Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79702 times)

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1245 on: December 21, 2023, 10:15:15 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Egan_BW          --7-- Maximum Spin*, Jim Groovester*, Jim Groovester*, Jim Groovester*, BlackHeartKabal*, webadict*, Lenglon*,
Crystalizedmire     --2-- Elephant Parade*, Imp*,
webadict            --2-- Knightwing64*, Secretdorf*,
Elephant Parade     --1-- Crystalizedmire*,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
hector13            --0--
Imp                 --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon             --0--
Maximum Spin        --0--
notquitethere       --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
sofanthiel          --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --5-- Egan_BW, hector13*, sofanthiel, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on December 23, 2023 at 23:30 Central Standard Time (~50 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: December 21, 2023, 10:25:34 pm »

Max: I cultivate the Dao of votes. I submitted random nonsense and got that...
Imp:My role's not even remotely related with Death or anything like that.
I'll address other questions in another post.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: December 21, 2023, 10:40:38 pm »

Hey, Imp, I have a story for you to dream if you want to try it. I don't know what it'll do, but I'm pretty sure it'll be hilarious and maybe resurrect TricMagic. And it goes a little something like this:
Trogdor was a man. I mean, he was a dragon-man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOR!
Burninating the countryside! Burninating the peasants! Burninating all the people, and their thatched-roof cottages!
THATCHED-ROOF COTTAGES!
And the Trogdor comes in the NIGHT!

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: December 21, 2023, 11:30:59 pm »

I'd like to suggest that the people who voted EuchreJack not be allowed to talk Today, unless they accurately defend why they ignored five people with solid logic and meta reading and proceeded to vote for someone who was absolutely Town.
I blame tunnel vision for the most part. It just didn't make sense why Jack would be so angry at everyone and ask for modkill if he was town. Like he could have roleclaimed, although I'm not sure how much it would've helped. (Jack did say later that he was enraged by the lurkers(including me) jumping on his wagon saying he scumslipped, that does make sense, sorry Jack.)

I have been thinking about it and Secretdorf gives me scummy vibes I can't really explain. Might just be their username and avatar being shady to be honest.
Usernamism and Avatarism are unholy sins! But that might partly explain why I'm being associated with Death.

Hey, Imp, I have a story for you to dream if you want to try it. I don't know what it'll do, but I'm pretty sure it'll be hilarious and maybe resurrect TricMagic.
I advise against it. It will complicate matters too much.

I'll rather not claim my night action . It is not related with other people's claimed actions and is not helpful in deciphering what happened last night. However, if someone still wants me to claim, I will.

I still have some doubts but I'm willing to trust webadict and go with an Egan elimination for now. It seems pretty obvious Sofanthiel is hiding things but that is a matter for another day.

Unvote

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: December 21, 2023, 11:33:59 pm »

It isn’t a matter for another day, we can deal with it now. Esteemed Egan_BW will probably be the lynch, especially if they don’t show up, but we can certainly show Esteemed sofanthiel they’re not going to slip into the background that easy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: December 21, 2023, 11:50:17 pm »

Egan_BW performed the Mafiakill and is thus scum.

Thank you, Esteemed Webadict

Max: I cultivate the Dao of votes. I submitted random nonsense and got that...
Imp:My role's not even remotely related with Death or anything like that.
I'll address other questions in another post.

Esteemed Secretdorf:

This fascinates me.  I hear you about your claim about your role.  Based on part of what I experienced last night, someone's role is heavily of death, but perhaps it's coincidence I think it you, and I should think something else of you.  Based on your behavior ... Appears to think, then looks alarmed and nauseated and rapidly indicates rejection and denial.  Everything looks off about your behavior to me, but maybe I just don't understand, I have no mechanic to refer to here.

About that random nonsense, why did it please you to submit random nonsense to a game like this... a personal invitation BYOR-sort, and what are you willing to say about that random nonsense which you choose to submit?

Esteemed Maximum Spin:  Oh goodness.  Yes, that does sound something like the Esteemed TricMagic, doesn't it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PPE:

Spoiler: Esteemed Secretdorf (click to show/hide)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 22, 2023, 12:00:20 am »

It surely would help if Steamed Imp could reveal elements of the flavor of the night actions you received.

It would help if others who were acted upon could also do this, such as that bomb business.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: December 22, 2023, 12:06:41 am »

It surely would help if Steamed Imp could reveal elements of the flavor of the night actions you received.

It would help if others who were acted upon could also do this, such as that bomb business.

