Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79451 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1470 on: December 25, 2023, 08:39:04 pm »

later said that spooky feeling was the text I reported D2, 'Marked By Death'.  Confirms has vote again after it was gone D2.
Just to clarify, my flavour text was a spooky feeling, and the mechanic text was marked. So it was both. BHK will almost certainly know he was hit by my power and can confirm it. It will have a very distinct description

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: December 25, 2023, 08:40:42 pm »

You had good knowledge of the alignments in play due to your role, and you yourself admitted to me that you had an agenda are mental the highlights when I think of you. You thunderdomed hard with Jack, and Jack's... response tilted things against him, which put Jack in the spotlight for most of that time. There were things with you that had me ticking like a metronome between "Imp is a cornerstone of the Town and probably trustworthy" and "This is the exact sort of person that's going to kill everyone else when we hit sub-seven players". You pick up on Sofanthiel before most of the others for being too cagey and not giving as much as they wanted to grab, but you urge the SK to target pirates, but you act independently and focus on investigation, but you admit to me you have an agenda when I tell you I suspect you of being a third party.

In terms of "one hell of a bus being memorable and detailed", what's not obvious? It would be one hell of a bus if you two were scum because, if you both are, then that means that, by the first day, you were trying to get them killed for credibility, which would be a ruthless and very high risk, high reward play. I don't think that's the case now, though.

To my thinking I sure did explore the Esteemed Euchrejack's thinking and understanding of why he did what he did/said what he said.  To me that's not thunderdoming - it's nearly identical what you and I are doing now, except I had more to go on related to that person's claims and everyones' memories are fresher.

To my thinking, I barely exchanged interactions with the Esteemed Sofanthiel back on D1.  I did join third on the pressure on him, and unlike the other two pressure voting, I had multiple questions with my vote as well as a read on him.

You follow up a couple hours after that read and questions but quote me from an earlier post - where I am still flipping out about the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist maybe having no anti-town in play yet, maybe just all town that can turn and allies or something - which now that my role is gone none might see why I wondered that, having seen my own role and the Esteemed TricMagic's -

But you somehow turn this into the idea of if it can clear the Esteemed sofanthiel.

Shivers
Horses and zebras. My idea of it, presuming prior theories of two scum teams is correct, is that Jack is meant to build his own scum team on the first night - which, if correct, makes this an effective four in one. I do hope that I'm not tunneling on the potential value of this, though.

This doesn't clear sofanthiel if Jack flips scum

I don't even see the connection.

Just a few hours later, same chronological day, the Esteemed Hector13 also gives a read and some questions on the Esteemed Sofanthiel, which bothered me a bit at the time because it's nearly identical to my own.  However, I do think it's likely independent work, though I had to think about that a bit.

I'm surprised you're so focused on my 'focus' on the Esteemed Sofanthiel day 1 though.  Near as I can tell, I checked him out like other players, and my focus went to the Esteemed CrystalizedMire and the Esteemed Secretdorf.

So, here's a quote of my early read of that worthy, which you weirdly responded to a bit after with the idea of if the Esteemed EuchreJack's flip as scum could clear the Esteemed Sofanthiel.

Please do us a kindness and explain your thinking, and help me see what I got right about this person, so early?

Let's not entirely forget CrystalizedMire, in case, but, maybe 3 works even better.  Sofanthiel?

Hey buddy!

Here's my current read of you.

Came in with roleplay, switched to standard proceedure.  Y'vote Maximum Spin as you answer RVS, but you don't question them.

I know that you say have fun beside Elephant Parade, and you appear to rolefish at EP

Elephant Parade, Is your ability offensive or defensive?  Who do you plan to use it on?  Is my 2nd question even applicable to your secret power?

but you don't seem to like me asking you even what you were thinking -

Role fishing is considered a scum move because the mafia would know who to target. Also, I'm pretty sure we have this kind of talk before
If my role PM is anything to go by, this game seems exponentially more complex than that. :P

What were you thinking about and referring to when you said this?

