Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80043 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1215 on: December 21, 2023, 06:09:31 pm »

I believe this is the Vote Count
------------------------
Egan_BW                --7-- Maximum Spin*, Jim Groovester*, Jim Groovester*, Jim Groovester*, BlackHeartKabal*, webadict, Lenglon,
webadict                --2-- Knightwing64*, Secretdorf*,
Elephant Parade     --1-- Crystalizedmire,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
Crystalizedmire      --0--
hector13               --0--
Imp                      --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon                --0--
Maximum Spin      --0--
notquitethere        --0--
Secretdorf            --0--
sofanthiel             --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
No One               --0--

Not Voting          --7-- hector13*, Imp, sofanthiel, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan, Elephant Parade, Egan_BW,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (-60 hours and -52 minutes remaining.)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: December 21, 2023, 06:09:54 pm »

Max, was that active something bussing, blocking or killing?
No, it was the way I learned all these actions. That's the main thing I can do besides passively protect.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: December 21, 2023, 06:13:23 pm »

Believable. All that info does sound like it should be an action.

If we hammer Egan early, we might get another night in before Christmas. Just something to keep in mind!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: December 21, 2023, 06:13:55 pm »

Unverified and could be killer etc.
The Canadian kitten:   RB'd visiting Sofa - COULD BE THE KILLER
webadict:   RB'd 'inspecting' NQT - COULD BE THE KILLER
Maximum Spin:   Maybe doing something active to discover about Egan?? If not, could be malicious actor.

[...]

Probably couldn't do it   
[...]
Egan_BW:   Killed NQT, redirected to Sofa - obvious scum
Knightwing64: Tried to steal Web's inspect? Or at least check it was there?
The bias levels are off the chart.

nqt: I did something active, yes.
Knightwing tried to steal web's inspect results to power himself up somehow that I don't know the details of.
Knightwing64 being extremely rude :(

OK. One last thing. Do any of these words mean anything to anyone:

Heroa
Areoh
Orahe

Yes.  That would be an anagram of "Reaoh", which would be a Domain in Gate of Dreams, specifically, the Domain that Egan_BW's character belongs to.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: December 21, 2023, 06:14:22 pm »

Okay, I'm going to be honest: I got roleblocked when visiting Hector13
The roleblock included attaching a bomb onto me. Anyways, I'm suspicious of Egan_BW due to them not answering what they wrote, but I don't want to risk a hammer so I'm just going to not vote them.
My God, finally. I roleblocked and planted a bomb on CM because I found her the most suspicious of the low-heat players and figured it would be a low-heat player who performed the mafiakill.

PFP
Why am I suspicious to you?
Bad vibes, especially when you joined the bandwagon on Imp. If I had a more concrete reason, I've forgotten it

notquitethere: Tracked EP
Elephant Parade: Targeted CrystalMire (as I claimed before in an anagram)
Wait Elephant Parade, you attached a bomb onto me, didn't you?
Doesn't matter.  It wasn't the best target, but not the worst target.

@Elephant:  Could you block sofanthiel next?
I'm not convinced sofanthiel is scum -- he's scummy as hell but in the exact same ways as in Supernatural and AFM2, where he was town -- but I'll consider it, especially if we don't find an explanation for the revive.

EP, why didn't you bomb me? I thought you were on my case on D1. What's the bomb going to do?
You were on my shortlist, but (a) you drew more heat and (b) from an information-gathering/dragging-you-into-the-conversation perspective, webadict's planned super inspect would've made my roleblock mostly redundant.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: December 21, 2023, 06:21:57 pm »

Believable. All that info does sound like it should be an action.

If we hammer Egan early, we might get another night in before Christmas. Just something to keep in mind!
... Not optimistic on that one.  I wish our Nights were always 24 hours, but my guess is that it will take much too long.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: December 21, 2023, 06:22:32 pm »

EBWOP: None of those words mean anything to me. The bomb will kill CM if a certain condition is met; revealing that condition right now would not be in the interest of Town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: December 21, 2023, 06:25:13 pm »

Yes.  That would be an anagram of "Reaoh", which would be a Domain in Gate of Dreams, specifically, the Domain that Egan_BW's character belongs to.
Thanks! Well I 'learned' it last night. Whatever that means. Anyone want to claim that?