Agreed.  I got 'steamed'.  Most of my flavor was 'of esteem'.  If you wish to call that a characteristic of the Esteemed hector13, I would say 'I think so!'.

The other flavor came from inside the status.  Name, 'Marked By Death', as I know I can share that.  I still must paraphrase the rest, and have done so as accurately as I believe I lawfully can.  It's of death and spirits and being marked, but also was sequentially removed before even my 'steaming' was stated.  And my overall flavor focused fully upon that 'steaming', and was... more than passingly strange but pleasant and I don't object.

And it seems 'markedly' different from the 'of Esteem' flavor, and seems likely independent of.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: December 22, 2023, 12:10:41 am »

Good to know. That's - the Mark - none of the players whose flavor I can presently confirm, but I have theories.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 22, 2023, 12:32:00 am »

Also, looking back over the Esteemed TricMagic's flip:

(Night) Noxious Neurotoxin Breath [target1][target2]: You breathe out a wave of brain-rotting, noxious fog. Your targets have their actions delayed until the next Night (they are told their actions failed), and gain Fallout Fumes.
(Night) Feverous Fang Bite [target]: You nibble on your target, gently. Your target’s abilities are all Disabled for the Night. If they have Fallout Fumes, you also kill them.

I wonder if it would be odd for a protect+fix power to inflict a status it would then instantly remove.  I am guessing that is unlikely, plus the Marked By Death thing doesn't seem obviously a fit to what the Esteemed ToonyMan claimed.

There's nothing obviously preventing 'getting steamed' from applying that status, except it seems to have no likely connection.

The Esteemed hector13 did not claim roleblocking of me either before or after I stated my experiences of the night.

I wonder if the Marked By Death came with a roleblock, like the Esteemed TricMagic's two quoted powers came with side and direct effects.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: December 22, 2023, 12:35:00 am »

@Steamed Imp:
It's worth noting my protection ability has the word "Death" in it. My role is heavily associated with death. Nothing I do would cause status conditions though. I have nothing about a Mark. Plus, I appear to have removed that status condition which would be pretty dumb if I caused it.

Whoever tried to mark Imp hasn't claimed it and is most likely mafia.

Any kill attempt has also remained unclaimed and is most likely mafia. Egan hasn't done anything to argue Max's serious accusation that they performed a mafiakill last night. I think it would be fair to give Egan at least a little time to defend themselves, because we gave Jack so much time. *snicker*

Thoughts on Players in no particular order

Imp - I will continue to protect them so everybody is forced to read their posts, most likely town
Knightwing - tried to copy/steal Webadict's inspect but failed, most likely town I think their enthusiasm in chasing Web is real and independent

Webadict - probably town, unless they aren't
Maximum Ham - claims Egan used a mafiakill

Hector - apparently had the same idea as me to target Imp, can we trust them? do they have anything to do with the Mark or is it a third person?

Jim - got three votes

NQT - tracked Elephant
Canadian Kitten - roleblocked by...someone trying to visit Sofanthiel

Crystal - tried to visit Hector, got bombed and roleblocked by Elephant
Elephant - bombed and roleblocked Crystal

Secretdorf - slenderman
Lenglon - ???
BlackHeart - ???

sofanthiel - won't explain themselves well, doesn't know why they revived??

Egan - probably tried to mafiakill if we believe Max, most likely mafia (Mafia or Pirate?)

@Egan:
You need to help us out here. Is Max's accusation malicious or is he being tricked? Even if you're mafia there's probably another mafia team or something hostile in this game so it is in your advantage to fuck them over. If you tried to kill last night: Did you target NQT or Sofanthiel last night believing they were scum?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: December 22, 2023, 12:39:23 am »

The Esteemed hector13 did not claim roleblocking of me either before or after I stated my experiences of the night.
There's a few possibilities:

1. I am lying about how my role works and also role-blocked you (and Marked for Death which was immediately removed).
2. Hector is lying about how his role works and role-blocked you (and possibly Marked for Death too?)
3. A third person Marked you while a fourth person role-blocked you.
4. A third person Marked you and roleblocked you.

I think it's one of these. It's not 1 because I'm not lying. I don't think 2 is that likely. It's probably scenario 4.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: December 22, 2023, 12:41:56 am »

@Imp:
Whoever role-blocked you is definitely mafia since it's gone unclaimed. They would be a mafia member that did not perform a kill last night.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: December 22, 2023, 01:07:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 22, 2023, 01:12:15 am »

BHK: mind claiming your action last night? I'll claim what info I got once you do.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 207