Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80084 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #930 on: December 18, 2023, 06:32:00 pm »

Whatever night action(s) I have are not particularly an issue to me at the moment.

I'm way more concerned about why you're not explaining the secrecy intention, and why you discussed Maximum Spin as a 'fake' member.

That looks guaranteed not to fly by Max, and a super bad plan for any pro-town or any sane reason.

By which I mean, why would Max agree, without a word being spoken?

It looks like 'oops, I better make something up, these words seem okay'.  As Lenglon discussed, I'm paranoid.  My choices might matter.

If they don't, if only your choices matter, we don't even need to discuss this.  You saw everyone's current reaction to everyone's words.  You're still alive.  I certainly can't stop you, as is.  If I see everything's fine, I'll be fine.  If I see everything's changed, I'll be changed, and then I'll be fine.

All this makes me think consent does matter, which is interesting, but I don't understand.

I wonder though.  With an unnamed 3rd person, anyone who died could have been that third person, if you like their roleflip.  Again, it can cover for there already being a spot in that chat needed for another purpose/person already there.  Having to name all three, problematic, but workable around?

I can't control if you're lynched or not.  I don't see having any control here, except my vote and then doing whatever I can do with whatever I have before me that I can do.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 18, 2023, 06:37:17 pm »

@Maximum Spin: My apologies for not being able to keep your all-important request centermost in my mind at all times. Please forgive this humble monarch.
If thee be present, I would be willing to bump someone and place thee in the Pirate chat. I have only one request.
Tell me who gets booted out

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 18, 2023, 06:37:43 pm »

Didn't realize he was threatening to vote me over not getting in, with an almost identical offer to your own...which you seem to have broken.

You seem confused.  I never said I had a consequence for not including me.  I never said a request to enter.  I don't even dare ask for anything.
Max clearly threatened to vote me, and is doing so, because he wasn't invited. I was not talking about you.

Oh, doh.  I just realized you said that to Jim.  Thought you were calling me on breaking what I said I'd do, I was confused.  Gotta love the stress :)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 18, 2023, 06:38:42 pm »

Didn't realize he was threatening to vote me over not getting in, with an almost identical offer to your own...which you seem to have broken.

You seem confused.  I never said I had a consequence for not including me.  I never said a request to enter.  I don't even dare ask for anything.
Max clearly threatened to vote me, and is doing so, because he wasn't invited. I was not talking about you.

Oh, doh.  I just realized you said that to Jim.  Thought you were calling me on breaking what I said I'd do, I was confused.  Gotta love the stress :)
Would you mind making a votecount?
@Web: Can we get a votecount?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 18, 2023, 06:43:27 pm »

@Maximum Spin: My apologies for not being able to keep your all-important request centermost in my mind at all times. Please forgive this humble monarch.
If thee be present, I would be willing to bump someone and place thee in the Pirate chat. I have only one request.

You do catch that that my confusion and concerns are not affected by if it's Max, Elephant Parade, anyone as a member, right?  I'm concerned about your thinking, and your why.

I'm trying to think of a town why for a secret member, knowing that we could be a conversion, that it's not impossible.

So if it is a conversion and this public, you need a hidden member to try and survive the fallout.  I'm not kidding, I'm town now and I'd try to set it up so I died later if I'm converted.  I'd make that trap.

But if it's not a conversion, then why need a hidden member at all?  We're all whatever alignments.  I can imagine having multiple scary folks in there with me.  I would handle it as best I could, nothing's proven.  But hiding a member, I don't understand except to try and hide conversion.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 18, 2023, 06:48:09 pm »

I see this:

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack          --6-- Jim Groovester*, Secretdorf*, BlackHeartKabal*, Maximum Spin*, ToonyMan*, Egan_BW*,
The Canadian kitten  --4-- Lenglon*, webadict*, notquitethere*, EuchreJack*,
notquitethere           --2-- Elephant Parade*, Imp*,
sofanthiel                --1-- The Canadian kitten*,
Imp                        --1-- Crystalizedmire*,
BlackHeartKabal      --0--
Crystalizedmire       --0--
Egan_BW               --0--
Elephant Parade       --0--
hector13                --0--
Jim Groovester       --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon             --0--
Maximum Spin        --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --3-- hector13*, Knightwing64, sofanthiel*,

I never mind making one.

Reminder, Serial Ki... err, Secretdorf wants kills no more than 7, so he can kill us all faster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 18, 2023, 06:48:34 pm »

@NQT:  I am gonna inspect you.  Not sure what Max is doing, but I don't really think about my Actions.
I'm going to copy your inspect onto another player of my choice, which should give you that information as well based on how Fallacy said it would work. I will also end up getting a copy of the inspect for myself, but since you've said the action itself is a Basic Inspect, that's less impressive but I'll still use it.

