Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79328 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1620 on: December 27, 2023, 11:04:43 am »

Why even apologize when you keep repeating the same behavior that you seem to feel is worth apology?
Feeling that particular conduct is apology-worthy doesn't guarantee that I'm completely exempt from it. :P

What are your reads of the game?  What's the game's story, where is your focus, what is your thinking?

And why do you read to me as 'eager to die today'?
1. I've not been paying the closest attention to the day discussions.  It's moderately exhausting to keep track of everything everyone's been ramblin' 'bout, so my attention has been mainly focused on my primary function.  Based on the relatively little I have gleaned, both Jack and Secret are low on my internal town list.  I, too, worry that they will soon gain complete control over the voting system.  I'm also still suspicious of Max.  He is no less cryptic (as amusing as it is coming from me) than before and has been among the first to jump on the sofanthiel wagon every time one has appeared.  After more careful rereading, he didn't even bother providing a reason for the one today!  Out of those I have trust in, I'd say Toony is definitely in the upper echelon.
4. My thinking is that, in the event I pass on during the next 2 hours, I've done plenty to feel like I've achieved a goal this game and have helped my team progress towards their win condition.
5. Probably because I'm not freaking out about it, haha.
(I'm not writing a micro-essay, which is the minimum amount of work I can conceptualize doing to summarize everything that's happened this crazy game so far, and the answer to 3. is present in 1.)

And when you die, everyone including anti-town sees your full roleflip.
Maybe there's a reason why your argument here might not be entirely unfaulty, Imp?  You consider some things you really shouldn't a priori.  I'm not so ignorant as to not foresee such a glaring issue in the given scenario.

I really detest tvtropes.
Why so?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 27, 2023, 11:08:47 am »

You were inspected scum, you realize.

I really detest tvtropes.
Why so?
That's not really worth discussing in the middle of a mafia game, it's just terribly dull and shallow.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 27, 2023, 11:14:04 am »

The Esteemed Secretdorf also wanted anyone to ask for a vote count, except for the Esteemed EuchreJack, because that one might actually do it.  Later says they get an extra vote every day if asked for one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This doesn't make sense.  It contradicts itself.  There's more that isn't said here, including that issue about being asked for a votecount slightly after Esteemed Mamobo has just given one.  There's deep manipulation here (note, I am capable of recognizing, liking, and being comfortable with very deep manipulation - that's not the problem to me.   If this felt town, I'd be dancing in this one's hands or at their feet, if I felt I could do so calmly enough.)  I cannot feel town wincon in this, and I see likely collusion with Esteemed sofanthiel, who I also cannot feel town wincon interest from.

If you're going to vote someone, Euchre, I'd actually recommend Egan_BW or Secretdorf.  I don't know if they realized why, but both of them just made really suspicious posts.

What I think may happen if Esteemed sofanthiel is eliminated today:

1) The banishees become banshees (Probably not, but lost/dead even if we don't know)
2) The Esteemed Secretdorf gains two votes that were already scum votes, preserving them for that team even with the loss of Esteemed sofanthiel
3) Additional benefit to that scum team that I think I see them being together in.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 27, 2023, 11:16:59 am »

EBWOP:

Mislinked quote, I was trying to bring back the words of my tag-team partner, the Esteemed Webadict.

If you're going to vote someone, Euchre, I'd actually recommend Egan_BW or Secretdorf.  I don't know if they realized why, but both of them just made really suspicious posts.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 27, 2023, 11:21:16 am »

I have quietly held the idea that Esteemed Secretdorf is a baddie, but other people I trust have been less bothered by it, and it’s a lot to do with the NAI vote hoarding.

I would probably prefer the lynch order to be him then Esteemed sofanthiel.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 27, 2023, 11:21:42 am »

Esteemed sofanthiel:
Based on the relatively little I have gleaned, both Jack and Secret are low on my internal town list.  I, too, worry that they will soon gain complete control over the voting system.

