Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79677 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #915 on: December 18, 2023, 05:53:53 pm »

I will join the vote for The Canadian Kitten.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 18, 2023, 05:55:38 pm »

@NQT:  I am gonna inspect you.  Not sure what Max is doing, but I don't really think about my Actions.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 18, 2023, 05:55:41 pm »

I have no read on TCk. I don't see myself voting them unless that changes or they're up against someone I really don't want to see executed.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 18, 2023, 05:56:07 pm »

people on the Jack wagon: would you be willing to vote Canadian with me if Web vanillized Jack?

I probably don't move off Jack but if I get the three invitees publicly, and I have, I have much less consternation if Day 1 ends with someone else.

I probably don't have a chance to spot check the cases for any other target than sofanthiel, who I think would be a decent choice.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 18, 2023, 05:58:23 pm »

I probably don't move off Jack but if I get the three invitees publicly, and I have, I have much less consternation if Day 1 ends with someone else.

Code: [Select]
IN:
Jim
Imp
ElephantParade

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 18, 2023, 05:59:51 pm »

Code: [Select]
IN:
Jim
Imp
ElephantParade

It was my intention to suggest that we fakeclaim that Maximum Spin is a member, since I think he could do a decent job acting like he was, and he would be willing to do so.  Sorry Max, it would have been fun.

1 ) Why exclude Maximum Spin at this point.
2 ) Why think Maximum Spin would 'go along with this'.
3 ) How to tell Maximum Spin, so that person can even decide if to go along with this?  Before that person flips out, as they stated they would.
4 ) Did you ignore what Maximum Spin Said would happen?  Are you even aware now what Maximum Spin has said about various parts of this, what their behavior would be?
5 ) Why do you think I or other Piratechat members would agree, or want, this fakeclaim?
6 ) What possible benefit do you think this fakeclaim has to the goals of this group, or your own personal goals?
7 ) Why Elephant Parade as a secret member?
8 ) Why a secret member at all?

watches the votes change

While I'm still terrified, putting me in a place where I can't be night killed also means the serial killers, Pirate alignments, and Mafia alignments are more free to use their night kills without an accidental redirect to me and 'imp goes off'.

I both like and dislike this.  There's also the fact that while I live I potentially may help anyone, and yeah, even safe-for-me-to-die-to-killers would probably wish I had died later too.

I can accept a The Canadian Kitten lynch.

My current intention if I receive an invite.... is I don't know.  If I even dare open it.

9 ) That nightkill protection.  Does it matter if the invitation is accepted?  This looks so stupidly much like bait I believe you said the alignment change happens regardless of if the chat is entered.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 18, 2023, 06:00:24 pm »

Is there more to the case against Esteemed The Canadian kitten than their post count?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 18, 2023, 06:01:26 pm »

EBWOP I meant 'inspect alignment result' change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 18, 2023, 06:05:23 pm »

people on the Jack wagon: would you be willing to vote Canadian with me if Web vanillized Jack?

I probably don't have a chance to spot check the cases for any other target than sofanthiel, who I think would be a decent choice.
Then I should remove you and add Max. He at least might change his vote to gain access to the Pirate chat.
Didn't realize he was threatening to vote me over not getting in, with an almost identical offer to your own...which you seem to have broken.
...but I think you're town, and Max is awfully eager to get in the Pirate chat.  Like Mafia eager.

Eh, have fun dying right after me, I guess. I'll openly mock you in deadchat.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 18, 2023, 06:06:42 pm »

Re: TCk: While it's true that he was pretty lurky as scum in his only previous game, he also put out some truly impressive noobposting, which I'm not seeing so much of here. That could just be because he has another game of experience, but it's worth noting.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 18, 2023, 06:14:00 pm »

Well, I had an awful day at work today because of mother nature and I'm hungry and don't have much of a voice right now.

I wish Jack would acknowledge me and NQT asking them to explain their thought process. I also wish Jack would share their thoughts about me.

I feel like players have not tried to give read lists. I know it's hard with so many players, but it's a little disheartening that I can't think of many today.

I don't really mind if the Canadian Kitten is voted off but I don't have a strong reasoning for why they would be mafia besides just sheeping the ~scary~Lenglon, unlike another player. In other words my confidence in Kitten being mafia are just as high as someone like sofenthiel or Elephant Parade or NQT being mafia I think. I'm not sure.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 18, 2023, 06:16:43 pm »

Didn't realize he was threatening to vote me over not getting in, with an almost identical offer to your own...which you seem to have broken.

You seem confused.  I never said I had a consequence for not including me.  I never said a request to enter.  I don't even dare ask for anything.

Actions have consequences.  I don't intend to impose any.

My reasons for wanting you lynched is terror over the chance of conversion.  Increased again by that secrecy.

I have no specific preference for anyone in or not in that chat.  What being in a private chat changes for me happens, period.  I care only about it not changing my alignment, because that's an utter fail on my part - not specific to this game.  I can be tricked, sure.  I better be tricked.  If I had TricMagic's abilities, I would never convert unless somehow forced outside of my control.

So, can you understand why this secrecy looks deceptive, entrapping, and dangerous to me?

If so, discuss, help me see it from a town viewpoint.  Presuming you still have interest in my being there, and my consent is meaningful before whatever happens, happens.

You're free to exclude me.  I don't care about being laughed at in dead chat.  I stopped expecting to have a chance to survive to D2 before I started to write my second post.  We saw TricMagic with a way to kill that excludes 'night kills', just takes 2 nights, not one.  Would have been a safe death for me, too.

I don't care about inclusion or exclusion of Maximum Spin.  I care about 'this looks and feels like a town decision, pro-town outcome, and if it isn't, people can do something effective about it'.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 18, 2023, 06:22:39 pm »

You seem confused.  I never said I had a consequence for not including me.  I never said a request to enter.  I don't even dare ask for anything.
Max clearly threatened to vote me, and is doing so, because he wasn't invited. I was not talking about you.

Pirate chat is automatic, as is the "inspect as pirate". The word "invite" refers to the link that you would get, if I should live, to pirate chat.
The protect can be toggled by me, so if you'd rather it not be, then you should probably study turn resolution, as whatever power you have probably won't be hindered by a protect. Unless you have a power that says "If you die, x player dies instead", a protect will just keep you from getting nightkilled.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 18, 2023, 06:24:37 pm »

And discussing powers such as "If you die, x player dies instead" might be more useful in pirate chat, if you goal is to trap someone with it. As opposed to just saying "Hey Mafia, if you kill me, then you die instead! Bring in on! which keeps them from shooting you at all.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 18, 2023, 06:26:13 pm »

@Secretdorf: Can I get a votecount? If not, is it personal preference or an ability restriction?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 207