Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80202 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1755 on: December 28, 2023, 09:21:07 pm »

I didn’t say Esteemed Secretdorf is confirmed town, I said Esteemed The Candian kitten inspected them as such, and was curious how their inspection interacts with Millers and Godfathers.

If it works as any normal inspect, and the result is given via death and resurrection or not, then it doesn’t mean anything about Esteemed Secretdorf because we know there are a bajillion alignment-masking abilities around. If it ignores alignment-masking abilities, or is claimed as such, we can draw conclusions from that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: December 28, 2023, 09:38:30 pm »

I didn’t say Esteemed Secretdorf is confirmed town, I said Esteemed The Candian kitten inspected them as such, and was curious how their inspection interacts with Millers and Godfathers.

If it works as any normal inspect, and the result is given via death and resurrection or not, then it doesn’t mean anything about Esteemed Secretdorf because we know there are a bajillion alignment-masking abilities around. If it ignores alignment-masking abilities, or is claimed as such, we can draw conclusions from that.

Oh, right.  Your words were not 'confirmed town' they were this:

so we can say Esteemed Secretdorf is town and work from there.

Can you help me understand why you are so interested in us saying the Esteemed Secretdorf is town?

Esteemed The Canadian kitten said as much, and didn’t die and revive in the night as they did when they inspected Esteemed sofanthiel.

I am too newbie to understand the difference between 'we can say they are town' and 'say they are confirmed town'.  Surely I'm the only one and your innocence and pure intent shines as clearly as your Esteemed nature.  I am interested to continue to learn and grow in my play.

As I do so, I am deeply worried about what looks like an excellent scum ploy in the making.  As in town, now kneel, hands tied, and die unless you can get night game back under control.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: December 28, 2023, 09:39:28 pm »

And I trust this 'deeply worried' is taken as a statement of concern level, and not as an indication that I am not, in fact, calm and kind.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: December 28, 2023, 09:46:35 pm »

And I trust this 'deeply worried' is taken as a statement of concern level, and not as an indication that I am not, in fact, calm and kind.
I really don't think you need to keep saying that. Webadict didn't and nothing bad happened to him.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: December 28, 2023, 10:26:05 pm »

Max: I targeted you, I was fulfilling my D1 implied promise of checking the miller claims. In case it wasn't retroactively obvious since yesterday why I kept asking for Jack to not include our millers in his group chat offers day 1.
That's what I suspected. I don't know who you actually hit, but I don't have any group chats.

But it also sounds like you hit a pair of merged players, right? So, the logical conclusion from what was just stated is... that the player of that pair who you hadn't already confirmed was a "no", must be the "yes".

We also may not know who was 'hit' D3 by the Esteemed Lenglon:

My night results: Toonyman is not in a group chat.

one miller confirmed, I'll need some time to confirm the other.
I can confirm I'm not in a group chat. No hidden mason group to catch out liars.

I know that two visited Esteemed Toonyman last night and I was one of the two.  I can't confirm the other, but of those present, only Esteemed Lenglon made a related to that claim.

But I was still redirectable when I did that action.  I know that whomever I used that item on, they had 2 visitors, and I presume one has to be me since I did get info about them.  I was told it was Esteemed Toonyman.

The coincidences pile high, if there's redirection here, because the numbers seem to fit, for me.  If Esteemed Lenglon was redirected, someone else had to visit the Esteemed Toonyman, and if so, who and why?  There are only so many possibles.  So I lean towards some other explanation than both Esteemed Imp and Esteemed Lenglon were redirected N2.

As for me, I'm not in a private chat.  I don't have much evidence about that to offer except how hard I worked D1 to try and get into Piratechat, when I wasn't busy being scared it was a conversion trap.  I can't point to evidence past D1, but I state, I am not.  Also, as of 'becoming Esteemed Webadict', if that happened, and I was told my role has changed, and I attempted to use and received a confirmation message about using Esteemed Webadict's/Esteemed Imp's ability 'basic inspect' - well, I presume I indeed cannot change alignment now, in case that helps.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: December 28, 2023, 10:31:34 pm »

But I currently suspect Esteemed Toonyman and Esteemed Imp were commingled N3, based on Esteemed notquitethere's report about Esteemed Toonyman's targeting.  The rest of it, not sure of, but I'm certain:

Esteemed notquitethere is town.

So I expect honesty, if possibly redirection too.  Could someone else have targeted themself and Esteemed Imp last night?  If so, then that one could potentially show as 'Esteemed Toonyman' doing that.

I have no idea if that's even possible, but that's the only other maybe I can think of, presuming certain accuracy in the targeting that Esteemed notquitethere reported the inspection revealed.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: December 28, 2023, 10:43:14 pm »

so we can say Esteemed Secretdorf is town and work from there.

Can you help me understand why you are so interested in us saying the Esteemed Secretdorf is town?

Esteemed The Canadian kitten said as much, and didn’t die and revive in the night as they did when they inspected Esteemed sofanthiel.

Let me clear some things up.