I deliberately chose to omit such details; asking me to elaborate seems like an attempt to fish out my role.

Huh, so, it's okay if you do it, but not others.  Also, no.  I wanna know what you were thinking.  Are you thinking only about your role?  CrystalizedMire talked to you about rolefishing.  You answer oddly.  I ask you about what you're thinking; you suggest I'm rolefishing.  I'm asking you what your thoughts are.  If you submitted 'My thoughts' as your role, well, whoops.  I wasn't going for that.  But surely you have non-classified thoughts too?  Anything?

After all, you chose to not omit such details when you said what you said.  Why say it?  Just having funsies?

But what about your wincon, and your scumhunting?  You do this:

In fact, Max might actually be more likely to speak if I don't make what I want to hear so obvious. ;D

I step forward, take a heroic pose, and say, "Then I have no choice but to take on the duty of enforcing it!"

So... my read ends with thinking you intend to coast into D2, that that's your strat.  Others can scumhunt, others can work.  You'll just take what looks good, and play, and look boldly heroic where it's not clearly work at all.

What do you think of that read?

What do you think about making that impression?

What are you going to do?
Firstly - what is thunderdoming, then?
Second - you pressure him, you vote him, you ask him questions that, to my memory, there were no satisfactory answers to. Is that not the definition of a good lead? What has Sofanthiel done to dissuade voting them? What have they done to make any of us think that they're town in a sense beyond "I need to convince the others I'm on their side to cover my own arse"?

In terms of your theory of there being no anti-town, it isn't a bastard, and besides that, I think the game would have just ended if there were no anti-town players. In a word, ignorable, if I were particularly dismissive.

Regarding you and hector, yes, they were both the same questions, but hector was never suspicious to me, and your questions were posted first to begin with. I've outright said that I consider hector to be town, and I trust his reads - so that both of you focused on Sofanthiel early made it a good lead to follow, barring the concluded unlikely circumstance that both you and Sofanthiel were scum. Even if hector were suspect, then the only thing that would matter in that regard would be copying your reads - but he wouldn't. As you pointed out, he likely came to the same conclusion independently. Which, again, wouldn't just happen without a reason. What's the issue here? And, following that, what gives the impression that just because I'm focused on you and Sofanthiel doesn't mean I consider Mire and Secretdorf suspects as well? We can't do everything all at once - we have a system of days and nights that provide us limited opportunities to do things, and the priority is not just in finding scum and hostile thirds, but also prioritizing order of investigation and elimination one we have that info, in this case.

And yes, I said that Jack's fate doesn't clear Sofanthiel if Jack flips scum, so regardless, we should not lose focus on Sofanthiel. I don't actually get what you're trying to point out, if anything. Both your and Hector's reads of Sofanthiel don't seem fundamentally erroneous, and I don't get why I have to disparage the accuracy of one to proclaim faith in the other. I have to reiterate, because I don't get what you're trying to get out of this other than my thought process and priorities - what are you trying to do?

At the heart of the Sofanthiel vote, if you're curious about that, we've gone through the whys. We're at the why nots. If you're questioning my voting Sofanthiel, question the why nots.

NQT's vote for Canadian isn't easy for me to get either, with everything we considered.
On D1? EOD was at like 3AM my time, I was fast asleep and couldn't react to whatever developments.

BHK, why are you posting competently now but were absent almost all of D2? Two players blocking you a wakeup call?

I was, to say the least, a mix of bewildered at Jack not flipping scum, and quite peeved with Webadict's commentary on participation and the Jack vote. I still am, on the latter, actually.

And yeah, I can get that. My sleep schedule isn't consistent, I'd imagine a timezone not in line with Fallacy's would further complicate that. I just don't see why Canadian was that much of a priority.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: December 25, 2023, 08:55:57 pm »

Firstly - what is thunderdoming, then?
Second - you pressure him, you vote him, you ask him questions that, to my memory, there were no satisfactory answers to. Is that not the definition of a good lead? What has Sofanthiel done to dissuade voting them? What have they done to make any of us think that they're town in a sense beyond "I need to convince the others I'm on their side to cover my own arse"?