Reasonable chance I won't be here till end of day.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 18, 2023, 06:49:29 pm »

You do catch that that my confusion and concerns are not affected by if it's Max, Elephant Parade, anyone as a member, right?  I'm concerned about your thinking, and your why.

I'm trying to think of a town why for a secret member, knowing that we could be a conversion, that it's not impossible.

So if it is a conversion and this public, you need a hidden member to try and survive the fallout.  I'm not kidding, I'm town now and I'd try to set it up so I died later if I'm converted.  I'd make that trap.

But if it's not a conversion, then why need a hidden member at all?  We're all whatever alignments.  I can imagine having multiple scary folks in there with me.  I would handle it as best I could, nothing's proven.  But hiding a member, I don't understand except to try and hide conversion.
You are forgetting about the Protection.
If I can only protect those IN the Pirate chat, then it makes sense to have one secret member and one fake member. 
The fake member looks protected while the secret member can absorb the mafia night kill.

In addition, if one member is secret and one member is fake, then we learn more about all the members.
Does the mafia seems fooled by this? If so, it is more likely all members of pirate chat are town.
Does the mafia seem to see right through it? If so, then at least one member is probably mafia.

And your paranoia about "Is this a cult?" is valid. I'm writing about the bloody thing, and I think it sounds like a cult.
I feel like I should end every post with "And it's NOT a cult".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 18, 2023, 06:51:53 pm »

Reminder, Serial Ki... err, Secretdorf wants kills no more than 7, so he can kill us all faster.
Well, I can fuck with that.
EuchreJack
You can too, Imp.

But before I die, one final question:
Why isn't Hector voting me?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 18, 2023, 06:56:01 pm »

And your paranoia about "Is this a cult?" is valid. I'm writing about the bloody thing, and I think it sounds like a cult.
I feel like I should end every post with "And it's NOT a cult".

Laughs and actually seems less stressed for a moment

Yeah, well.  I sorted that out, for myself mostly, over the first two days.  "Key and lock" kinda, I have a very interesting information set to work with.  You don't, if you're real, have to worry about hiding stuff that would be pro-town if known.  I have an information set that I can decide if I want to take risks on or not.  My issue is more, are you bait, are you true, or is this coincidence (uh-huh, yeah, like anything in this dance is).

Maybe we're not 'supposed' to have that much control in this?  Maybe we're tools, to be used right ourselves?

What if others have redirects and stuff.  We can't exactly hide and do this?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 18, 2023, 06:57:00 pm »

Well, I can fuck with that.
EuchreJack
You can too, Imp.

But before I die, one final question:
Why isn't Hector voting me?

I'm not saying 'kill you faster'.  Why are you?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 18, 2023, 06:57:54 pm »

I see this:

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack          --6-- Jim Groovester*, Secretdorf*, BlackHeartKabal*, Maximum Spin*, ToonyMan*, Egan_BW*,
The Canadian kitten  --4-- Lenglon*, webadict*, notquitethere*, EuchreJack*,
notquitethere           --2-- Elephant Parade*, Imp*,
sofanthiel                --1-- The Canadian kitten*,
Imp                        --1-- Crystalizedmire*,
BlackHeartKabal      --0--
Crystalizedmire       --0--
Egan_BW               --0--
Elephant Parade       --0--
hector13                --0--
Jim Groovester       --0--

I never mind making one.

Point of order: Careful analysis of that votecount reveals...I've already lost.
I can't leverage things to avoid at least a tie. So vote me Imp. Vote me, and fuck over Secretdorf. It's ok. Please

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 18, 2023, 06:58:27 pm »

I do wonder though.  If I were to ask you what could make this better for you, would you prefer to answer that out here, where all can see, or inside that private chat, where only some see?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 18, 2023, 06:58:36 pm »

Euchre, it ain't over until the Hammer falls.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 18, 2023, 06:59:26 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack       --8-- Jim Groovester*, Secretdorf*, BlackHeartKabal*, Maximum Spin*, EuchreJack*, ToonyMan*, Egan_BW*, notquitethere*,
notquitethere       --2-- Elephant Parade*, Imp*,
The Canadian kitten --2-- webadict*, Lenglon*,
Imp                 --1-- Crystalizedmire*,
sofanthiel          --1-- The Canadian kitten*,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
Crystalizedmire     --0--
Egan_BW             --0--
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--

9 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (2 hours and 0 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 207