'Jack' you say.  Under the current situation, who is 'Jack' to you?  Do you mean the Esteemed EuchreJack, was that a typo, or who else is now 'Jack' to you?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 27, 2023, 11:23:13 am »

Context would imply Esteemed Jim Groovester, given he’s the only other player to have received votes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 27, 2023, 11:24:45 am »

Maybe there's a price for Esteemed Secretdorf if the person who's votes are stolen does not die that day.  The Esteemed Secretdorf seems slow to use that vote-stealing power except on Esteemed sofanthiel, apparently choosing to do 'nothing' N1 and stating not intending to steal any votes N3.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 27, 2023, 11:28:18 am »

Jack
s/Jack/Jim
Knew I should've proofread once more!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 27, 2023, 11:31:00 am »

Context would imply Esteemed Jim Groovester, given he’s the only other player to have received votes.

If Esteemed EucherJack had lived, and passed that hat to a Piratechat member before Esteemed EuchreJack's death, that person would now have two votes.

If someone can steal from the dead, they can potentially steal that hat.  I actually asked about that - snag, bag, tag was me, once upon a time, and while I don't want to rob the dead, I would rather empower my allies - I could not expressly target the dead with that intent to take all they had.  But the answer I got made me think that was the problem for me was 'I can't target the dead in that fashion' [I sure could in other fashion(s)], not that the hat was gone forever.

Another reasonable answer might be that Esteemed sofanthiel, regardless of actual alignment, has access to deadchat, and somehow Esteemed EuchreJack was able to choose to give that hat or not.  I note that the change I caused would not have empowered the Esteemed EuchreJack to give that hat, because I was only able to restore that one's access to night abilities.

So I lean towards theft, not gift, because to my understanding Esteemed EuchreJack probably didn't have the power to choose to give the hat to someone they share deadchat with.  But that's my estimation, not my certain knowledge.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 27, 2023, 11:34:51 am »

EBWOP

So I lean towards theft - or some completely other explanation for Esteemed sofanthiel's apparent two votes.  But if it came from Esteemed EuchreJack's hat, Esteemed Secretdorf's theft of the vote I guess carries it onwards, based only on my guessing.

Esteemed sofanthiel, do you have two votes?  If so, why/how, given that you clearly had one D1?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 27, 2023, 11:36:20 am »

sofanthiel tell me your end of Day 3 game plan that lynches scum if you're so valuable you can't claim. You've said nothing of value otherwise.

How about two roleblockers on Esteemed Sofanthiel, one of them the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, and the other to ensure the target is roleblocked if the ghostly one is visited or chooses to do something else?

Really not on board spending resources to mitigate sofanthiel when we could solve his slot by lynching him instead and then think about other things.

Okay, the long and the short of it is that I'm worrying that Imp may have been right that killing sofanthiel now will permanently obliterate the banishees (banshees?), and consequently, I'm not feeling quite so comfortable permanently awarding those votes to Secretdorf given how happy Secretdorf seemed to be about it.

Yeah I mean wouldn't it just be the worst if Knightwing64 and Crystalizedmire were no longer in the game and couldn't use their own votes how they saw fit?

my role is so valuable

This has never been true in a BYOR.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 27, 2023, 11:50:24 am »

At this time I can't confirm what I intend to do at night.  I do lean towards an inspect, but the target may shift based on what day's end brings.  Also, though my 'pre-deceasor' the Esteemed Webadict always announced, and I guess I can agree to that... that also got the person interfered with pretty effectively each night.

There's more than one person likely to be alive N3 who could use a good inspection.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 27, 2023, 12:05:00 pm »

I live, I die, I live again!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 27, 2023, 12:08:00 pm »

The puzzle of the extra vote.  Esteemed Secretdorf, explain your mention of vote hording and your other vote weirdness.
If I fulfill another player's call for a votecount, I gain another vote.

I am calmly and nicely somewhat perturbed by your apparent malingering.

How about you explain again and more clearly why you didn't want the Esteemed EuchreJack to request a votecount from you/were not going to grant it if that worthy did, but wanted anyone else to ask for one?
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 207