Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79424 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #2055 on: December 30, 2023, 03:06:58 am »

How’s about I rescind my demand for a vote count?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: December 30, 2023, 03:25:13 am »

Seems fine whether you offer or not.  This was the original claim in any case:

I also gain an additional vote every time I post a vote count when one has been asked for.

He never was said it was the asking, but the answering.  Plus Esteemed EuchreJack requested one twice D1, and Esteemed Jim Groovester implied a possible request for one D1, but someone else saw and provided before Esteemed Secretdorf replied in the thread, there's no clear indication if Esteemed Secretdorf even saw any of the requests.

And we saw Esteemed Secretdorf with one vote D2, having claimed:
I guess I should go ahead and claim then: I did nothing last night. My role's more day oriented, and my night actions have to be used at the right time, or they may cause harm rather than good.

Hey, Secretdorf, you currently appear pretty concerned about Esteemed CrystalizedMire and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal in terms of 'scum likely there'.

Is this a new realization?  How does this compare to your claim about why you picked Esteemed Knightwing64 for your vote theft choice?  If your thoughts changed, what triggered that change?

Again, my goal is to see as you see.  Think like you think, and see why you're doing what you're doing, why you make the choices you make.  It's how I anything-hunt.  It's not even scumhunting in a game like this, because I'm aware I might find things besides town or scum.  I'm just as happy to recognize town as I am to recognize anything else.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: December 30, 2023, 04:07:09 am »

Anyway. I will regret this, but I’ll ignore it if I do.

Esteemed Imp, I am lazy, it is the weekend, and I would like to spend time with my family and not incessantly go over the same arguments for inconsequential internet entertainment.

You said you have read through Esteemed Secretdorf’s contributions five times and been unable to draw any town motive from their play.

I would like you to lay out your case against Esteemed Secretdorf in the following format:

• In your own words, write one or two short sentences describing each facet of your case for scumdom, not in spoilers. I have zero interest in a dissertation, if the argument cannot be distilled to a few sentences, it’s not good enough.
  • One piece of evidence, most likely in the form of a quote, to support each facet of your case against Esteemed Secretdorf. Trim it down if you have to, you can put it in a spoiler, but don’t put comments in the spoiler. Feel free to write another short sentence or two to illustrate how it supports your case.
  • Do not mention at any point he has lots of votes.

You don’t have to put it in a list like that, but I started it thus and PFP so wasn’t going to change it after I started doing all the square brackets.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: December 30, 2023, 04:18:20 am »

Imp, you are being incredibly unreasonable and demanding.

You're shitting all over the explanations of people who are providing genuine, good faith answers to the questions you pose, and you are then rejecting those explanations as inadequate because it's not the answer you're looking for, and then demanding they answer the same question again, and demanding they do so in a 'calm' and 'reasonable' fashion.

It is borderline disrespectful.

Also, quoting for truth since I’m apparently super fucking tilted about being accused of bullying.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: December 30, 2023, 05:02:30 am »

Here's my thoughts about the living players:

Strong Town:
Toonyman - Confirmed by Lenglon. Day game also reads town to me.
Jim Groovester - I have yet to see anything from him that makes me think he's scum. Except he's stealing the same votes as I am, but it's sofanthiel and knightwing so it's believable.
The Canadian Kitten - Reads town to me. Exposed Sofanthiel. Inspected me green.
Lenglon - Generally seems town to me. I believe the groupchat-inspect claim.
Maximum Spin - Exposed Egan_BW. I believe the flavor cop claim.

Also Town:
Imp - Likely town. Seems to be scumhunting and generally trying to figure things out. But I am not including in strong town due to bias.
Hector13 - Also seems town to me. Pushed Sofanthiel D1. Very respectful and therefore respectable, but again I'd like to be cautious.
Notquitethere - Cleared by Imp's super inspect, but I was formerly suspicious, some of that suspicion still lingers.
Elephant Parade - Reads town to me, but bombs sound sus to me, so I'm going to be cautious for now.
Knightwing64 - Not very sure but I think he's town. Especially as Max confirmed his inspect-peeking claim N1.

Suspicious:
BlackHeartKabal - Claims and reasons are mostly coherent. But I don't see why someone would block Imp, or mark Lenglon. I guess it is possible for someone to have a view of the game like that, but seems the least townie to me atm.
Crystallizedmire - Absent for 2 days. Don't know much, thus the suspicion.

If mafia is not among these 2, I think it's among Knightwing, ElephantParade, and maybe Hector, but I'm much less suspicious of them. And I hope Knightwing will speak before nightfall.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: December 30, 2023, 05:20:18 am »

If Esteemed Knightwing64 doesn’t post can we have a modkill? He hasn’t been on in two days, which is how long the days are now. Can’t be having that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: December 30, 2023, 05:24:28 am »

I kind of think if we lynched the least active players in order we'd probably win the game pretty readily.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: December 30, 2023, 05:44:23 am »

Will he Beetlejuice?

