Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80158 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1770 on: December 28, 2023, 11:20:06 pm »

Wait, I misread Imp's post as implying they were redirectable after all. I'm still not unvoting until you explain what was going on there.

At the time I posted that, I was confused about if I could be redirected.  I confirm I asked the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist if I could be redirected, if I didn't break the conditions.

It was confirmed that no, if those autos are intact, and I succeed in an action, it goes where I send it.  I alone can just 'don't worry about it' as long as I remain contractually nice.

I also for other reasons explored how I could break that contract without being a bother to the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, because it also ensures I cannot somehow regain my earlier role, which I rather adored and which was custom made to me with exquisite precision and accuracy.  I seriously considered risking everything to try and beg someone to give it back to me.

Ironically, that dead scum from yesterday, actually could have.  That was an interesting emotional hit too.  But the death thing, and what happens when I die... not a good deal at all, even to get that role back.  I'm maintaining that contract.  I'm far safer to town this way, and specifically useful.

Sorry to confuse with my confusion.  But I am now certain I didn't allow myself to be redirected or otherwise misled.  I have a true alignment on a true target.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: December 28, 2023, 11:22:15 pm »

EP: I'm having trouble following everything thats going on - busy time for me - and lost your case on NQT, please repeat it for me?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: December 28, 2023, 11:23:56 pm »

We’re fucking weird round here. I think it was BYOR16 in which Esteemed ToonyMan was inspected scum and I got lynhed ‘cause I lied about stealing someone’s vote, and I’m pretty sure Esteemed notquitethere was the one to start the wagon on me in that one.

You also have to bear in mind Esteemed Imp can’t be re-directed if they fulfill their post restriction, which they currently claim is the case, and they used a pure inspect on Esteemed notquitethere and got a town result. I’m cool looking elsewhere for the time being.
I agree that NQT is looking good, mechanically speaking, but I just can't square that with my feelings. I'll probably unvote (I wouldn't have revoted in the first place if I hadn't misread Imp's post) but I'm not going to treat Imp's inspect as a reason to turn my brain off.

@Imp: The problem is that I'm not 100% sure you're town. I have you filed under "most likely town," which is good but not good enough for me to blindly trust your claims.

EP: I'm having trouble following everything thats going on - busy time for me - and lost your case on NQT, please repeat it for me?
I will in a bit.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: December 28, 2023, 11:28:02 pm »

Wait, hold on a minute (emphasis added):

That's a reasonable suspicion! Here's some possibilities:

1. It's a bluff/sofa is a bad player and he really will die for real

2. Sofa can't be killed until a scumbuddy dies

3. Sofa is a third party whose win condition is to die a certain number of times.

4. Sofa has a limited number of resses but its all a part of a plan to buy time for scum buddy to enact plan.

There must be at least two other mafia members, possibly more, possibly multiple teams, possible serial killers too. Even if we think Sofa is most likely scum, we can kill someone else today and block/follow/inspect/etc Sofa in the night.

PFP

Can we not have a player at L-1 so someone accidentally hammers?

More later
Pretty sure is L-2 right now as both Imp and I jumped off.

I backed off on this earlier when I realized I had misread the tone, but with a known scum redirector/merger/godknowswhat in play, "deal with the obvscum with night actions instead of the elimination" was a completely bonkers suggestion. What the hell, NQT?

In case it is useful, I believe Esteemed notquitethere was answering this post of mine with that post of theirs, for all it's not directed:

1. There are two shooters. One shot me (Egan), one shot Sofa and it redirected to. I survived because I can't be so easily killed. Sofa rezzed. The other shooter was most likely BHK or Superdorf.

2. The "bus" wasn't actually a bus per se, more like Sofa conjoined with me as action targets. Knowing he had a resurrection, his scum buddy Egan shot me, and both Sofa and I died. Sofa's power in this case would be intended to have this kind of fake resurrection.

We also have reason to believe that there can be 'non-living players' and we saw Esteemed sofanthiel die and res for no known reason and try ever so hard to die today.

It looks like a plan.

I was allowed to create a nearly unstoppable unliving town player end of D2.  No idea what happens now to that, given my changes.  But what was that maybe balancing?

I really feel uneasy about how eagerly the Esteemed Sofanthiel is running to their death.  I wonder what is being set up for

I had also said earlier that day:

As much as I enjoy responding to your queries, I'm afraid I can provide no comment on the above.  I will reveal that information exclusively if I deem doing so beneficial or vital.  Neither is the case right now.

Fascinating.  Do you care to help us see why you answer so, or is it your preference to simply make sure we lynch you instead of a more important other person first?

I have a theory that the Esteemed Secretdorf and friends are scum and working very hard to get the extra votes they need to win.  I think the Esteemed Sofanthiel is very willingly helping ensure this, and that the banishing may be part of it - if not, it's being gleefully used.

Would more experienced and capable players please get involved in an effective and useful way to help sort this out?

Right now, to this newbie's eyes and evaluation, we lynch the Esteemed Secretdorf today, or we lose.  This looks like direct, nearly unstoppable goal seeking behavior from capable scum who think they are one move from winning.

And I believe those statements from me are part of what Esteemed notquitethere is answering.  I'm the one who cared which scum we killed in what order.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1774 on: December 29, 2023, 12:00:17 am »

Oooh.  Presuming all claims are honest -

Lenglon had to have hit the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal last night as at least one target.

I got the mark and the roleblock N1, Esteemed BlackHeartKabal claimed they are linked.  Esteemed Maximum Spin got hit by Esteemed hector13 and was not roleblocked - so that roleblock probably does come from Esteemed BlackHeartKabal visiting someone.

