Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79410 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #885 on: December 18, 2023, 04:12:24 pm »

Well, that was certainly quick. Why did you change votes? Assuming that you're voting for the person you think is the most suspicious, why did you voted NQT when they are someone you are just uneasy about? I'm pretty certain you are bandwagoning early on because you are the third vote

Hi there!  Welcome back to the game!

To answer you, day's preparing to end, I've posted my reads, done all the prep I can for my wincon, and we're nearing the lynch.  I've been told my top pick isn't likely to go, and I see votes are not flowing that way.

What I'm doing is called compromise voting.  If you read more... but that's a big ask this game.  I already explained why that person.  If you care, you'll find it.  It's even in the post that votes.  Really big ask, you're trying so hard here, it shows.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 18, 2023, 04:25:43 pm »

I read a lot of scumplay articles and I read that compromise voting is one of the causes of miselimination.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 18, 2023, 04:28:06 pm »

Imp, why are you sheeping Web specifically?

Hi!  I've watched Webadict shape at least one voting wave this game.  There was more than one, and I didn't participate in the first, also Egan_BW, the target of that first doesn't look anti-town to me.  I joined in on the second, or a later one, we've had a few waves, but I joined in pressuring Sofanthiel, and yanked back when I feared a hammer.

Now, it's near day end.  I am really unsure if I want a EuchreJack lynch or not, I don't know how much I believe him, but he was real convincing to me until he started messing around with 'secrets'.  Way past secret time, if town, and here he is, new secrets.  I really don't like that.  I am not 'hammer unhappy' but I want reasoning that reads town to me.

Otherwise, while still on the fence about if I want EuchreJack lynched, which is an extreme yes if he's not town, but I can see legit reason why town for everything except for this secretness now.

I see you as a decent compromise vote.  I don't get your game, I can't read what wincon you're currently moving towards, AKA I don't see you working towards a town win.  I'm willing to consolidate, I spent all day trying to find and paint targets on anti-town.  No idea how you spend D1, and I was in it with you.  Does not make me wanna help make sure you're here for D2.  My D1 read on you:  "notquitethere:  Uneasy about.  Not much activity from.  Weakly willing to go to D2 with.  Mostly null read."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 18, 2023, 04:32:36 pm »

Alright.
I'm not a fan of how this is going, because it looks to me like Jack is the probable lynch.
I dislike this because  I think Jack is town, as I've said repeatedly.
Canadian Kitten still seems like the best lynch for the day, especially since if they flip scum I'd be prepared to write a case for lynching Hector13 immediately after for the impressive defense of them they performed, with the lovely cherry on top of their incredibly inadequate justification for the push for me to target literally any other lurker than their buddy, which became the sofanthial wagon. However such a case only makes sense to make after one of the pair flips scum.
people on the Jack wagon: would you be willing to vote Canadian with me if Web vanillized Jack?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 18, 2023, 04:36:51 pm »

people on the Jack wagon: would you be willing to vote Canadian with me if Web vanillized Jack?
I'm not actually "on the Jack wagon" and only voting him so he learns to read, but yes.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 18, 2023, 04:45:23 pm »

I read a lot of scumplay articles and I read that compromise voting is one of the causes of miselimination.
Articles are written by people who are not good at mafia and who feel the need to justify their failures to the world.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 18, 2023, 04:46:23 pm »

Having gone away and read and thought about it, my thoughts are:

- I do NOT like Toony playing about saying to Jim that he should have shot him instead. It seems disingenuous.
- I don't like Web and Max colluding on night actions. I don't know that this is alignment-indicative for them, but it feels like bad play. I'm getting half-remembered flashbacks to another game where Web was like this (probably with Vector?) and I think it turned out one of them was scum and the other wasn't.
- I super don't like anyone throwing the game, regardless of alignment. EuchreJack's play was very disappointing.
- But more than that, I think I would like some answers to the Pirate question before nightfall! Whether that's someone claiming or EJ being eliminated.
- If Jack is town then this is more frustrating still.
- Has anyone else noticed that KnightWing has not made a single vote this whole day? Any reason?

---

Imp, what happened to you being sure EJ was town??

