop it, though I sure tried.
3) If I can't stop it, what should I do instead?
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 207