Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79993 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1230 on: December 21, 2023, 06:49:45 pm »

Seconding this.  I would love more time.  That said, I've done my absolute 'I want to do before day ends' stuff for this day.

As I don't know if have time, a partial reads/D3 presence preference list, just in case.  Ranking means little, especially for the names without comments yet or that are missing.

Unfinished but most important to me parts there most want alive (or not) D3 and reads list:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 21, 2023, 06:57:27 pm »

Don't take this the wrong way, but... More time for what?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 21, 2023, 07:01:24 pm »

@Imp:
If Webadict is partners with someone it's with Max, not Jim. I don't really think all three are together.

Web and Max have been in sync the whole game, however I've noticed Jim is not always on the same page as Web or Max, so them talking in private is not likely. I guess Web and Max having a private chat is possible though.

PPE:
Don't take this the wrong way, but... More time for what?
1. I'm still determining what happened last night.
2. Updating my reads on each player.
3. Certain players to address certain issues.

Also, I don't see the point in rushing when the night phase is going to cover Christmas anyway.

Why does the vote count list Jim with 3, not 2 votes?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 21, 2023, 07:20:36 pm »

Actually, I would like it if some willing individuals would claim their role submissions. Obviously, I'm a kind of flavor cop, and it wouldn't hurt to be able to interpret what I'm seeing better.
I am the Cat Came Back
Mister Johnson ain't gonna have a good time here
Surprisingly the song didn't seem influence much of the flavour or actions.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 21, 2023, 07:21:32 pm »

Esteemed Jim Groovester doesn’t know. He said he stole Esteemed sofanthiel > Esteemed notquitethere’s vote, and doesn’t know where the other one came from.

I would also like more time for quieter players to throw in their two cents, chief among them Esteemed Egan_BW

PPE:

I WAS GOING TO SUBMIT THAT AT SOME POINT, GODDAMN
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 21, 2023, 07:32:10 pm »

All of these sound like problems that can be solved with dead scum.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 21, 2023, 07:35:55 pm »

Esteemed ToonyMan:
@Imp:
If Webadict is partners with someone it's with Max, not Jim. I don't really think all three are together.

Web and Max have been in sync the whole game, however I've noticed Jim is not always on the same page as Web or Max, so them talking in private is not likely. I guess Web and Max having a private chat is possible though.

Reassuring.  If one of the three isn't involved, that could get interesting later.  That whole wanting both Jim and Max into the Piratechat though, if Max and Jim already share a chat and/or trust each other greatly, interesting that both would want in very strongly.  Any ideas why they might?
Why does the vote count list Jim with 3, not 2 votes?

We're not sure that I know of.  Discussion here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And then discussion about it kinda seems to stop.

@Imp:
You losing this "Marked for Death" status is very likely because of me. It's also quite likely that status is not just flavor...there would be a hidden effect you wouldn't know about. The "Reference" part in Tric's role is to indicate it's just a reference and would be removed in actual play.

It's actually 'Marked by Death'.  The wording is menacing but not that dire.  I believe it's very likely gone because of you.  Is the hidden effect likely gone too, if there is/was a hidden effect?

Of note, I got no flavor about the removal of the status effect... or its placement.  Both just happened, though the status contained flavor.  I believed you and wanted to see how that might affect any counterclaims if there were any, and I did get to see a lot of flavor last night.  But none that is clearly connected to the status removal.  'No noticeable flavor' is how I'd describe what was shown.

Hey, Esteemed Webadict, are you willing to explain/explore this 'likely ally' part in some detail?
Oh look, Egan_BW WAS a suspect, and Jack wasn't.  I'd also like to point out that this makes ToonyMan a likely ally of Egan.  If only we listened to me more often.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten:
I am the Cat Came Back
In case you care, in some games, that can harm you to share.  Like if we had a demon that uses 'true names' or something.  Always your choice, and you can even have a benefit from sharing, maybe.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 21, 2023, 07:39:49 pm »

I would also like more time for quieter players to throw in their two cents, chief among them Esteemed Egan_BW

PPE:

I WAS GOING TO SUBMIT THAT AT SOME POINT, GODDAMN

My two cents: Sofa is definitely suspicious for refusing to answer how they revived. Too vague and too shady-like.
I trust Max on Egan but I'm not quite sure if I should add a vote until other players business are concluded with the read lists and all.
SecretDorf is sus for wanting deaths of more people so they could get an extra vote.
Really just who I find currently most suspicious during d2 and in semi order of I find most suspicious (Sofa, Egan,... Dorf (... to symbolize just how far distant I consider Dorf to be Anti-town compared to Sofa and Egan))

also heeheehoohoo This kitty here caught the early bird  :P

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 21, 2023, 07:40:49 pm »

@Max:
I'm a doctor from One Piece, is that specific enough?
Should be.

Was that why town lost BYOR16? I tried to understand what was going on in that game and got most of it, but not all of it. But even if I had have understood, that game was extremely scum-sided. Town were killing scum every cycle and still lost.
I think it certainly contributed.

Obviously I would like to understand what's going on here. I started the game in the dark, and now I'm getting to grips. Only answer in full if doing so doesn't give an advantage to scum.
I don't KNOW if it does, that's the problem.

To make a long story short, the mafiakill caused the blocking because of its power.

Unrelatedly, I'm more sure that sofanthiel is up to something shady now. The real question Toonyman and others should have been asking pertains directly to that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 21, 2023, 07:51:16 pm »

I definitely think sofanthiel is the next choice to launch.

Was that why town lost BYOR16? I tried to understand what was going on in that game and got most of it, but not all of it. But even if I had have understood, that game was extremely scum-sided. Town were killing scum every cycle and still lost.
I think it certainly contributed.
Well, you guys DID launch the Unkillable Doublevoter Vigilante Day 1...

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 21, 2023, 08:09:46 pm »

EBWOP: None of those words mean anything to me. The bomb will kill CM if a certain condition is met; revealing that condition right now would not be in the interest of Town.
Is that condition me mafiakilling someone or is it like an arsonist condition of you giving the go ahead?
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 21, 2023, 08:11:12 pm »

EBWOP: None of those words mean anything to me. The bomb will kill CM if a certain condition is met; revealing that condition right now would not be in the interest of Town.
Is that condition me mafiakilling someone or is it like an arsonist condition of you giving the go ahead?
Please refer to the post you quoted.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 21, 2023, 08:14:36 pm »

I nearly forgot to ask: Crystalizedmire, why did you wait to claim being blocked and bombed?

Okay, I'm going to be honest: I got roleblocked when visiting Hector13
The roleblock included attaching a bomb onto me. Anyways, I'm suspicious of Egan_BW due to them not answering what they wrote, but I don't want to risk a hammer so I'm just going to not vote them.
At the risk of overanalyzing, "I'm going to be honest" makes it sound like you were reluctant to admit it. Why?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 21, 2023, 08:22:46 pm »

Esteemed CrystalizedMire.  My highest scumpick, and I'm unsure and almost conflicted about Esteemed Egan_BW.  I really would like to hear more from that worthy before end of day/hammering.  Without more communication from the Esteemed Egan_BW, I grow less comfortable with moving forward with that one, and somewhat but mostly don't understand the D2 reveals of mechanical evidence that is somewhat discussed by those very experienced players.  I wonder if you will choose to speak soon, Esteemed Egan_BW, or if you prefer your roleflip to do your talking for you.

But I feel no hesitation or concern about this vote.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 21, 2023, 10:14:38 pm »

Esteemed CrystalizedMire.  My highest scumpick, and I'm unsure and almost conflicted about Esteemed Egan_BW.  I really would like to hear more from that worthy before end of day/hammering.  Without more communication from the Esteemed Egan_BW, I grow less comfortable with moving forward with that one, and somewhat but mostly don't understand the D2 reveals of mechanical evidence that is somewhat discussed by those very experienced players.  I wonder if you will choose to speak soon, Esteemed Egan_BW, or if you prefer your roleflip to do your talking for you.

But I feel no hesitation or concern about this vote.
Egan_BW performed the Mafiakill and is thus scum.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 207