Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79965 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1560 on: December 26, 2023, 05:34:13 pm »

@Imp:
NQT tracked Elephant Parade on N1. They basically stated this at the start and then confirmed their result after EP claimed I believe. I think their claim is...probably true? So I'm not sure who roleblocked Webadict on N1. Max said something like Canadian Kitten and Webadict were roleblocked by the same thing while we know now you were blocked by BlackHeart.
Check Egan's roleflip.

Everyone who investigated sofanthiel or Egan on night 1 was roleblocked by the kill.
That's right. Egan must have used Broken DOOR to try to kill NQT (thought they were a Pirate?), but ended up hitting Sofanthiel instead. This is very amusing if Sofanthiel is Mafia because it means they're partners with Egan and hit each other.

I think this is worth mentioned again: Nobody has claimed the NQT/Sofanthiel bus on N1, correct? It was not me. It was most likely not Egan's Mafia team. This leaves the bus as an unclaimed action that Mafia didn't perform. I think this is further reasoning to suspect additional scum teams or at least malicious parties.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 26, 2023, 05:41:12 pm »

I think this is worth mentioned again: Nobody has claimed the NQT/Sofanthiel bus on N1, correct? It was not me. It was most likely not Egan's Mafia team. This leaves the bus as an unclaimed action that Mafia didn't perform. I think this is further reasoning to suspect additional scum teams or at least malicious parties.
That's a good point. I didn't assume that scum had done it, though, but it's true that a town player could have reasonably claimed it. If I take NQT's word about not being the banisher, I think those actions could be the work of the same party.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 26, 2023, 05:43:19 pm »

I am thinking similarly, though we have the Esteemed CrystalizedMire and the Esteemed Knightwing who possibly could have done thing(s) N2 besides or before going into the unknown

Esteemed notquite there claimed D2:

Pfp

Someone tried to kill me last night

It didn't stick. If I was bussed then it was my bus partner who was targeted, I suppose.

Related to why Jim has my vote? (What's "defensive" about vote theft?)

I do know that Elephant Parade didn't try to kill me or Sofanthiel.

Also got some other unsolicited info I don't understand.

Web, did you learn Sofanthiel's alignment? You tried to kill me, right? Extremely rude.

OK. One last thing. Do any of these words mean anything to anyone:

Heroa
Areoh
Orahe

And maybe some other stuff.  Bussing the soon to go down Esteemed Egan_BW or genuinely sharing info?  I have no idea.

Esteemed notquitethere, were those anagrams the 'unsolicited info' you were given?  Were you told anything else?

Do you understand why you might be getting 'unsolicited info'?

I note that I became capable, among other things, of sending something similar to that kind of message. But did not use that ability and had none to send.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 26, 2023, 05:47:51 pm »

snip
I see. Forgive me if I came off as aggressive. I have a very stream-of-consciousness style of things, and I was, admittedly, looking for ulterior motives in your questions, of which I didn't find any. Mafia's an interesting game in that regard, in that being honest and straightforward can be quite unexpected. I see my paranoia was unfounded.

I really hope that you're town, in the sense that I'll be quite disappointed to learn that you weren't an ally at the end if you aren't town. 
@Imp:
NQT tracked Elephant Parade on N1. They basically stated this at the start and then confirmed their result after EP claimed I believe. I think their claim is...probably true? So I'm not sure who roleblocked Webadict on N1. Max said something like Canadian Kitten and Webadict were roleblocked by the same thing while we know now you were blocked by BlackHeart.
Check Egan's roleflip.

Everyone who investigated sofanthiel or Egan on night 1 was roleblocked by the kill.
That's right. Egan must have used Broken DOOR to try to kill NQT (thought they were a Pirate?), but ended up hitting Sofanthiel instead. This is very amusing if Sofanthiel is Mafia because it means they're partners with Egan and hit each other.

Nobody claimed the bus? I can see why town wouldn't claim it, but mafia bussing into themselves would quite along the lines of concluding Jack was a pirate that outed himself.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 26, 2023, 05:48:56 pm »

Huh.  Esteemed Toonyman, would you mind explaining your D1 behavior of encouraging the Esteemed Jim Groovester to shoot you, and then have us eliminate the Esteemed EuchreJack when we see you are town?