KnightWing

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: December 30, 2023, 10:07:11 am »

Esteemed Secretdorf, do you think we should we lynch the Esteemed Knightwing64 today?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: December 30, 2023, 10:14:42 am »

Reads summary:

I know to be town:
Esteemed notquitethere:  "Finally confirmed town.  Not much else to say right now."
Esteemed Imp:   "I sure hope everybody knows what they are doing and what everyone has claimed."

Had better be town:
Esteemed Maximum Spin:  The most flavorful ingredient in this entire stew.
Esteemed ToonyMan:  If we are all flavors, this one keeps stirring the pot.

Is probably town:
Esteemed The Canadian kitten:  "I may not realize how important I am, or how important I am in finding careless killers."
Esteemed Lenglon:  "Man my abilities are confusing, and I'm not sure who to trust with this information.  Should I risk taking it to deadchat instead of sharing with the class?"
Esteemed Elephant Parade:  "I keep forgetting to say, but being confirmed town would really help.  Also, I'll keep pinning scum, you're all welcome."

I don't know what to think:
Esteemed Jim Groovester:  "I hate Imp challenging Secretdorf's townieness more than I hate Secretdorf miracle-stealing my votes each day, which I don't actually hate."
Esteemed hector13:  "I've got secrets and an agenda, and nobody can confirm anything but my first move.  Also, Imp, just ignore Secretdorf, too townie to be scum."
Esteemed Secretdorf:  "I just gotta convince them I'm town and I win.  Why isn't it working on Imp?  This is too much work.  I really gotta?  K, team, thanks for telling me what to say."
Esteemed BlackHeartKabal: "Just a pit stop to find a survivor, don't mind me, not here long, anyone got a map or a survivor?"

Probably leaving play:
Esteemed CrystalizedMire:  "I am an ant-sized ant being roleblocked at night and banished by day.  Help?"
Esteemed Knightwing64:  "Just the facts, and not 100+ pages of them.  Yeah, so, I'll pretend I'm still banished except for my nightgame."

What everyone has claimed:

Spoiler: D4: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: D3: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: D2: (click to show/hide)

I do believe this is the accurate current votecount:

Knightwing64 (5):  Jim Groovester, Elephant Parade, hector13, Lenglon, notquitethere,
Secretdorf (3):  Imp, BlackHeartKabal, Maximum Spin,
BlackHeartKabal (0):
hector13 (0):
notquitethere (0):
Elephant Parade (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

8 votes to hammer.  (15 votes in play)

Not Voting (7): Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan,

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: December 30, 2023, 10:52:02 am »

Esteemed Secretdorf, do you think we should we lynch the Esteemed Knightwing64 today?
If he doesn't post at all, he's as good a choice as any. I hope that will not be the case here, because I'll be one little step closer to death.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: December 30, 2023, 11:04:19 am »

If he doesn't post at all, he's as good a choice as any. I hope that will not be the case here, because I'll be one little step closer to death.

Other than 'fun and excitement', why have you been playing as you have been, with what you're doing with 'get more votes' 'whoa stop getting votes'?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: December 30, 2023, 11:20:07 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Knightwing64     --5-- Elephant Parade*, hector13*, Lenglon*, notquitethere*, Jim Groovester*,
Secretdorf          --3-- Imp*, BlackHeartKabal*, Maximum Spin*,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Imp                 --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Lenglon             --0--
Maximum Spin        --0--
notquitethere       --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --7-- Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan,

8 to Hammer. Day ends on December 30, 2023 at 18:00 Central Standard Time (7 hours and 39 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: December 30, 2023, 11:25:39 am »

Okay let's tie it 4-4

Secretdorf

See what happens.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: December 30, 2023, 11:28:37 am »

But BHK hasn't answered my question :'( Why do you guys always hammer before people answer my questions  :'(
What question have I missed? I reread the thread and can't find it.

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal: "Just a pit stop to find a survivor, don't mind me, not here long, anyone got a map or a survivor?"
What precisely does this mean? Do you think I'm looking too much towards others?

I don't much see the point in a lynch on Knightwing, assuming that they'll be modkilled, But pending the death of Secretdorf, I'm not really certain on leads save for those that Webadict explicitly said were masons with him - unless there's conversion, I'm not really sure about lynches on Jim and Spin, unless I've missed something that discredits Webadict's mason claim. Presuming that Lenglon isn't interrupted again, perhaps she could investigate one of the two. Spin in particular outright killed Egan, which, barring a bus, excludes them from at least one scum team - but we only have so many players, and the game is still going...

And then there's the concern about dead players acting, too. I can't really determine our path to victory, but maybe I'm overthinking things.

Imp - Likely town. Seems to be scumhunting and generally trying to figure things out. But I am not including in strong town due to bias.
How does bias preclude someone from being town? I think that you can not like someone for the time being but still acknowledge their alignment independent of that.

Okay let's tie it 4-4

Secretdorf

See what happens.
What are you thinking with happen, NQT?
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 207