I can evolve my role via death.
My first role allows me to inspect players and that kills me if the player were anti-town (meaning I don't know their alignment and would also die to millers), used a kill action, or visited me (I didn't want to reveal it to prevent players from using that as a defense)

My current role now tells me the alignment of the player, and if they use a kill action or visit me, they are killed by me.
Plus a few other abilities that I think can hint at.
I'm sure Imp and Max would know what I am talking about. (assuming I didn't make this too cryptic and subtle to get)

Im pretty sure my role are affected by godfathers and millers
I been pretty distracted this entire day so, can someone recap the thing about potential game-wide redirection and NQT becoming confirmed town? I feel pretty lost right now.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: December 28, 2023, 10:46:42 pm »

I was under the imp-ression that step 1 had gone off, but not step 2 (because of that).
We’re forgetting the two-step process I mentioned. I was prevented from acting on Esteemed Imp because Esteemed ToonyMan is a dick decided to bus Esteemed Imp and Esteemed webadict.

Confirming as clearly as I can:

The only thing I can confirm about Esteemed hector13's action is the N1 bestowing of the court thing.

Esteemed hector13 made a lot of claims including that subsequent things should be visible.  None were.  I listed those off here.

From my view of what happened to me N2:

I used an item on Esteemed Toonyman.  I gained an expected result, the number of visitors to that person, specifically, I learned.

Then, the change to my role.

I still can't confirm anything about Esteemed hector13's claims except the D1 'here's the ability' part.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: December 28, 2023, 10:49:53 pm »

I been pretty distracted this entire day so, can someone recap the thing about potential game-wide redirection and NQT becoming confirmed town? I feel pretty lost right now.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten:

I sort of became Esteemed Webadict N3.  The roleflip show as certain inspect.  I used it on Esteemed notquitethere and got a successful inspect.  Since it succeeded, and I did furfull the post restriction, I trust it completely.

The rest, we're not sure about maybe a game-wide redirection, we're still trying to confirm that or not.

Claims list from D2 and D3 are here. if that helps you.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: December 28, 2023, 10:54:30 pm »

Esteemed The Canadian kitten:  Also please think before voting, as Esteemed Secretdorf has 5 votes today and hammer is 8.  I personally am focused on being sure about if Esteemed Secretdorf is actually town.  They may be, and I am hoping I can understand how to be surer of that, either way, before night.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: December 28, 2023, 10:58:09 pm »

If the facts imply that a mass redirect happened, I'm going back to voting NQT.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: December 28, 2023, 11:04:48 pm »

Wait, hold on a minute (emphasis added):

That's a reasonable suspicion! Here's some possibilities:

1. It's a bluff/sofa is a bad player and he really will die for real

2. Sofa can't be killed until a scumbuddy dies

3. Sofa is a third party whose win condition is to die a certain number of times.

4. Sofa has a limited number of resses but its all a part of a plan to buy time for scum buddy to enact plan.

There must be at least two other mafia members, possibly more, possibly multiple teams, possible serial killers too. Even if we think Sofa is most likely scum, we can kill someone else today and block/follow/inspect/etc Sofa in the night.

PFP

Can we not have a player at L-1 so someone accidentally hammers?

More later
Pretty sure is L-2 right now as both Imp and I jumped off.

I backed off on this earlier when I realized I had misread the tone, but with a known scum redirector/merger/godknowswhat in play, "deal with the obvscum with night actions instead of the elimination" was a completely bonkers suggestion. What the hell, NQT?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: December 28, 2023, 11:12:33 pm »

Wait, I misread Imp's post as implying they were redirectable after all. I'm still not unvoting until you explain what was going on there.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: December 28, 2023, 11:12:51 pm »

We’re fucking weird round here. I think it was BYOR16 in which Esteemed ToonyMan was inspected scum and I got lynhed ‘cause I lied about stealing someone’s vote, and I’m pretty sure Esteemed notquitethere was the one to start the wagon on me in that one.

You also have to bear in mind Esteemed Imp can’t be re-directed if they fulfill their post restriction, which they currently claim is the case, and they used a pure inspect on Esteemed notquitethere and got a town result. I’m cool looking elsewhere for the time being.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: December 28, 2023, 11:14:49 pm »

Wait, hold on a minute (emphasis added):

Hey.  remember this?

Warehouse 13 (Town)
(Auto) Don’t Worry About It: You cannot gain status conditions, change alignment, join any private chats, have your action targets changed, gain abilities, lose abilities, or have abilities modified. If you successfully alignment inspect someone, your result cannot be distorted from reality. The sole exception to these conditions is that Contractual Niceness can Disable this ability.
(Auto) Contractual Niceness: You are required to maintain a calm and kind demeanor during the Day and in private chats. If you violate this condition, Don’t Worry About It will be Disabled until you follow this condition for a full Day. You are encouraged to take breaks from the game whenever you feel like you need to.
(Night) Basic Inspect [target]: You learn your target’s alignment.
(1-Shot, Night) Simplify [target]: Your target’s role loses all abilities.

This is what I changed to except:

Different name.  I still have my original innate(s).

I say I inspected Esteemed notquitethere last night.  I say I believe I met the conditions for maintaining those two autos intact.

Do you believe I can be redirected?  Or that I lie?

If the answer to both is no - Esteemed notquitethere is town.

Wrong, maybe.  But town.

And we have a possible anything with 5 votes in an 8 vote hammer day.  And unknown number of non-town.

Please be very careful with your vote.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 207