Esteemed Lenglon does not claim to have been roleblocked, so Esteemed BlackHeartKabal could not have visited them.

But visiting Esteemed BlackHeartKabal causes the player to gain the mark.  So that would explain how Esteemed Lenglon gained it, I am unsure of other reasons how that could happen without a roleblock too.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: December 29, 2023, 12:00:48 am »

The Case Against Notquitethere

First of all, there's the summary I posted last time:

Elephant Parade: Please tell me more about why you dislike NQT.
He hasn't posted much and some of what he has posted has given me bad vibes. Not a good combo! Also, looking over his posts, he's barely interacted with anyone. Most of them are essentially addressed to the room.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lots of null content, some waffling, no sustained interaction, little proactive interaction, nothing that's really gone anywhere.

Secondly, his N3 action, while plausible, could also have been a very good fakeclaim, as MS pointed out at the time. This isn't really evidence against him, but it does mean his night record isn't as continuous as he'd like it to be.

Finally, I stand by this post I made half an hour ago, misunderstanding aside:
Wait, hold on a minute (emphasis added):

That's a reasonable suspicion! Here's some possibilities:

1. It's a bluff/sofa is a bad player and he really will die for real

2. Sofa can't be killed until a scumbuddy dies

3. Sofa is a third party whose win condition is to die a certain number of times.

4. Sofa has a limited number of resses but its all a part of a plan to buy time for scum buddy to enact plan.

There must be at least two other mafia members, possibly more, possibly multiple teams, possible serial killers too. Even if we think Sofa is most likely scum, we can kill someone else today and block/follow/inspect/etc Sofa in the night.

PFP

Can we not have a player at L-1 so someone accidentally hammers?

More later
Pretty sure is L-2 right now as both Imp and I jumped off.

I backed off on this earlier when I realized I had misread the tone, but with a known scum redirector/merger/godknowswhat in play, "deal with the obvscum with night actions instead of the elimination" was a completely bonkers suggestion. What the hell, NQT?
I appreciate the context Imp provided, but I still think it's a strange and suspicious idea to float, at least without mentioning the obvious drawbacks. And it was his last post of Day 3 (which admittedly ended 18 hours later and rather suddenly).

I'm probably going to unvote when he gets back to me because, y'know, he got super inspected and it's been confirmed unredirectable. But that's the case.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: December 29, 2023, 12:01:43 am »

Here's where Esteemed Lenglon said that:

I had strange results last night, I was marked for death, and my action was repeated despite me not double-actioning. I'd like to sit on my information until some more claims have been made before sharing if nobody minds.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: December 29, 2023, 12:03:45 am »

*gazes longingly at Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, wondering if that racecar is the mysterious place where Esteemed Imp's original role went, and if that mysteriously could explain the double inspect result*

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: December 29, 2023, 12:06:44 am »

That's an excellent point and I'm willing to vote for the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal on that basis. Like web says, his heart is black and he is in a cabal. That's all you need to know.

Also, Esteemed Lenglon, I'm sorry I accidentally spilled all your information due to not paying attention to the fact that you were hiding it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: December 29, 2023, 12:10:44 am »

*gazes longingly at Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, wondering if that racecar is the mysterious place where Esteemed Imp's original role went, and if that mysteriously could explain the double inspect result*
Didn't your role go nowhere because you got roleswapped with someone whose role was unchangeable? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something (yet another redirect?), but I don't see how your role isn't just gone.

That's an excellent point and I'm willing to vote for the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal on that basis. Like web says, his heart is black and he is in a cabal. That's all you need to know.

Also, Esteemed Lenglon, I'm sorry I accidentally spilled all your information due to not paying attention to the fact that you were hiding it.
I'm also willing to vote BHK, but for going back into lurker mode as soon as people stopped gluing bombs to him.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: December 29, 2023, 12:11:28 am »

Also, if BHK's role was overwritten with yours, Lenglon shouldn't have gotten deathmarked.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: December 29, 2023, 12:13:18 am »

Didn't your role go nowhere because you got roleswapped with someone whose role was unchangeable? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something (yet another redirect?), but I don't see how your role isn't just gone.
Okay, yes, but the "definitely one of the Esteemed Lenglon's targets" part is the crucial part.

Uh, if I'm not entirely off the boat here, the other target may be our vote-stealer, but not the successful one.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: December 29, 2023, 12:14:17 am »

I’ll wait until Esteemed Lenglon confirms, but I’m down with this.

I would really like to hear from Esteemed Knightwing64 too, given they should have two nights of actions to share.

Eh bugger it in fact, quite willing to accept Esteemed Secretdorf at this point won’t hammer this early.

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1783 on: December 29, 2023, 12:15:44 am »

Esteemed Secretdorf, I am back to informing you I intend to policy wipe you, if you are even slightly involved in a hammer before I consent. I now know I cannot be redirected, even with that ability, and do not risk wiping an unintended target.  Please allow time to talk.

I do believe this is the accurate current votecount:

BlackHeartKabal (3):  Maximum Spin, Elephant Parade, hector13
Secretdorf (2):  Imp, Lenglon, notquitethere,
hector13 (1):  Jim Groovester,
notquitethere (0):
Elephant Parade (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

8 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (11): BlackHeartKabal, Elephant Parade, Lenglon, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan

Spoiler: D4 facts and claims (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: D3 facts and claims (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: D2 facts and claims: (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: December 29, 2023, 12:16:44 am »

Please stop using giant text every third message
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 207