Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79780 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1710 on: December 28, 2023, 07:56:22 pm »

Max, are you saying Hector received flavor about being caught in a web yesterday? He explicitly denied receiving that. If this is the case, I agree, he's scum. Or is it something else?

Ignore all this, it's 1AM and I'm tired and mixing people up. It was BHK who denied being blocked with a (spider)web-themed power.

I need to go to bed. I'd like to know what's happening with the Max/Lenglon/Hector claims, but I need sleep more!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: December 28, 2023, 07:56:28 pm »

Max, are you saying Hector received flavor about being caught in a web yesterday? He explicitly denied receiving that. If this is the case, I agree, he's scum. Or is it something else?
No, it's something else. I know of an action with flavor about being caught in a web, that also interacts with what appears to be the steamy post restriction - inflicting it or removing it as well as letting the player know if it was there to begin with.

Since I'm taking this to be true:
I only do the post restriction.
Then I am assuming that must be the action that esteemed worthy must have taken last night. But since it's web-related, maybe it was you instead?

I will also note that following said post restriction appears to control the ability to use kill actions, which is why it's awfully concerning that I already know a player is following it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: December 28, 2023, 07:57:12 pm »

Max: I know who I targeted, but not who I was redirected to. My actions had different results so at least one did not hit my initial target.
It appears a lot of, maybe all, targets may have been randomized tonight.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: December 28, 2023, 07:58:03 pm »

quote author=Maximum Spin link=topic=182211.msg8520067#msg8520067 date=1703811432]
Max: I know who I targeted, but not who I was redirected to. My actions had different results so at least one did not hit my initial target.
[/quote]
If that's the case, someone should have gotten my bomb.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1714 on: December 28, 2023, 07:59:21 pm »

Before hammer, could the Esteemed notquitethere and the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal discuss this web thing?  As a sort of stand in for the Esteemed Webadict, maybe this is a clue I should ask for more information about.

The webs thing is a claim from Esteemed notquitethere, made late D3, had targetted the other.  I'll pull all the relevant quotes in a moment.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: December 28, 2023, 08:00:26 pm »

Knightwing64 doesn't have a vote, and I don't have Knightwing64's vote, so both me and Secretdorf were randomized to Knightwing64, or we both targeted Knightwing64 because we have the same sense in who we want to steal votes from. I don't know about Secretdorf, but I targeted Knightwing64 during N3.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: December 28, 2023, 08:00:55 pm »

Would you mind telling me who you initially targeted?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: December 28, 2023, 08:03:32 pm »

Esteemed Imp, can you ask Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist if your post restriction thing activated?

PPE:
Oh the webs aren’t me. I only do the post restriction. Both Esteemed Imp and Esteemed Jim Groovester would be able to confirm that webs aren’t involved, unless you consider excessive etiquette to be a web.
Well, that's the concerning thing. The webs and the esteem are directly related. It gives the impression that you two are on the same team.

Your scumreading me because of flavour? Eurgh.

Look I’m trying to be cryptic here but we’re at something of an impasse. I need information from you which will likely make my claims about this to be moot.

One assumes you acted on me N3?

Oh the webs aren’t me. I only do the post restriction. Both Esteemed Imp and Esteemed Jim Groovester would be able to confirm that webs aren’t involved, unless you consider excessive etiquette to be a web.

I can't confirm anything about webs nor wanting to call everyone Esteemed Hams.

Hmm. I know for suresies I acted on you, though I haven’t actually asked how my abilities interact with redirects or things of that ilk.

PPE:
No, it's something else. I know of an action with flavor about being caught in a web, that also interacts with what appears to be the steamy post restriction - inflicting it or removing it as well as letting the player know if it was there to begin with.

Since I'm taking this to be true:
I only do the post restriction.
Then I am assuming that must be the action that esteemed worthy must have taken last night. But since it's web-related, maybe it was you instead?

I will also note that following said post restriction appears to control the ability to use kill actions, which is why it's awfully concerning that I already know a player is following it.

Oh you’re worried about it like that? I get the suspicion now.

That’s not how my restriction works, it’s what I give to other people to make them kill immune. It’s a two-step process, they need the auto before I can change it to be immune to those actions.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: December 28, 2023, 08:06:09 pm »

Hmm. I know for suresies I acted on you, though I haven’t actually asked how my abilities interact with redirects or things of that ilk.

If it's something I would notice. e.g. a status, then that didn't happen to me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: December 28, 2023, 08:07:08 pm »

But since it's web-related, maybe it was you instead?
I didn't do anything web-related last night. The only spiderweb-related thing I did was on N2.

Toonyman, can you confirm you self-targeted and targeted Imp? Or are you saying you only targeted Imp?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: December 28, 2023, 08:07:47 pm »

When it happened to me, I definitely gained a status, and it clearly involved Esteem.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: December 28, 2023, 08:08:53 pm »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: December 28, 2023, 08:09:39 pm »

This is going to make my question to Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist a bit redundant then, but I’ll ask it anyway…

Also, having just re-read my PM, the flavour does involve a web of words, so my assumption is I was redirected to Esteemed Maximum Spin.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: December 28, 2023, 08:09:58 pm »

Max: I targeted you, I was fulfilling my D1 implied promise of checking the miller claims. In case it wasn't retroactively obvious since yesterday why I kept asking for Jack to not include our millers in his group chat offers day 1.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: December 28, 2023, 08:10:58 pm »

Toonyman, can you confirm you self-targeted and targeted Imp? Or are you saying you only targeted Imp?
I only targeted Imp. I can't target more than one person with my protect. Are you saying I also targeted myself last night? Because this is sounding like the unclaimed "merger" at work again, making me and Imp "merge".
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 207