In terms of your theory of there being no anti-town, it isn't a bastard, and besides that, I think the game would have just ended if there were no anti-town players. In a word, ignorable, if I were particularly dismissive.

Regarding you and hector, yes, they were both the same questions, but hector was never suspicious to me, and your questions were posted first to begin with. I've outright said that I consider hector to be town, and I trust his reads - so that both of you focused on Sofanthiel early made it a good lead to follow, barring the concluded unlikely circumstance that both you and Sofanthiel were scum. Even if hector were suspect, then the only thing that would matter in that regard would be copying your reads - but he wouldn't. As you pointed out, he likely came to the same conclusion independently. Which, again, wouldn't just happen without a reason. What's the issue here? And, following that, what gives the impression that just because I'm focused on you and Sofanthiel doesn't mean I consider Mire and Secretdorf suspects as well? We can't do everything all at once - we have a system of days and nights that provide us limited opportunities to do things, and the priority is not just in finding scum and hostile thirds, but also prioritizing order of investigation and elimination one we have that info, in this case.

And yes, I said that Jack's fate doesn't clear Sofanthiel if Jack flips scum, so regardless, we should not lose focus on Sofanthiel. I don't actually get what you're trying to point out, if anything. Both your and Hector's reads of Sofanthiel don't seem fundamentally erroneous, and I don't get why I have to disparage the accuracy of one to proclaim faith in the other. I have to reiterate, because I don't get what you're trying to get out of this other than my thought process and priorities - what are you trying to do?

At the heart of the Sofanthiel vote, if you're curious about that, we've gone through the whys. We're at the why nots. If you're questioning my voting Sofanthiel, question the why nots.

I appreciate your answers.  I'm sincerely interested in the answers to the questions I ask, though you do seem to be thinking a great deal about what I'm not asking.  I appreciate your thoughts shared.

What are your thoughts about the other players?  What are your reads at this time?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: December 25, 2023, 09:04:20 pm »

I acted on Esteemed Imp, pretty sure Esteemed BlackHeartKabal claimed to have been blocked.

That means the kill was performed by Esteemed notquitethere, Esteemed sofanthiel, Esteemed Jim Groovester, or someone who was lying, or the banished.

Given the bussing, Esteemed hector13, most likely you acted on the fallen Esteemed Webadict, but I'm not sure of that.

However, acting further on me is likely a less than usually effective thing to do, unless I noticeably break my posting restriction.

I was giving you something in addition to what I had already granted, but the action failed, presumably because Esteemed webadict’s abilities can’t be modified.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: December 25, 2023, 09:30:45 pm »

Be aware the claimed cultivator of votes, the Esteemed Secretdorf, who claims an unspecified benefit if the execution has 7 or fewer votes, and claims can horde votes, and who has not specifically said wishes to be the hammerer, currently has 3 votes.

I do believe this is the accurate current votecount:

sofanthiel (3): hector13, Jim Groovester, BlackHeartKabal,
BlackHeartKabal (1): notquitethere,
Secretdorf (1): Imp,
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
notquitethere (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

7 votes to hammer.

Not Voting ( 8 ):  Elephant Parade, Lenglon, Maximum Spin, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan

Be aware the claimed cultivator of votes, the Esteemed Secretdorf, who claims an unspecified benefit if the execution has 7 or fewer votes, and claims can horde votes, and who has not specifically said wishes to be the hammerer, currently has 3 votes.

Notice this interesting set of claims:

...Anyway, I would like to request that, if not too inconvenient, any chosen player not be hammered until number for hammer plummets down to seven, and upon day end, at time of execution, only be voted by seven players maximum.

As for why, it grants a benefit which will be obvious soon after we do that.

