Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80331 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #675 on: December 17, 2023, 11:30:12 am »

But you are already voting him. Besides, I genuinely think that Canadian Kitten is just overwhelmed and not scum this time
Why?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 17, 2023, 11:48:17 am »

But you are already voting him. Besides, I genuinely think that Canadian Kitten is just overwhelmed and not scum this time
Why?
I find it reasonable that he's overwhelmed. Anyone who wasn't following along from the start will likely be confused on what's happening so I find it reasonable that Canadian Kitten is genuinely confused. This doesn't exclude the possibility that he's scum. My reason for believing Canadian Kitten is town is vibes.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 17, 2023, 11:54:58 am »

I find it reasonable that he's overwhelmed. Anyone who wasn't following along from the start will likely be confused on what's happening so I find it reasonable that Canadian Kitten is genuinely confused. This doesn't exclude the possibility that he's scum. My reason for believing Canadian Kitten is town is vibes.

Who else do you have vibes for, or other reads on?  I get that you feel I'm scum or scummy, and I'd love to see more of your case on me as well, could you restate it?  Are you seeing more scumminess and can you reveal it for others to understand too?

And back when you voted Egan_BW, you state it's because you think Webadict is town, and you asked why Webadict thought Egan_BW was scum.  You listed two reasons, did you and do you still think Egan_BW is scum?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 17, 2023, 12:03:33 pm »

I think you definitely tried to spin the situation you focused on in your favor, which isn't a good look, though it's also not something I can really blame you for.  The rest is not super inaccurate, even though that pains me to admit.

'Tis a shame, and I'm not proud of my performance, but what can ya do?  Oh, wait, I can improve it.  I'll definitely try, and you can definitely definitely expect a lot more from me on the weekdays.

Guess pressing on Max with my one vote is as fruitless a task as changing the earth's trajectory by jumping on a trampoline.  Regardless, I have plans to use my ability when the time comes, which is going to be the center point of my playstyle during this game.
You voted him several times without changing votes yet you never explained why. Why?

Who else do you have vibes for, or other reads on?  I get that you feel I'm scum or scummy, and I'd love to see more of your case on me as well, could you restate it?  Are you seeing more scumminess and can you reveal it for others to understand too?

And back when you voted Egan_BW, you state it's because you think Webadict is town, and you asked why Webadict thought Egan_BW was scum.  You listed two reasons, did you and do you still think Egan_BW is scum?
I still think that webadict's town and I have less of a scum vibe from Egan now.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 17, 2023, 12:13:15 pm »

spin
You voted him several times without changing votes yet you never explained why. Why?
Nice question, I like that you saw that and asked about it!

I still think that webadict's town and I have less of a scum vibe from Egan now.
Great.  Why do you have less of a scum vibe from Egan_BW now?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 17, 2023, 12:20:20 pm »

I haven't caught up on the thread fully yet, but web: I can copy your ability if I can target your target. If you feel it would be safe to tell me your target, then I'll do that.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 17, 2023, 12:25:00 pm »

I'd also like to toss this into the mix, does anyone have an item they wish they didn't have?  If so, what are you willing to say about it?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 17, 2023, 12:28:30 pm »

Given that EuchreJack seems committed to inviting me to his chat, let me just precommit to this: If my alignment changes at any future point, I will loudly announce this and then quit playing. If this is in some way related to the Pirate Chat I will also confirm everyone who is in it.
If EuchreJack suddenly finds an excuse not to invite me now, then respond accordingly. Otherwise, you can safely assume that, if his invitations really do that, you'll find out about it. There, now we don't have to lynch him.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 17, 2023, 12:29:55 pm »

Why did you say it as "EuchreJack was given the town role Pirate King"? This makes it seem like FoU gave you the name.
(BTW, since this has been asked of EuchreJack's phrasing twice, I want to confirm that I didn't name my role, Fallacy gave it a weird name of his own.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 17, 2023, 12:35:40 pm »

It seems like Euchre Jack is getting mod killed(my previous reason for not voting them is that I didn't want them to have a meltdown) so I'm going to stick with my vote on Imp. Also, can someone recap why we are voting sofanthiel?
Mostly, it is a pressure vote for content.

