Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80204 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1785 on: December 29, 2023, 12:17:12 am »

*sighs*
And this is why I wanted to wait to share - Imp, your logic holds only if the only night action BHK can do is the roleblock.

I wanted to wait for BHK to share their night action, in case they actioned me with a non-roleblock.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: December 29, 2023, 12:17:47 am »

EBWOP, whoops, this is better, was a copy/paste failure to edit error:

I do believe this is the accurate current votecount:

BlackHeartKabal (3):  Maximum Spin, Elephant Parade, hector13
Secretdorf (2):  Imp, notquitethere,
hector13 (1):  Jim Groovester,
notquitethere (0):
Elephant Parade (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

8 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (11): BlackHeartKabal, Elephant Parade, Lenglon, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: December 29, 2023, 12:19:20 am »

Also, if BHK's role was overwritten with yours, Lenglon shouldn't have gotten deathmarked.

I do not mean 'overwritten'.  I suspect my lost role is 'somewhere'.  Not someone.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: December 29, 2023, 12:20:20 am »

Didn't your role go nowhere because you got roleswapped with someone whose role was unchangeable? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something (yet another redirect?), but I don't see how your role isn't just gone.
Okay, yes, but the "definitely one of the Esteemed Lenglon's targets" part is the crucial part.

Uh, if I'm not entirely off the boat here, the other target may be our vote-stealer, but not the successful one.
This has interesting implications that I will not presently explain.

Also, if BHK's role was overwritten with yours, Lenglon shouldn't have gotten deathmarked.

I do not mean 'overwritten'.  I suspect my lost role is 'somewhere'.  Not someone.
Why do you think that? That doesn't really make sense.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: December 29, 2023, 12:21:39 am »

Maybe just because I'm a newbie that's very, very unwilling to let it go.  Maybe it is still somewhere, doing whatever it does.  I don't know.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: December 29, 2023, 12:22:00 am »

*sighs*
And this is why I wanted to wait to share - Imp, your logic holds only if the only night action BHK can do is the roleblock.

I wanted to wait for BHK to share their night action, in case they actioned me with a non-roleblock.
Let me reassure you that I have a better reason to think it was the other way around.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: December 29, 2023, 12:22:22 am »

Maybe just because I'm a newbie that's very, very unwilling to let it go.  Maybe it is still somewhere, doing whatever it does.  I don't know.
Oh, I figured you knew something I didn't. If that isn't the case, then sorry, but I think it's just deleted.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: December 29, 2023, 12:23:25 am »

Let me reassure you that I have a better reason to think it was the other way around.

Yeah, someone who cannot be targeted was targeted.  Where's that redirect to and how?  Somewhere, surely.  Stuff like 'somewhere' happens, sometimes.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: December 29, 2023, 12:25:47 am »

Yeah, someone who cannot be targeted was targeted.  Where's that redirect to and how?  Somewhere, surely.  Stuff like 'somewhere' happens, sometimes.
Well yes, but I just mean that I have strong reason to believe the Esteemed Lenglon targeted to get that status, rather than being targeted. Because of, you know, special voodoo.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: December 29, 2023, 12:26:21 am »

Oh, I figured you knew something I didn't. If that isn't the case, then sorry, but I think it's just deleted.

I have no mechanical proof.  I do remember though, this claim:

...with my death, some dreams will end...

Each day I live, new wonders may grow...

Nonsense, surely.

Yet... I'm not yet dead.  And I haven't seen my body, just my name.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: December 29, 2023, 12:28:19 am »

Max: I was actioned on by at least one other person - the person that made me double-action, and if a different person - the person that redirected me. If BHK was either of those and their action marked me then me being marked is a nulltell.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: December 29, 2023, 12:30:47 am »

That's true, and I can't rule out that the esteemed that individual WAS the one who did either of those things, but nevertheless, also what I said.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: December 29, 2023, 12:48:12 am »

also, Max, just confirming, my action last night that I attempted to target you with, it should have successfully targeted you? No need to share more about your defenses than that, just need to know what should - if no shenanigans - have happened when I inspected you.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: December 29, 2023, 12:52:10 am »

Probably not, but I don't know enough to be sure.

I can make myself targetable, but... I'm a little leery of doing that, for what I hope are obvious reasons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: December 29, 2023, 12:55:46 am »

Max: our logic only holds if my inspect did actually target you as one of the targets. If it was also redirected for all we know I inspected BHK as non-grouped and *shrugs* Hector as grouped. What *should* have happened to the inspect of you?
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 207