Unverified and could be killer etc.
The Canadian kitten:   RB'd visiting Sofa - COULD BE THE KILLER
webadict:   RB'd 'inspecting' NQT - COULD BE THE KILLER
Maximum Spin:   Maybe doing something active to discover about Egan?? If not, could be malicious actor.

[...]

Probably couldn't do it   
[...]
Egan_BW:   Killed NQT, redirected to Sofa - obvious scum
Knightwing64: Tried to steal Web's inspect? Or at least check it was there?
The bias levels are off the chart.
Unpack your thoughts. Where's the bias?

- Kitten claims to have been blocked while targeting Sofa so could have been performing a kill and making up the block.
- Web claims to have been blocked while "inspecting" Sofa so could have been performing a kill and making up the block. Extra suspicious because Knightwing claims Web has no inspects. So he's really claiming to have been jailed. But why not say that??
- Max at that time hadn't that his info was from an active action (though he has now).
- Egan was caught by Max killing me to redirect to Sofa with the kill, so probably wasn't also bussing and blocking and killing someone else at the same time, though I suppose it's not impossible!
- Knightwing targeted Web, and so probably wasn't killing, bussing, blocking other players at the same time, though I suppose he could have blocked Web (but highly unlikely given how commited he was to the results of his action).

I'm not infallible. Instead of being dismissive, just say in plain English where you think I went wrong.

EP, and, again, what does the bomb do? Should we be worried about it taking loads of other people out?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: December 21, 2023, 06:27:31 pm »

You did go wrong in one place: Knightwing can only confirm that webadict didn't use an inspect, and actually can't confirm even that although he thinks he can.

Also there is 100% a real block and, since I knew about it first, webadict softclaimed so only I would get it (apparently), and Canadian then confirmed it, it seems very likely that they were all telling the truth.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: December 21, 2023, 06:30:52 pm »

EP, and, again, what does the bomb do? Should we be worried about it taking loads of other people out?
In case you missed it:
EBWOP: None of those words mean anything to me. The bomb will kill CM if a certain condition is met; revealing that condition right now would not be in the interest of Town.
No, it won't kill anyone else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: December 21, 2023, 06:36:37 pm »

You did go wrong in one place: Knightwing can only confirm that webadict didn't use an inspect, and actually can't confirm even that although he thinks he can.
OK, that's a bit clearer to me now.

Also there is 100% a real block and, since I knew about it first, webadict softclaimed so only I would get it (apparently), and Canadian then confirmed it, it seems very likely that they were all telling the truth.
And the block emanates from targeting Sofanthiel?

Given the supreme shiftiness of both Sofa and Egan, I'm inclined to think they're both scum or SK (i.e. not necessarily on the same team)

Web possibly feels a bit unfairly vicitimised by me, but really he is a skilled and habitual liar in these games, regardless of alignment, so I have to keep reminding myself to stress test every damn thing he says. If he is actually town, that's great, he doesn't have anything to worry about.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 21, 2023, 06:40:16 pm »

And the block emanates from targeting Sofanthiel?
I feel like I should remind you that your needing to have all the information contributed to your losing BYOR 16, but... I'm willing to answer this in full if you really want.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 21, 2023, 06:43:59 pm »

Can we not quickhammer. I've barely put together any thoughts.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: December 21, 2023, 06:47:46 pm »

Was that why town lost BYOR16? I tried to understand what was going on in that game and got most of it, but not all of it. But even if I had have understood, that game was extremely scum-sided. Town were killing scum every cycle and still lost.

Obviously I would like to understand what's going on here. I started the game in the dark, and now I'm getting to grips. Only answer in full if doing so doesn't give an advantage to scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: December 21, 2023, 06:48:11 pm »

@Max:
I'm a doctor from One Piece, is that specific enough?

@Imp:
You losing this "Marked for Death" status is very likely because of me. It's also quite likely that status is not just flavor...there would be a hidden effect you wouldn't know about. The "Reference" part in Tric's role is to indicate it's just a reference and would be removed in actual play.

@Egan:
You need to defend yourself or you're going to die.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 207