Your abilities seem darn useful, town or not, and the loss of you early in play probably isn't pro town.  There's surely other ways to eliminate scum, and that ploy risks harming town twice, so what were you thinking?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 26, 2023, 05:56:51 pm »

What do you mean by webbing? Is that the flavor of your roleblock?
Yes. Given almost everything else seems to get some flavour confirmation, I thought my power might too, but it's possible it doesn't or it's possible BHK is lying or misread his PM.

Also, Esteemed notquitethere, what did you do N1?
I followed Elephant Parade who visited CrystalMire. I claimed this before Elephant Parade claimed his action.

Esteemed notquitethere, were those anagrams the 'unsolicited info' you were given?  Were you told anything else?

Do you understand why you might be getting 'unsolicited info'?

I note that I became capable, among other things, of sending something similar to that kind of message. But did not use that ability and had none to send.
I learned the word "Reaoh", I gave the anagrams to see who might know something without outright saying it. Web confirmed it's an ability in Gate of Dreams, belonging to Egan.

I suppose someone could have been very subtly trying to clue me that Egan is scum???? Honestly grasping at straws with this one.

The only people that didn't claim their N1 action I believe were:

BlackHeartKabal
sofanthiel

The person who bussed me, and the person who tried to kill Sofanthiel are probably in this group (remember I was alerted to a kill attempt, so I think there were two kills on N1).

These were the other N1 claims:

webadict:   RB'd inspecting NQT
Imp:   Blocked
Maximum Spin:   Doing something active to discover about Egan
Crystalizedmire:   Targeted Hector
Lenglon: Tracked Hector to Imp
Secretdorf:   Did 'nothing' - claiming to be a day actor.   
notquitethere:   Followed EP to Crystalmire
Elephant Parade:   Blocked and bombed Crystalisedmire
hector13:   Blessed Imp
Egan_BW:   Killed NQT, redirected to Sofa
ToonyMan (0):   Protected/blessed Imp
Knightwing64:   Tried to steal Web's inspect
Jim Groovester:   Stole Sof->NQT Vote
The Canadian kitten:   RB'd visiting Sofa

All to say we should definitely bin BHK or Sofanthiel today.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 26, 2023, 06:01:30 pm »

What do you mean by webbing? Is that the flavor of your roleblock?
Yes. Given almost everything else seems to get some flavour confirmation, I thought my power might too, but it's possible it doesn't or it's possible BHK is lying or misread his PM.

I confirm as a roleblocked player in this game, who had other things happen too -

Nothing of the flavor I was given N1 speaks at all of the status effect I got.

I believe the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal did visit me, because I saw the status.

I also know I was roleblocked.  I got nothing of the flavor.

However, I now intend to inspect the Esteemed notquitethere tonight, instead of pinning/inspecting the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal.

Also, we're one from hammer, and I am not sure we're done discussing, which is part of why I switched my intended inspect target.  Once day ends, so does discussion.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1567 on: December 26, 2023, 06:03:26 pm »

(Mafiakill, Night) Broken DOOR [target]: You shatter the path to your Progenitor. Every player using an investigative action on you or your target is roleblocked, and you kill your target.

Esteemed webadict, assuming he kept to his post restriction, was not able to be redirected from his target.

Bussing may be different though *shrug*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 26, 2023, 06:04:39 pm »

To be clearer, 100% of the flavor I was informed of N1 was clearly and obviously of the Esteemed hector13.  There was a lot of it.  It was impressive.

I also saw the info roleblocked, status gained, status lost, and the ability gain that is clearly from the Esteemed hector13.

The flavor was worded so that I could easily believe nearly anything of it, and wow there was a lot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 26, 2023, 06:12:59 pm »

I know you all ust have my word for it, but in case I turn up dead I really want to reiterate: I dodged a kill on N1. Two possibilities present themselves to me:

1. There are two shooters. One shot me (Egan), one shot Sofa and it redirected to. I survived because I can't be so easily killed. Sofa rezzed. The other shooter was most likely BHK or Superdorf.

2. The "bus" wasn't actually a bus per se, more like Sofa conjoined with me as action targets. Knowing he had a resurrection, his scum buddy Egan shot me, and both Sofa and I died. Sofa's power in this case would be intended to have this kind of fake resurrection.

Max, is #2 compatible with the inspect info you had?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1570 on: December 26, 2023, 06:19:51 pm »

(Mafiakill, Night) Broken DOOR [target]: You shatter the path to your Progenitor. Every player using an investigative action on you or your target is roleblocked, and you kill your target.

Esteemed webadict, assuming he kept to his post restriction, was not able to be redirected from his target.