Lenglon, link me to the post Canadian Kitten made that made you think you'd found scum.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 18, 2023, 04:47:39 pm »

And if anyone cares what EuchreJack said about that, he actually answered web's offer, and I think he's the only one to discuss it used on themself:

@web: Obviously, you should default to TricMagic if you see no better options to Null. It would save him from the "Protect Scum, Kill Town" decision.
As for using it on me: I might be mildly annoyed to lose my ability, but frankly it's actually more work than I signed up for, so if you think I look scummy, feel free to scrub my profile. Vanilla Town would be easier, and I doubt anyone would want to waste time lynching or killing a powerless player.

His feelings might have changed.  Or been false -  he never actually voted Jim.  He never said yes to Webadict.  He supposedly asked to be mod killed, supposedly was offered, and supposedly 'pressed continue'.  For all he did briefly vote himself, then moments later 'unvoted' by reddening the word Pirates.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 18, 2023, 04:51:00 pm »

- I don't like Web and Max colluding on night actions. I don't know that this is alignment-indicative for them, but it feels like bad play. I'm getting half-remembered flashbacks to another game where Web was like this (probably with Vector?) and I think it turned out one of them was scum and the other wasn't.
If you could double and nearly triple a claimed cop's inspection power, wouldn't you do it?

Which reminds me, web, if you do lynch notquitethere, I need to know who you'll be targeting.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 18, 2023, 04:51:12 pm »

Alright.
I'm not a fan of how this is going, because it looks to me like Jack is the probable lynch.
I dislike this because  I think Jack is town, as I've said repeatedly.
Canadian Kitten still seems like the best lynch for the day, especially since if they flip scum I'd be prepared to write a case for lynching Hector13 immediately after for the impressive defense of them they performed, with the lovely cherry on top of their incredibly inadequate justification for the push for me to target literally any other lurker than their buddy, which became the sofanthial wagon. However such a case only makes sense to make after one of the pair flips scum.
I would much rather use my inspect on someone, but I would be okay voting Canadian.

- I don't like Web and Max colluding on night actions. I don't know that this is alignment-indicative for them, but it feels like bad play. I'm getting half-remembered flashbacks to another game where
... This action is an alignment inspect on you, and the inspect is guaranteed to be correct.  That is always a win for a Town player.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 18, 2023, 04:52:27 pm »

Which reminds me, web, if you do lynch notquitethere, I need to know who you'll be targeting.
Um... Well, we could always do ToonyMan, but Lenglon said she was going to do you and Max.  Or one of the lurkers that will be a problem going forward.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 18, 2023, 04:53:41 pm »

EBWOP:  You and Toony.  My brain broken.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 18, 2023, 04:55:03 pm »

Basically, I'll just inspect The Canadian kitten or something.

Sorry this is a triple post, but I just can't right now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 18, 2023, 05:05:56 pm »

I would much rather use my inspect on someone, but I would be okay voting Canadian.
Wait, what happened to your vanillizer being so important that you absolutely had to put it to a vote and use it tonight so it couldn't fall into scum hands?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 18, 2023, 05:11:12 pm »

NQT: Canadian

You're going to need context for this one NQT, it's not about a scumslip in a post, it's activity pattern. Up until that point Canadian had made a total of two posts for all of day 1, including RVS. Then when I got some votes put on them they suddenly came back with a flurry of activity. In that flurry of activity they listed their top 3 scumreads as the three main wagons other than themselves at the time, but when asked why couldn't provide plausible justification. Then as the pressure dialed down I maintained follow-up with them, asking them to provide evaluations of individuals. The first eval was of anyone they chose, and they chose Elephant and found them towny, which is fine on o
its own but I would expect new scum to pick someone outside their scumteam and find them towny to that kind of open prompt. Then I specifically asked about sofanthial after praising their eval of elephant, sofanthial was being found scummy for mild reason at best at the time, and there was barely any pressure on Canadian at the time. They responded by voting sofanthial after finding them vaguely scummy. Finally I asked them about Hector13, my top suspect for their scumbuddy. They have not responded.
Hector the whole time this was occuring was deflecting people to literally go after any other lurker, and even started the sofanthial wagon in the first place. If the two are partners it explains both of them near-perfectly.
I do NOT have a case on Hector as an individual at this time, so I want Canadian lynched, not Hector. IF Canadian flips scum, then I'll have foĺlow up.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 207