I was not really impressed by Canadian kitten's responses, so I would rather vote them.
^
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 17, 2023, 12:40:27 pm »

Why?
Okay.

I also think Web and Egan are probably town, or at least, not mafia.

PPE:
Why did you say it as "EuchreJack was given the town role Pirate King"? This makes it seem like FoU gave you the name.
(BTW, since this has been asked of EuchreJack's phrasing twice, I want to confirm that I didn't name my role, Fallacy gave it a weird name of his own.)
I got my exact role name I submitted. Which probably has something to do with pirates.

If I had to guess, me and Jack are the only players that submitted a role that has to do with pirates. A third player (or more) is possible, but I don't believe it's likely. Imp seems all dream and Lord of the Rings related, and Egan was doing RTD dungeon master stuff. A theoretical third pirate would have been silent for everything so far (which is understandable if they're mafia), besides the fact that Jack can makes three additional players inspect as Pirate...I don't believe Jack looks very good here. Pirates are another type of mafia, this is the truth.

Webadict is correct that I am thinking quite little of a mafia!Jack who would behave in this way, which can be seen as insulting of their skill level, but I think ignoring my convictions would be equally as incompetent of me.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 17, 2023, 12:50:03 pm »

Great.  Why do you have less of a scum vibe from Egan_BW now?

I'll get to these questions later
I'd also like to toss this into the mix, does anyone have an item they wish they didn't have?  If so, what are you willing to say about it?
Are you trying to find which players have which items? If so, that reflects quite badly on you because I feel it is a type of rolefishing.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 17, 2023, 01:00:27 pm »

I'll get to these questions later
Cool, I'll still want to know.
Are you trying to find which players have which items? If so, that reflects quite badly on you because I feel it is a type of rolefishing.
No, I asked a very specific question.  I am not trying to find out 'which players have which items', except for those who choose to answer that question, as asked.

Nice to know what you think and say about it, that's great to know!

However, my purpose is not rolefishing, not that you asked.

Adding to your pile of not yet answered questions, Crystal - why are you concerned I asked that question?  Are you concerned that someone might answer it, and things might happen because of that answer that are not useful for your wincon?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 17, 2023, 01:04:03 pm »

What do we learn if EuchreJack flips Town?  I'd argue we learned nothing.  We learn that same lesson every time EuchreJack acts like this and we vote him out.  We vote for EuchreJack because we can't dig a little deeper.  We vote for EuchreJack because he does things without putting as much thought into it as he should.  We vote EuchreJack and accept the results, in spite of how insane that sounds.  Because it will happen again.
Exactly.
Every problem can be solved with death, but the game can't be won by killing everyone.
It can for TricMagic.
Oh, sweet.  I do think I outed myself to CrystalizedMire, who revealed that, tried to cover, and now claims can't remember.  I could be really, really wrong.  But that's why I'm currently voting CrystalizedMire, my little confused townie self who doesn't know but has some information I can't imagine having except I do in this weird game, thinks looks so scummy.

I know I gotta roleflip first, before that means much.  And I still could be wrong.  But I'm so glad to add a bit more evidence to the pile.  Course, if I'm scum and lying... again, my claim explains why I suspect CrystalizedMire from the behavior shown.

I wonder if your alternate explanation also covers that, just in case it does.
Would you care to remind me why you think this? Maybe I'll even agree.
Try to do it concisely and not sounding like a psychotic though, please.
@Imp:Why are you voting Crystalizedmire? Should more people be voting Crystalizedmire?

I know stuff I was told scum also know, that I didn't know was 'public info' (just to scum teams existing at start of play) so I didn't hide it, like EuchreJack didn't hide his convert stuff.