Bussing may be different though *shrug*

N2 target:
Anyone that hasn't claimed yet is 10x more likely to be scum, all there is to it.  We can be done here because we aren't learning anything.

I'm inspecting notquitethere Tonight, but I'm pretty sure the Mafia are in BHK, Egan, sofa, NQT, and ToonyMan. 

N1 results:
I was Roleblocked.  My assumption is that I was Roleblocked by the same thing that Roleblocked The Canadian kitten, which is why Maximum Spin has information I don't.  Additionally, this is why Knightwing64 got no information.  Crystalizedmire solved that one pretty simply.

N1 target:

Maximum spin, I will investigate notquitethere, unless you deem sofanthiel or The Canadian kitten a better target.

The ability also states:

If you successfully alignment inspect someone, your result cannot be distorted from reality.
(Night) Basic Inspect [target]: You learn your target’s alignment.

I don't see any reason to think 'cannot be roleblocked'.  Unless the roleblock is from any of the stuff that is prevented, which is a lot.

It's stated the name of the ability was used:

Every player using an investigative action on you or your target is roleblocked, and you kill your target.

And there's no conflicting evidence.  Intentionally or not, Esteemed Egan_BW targetted the esteemed notquitethere with that (Mafiakill, Night) Broken DOOR [target]: power.

Rendering anyone attempting an inspect on either of those two people roleblocked (unless there's more going on).

We saw the Esteemed Sofanthiel die and revive, we heard the Esteemed notquitethere claim to be somewhat hard to kill....

To be crystal clear:
1. I know when people try to kill me. Someone tried to kill me and would have ordinarily succeeded last night.
2. I can't be killed so easily
3. The only reason to believe I was bussed was Jim claiming to have vote stolen Sofa and my vote was stolen. So I could have been bussed, or that could have another way
4. Webadict claimed to have an infallible way of finding someone's alignment. He hasn't made any claim about Sofanthiel's alignment. It seems likely to me that his supposedly infallible inspect was just a kill with a roleflip.

Sofanthiel, how did you revive?

And that worthy sure does appear hard to successfully inspect too.  calmly rubs hands together, having apparently been voluntold to tag-team-in for this

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 26, 2023, 06:25:38 pm »

Esteemed notquitethere:
The other shooter was most likely BHK or Superdorf.

If the other shooter N1 was the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, do we have any other understanding, if I'm telling the truth, how I could have gained and lost the Marked By Death status N1 given that I was roleblocked?

Why do you suspect the Esteemed Secretdorf as the other shooter?

And why don't you suspect anyone else?  I'm particularly thinking about our two missing people, but curious about why not anyone else at all?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 26, 2023, 06:33:53 pm »

On D2, everyone except BHK and Sofanthiel claimed their N1 actions. Superdorf claimed very late in the day that he did nothing. Making the ordinary assumption that a kill action would take up a whole action (this isn't always the case, but it's a good starting place), then the only people who didn't claim anything trackable were these three. It's process of elimination.

Besides that, BHK was super quiet as well, made hardly any posts. Secretdorf was also not that active.

If the other shooter N1 was the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, do we have any other understanding, if I'm telling the truth, how I could have gained and lost the Marked By Death status N1 given that I was roleblocked?
You're saying BHK must have targeted you on N1 (possibly to block you??). If that's the case, then Secretdorf is most likely second shooter then.

Secretdorf, if you're a day actor, then what have you been doing all these days??

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 26, 2023, 06:38:04 pm »

1. There are two shooters. One shot me (Egan), one shot Sofa and it redirected to. I survived because I can't be so easily killed. Sofa rezzed. The other shooter was most likely BHK or Superdorf.

2. The "bus" wasn't actually a bus per se, more like Sofa conjoined with me as action targets. Knowing he had a resurrection, his scum buddy Egan shot me, and both Sofa and I died. Sofa's power in this case would be intended to have this kind of fake resurrection.

We also have reason to believe that there can be 'non-living players' and we saw Esteemed sofanthiel die and res for no known reason and try ever so hard to die today.

It looks like a plan.

I was allowed to create a nearly unstoppable unliving town player end of D2.  No idea what happens now to that, given my changes.  But what was that maybe balancing?

I really feel uneasy about how eagerly the Esteemed Sofanthiel is running to their death.  I wonder what is being set up for

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 26, 2023, 06:48:47 pm »

PFP

Can we not have a player at L-1 so someone accidentally hammers?

More later
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 207