Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80425 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #690 on: December 17, 2023, 01:15:55 pm »

I haven't caught up on the thread fully yet, but web: I can copy your ability if I can target your target. If you feel it would be safe to tell me your target, then I'll do that.
Sure, doesn't matter to me.

I'm currently set on targeting notquitethere Tonight, since he has been rather quiet, and he tends to be in the middle of people's suspect range, but if there's a reason to inspect anyone else, I'm all ears.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 17, 2023, 01:18:36 pm »

What is worse with this version of Imp?  Can't wait to hear this.
You've got this "Everyone is different, no two people are not on fire" vibe like a parody of a new-agey kindergarten teacher on a children's cartoon.

That's a great question! Here's a special star sticker for your special great question! Okay, naptime for Crystalizedmire now, time to sing the naptime song!

Sure, doesn't matter to me.

I'm currently set on targeting notquitethere Tonight, since he has been rather quiet, and he tends to be in the middle of people's suspect range, but if there's a reason to inspect anyone else, I'm all ears.
I don't have a better suggestion, so I'll follow along with that unless I see you change your mind later.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 17, 2023, 01:26:20 pm »

@Max:
If Jack is town then why wouldn't he vote Jim with me? Why does he care about survival so much?

Do you believe FoU would have a "mafia" faction with no actual mafia members?

I think it's possible that players that didn't submit pirate themed roles would still be put on a Pirate mafia team, so I understand that. But I would have to believe Jack is town for that to work. And also that a town!Jack can make 25% of players inspect as mafia. Is having a private chat that is not alignment-confirmed worth making three other players millers? I don't believe it is. Why does Jack want to do this if he is town?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 17, 2023, 01:37:02 pm »

If Jack keeps who is selected by his chat hidden it can confirm that claimed inspects aren't simply scum saying non-scumbuddies inspect as town. It's an easy action to claim when you actually performed the nightkill.

If Jack publicizes who is selected by his chat it doesn't risk wasting town inspects and does enable coordination plays. For example if I was invited I would probably accept and share information there.

Max: Jack has waffled on who to invite more than once and I would like for you, specifically, to not be invited because reasons. I am suspicious of why you are attempting to demand an invite from Jack after earlier demanding to be excluded. Cool it please.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 17, 2023, 01:38:36 pm »

@Max:
If Jack is town then why wouldn't he vote Jim with me? Why does he care about survival so much?
Seems like normal Jack to me? He joined because he wants to play a game, he doesn't want to get kicked out of it in the first turn, until you ruin his day so much that he gets into a cassandra-complex hissy fit.

Do you believe FoU would have a "mafia" faction with no actual mafia members?
I believe Fallacy would come up with a decoy faction name under some circumstances, yes. I also believe that Fallacy would have an alignment people can inspect as that isn't a real alignment anyone actually has.

I think it's possible that players that didn't submit pirate themed roles would still be put on a Pirate mafia team, so I understand that. But I would have to believe Jack is town for that to work. And also that a town!Jack can make 25% of players inspect as mafia. Is having a private chat that is not alignment-confirmed worth making three other players millers? I don't believe it is. Why does Jack want to do this if he is town?
I think Jack would want to do that because he overvalues private chats, as you very well know, and, besides, making other players millers isn't that big a deal when this is a big complicated BYOR and there's already at least one claimed super-inspect floating around. I also believe Fallacy would definitely be willing to set a game up that way. I also think that it's entirely plausible that a town Jack could make three players inspect as a specific kind of mafia, when it's possible that those players may never have been town to begin with, godfather abilities that this would nullify could be in play, and who knows what else.

Max: Jack has waffled on who to invite more than once and I would like for you, specifically, to not be invited because reasons. I am suspicious of why you are attempting to demand an invite from Jack after earlier demanding to be excluded. Cool it please.
I want to be included now because you want me to be excluded.
Also if you think you're doing an action on me, you aren't.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 17, 2023, 01:43:00 pm »

I need to do a bunch of Christmas shopping and other Christmas related activities so I don't ruin Christmas for my family so I will probably be pretty scarce today until late at night.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 17, 2023, 01:47:49 pm »

Case against Imp:
Imp says that they have an ability which makes scum want to target them. However, I think that the chances are high that they're lying about this to gain protection against scum teams. Even if Imp is indeed town and telling the truth, we should still eliminate Imp in case scum has an ability that goes through protection. In this post Imp responses to Tricmagic and Egan seems like filler to me rather than actual discussion.
she/her

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 17, 2023, 01:50:11 pm »

Unimpressive case there crystalized. You are assigning Imp the fear of being afraid of scumteam nightkills, implying Imp isn't on those same scumteams.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 17, 2023, 01:51:16 pm »

I thought we already know that there are multiple sumteams
she/her

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 17, 2023, 01:54:09 pm »

@Max:
Seems like normal Jack to me? He joined because he wants to play a game, he doesn't want to get kicked out of it in the first turn, until you ruin his day so much that he gets into a cassandra-complex hissy fit.
He could have asked Jim to kill him instead of publicly requesting to be modkilled.

I believe Fallacy would come up with a decoy faction name under some circumstances, yes. I also believe that Fallacy would have an alignment people can inspect as that isn't a real alignment anyone actually has.
I can believe this if Jack is town.

I think Jack would want to do that because he overvalues private chats, as you very well know, and, besides, making other players millers isn't that big a deal when this is a big complicated BYOR and there's already at least one claimed super-inspect floating around. I also believe Fallacy would definitely be willing to set a game up that way. I also think that it's entirely plausible that a town Jack could make three players inspect as a specific kind of mafia, when it's possible that those players may never have been town to begin with, godfather abilities that this would nullify could be in play, and who knows what else.
I believe Jack said they also inspect as Pirate.

That's, at a minimum, five players that would inspect as Pirate after the first night.

That's six players that would be millers if I believe your claims, which I don't.

I think it would be stupid to have a setup like this if Pirates did not exist as actual players. Jack's ability is mainly a benefit to them. If he is town I don't think it's correct to use it. I don't really agree with Lenglon's points.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 17, 2023, 01:56:24 pm »

Unimpressive case there crystalized. You are assigning Imp the fear of being afraid of scumteam nightkills, implying Imp isn't on those same scumteams.
I meant to say that Imp is afraid of at least one scum team
she/her

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 17, 2023, 01:56:45 pm »

I thought we already know that there are multiple sumteams
A few of us (Me, Imp, Egan) are aware of a red team called "Pirate", which would be a mafia alignment.

Jack is also aware of this team, and like me, has claimed they are a miller of this alignment. However, I'm trying to see their behavior as town and it is difficult.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 17, 2023, 01:59:44 pm »

He could have asked Jim to kill him instead of publicly requesting to be modkilled.
Do we believe Jim can still kill anyone today?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 17, 2023, 02:00:40 pm »

Do we believe Jim can still kill anyone today?
I went back and checked, which I should've done before posting, and, in fact, it's 1-shot, it's gone. Presumably.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 17, 2023, 02:02:13 pm »

Crystalized: We do  not. Assuming we trust Egan/Imp/Toony, there are Town, Mafia, Pirate, and Hunter alignments or inspection results. If you don't trust Egan/Imp/Toony then we don't even know that. It also is fully possible that Pirates don't actually exist as an alignment and Egan/Imp only have references to the inspection result.

You are making a case on the source of the multiple scumteams info in the first place, you especially shouldn't be certain of that.

I do personally think there are multiple scumteams, but I have no information on the matter myself.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 207