CrystalizedMire had a very strange reaction to Maximum Spin voting me during early RVS stage.  I think that vote and how Hector said it combined with my reveal and, given this is that player in a 18 player game with so much to watch for, I think it made a light go on in CrystalizedMire's head that would only go on in a scum's head.  And, the recovery and reversal seems possible of someone saying 'stop that'.

Well, I can't decide between voting sofanthiel, Euchre Jack or Maximum Spin at the time but Maximum Spin trying to discredit Imp is pretty scummy.
Was sofanthiel trying to discredit me by voting me earlier? Was Lenglon trying to discredit Jim?

Well, I can't decide between voting sofanthiel, Euchre Jack or Maximum Spin at the time but Maximum Spin trying to discredit Imp is pretty scummy.
Was sofanthiel trying to discredit me by voting me earlier? Was Lenglon trying to discredit Jim?

I need to pick someone to protect. Please vie for my affections in an orderly manner.
I can't believe I genuinely thought that maximum spin was being genuine when he said that they believe that imp is mafia. Oh well, I guess claiming protector and miller is still a little suspicious

Is CrystalizedMire actually scum?  I don't know.  But I do suspect because of that behavior and its timing.
Oh, thanks. I'm not sure I agree, though. It seems a little paranoid. While I agree Crymea's logic doesn't make sense, I could see him genuinely thinking that way as town.

INTERMEZZO
While compiling this post:
I got my exact role name I submitted. Which probably has something to do with pirates.

If I had to guess, me and Jack are the only players that submitted a role that has to do with pirates. A third player (or more) is possible, but I don't believe it's likely. Imp seems all dream and Lord of the Rings related, and Egan was doing RTD dungeon master stuff. A theoretical third pirate would have been silent for everything so far (which is understandable if they're mafia), besides the fact that Jack can makes three additional players inspect as Pirate...I don't believe Jack looks very good here. Pirates are another type of mafia, this is the truth.

Webadict is correct that I am thinking quite little of a mafia!Jack who would behave in this way, which can be seen as insulting of their skill level, but I think ignoring my convictions would be equally as incompetent of me.
Unless you are specifically claiming pirate-hunter, which I wondered before, I don't really think pirate-themed role submissions directly impinge on alignment. I think the way Fallacy did it is that seeing some pirate-themed players inclined him to pick pirates as the team, but then he selected players to put into that randomly irrespective of role.
If you are specifically claiming pirate-hunter, I will reconsider. In fact, doing that would make me vote Jack with you, and as far as I'm concerned it's equivalent to town, so if you are, I think you should.

Web and Max were actively trying to cover for this, which... what? I can't reconcile that with being town, but at the same time I think webadict is town.
Let me be clear, at least about my part, although I think web is on the same page:

I agree that pirates, if they exist, would be a scum team.
I do not agree that EuchreJack claimed being a pirate.

If EuchreJack had unknowingly claimed being a pirate, surely, yes, he accidentally claimed being scum. But he never actually said that. He only said he was a pirate-miller with a pirate-themed role. I do not see this as convincing that he is on an actual pirate team. Particularly in a Fallacy game.
His behavior thereafter makes me even less likely to think that.
But at the same time, we can't just turn down every suspect because we're afraid of errors and wine.
Sure, but there has to be some meta-level thinking or you're just being an idiot and reacting. I see web says basically the same thing later. You have to understand what a EuchreJack is to succeed. Clearly, most players don't.
I think you definitely tried to spin the situation you focused on in your favor, which isn't a good look, though it's also not something I can really blame you for.
You're such a weirdo.

Look, tell me what you're trying to do, because otherwise, if you think you're going to use an action on me... you're not.

Okay, looks like that's all I've got that I care about. This is way too many people.
Oh, new post. Somehow this version of Imp is worse than the dream one.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 17, 2023, 01:14:04 pm »

Somehow this version of Imp is worse than the dream one.

Wheee!  Come on, Maximum Spin!

What is worse with this version of Imp?  Can't wait to hear this.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 207