I could hoard 6 or 7 votes by D4.

I cultivate the Dao of votes.

And there's this too:
Secretdorf:

I will also say this: if at some point you need a votecount (and you are not EuchreJack), feel free to ask me, if I see the request before mamobo or fallacy do, I'll do it, you know, out of goodwill.

Being clear I am not asking for what you offer, or asking for anything.  But why did you even say what I quote?  It seems unconnected to what you quote, and the rest of the conversation around your post.  Also, why exclude the offer to EuchreJack?
Complying with a player's request for a votecount grants me a benefit which will become apparent once I actually do that. As for this being unconnected to the post I had quoted, yes it is: you somehow deleted my actual response to the quote. I said I would not do this service for Jack because he was reacting to everyone's posts in a funny way, and I figured he would ask me for a votecount if I offered, even though Mamobo had done one just a few posts ago.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1475 on: December 25, 2023, 10:23:44 pm »

Anyone that hasn't claimed yet is 10x more likely to be scum, all there is to it.  We can be done here because we aren't learning anything.

I'm inspecting notquitethere Tonight, but I'm pretty sure the Mafia are in BHK, Egan, sofa, NQT, and ToonyMan. 

Can we continue yet?  I will ask the same question:  "What are we learning?"  The scum have gone quiet, they do not participate, they won't claim anything, and people are trying to shift the vote away from Egan.  I get it:  Why trust Max or me or anyone, really, but delaying Day End for two pieces of (possibly unnecessary) information is not a good way to play.  Let's learn through dead scum.

@ToonyMan:  Vote Egan_BW, please.

Posting as it’s important.

Also looking back at N1 claims and such, which is a pain because I’m lazy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: December 25, 2023, 11:21:35 pm »

Esteemed Maximum Spin, Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist has declined my request to say “Steamed” instead of “Esteemed”.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: December 25, 2023, 11:27:17 pm »

How terribly frustrating. I'm jealous of my freedom when it comes to words, you know. I'll think it over for the remaining time.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: December 25, 2023, 11:29:42 pm »

One thing I should probably also mention is that it randomizes your target also.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: December 25, 2023, 11:34:47 pm »

Hey, Esteemed Secretdorf.  I find you're on my mind a lot.  I wonder if you're on your mind a lot too.  Can you help me identify the towniest things you've done this game?  I mean... things you've done to actively help town as best you could.  "TELL YOUR STORY OF THIS GAME" if you would.  I find I'm having trouble telling it myself as I read over your posts.  The stuff I'm looking for, it would ideally come from how you talk to others, as well as whatever you choose to claim about your night actions.

Esteemed Sofanthiel, Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, it would be very useful for me and likely others to hear your STORY OF THIS GAME as well, if you're willing.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 25, 2023, 11:35:38 pm »

One thing I should probably also mention is that it randomizes your target also.

I'm getting increasingly nervous about you.  I think you know why.  What shall be discussed?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: December 25, 2023, 11:44:59 pm »

I'm getting increasingly nervous about you.  I think you know why.  What shall be discussed?

One might consider the stakes first, no?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: December 25, 2023, 11:49:44 pm »

One might consider the stakes first, no?

On one hand, how much I trust you, (which is?) and what I can confirm of the claims you have made (which is?).  On the other, the risks (which are?).  There's other stakes.  But I do not know what to say, or think.  You do, do you?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 25, 2023, 11:50:25 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
BlackHeartKabal (1): notquitethere
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
notquitethere (0):
Secretdorf (1): Imp
sofanthiel (3): hector13, Maximum Spin, BlackHeartKabal
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

7 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (8): Elephant Parade, Jim Groovester, Lenglon, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan

Merr Crimbus to all.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: December 25, 2023, 11:54:17 pm »

*checks*  Whoops, apologies to all, I had swapped two of the Esteemed in my earlier attempted vote counts.

Merr Crimbus back to you, and everyone too!
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 207