Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80088 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1680 on: December 28, 2023, 07:34:12 pm »

Welp, I’m inclined not to vote for Esteemed Secretdorf this day.

PPE: maybe, anyway. Esteemed The Canadian kitten, does your abilities say anything about how they interact with Millers/Godfathers/anything that may change inspection results?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: December 28, 2023, 07:34:53 pm »

I believe that the Esteemed hector13 is, regrettably, evil.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: December 28, 2023, 07:35:08 pm »

Knightwing64, please claim your night actions. We have two or three unclaimed N2 actions (the kill on webadict; whatever infested JG's daykill; and whatever let sofanthiel act twice, assuming -- wait, no, that was probably just Egan's power).

Several who spoke D2 seemed to think that Esteemed Egan_BW's power (Mafiakill, Night) Broken DOOR [target]: was used N1, that was a huge part of that one's being eliminated.

It is not clear that another scum could have copied that one's power from what was roleflipped so far.  An unflipped scum maybe could activate it for that one?

But if Esteemed Egan_BW used

(Night) Tainted Power [target][choice(delayed)]: The freedom you grant is inverted. Your target may make an additional action the next Night. On that Night, you may choose a player - the primary target of their actions is redirected to your choice.

Do I understand correctly if Esteemed Egan_BW used that power N1 on Esteemed sofanthiel, then Esteemed sofanthiel could do two things N2, and on N2 Esteemed Egan_BW would be able to choose someone and redirect them - but Egan_BW was dead before that choice could be made.

But why would Esteemed sofanthiel want to die D3 like that?  To empower Esteemed Secretdorf, whom I want us all to eliminate today, because that worthy would have had 6 votes today if somehow Esteemed sofanthiel regained the 2?? and with Esteemed sofanthiel there to vote too, scum have all the hammer power needed with Esteemed CrystalizedMire and Esteemed Knightwing64 banished.  Even without a successful night kill, hammer would be 6, Esteemed Sofanthiel on cooldown for that ability (except somehow already was?) and we would be in serious trouble.

No need for a hammer and early end of day.  But oh, I need convincing if there is some other explaination for Esteemed Secretdorf's behavior other than scum moving to consolidate power to destroy town in a very direct way.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: December 28, 2023, 07:36:03 pm »

Welp, I’m inclined not to vote for Esteemed Secretdorf this day.

Esteemed hector13, please explain the reasoning for your inclination?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: December 28, 2023, 07:37:16 pm »

Alright, let's roll with it.

hector13
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 28, 2023, 07:37:29 pm »

This is more interesting to discuss than Esteemed Secretdorf.

I suspect I know why you chat like this, but if this is some sort of gambit you’ve outed yourself and Esteemed Jim Groovester as being in cahoots.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: December 28, 2023, 07:37:46 pm »

Huh, still alive.

Pfp
I investigated Secretdorf, my result shows them as town
Okay, cool. What were the conditions that made you die and revive again? I'm vaguely worried that Secretdorf is a killless godfather SK or something (especially since you don't need a kill when you're a walking hammer).

This is a strong argument. The only problem is that if you're scum and Secretdorf is town, then you want him out of the picture so town doesn't completely dominate the lynch. I think you're likely scum. However, I think Secretdorf could also be an SK. Meh.
Reassess your reads today. You and BHK are the best candidates to be SKs with your claimed kill abilities. I demonstrably have not been killing people, and I don't think you're so stupid as to think I'm on the same team as Egan and Sofanthiel.

PPE: I like spreadsheets too. Your vote on me makes zero sense from a town perspective, especially a town player who has clearly paid enough attention to take notes.
You have consistently given me bad vibes. You pushed against sofanthiel's lynch yesterday. You made an unverified claim on a night with at least one unclaimed scum action, possibly two (I don't see why town would curse (?) JG but who knows). The only player to have flipped town had you at the bottom of their read list. Why would I not be voting you?

I agree that BHK and I are, mechanically speaking, good BHK candidates. However, I know I'm not one and I think BHK being scum is less likely than you being scum.

Yeah, I can buy this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: December 28, 2023, 07:38:02 pm »

I’m also sad I may have to reveal my secret weapon :'(

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: December 28, 2023, 07:39:08 pm »

3 votes is hammer range for the Esteemed Secretdorf.

I don't know yet if I may have been redirected.  I targeted Esteemed notquitethere with a basic inspect last night, I believe my condition was met (which doesn't prevent redirects as far as I know.  Esteemed notquitethere, or whomever I was directed to, is town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: December 28, 2023, 07:39:21 pm »

Well, well well well well well well.

So Imp knows my true alignment now does he.

Toony self-targeted, and either targeted Imp or was targeted by Imp.

Also, Imp and Toony were telling the truth about their rolename claims.
This is true. I used my protect last night.

I don't see a world where NQT is ever Mafia here. Mafia!Egan most likely tried to kill them on N1 (although Egan probably ended up targeting Sofantheil instead because of unclaimed shenanigans) and if we believe NQT then someone tried to kill NQT on N1.

We have players that seem to be clearly being 'merged' sometimes, with nobody claiming that ability.  But I think Esteemed notquitethere and Esteemed sofanthiel were possibly merged N1, and that Esteemed CrystalizedMire and Esteemed Knightwing64 were possibly merged N2.

I am unsure we can rule out either CrystalizedMire or Knightwing64 from being of any alignment, since we now have reason to believe that the Esteemed Egan_BW may indeed have killed the Esteemed sofanthiel N1 - or have we ruled that out?

But there's some significant whammying going on from what I see, and some of it may be harming scum, but why I am unsure.  Not understanding their abilities?  Someone able to directly mess them up (another scum team?  A third party?  A very artful townie?)
It does feel like NQT and Sofanthiel were "merged" on N1 instead of bussed.

Hector is probably scum with Secretdorf then, yes?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: December 28, 2023, 07:39:28 pm »

The only player to have flipped town had you at the bottom of their read list.
*near the bottom

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: December 28, 2023, 07:40:39 pm »

Hector is probably scum with Secretdorf then, yes?
Conceivable. There's flavor involving being caught in webs involved, though, which I seem to recall hearing about the last day.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: December 28, 2023, 07:40:45 pm »

I had strange results last night, I was marked for death, and my action was repeated despite me not double-actioning. I'd like to sit on my information until some more claims have been made before sharing if nobody minds.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: December 28, 2023, 07:42:29 pm »

I celebrated my return to PC with spreadsheets:

I declared the roleblock D2 from N1.

I declared that I gained and lost status effect from Esteemed BlackHeartKabal N1.  Esteemed Toonyman claims able to remove status effects, Esteemed Hector13, who I am certain targeted me N1, claims not to remove status effects.  The ability gain from Esteemed hector13 did not indicate it removed status effects, but that's all I can confirm.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: December 28, 2023, 07:43:28 pm »

I had strange results last night, I was marked for death, and my action was repeated despite me not double-actioning. I'd like to sit on my information until some more claims have been made before sharing if nobody minds.

Do you know who you targeted last night? If you do, you may have just broken the game open. I certainly know that you used your chat-detector and it hit two players, but I don't know whom.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 207